• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

For some reason after tripping, it has also make me less afraid of standing up for myself and even fighting.

After tripping, any sort of "closed-minded" remarks or things that are illogical in EVERY sense just make me want to speak my mind to that person.

The only bad thing about having tripped so much, analysed the world and my own conciousness, my life ect is that you can't look at people who've never tripped/smoked weed the same.

They simply are just up-tight, worried about shit in the future. People like that think the best fun is being drunk at a party.

THe problem with alcohol is...alcohol runs the party.

LSD and weed leave you with your own mind, but with a different perspective.

Alcohol forces you to take risks and be more aggressive and close minded.(for alot of people)

To put it quite simply.. No.

Ever since I was a little boy, I always thought outside the box, always went against the grain. Then I tried LSD and mushrooms a bunch when I was about 14-15, and I must say, it really didn't do much to change my views or anything, just made them even more concrete.

Even today, when I use psychedelics more or less as a tool, I tend to always come out unchanged. I guess you can only wonder the same questions so many times, without getting answers, that there's nothing you can do.

Although that's why I'm trying to push it. I'm basically a really negative person, I have no outlook for the future. I see it that when you die, that's the end of it, so I don't feel the need to strive for much in this life, when in the end, it's all pretty pointless.

But I'm trying to use psychedelics to maybe change that a bit, to give me some spirituality, or something to "live" for. I need that ground shattering ego death experience to come out with a new perspective on life.

thugg said:
...I see it that when you die, that's the end of it...

Aah, but get the dosage right and psychedelics show you that this is not true. You've been here before and you'll be here again. It never stops.

tobala said:
Aah, but get the dosage right and psychedelics show you that this is not true.

Well, that's why I stated I'm trying to do.

tobala said:
You've been here before and you'll be here again. It never stops.

And that i'm not so sure about. I believe it to be true in a sense that what my body is made of, will return to the earth, and in time return space as dust, but I don't think "I", will go on.

But then again, like I said, maybe one of these times psychedelics will finally show me something I need to see...

Its almost a subconcious change for me. I tripped 5 tabs friday night, fucking crazy night. I am sure I feel a little different. Cannot really point my finger on it, it was a slightly confusing trip. There is definately a lasting afterglow though.

Yes....acid has led me to believe that there is more to this existance than just what we see and perceive in the normal state of being. Not a higher power but the idea that there is more out there that we can not pick up on without psychedellic drugs or maybe meditation. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what i mean and then almost impossible to put it into words.

Acid is one hellofa drug.:)

thugg said:
Well, that's why I stated I'm trying to do.

And that i'm not so sure about. I believe it to be true in a sense that what my body is made of, will return to the earth, and in time return space as dust, but I don't think "I", will go on.

But then again, like I said, maybe one of these times psychedelics will finally show me something I need to see...

I agree with you there. I believe that after death, LIFE turns into LFE. The thing we know as ourself(s) does not make the transition. In life it's difficult when you loose stuff (like money, cars, jobs, wives), but in the end you have to let go of you. Hard stuff, and we're liable to fantasize a milllion different interesting plausible dreams to work around the point of giving ones self over to the void that waits, yawning, for everything born. You couldn't ask any god imaginable for more beauty than that: finite consciousness. Don't take anything for granted. Live like you are alive. Please.

Has ketamine changed you?

Hello,

I was looking at the topic "Has LSD changed you?", and I wondered what were the long term effects of ketamine on users.

Myself, I have to say that K made me a little bit paranoid. Every time I've got a hard time, I was thinking that someone was testing me, seeing how I can handle the situation.

You, did ketamine changed you?

Ketamine (which I used regularly but never to the point of addiction or really high doses) is probably the single drug (and one of the most powerful forces in the world) that has caused me nothing but positive change. I consider it truly sacred.

If I had 3 things to take with me to a deserted island, Ketamine would be one of them, even if it is a single dose :).

lol thanks
now ill be hellbent on getting ketamine into my hands

BreakingSet said:
I agree with you there. I believe that after death, LIFE turns into LFE. The thing we know as ourself(s) does not make the transition. In life it's difficult when you loose stuff (like money, cars, jobs, wives), but in the end you have to let go of you. Hard stuff, and we're liable to fantasize a milllion different interesting plausible dreams to work around the point of giving ones self over to the void that waits, yawning, for everything born. You couldn't ask any god imaginable for more beauty than that: finite consciousness. Don't take anything for granted. Live like you are alive. Please.

I just wanted to say I really like the way you summed it all up. I don't believe this consciousness I have will go on forever, and I really hope it doesn't actually (some people like the idea of immortality, I do not).

But I also bolded something that I think EVERYONE should read. As far as I'm concerned, you've only got one chance, so please don't fuck it up.

thugg said:
I just wanted to say I really like the way you summed it all up. I don't believe this consciousness I have will go on forever, and I really hope it doesn't actually (some people like the idea of immortality, I do not).

But I also bolded something that I think EVERYONE should read. As far as I'm concerned, you've only got one chance, so please don't fuck it up.

Well now that we're all in the land of pure speculation, you're probably right when you say that the "consciousness I have" won't go on forever. But pure consciousness will, however that's envisioned: the collective consciousness, the universal consciousness, whatever it is (some call it God because they need an icon to represent its very strangeness) that gave us all a singular consciousness.

I believe that when we die, or have our egos shattered by psychedelics, we revert back to the collective. With death, when Breaking Set said "I" doesn't make the transition, I agree. The "I" is gone, but becomes a new "I" that has no memory of the old "I." Memory doesn't survive the transition, but the consciousness is eternal.

And I'm not entirely happy with this scenario, in that I'm not expressly interested in immortality. I think I agree with thugg in that it would be easier to get life over with and go to sleep. I like sleeping, it's very relaxing, unlike my waking life. :\

So yes, LSD has changed me. Into a psychobabbling idiot.

getting holy on k is quite an experience...feeling like you`re inside of a dream world literally is uncomparable to anything else....i must say it causes from time to time large personal revelations feeling of elevating and absolute thwatkdness

LSD allowed me to see certain character flaws in myself (although it was terrifying)... that I wouldn't have paid attention to previously...

It has also helped me several times with my work, with ideas, concepts and the like.

I had to speak to a client of mine whilst tripping... it started off very negatively, but was turned around into a great deal; I solved a problem I'd been pondering for weeks that very night on 3 Vetruvian man blotters

SteeleyJ said:
Not a higher power but the idea that there is more out there that we can not pick up on without psychedellic drugs or maybe meditation. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what i mean and then almost impossible to put it into words.

Only maybe meditiation? I see drugs as a way to cheat, get a sneaky preview of the other side... to properly control your self in these places i think meditation is the key.

lsd definetly changed my views and I am more open minded now and tolerant of others. It also fucked me up permantly now. Im not trying to bash lsd at all...If I could still take it I would. I had a very bad trip about 6 years ago and ever since then I cant take any psycadelics or I go right back to that bad trip. It also happens when I try to smoke weed for some reason. Keep in mind before this I had tripped hundreds or times and smoked every day. Now the only drugs I can take is opiates, e, and uppers. I get some anxiety sometimes for no reason but who knows if this was from the bad trip?? If I could still dose I would though.

Has LSD changed me? No.

Have psychedelics changed me? Absolutely.

However, I've tripped hundreds of times by now, and there are exactly 4 of them that are responsible for all the change. Or rather, I am responsible for the change but those 4 experiences are the catalysts. Unfortunately, none of those 4 experiences was with LSD. Perhaps someday - I certainly think it has the power.

Psychedelics have shown me how to understand my weaknesses, accept them, and move past them. They have shown me how to be tolerant of differences. They have shown me how to be completely comfortable with myself. They have shown me how to be a better person to those I love. They have shown me solidly my place in the universe and changed my hopeless atheistic outlook into what most would call pantheism. Psychedelics showed me how to stop lying to myself (most of the time), something that people do to a shocking extent.

Would I have arrived at this same place without them? Who knows? But psychedelics most definitely helped to show me the way here.

LSD has made me a HUGE social deviant. thats good and bad at the same time, but ultimately nothing matters.

so yeah, LSD most of all has made me apathetic to MY/OUR social responsibilities. I mean I dose at work on a regular basis, if I didnt, Id be touring.

more accepting of everything - what could be more humbling (in a positive way) than the unspeakable experience of a K-hole?