• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Guide to Rectal Administration (Plugging)

That's very true... in fact it dramatically affects absorbtion. It's possible if you're "backed up" to have rectal administration not really work much at all. If you're a big opiate user, rectal administration might be hard to do right because you'll probably be constipated. Some people recommend giving yourself an enema before you use this method. I would say that if you've got disgestion problems that's maybe a good idea, but if your disgestive system is regular and everything's moving, just make sure you've emptied yourself beforehand.

If you do this, rectal absorbtion will produce a very fast come-up and a very smooth, relative bodyload-less effect. Even 2C-E and 2C-T-7 will begin to come up within minutes with this method.

Rectal is good for most drugs, but I'd like to note that certain ones don't work, eg gabapentin (it requires a transport enzyme found in the stomach) or DXM (a prodrug that requires liver metabolism). Be sure to look up the pharmacokinetics before you waste some of your drug.

I have used other prodrugs rectally (hydrocodone) to good effect, though.

My experience is that there really is not much burning sensation regarldess of the amoount of liquid used unless there is alcohol in the solution. I once did a mistake of using an alcohol based solution for rectal administration. Let's just say I won't be trying that again!

Alcohol solutions are okay to use, just try to keep it under 5% to avoid any sort of irritation.

a prodrug that requires liver metabolism

Doesn't a drug taken rectally still undergo liver metabolism tho? I think someone once hoped that taking DMT rectally (don't try it as it will burn a hole in your arse) would eliminate the need for an MAOI but it still goes by your liver so it wouldn't work.

actually rectal DMT works just fine without a MAOI.

Depending on the individual, quite a bit of the material will bypass first-pass metabolism, and go straight into the bloodstream into the brain (well through the heart, and all that).

I would caution the use of phens with rectal admin, especially if you are giving yourself an enema beforehand. Three experiences now have sat me on my ASS after administering, it hits VERY HARD with a clean downstairs. Don't be surprised if you projectile puke so hard your sphincter muscles hurt.

First pass liver metabolism is what I meant, eventually it may be metabolized/cleared by the liver, hence why hydrocodone still works well.

Some drugs which rely heavily on first pass metabolism won't be nearly as effective, though.

Does Salvia D work? Salvia tincture, for example? I know that it should be diluted otherwise the alcohol will burn your gut, but... Is it worth a try?

works good

I have tried this with several substances and found it works really good...I'm not amused by this way but a good old bic pen and a cellophane works well to plug a pill!

so plugging works alright with a whole roll correct?
(meaning it's not completely necessary to crush it up and mix with water)

^^ Probably not, but it would work better if you did. And make sure you've cleared your bowels first, too.

I was wondering if anyone had anymore information on plugging the DOx's? I know Xorkoth has tried it with DOC. Do you have any more information on that? Was it smoother on the body at all, and was the length affected?

I was mostly thinking of this because I'm acquiring some DOM and have heard of people vomiting or being nauseas and jittery. I'm wondering if rectal admin would help this at all? I get some nausea and body load with 2C-E, but it's much better for me rectally.

If no one has the answer, maybe I'll be able to tell you guys in a month or two!

Again I'd like to stress the following: Do not try to plug dextrometorphan. I plugged the hydrobromide salt once. No effect at all besides some intense burning sensation lasting about half an hour. It was hellish.
I had to chuckle when I read fb's statement about "evacuating feces". :D Nice choice of words! It's true though, I've administered various substances with more or less success. Sometimes the same substance would hit me a lot faster, almost instantly, other times it takes almost half an hour or even longer and the effects are less pronounces. I should probably remeber to evacuate my feces in the future.

Also it has been stated that oil/fat based lubricants are a bad choice since they might prevent the substances from penetrating through the colon into the bloodstream. With 1ml syringes, a little water is usually enough lubricant for me.

crOOk said:
Again I'd like to stress the following: Do not try to plug dextrometorphan. I plugged the hydrobromide salt once. No effect at all besides some intense burning sensation lasting about half an hour. It was hellish.

:D :D :D

Also it has been stated that oil/fat based lubricants are a bad choice since they might prevent the substances from penetrating through the colon into the bloodstream. With 1ml syringes, a little water is usually enough lubricant for me.

If you want to administer a water insoluble compound rectally, don't bother using oil or fat as absorbtion of lipids from the colon isn't too good unless they are in the form of an emulsion. The best way is to dissolve the substance in alcohol (most will dissolve in alcohol - yet to find one that will not) then add the alcoholic solution to that most wonderful natural emulsion, milk. The important thing here is to make sure that the volume of alcohol is no more than 5 percent the volume of the milk (absolute max 10 percent) or you'll get an intimate insight into what 'ring sting' is! I've used full fat milk to prepare cannabis (well hash oil) for rectal administration and it works very well

In general, anything that can be snorted, can be plugged. Also, in general, plugging has higher bioavailability than snorting, and is just as fast, correct?

When snorting pills, does adding water improve bioavailibility, or worsen it, or help it come on faster, or is only necessary for syringe techniques?

^I guess not, since plugging 5-MeO-DMT is weaker than snorting it (fb).

Is that true? Too bad. I had imagined plugged DMT would be good for breakthroughs.

Well how about in the case of a high water solubility drug, like most pharms?

lazydullard said:
In general, anything that can be snorted, can be plugged. Also, in general, plugging has higher bioavailability than snorting, and is just as fast, correct?

In general what you say is true. Thereb are some exceptions... I think the basic tryptamines (DMT, MET, etc) are weaker plugged than snorted for some reason. But for the most part plugging is equal to or stronger than snorting, and it does hit about as fcast, maybe slightly slower. But it reduces bodyload FAR more than snorting (which seems to increase bodyload) - hell, plugging has much less bodyload than oral dosing usually. It also cuts down the come-up time dramatically and makes you come down at the end faster with fewer aftereffects. But yet the peak effects of the drug seem to last about the same amount of time. So the total duration is lower but the duration of the good parts is about the same.

Dissolving the chemical you are plugging in water first definitely helps speed absorbtion, but is not really necessary. For pills you've crushed I would definitely mix them with water because the chunks left over might not absorb very well otherwise. For pure, fine powders (such as gray-market psychedelics), just putting the dose in a gel cap and putting it in there works just fine. Water makes it absorb a little faster but it's a pretty negligible difference and putting a gel cap in is easier than doing the whole syringe setup.

Overall, I great method of dosing that just requires getting over a little bit of social stigma.

Thanks for the information, I hope it's useful to other people as well.

My last question is: Do gelcaps get fully absorbed in the rectum? My concern is that the gelcap may not dissolve completely. I apologize for the graphic images, but this could lead to the dose "sitting" in you and then accidently getting released later on after a booster dose or something, putting you in danger of an OD.

Do both vegetable caps and animal caps dissolve well in the rectum? I soaked one of my gel caps (I forget which kind) in a cup of water and it was still mostly intact over an hour later. I got bored of the expirement after that. Granted that was at room tempature.

I haven't found this answer yet with the search engine, although if I do soon I'll remove or edit my post, or post the results after I conduct another gelcap expiriment.

Yes. Gelcaps do dissolve in the rectum. Make sure you have clean bowels before you plug anything (if you have to use an enema to get all the shit out, go for it). My friend only uses the big end of the gelcap (not the small/short end), so there is an open hole. When inserting, put your index finger over that hole on the end of the bigger part of the gelcap so as not to spill/lose any material. Stick the cap 2 knuckles in while remembering to cover that hole in the gelcap until it is fully "in".

So using only one part of the gelcap eliminates the worry for the cap not dissolving (because there's an open hole on one side and the compound can spill right out).