• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

I plugged a little over 10mg of hydrocodone, finely ground. what a hassle.. I got the syringe in the anus like 2-3 inches I think. It felt like the liquid came out, most of it. I guess I felt it a little bit, but as far as hydro codone goes I would recommend against plugging it.

for 2C's what would the recommended % reduction of the dose be to be safe? Heck people snorted 2c-t-7 and dropped, plugging is also quite potent as you all say, better safe than sorry.

its usually half an oral dosage from what I gather (from personal experience and second hand reports) but some apparently are as much as a third of an oral dosage (2CD comes to mind).

I think a third your normal oral dosage (you should establish this first I think) is a safe place to start the first few times you plug a 2C, since the onset can be a little rocky and uncomfortable if you're not used to fast come-ups on psychedelics.

samadhi_smiles said:
its usually half an oral dosage from what I gather (from personal experience and second hand reports) but some apparently are as much as a third of an oral dosage (2CD comes to mind).

I think a third your normal oral dosage (you should establish this first I think) is a safe place to start the first few times you plug a 2C, since the onset can be a little rocky and uncomfortable if you're not used to fast come-ups on psychedelics.

sounds reasonable. ty.

Beings said:
for 2C's what would the recommended % reduction of the dose be to be safe? Heck people snorted 2c-t-7 and dropped, plugging is also quite potent as you all say, better safe than sorry.

For me it is about 2/3. i.e. take 10 mg rectal to achieve 15 mg oral.

Beings said:

I'm willing to bet rectal has the exact same risks as insufflation with 2C-T-7 ... and yes, that means the same risk of death. Drug Geek, that's very dangerous to suggest that oral admin is simply a 2/3 reduction in potency from rectal. There are many people who have done 45 mg oral, but 30 mg rectal could kill.

What people don't seem to understand here is that the nature of the trip is completely changed when you insufflate or use rectal admin. The peak level of the drug in your blood is what matters in terms of life threatening side effects ... and I can promise that the peak level is quite a bit higher than you are suggesting. Perhaps the overall trip is subjectively 50% stronger, but with the 2C-Xs, which seem to have efficient rectal absorption, the peak is likely in the range of 200%+ of what an oral dose would be.

... just a little harm reduction. Be careful!

Thanks for pointing that out Dodante. I did say "for me", but nevertheless, I didn't specify which substances, and that in itself was an important omission.

I meant that for 2c-t-2, 2c-i and 2c-e, within moderate dosage ranges, I have personally found a consistent reduction of dose to about 65% of oral in all three.

There is no over-reaction when it comes to harm reduction so I appreciate your comments.

Today will be my first attempt at this. I was planning to take ~13-16mg of 2C-T-2 oral, but I think I'll do ~6-8mg plugged.

2C-T-2 is one of the most practical and useful psychedelics I've tried, but I sometimes wish it felt a bit 'cleaner' physically, maybe plugging will help. I kind of enjoy the length, but I'll see how this works out in comparison.

I'll be interested to see how it goes for you E1, my experience on 14mg of 2CT7 was anything but clean and smooth - it was a VERY fast come up that had me shaking and trembling and vomiting and a bit of diarreah to boot-

I was peaking within 30 mins, felt first effects as quick as about 6-7 mins-

e1evene1even said:
Today will be my first attempt at this. I was planning to take ~13-16mg of 2C-T-2 oral, but I think I'll do ~6-8mg plugged.

2C-T-2 is one of the most practical and useful psychedelics I've tried, but I sometimes wish it felt a bit 'cleaner' physically, maybe plugging will help. I kind of enjoy the length, but I'll see how this works out in comparison.

Please let me know how that goes... I've been wondering the exact same thing, as I also love 2C-T-2 mentally but physically it's a bit nasty for a while. I find 2C-T-7 much smoother physically (much smoother) than orally (although the come-up becomes more intense for a bit, mentally).

For all the people who claim "20mg rectal equals 15mg oral" exactly how can you be sure of this? What if 5mg got soaked into a big peice of shit stuck to your rectum wall?

Unless you're having a professional enema before each dose I think it's largly hit and miss...

Ismene said:
For all the people who claim "20mg rectal equals 15mg oral" exactly how can you be sure of this? What if 5mg got soaked into a big peice of shit stuck to your rectum wall?

Unless you're having a professional enema before each dose I think it's largly hit and miss...
I agree I think it’s a very inaccurate way to dose. I’m sure people promote it for other personal reasons.
I am going to have to take a shower after posting in this thread…

Cut out the homophobic crap, dude. No need to bring ignorance into it. Rectal administration is an effective method of administration if you do it properly. Maybe not pleasant, but neither is snorting or a variety of other methods of administration.

If you feel dirty after simply reading about it, perhaps there's another reason for that.

willow_ said:
I agree I think it’s a very inaccurate way to dose. I’m sure people promote it for other personal reasons.
I am going to have to take a shower after posting in this thread…

The most amusing thing about posts like this is that the poster thinks he is revealing something about others, but in reality is only revealing something about himself.

Ismene said:

it is hit and miss indeed unless some sort of colonic irrigation is performed or atleast bowels emptied thoroughly. Though I wouldn't say professional enemas are mandatory.

Ismene said:

No, I have not found this to be the case at all. I give myself an enema before I plug (heck, I might have given enough by now to qualify as a "professional"), and I have found dose/response to be highly predictable. It's at least as predictable as oral administration, which, if you think about it, is subject to the same possible shortcomings.

I find oral dosing to be far more variable, although to be fair I don't fast very often before I trip. If you make sure you don't plug unless "conditions are right", then it's quite predictable.

Plugging is the best IMO. Lost of chemicals upset my stomach and make me puke up the dose so plugging is definitely the best bang for your buck. Works well with pretty much any drug.

I usually use a dose syringe and mix chemical x with whatever amount of water and shoot it up there. Once you get used to it the procedure doesn't bother you at all. I think plugging is a lot better for your body than other methods of administration especially if you are snorting or injecting chemicals that were crudely produced like black tar. Plugging works damn well for opiates too and you still get a nice rush of bliss when it all hits you at once.

plugging partially bypasses first-pass metabolism so it may be a dangerous route to take with non-pharmaceutical (ie NON-STERILE) drugs -

Also, as Dondante has pointed out, it exacerbates the peak plasma level (the same thing that gets you a rush with opiates) so that the negative effects (respiratory inhibiton, MAO inhibition, etc) are all increased, thus making it more dangerous-

take care-