• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

Jamshyd said:
Ketamine (which I used regularly but never to the point of addiction or really high doses) is probably the single drug (and one of the most powerful forces in the world) that has caused me nothing but positive change. I consider it truly sacred.

If I had 3 things to take with me to a deserted island, Ketamine would be one of them, even if it is a single dose :).

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Jamshyd says (and has probably ever said) about ketamine.

There are few things to which I would attach the term sacred but I have no hesitation in regards to ketamine.

Although I have only taken it a handful of times and would not dare to state I 'know'* it better than any other drug, it has a sheer power that qualifies it as something that must surely be revered above almost anything else - in my mind at least.

It has changed my life, not only in the much acknowledged removal of fearing death but also revealing the near-ethereal mechanics of every second of every minute in this life. I would swap a decade, perhaps a lifetime, of emotions for the hour of uncensored enlightenment that was offered by my greatest experience with this drug. Its ability to encompass practically everything conceivable within a comparatively miniscule timeframe, makes it the single most worthy substance I will ever consume in my lifetime.

I shudder at the thought of sub-'hole' dosing in order to provide only dissociative effects - to me, that is the sheer definition of wastage.

*I attempted to interpret ketamine after my most worthwhile experience and was punished. Preconception yields nothing but a fabricated ketamine world IMHO.

psood0nym said:
Wish I could get more from K than bizarre feelings and nausea. Oh well.

Can I ask you how many time did you use K?

The first few times I used it, nausea was there, I sometimes puked, the trip was pretty unconfortable to handle.

But, with more experience with K, the nausea when away, I dosed more heavily, and got some memorable experience.

But, the last time I did K, I understood during my trip that I had to stop drugs, and especially K. I abused of it a few days in a row, did a gram in 3 bumps, and got into a very chaotic world, in which I understood that I should act on the real world, instead of creating artificial places in my head.
I consider myself lucky to have had that trip, I was getting into a pattern of addiction to Ketamine.

If I do drugs again, I will use plants, something with such side-effects I can't get hooked up on.

Getting into the hole can become really addictive. There, it is possible to see a world like we want it to be, be powerfull, do everything. But, ketamine addiction can bring you so low....

college_dropout said:
Ketamine + Acid together will teach you more than either of them on their own imo.

That's only with small doses of K though.

Ketamine on top of a candy-flip = lalaland

How to spend half an hour looking at a tree...

But, I never did it on the top of a clean candy-flip. The acid was always weak, or I was doing too much E, or too much speed over the candyflip....

Also, doing K on the comedown of LSD is interesting, in a different manner as doing it at the peak, but interesting.

AcidRain said:
yes changed me.

I put it down to something like this - if you only ever look at something from one perspective, you cant see everything that's there, if you take multiple perspectives, more things become apparent

I agree with that......good quote.

college_dropout said:
Ketamine + Acid together will teach you more than either of them on their own imo.

That's only with small doses of K though.

Don't know - I had 120mg IM on top of 3 Alex Grey Hoffmans & it produced on of only three ++++ experiences I've ever had in quarter of a century of tripping.

Of course I did the very thing you cant do... 2 hours later I repeated the IM dosage (trying to reproduce the state) and scared the living shit out of myself! ++++'s are a totally chance/random occourance

For others who have overcome shyness/social interaction problems, how did acid do it for you? With me it made me acutely aware that all the people who I didn't want to look foolish etc in front of were just as big a fuck up as me in their own ways. Nobody's perfect (or if you are they nail you up after your 33rd birthday!) and acid stopped me worrying about others opinions and made me realize that other people's opinions didn't matter until you were happy with yourself (then you can deal with others in a non-destructive way).

It has lead to maybe a few eccentricities (If Zophen is reading this, resist the urge to produce a big list of them, please!), but overall I'm a happier, more socially intergrated person because of acid.

fastandbulbous said:
For others who have overcome shyness/social interaction problems, how did acid do it for you? With me it made me acutely aware that all the people who I didn't want to look foolish etc in front of were just as big a fuck up as me in their own ways. Nobody's perfect (or if you are they nail you up after your 33rd birthday!) and acid stopped me worrying about others opinions and made me realize that other people's opinions didn't matter until you were happy with yourself (then you can deal with others in a non-destructive way).

It has lead to maybe a few eccentricities (If Zophen is reading this, resist the urge to produce a big list of them, please!), but overall I'm a happier, more socially intergrated person because of acid.
it made me realise that it doesnt matter. almost complete apathy towards OUR social group as a whole. thats the reason our social group is like it is its because enough people agree on certine ideas and put faith in certine phanamina as being more valid then the other, or hell even drawing a line to seperate it as a destinked phanamina rather then viewing it all as just is. if it is, how can you argue with it? all in all it has brought me closer to god, which (nonone has been able to rearnge my ideas to fit any other paradigm, and I have got alot of "your jut wrong" from telling people this) we are all part of. Iv been brought to a place were we are all it, everything is it, the thought of it and the thought of something being out side of it is ALL IT.

LSD in particular has not been the biggest caalyst for me, but my psychedelic experience has surely removed me from the many social traps that we lay for ourselves and each other in this society. It has allowed me to view society 9and humanity) as a sort of beautiful cancer. It's something we must live with and learn to be a part of in order to be successful humans (at least ones living in society), but it's also something that we simply must learn to distance ourselves from, lest it erode our individuality and zest.

But the primary change that psychedelics have had for me is that they have brought me face-to-face with our spirituality and the very nature of life and consciousness in a way that religion could never have done. Those experiences have changed me forever and I will never lose my gratitude for that.

Psychedelics have made a much more confident, comfortable, happy, and well-adjusted person, and I think overall i appear less eccentric to people than i once did due to the removal of a large amount of social anxiety I had when I was younger.

Xorkoth said:
Psychedelics have shown me how to understand my weaknesses, accept them, and move past them. They have shown me how to be tolerant of differences. They have shown me how to be completely comfortable with myself. They have shown me how to be a better person to those I love. They have shown me solidly my place in the universe and changed my hopeless atheistic outlook into what most would call pantheism. Psychedelics showed me how to stop lying to myself (most of the time), something that people do to a shocking extent.

/\ agree wholeheartedly

fastandbulbous said:
Nobody's perfect (or if you are they nail you up after your 33rd birthday!)

/\ spot-on

fastandbulbous said:
Don't know - I had 120mg IM on top of 3 Alex Grey Hoffmans & it produced on of only three ++++ experiences I've ever had in quarter of a century of tripping.

Of course I did the very thing you cant do... 2 hours later I repeated the IM dosage (trying to reproduce the state) and scared the living shit out of myself! ++++'s are a totally chance/random occourance

And the greatest thing about ++++ is that there is no doubt, practically part of the definition of what makes it.

I got VERY lucky hitting ++++ on my third k-hole. My attitude towards the drug would still include a great deal of respect otherwise but after that I feel strongly compelled to invite my own mother to try ketamine.

i agree with how it makes you not fear death. ketamine has taught me alot, much of which i cannot really explain in words.

you definitely have to try it to believe it..

^ Definitely... it's probably the one state of mind a person is least able to try to explain in words.

Very true...to me, it is just existing in a sea of memories that are thrown together. Ketamine has shown me just how much my memories form my psychedelic experiences on all substances. It has also brought me into a logical frame of mind where I do not believe I am transcending time and space, but rather just allowing my mind's eye to take over my experience. That is what discocciatives are to me.. a death of the body, and a taking over of the mind.

On the notion of getting over fear of death, I believe this could well work out, but having come very,very close to death at age 5 (my body temperature shot up to a lethal level out of no where and the doctors were fairly certain I was not going to make it) , it feels little like what I was feeling then. Death is the surrenduring of both the body and mind, so long as you believe the mind is derived from the brain, so with the nullification of use of the brain, comes the inability to have a mind. Ketamine, on the other hand, is a somewhat death of the senses of the body and a stimulation of the mind. I think that sometimes people get the two confused.

I am not trying to shank anybody's experiences and to dismiss that idea that ketamine is like near death. I suppose it might depend on how you come to die. For me, I just blacked out continuously and came to horrendously nauseas and confused, and ketamine is nothing like that for me. I think that if you were to come to close under other circumstances, your mind might become very aware, hence time sllllooowwwing down, and ketamine could be close to it. I could see how ketamine could make you overcome your fear of death by allowing you to learn how to surrender your body, but I don't know that it will teach you how to surrender your mind. Death is permanent, a k-hole is not.

actually ketamine made me fixated on death(not like wanting to die, but the subject itself)...

Yes. I was changed. Profoundly. I doubted there was a God beforehand, but afterwards, I was convinced of the existence of a higher power, "God" for lack of a better vocabulary, beyond our understanding. We mortals, with finite minds, can not understand the immortal, and/or the infinite. Just as our eyes can only perceive the visible light spectrum... there is so much more. I no longer fear death, a major personal breakthrough. I will never forget the revelation that "we are all on the same trip." Connected. I've also found that some of the better sets by Oakenfold (Global Underground 007 - New York is the bomb), or Sasha, for instance, will bring me right to the Pearly Gates whilst tripping. Pure Heaven, or at least, a glimpse of it. I simply will not trip without it. I know it sounds a bit crazy to some ("ugh, Oakie's too commercial"), but it's got just the right positive vibe. The perfect tool for the perfect drug. The Right Music is the Key to a Great Trip, and Oakie's is specifically designed for it (aside from his latest album "A Lively Mind" which is crap; instead, check out his live radio show appearances from R538 Dance Department or Radio 1 Essential Mix). Try it once, and you'll be a believer, too. I swear it to be true. It's been real, laters...

SpellmanT7 said:
I got VERY lucky hitting ++++ on my third k-hole. My attitude towards the drug would still include a great deal of respect otherwise but after that I feel strongly compelled to invite my own mother to try ketamine.
I thought every K-Hole is a ++++?? You forget everything about yourself, about life and about reality and experience something that goes beyond any possible accurate description.

Xorkoth said:
Psychedelics showed me how to stop lying to myself (most of the time), something that people do to a shocking extent.

Ain't that the truth?!!! :\ ;) %)

it showed me the world, and it was beautiful.
then it showed me myself, not so great.
psychs have shattered my (old) everything.
but all up theres been change for the better.

of the 2 dozen+ psychedelics i have experiemented with LSD has had the most significant impact on my life.
It brought me out of a very long lasting depression. Changedhow i view myself and the world around me drastically. And now everytime i take it it reminds me of the lessons i learned on my most significant trip.
Basically LSD is one of the few psychedelics that has left a permamnent change on me.

I am not so sure that a true k-hole is a ++++. If that were the case, then I have had well over 100 ++++'s in my life... Yes , k-holes, not just strong ketamine trips. I've used ketamine 300+ times in the past six years. Disocciatives are a completely different world than your typical psychedelic. On ++++'s, the couple I believe I have had, everything feels like it is alligning up perfectly just for the moment..it feels like my entire life has led up to THIS moment, and this is it, then whooosh, it happens.

With k-holes, I honestly don't quite remember being led into one...I never even realize what is happening until I come out of it. My mind is so encompassed in the experience that I am not even aware that I have taken a substance. Of course this is all well and good, when I'm slumped over on the couch or floor,and not running around, which is impossible in a k-hole. Regardless, when I come out of the experience, I am able to recall parts of it. As an example, one time I was a character in a video game I use to play (Everquest 2) and I was running around casting healing spells on people fighting wild turtles and chatting to them as if it was actually happening. It is almost like a dream, really. I notice my memories forging my experience more on ketamine, where as in a ++++, I forget myself or anything about myself. Not to say that I remember MYSELF in a k-hole either, but I can see - Afterwards- how my memory has created the experience for me, where as in a ++++, I could not.

I don't wish to argue the semantics of ++++'s, but I do believe they are very rare.

fastandbulbous brings up an interesting scenario. I have always found that when mixing ketamine with serotonin-based psychedelics, that they just seem to act upon the ketamine experience. I have found the same thing with DXM as well. It is hard to ignore or dodge the effects of disocciatives if you don't like them, hence why some people are right scared of these substances. As well they should be, as a panic attack during the onset of either could be disasterous. They are so immersive that the other psychedelics tend to just put a different "colour" to the experience. This is all based on my experience though, so correct me if you feel different or have experienced differently - I find this subject fascinating :)