• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'How have Psychedelics changed You' Thread

Ketamine is not as a powerful agent of change as acid.

I have taken ketamine about 300 x compare to acid. However, the little times I have taken acid, I have noticed greater changes with acid than K.

I have noticed with K; short term memory lost and greater incidents of synchronicity

Ketamine is amazing. I can't say that it's changed me nearly as much as a couple of the classic serotonergic psychedelics have (especially not as much as mushrooms), but it has most certainly dramatically altered my worldview forever. Ketamine's power is almost unbelievable. I've still only used it a few times to "hole", though, because before I go under I'm always nervous and hell at the prospect of what's sure to be one of the most intense and alien experiences of my life.

The most important thing ketamine has helped me with is to get over the fear of death. Other psychedelics played a very big part in this, too, but none of it was so personal or in-my-face as ketamine.

Xorkoth said:
The most important thing ketamine has helped me with is to get over the fear of death. Other psychedelics played a very big part in this, too, but none of it was so personal or in-my-face as ketamine.

Blessed be thy heart!

every experence i have changes me. whether it be drug induced or not. so yes ketamine has changed me.

Jamshyd said:
Ketamine (which I used regularly but never to the point of addiction or really high doses) is probably the single drug (and one of the most powerful forces in the world) that has caused me nothing but positive change. I consider it truly sacred.

+1

I find it truly spiritual. It's helped enable me to get out my rabbit hole and have a play in the grass while having a good long look at the world. Nothing comes close in my book!

Yes, I used to be a frog until ketamine turned me into a handsome prince!

The most important thing ketamine has helped me with is to get over the fear of death.

This seems to be the one thing unique to ketamine among commonly used drugs. 5HT hallucinogens can help you come to terms with what happens after you die, but ketamine helps with fear about the actual process of dying (very different to questions about when you are dead). I've had a NDE at the age of 13 and ketamine is the only drug that's come close to reproducing that event

The capability of a drug to act as a catalyst for change is based on a number factors. Ketamine and DXM (early in the game, not anymore) both gave me the highest feeling of bliss I've ever experienced. I always have a feeling on the days after that I can just live and be content... I am always worry free. I almost enjoy the afterglow of these drugs as much as I do the actual effects.

^Incorrect. Acid is great for some people, but not all of us learn from it. I personally come out of the disocciative head space with a shamble of correlating memories that I had never put together before... I usually end up in a beautiful realm of nostalgia and euphoria. I come out of the experience with a feeling of "Woooow, no way that just happened"....

Acid on the other hand, gives me an analytical edge and turns me into quite the comedian. I don't learn anything on acid, it just puts me in a cartoon world. That does not mean that acid will not be a powerful teacher tool for other people though, it just means that with my psych, it does little in terms of changing me afterwards.

Be careful before you use such statements as "This substance is better at doing this than this substance", especially when discussing entheogens. It is rather a spit in the face for somebody to tell me that acid has taught me more then Ketamine.

Last edited:
Being, put in "realm of nostalgia and euphoria", does not= learning something.

What has ketamine taught you? I'm sure it has taught you and some people a lot of things(for example, dealing with death, which I have experienced first hand).

However, I think it safe to say acid has a greater frequency in changing people's behaviour/ thought pattern than ketamine. One only needs to look to the effects of acid and ketamine to understand such a notion.

^Read my post a couple above my last and you will get your answer to what I have learned from ketamine. It has taught me that my memories are precious and that I should try to learn from them and seek the beauty in them rather than try to hide from them. I had a horrible heart break (a girl whom I loved deeply did me over right well after years of love, turned out to be somebody she wasn't, and it was hard on me)... all my memories with her I wanted erased because it brought so much pain thinking about it. I took ketamine one night and was reliving some of our most beautiful times together and I realized that I still had a good time with her and that the girl I loved was in my head, but the memories were real, and that I should look back on them as good times rather than try to forget a part of my past, and thusly, a part of myself.

I will give you that acid probably has a far greater frequency for causing change, but you cannot simply make a blanket, every-case statement from it. As I said, the psych of those going through the experience will have a lot to do with how the substance effects them both in the present and the future.

*Note: After reading your statement again, it could be taken as not an every-case statement but just in general, so I apologize.

Last edited:
Yes, well, every drug effects people differently.

But I think acid giving people the "analytical pen” as I like to call is what makes it unique.

Although, I would agree that the K-hole is a powerful experience. But I think the k-hole experience is too "otherworldly" to learn from it. But I guess everybody is different. You are right in that.

No. I've IM'd it from 25mgs to 150mgs, with two different brands, trying to land in that magical hole everyones always raving about (with imaginings of past lives, obes, entities, etc.). I've had amazing experiences through the other two major "routes", namely phens/tryps and salvia, but nothing but interesting perspectives on Ketamine. In line with your paranoia observation, I am definitely more irritable the following day. Even DXM powder is more valuable to me, sometimes allowing a kind of lucid dream state. Wish I could get more from K than bizarre feelings and nausea. Oh well.

It has changed me by a LOT! I wouldn't say I have an addiction, but I have a pretty high tolerance, especially if I do it for a few days in a row. The amount of change over time has equalled that of the change I have had from normal hallucinogens (acid, mushrooms, RCs, etc). But that is only equal because I have done MUCH more K than I have other drugs.

^^Ketamine and discocciatives in general are very otherworldly but also very familiar. It goes well beyond words to describe, mostly because your ability to form words are rather mute while you are in a K-hole or DXM space (3rd+plateau). I wish I was able to better elaborate on the paradox I just mentioned, but it is just something you know when you experience it. :)

Ketamine has most definitely taught me more than LSD. But that may be because I haven't yet been able to get anywhere significant with acid. Mushrooms have been the most changing/instructive for me, and the most spiritual. 2C-T-2 helped me the second most only because it helped me to analyze the way my ego works on a very detailed manner, which let me understand how to stop being depressed. 2C-E and ketamine each taught me very different things (and the few exactly the same), but I'd say they taught/changed me (helped me to change myself to be most accurate) about equally. 4-AcO-DMT is also beginning to show itself to be quite a powerful tool. Ketamine initiated me into a form of consciousness that I couldn't have imagned before and has been very valuable in exploring physical death. It is definitely the most powerful and direct psychedelic I've used.

All of those chemicals are definitely above LSD in my mind. But I'm definitely not trying to dismiss it. I don't doubt its potential, so I hope one of these days I'll manage to have a strong acid trip.

Ketamine + Acid together will teach you more than either of them on their own imo.

That's only with small doses of K though.

small doses of K on top of 4-substituted tryptamines are amazing awareness raisers, too.

slippy sleeveen said:
...a beautiful realm of nostalgia and euphoria.

Superb description! :D

...and I totally agree with Ketamine removing the fear of death. Obviosuly I'm not to happy about the pain part of dying, but after that... who knows? ;)