• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Flashback Thread

no worries Sprinklervibes you're not an emo kid...MDMA has done the same thing to me really. I used to never get choked up at sad shit on TV and in movies but now I do =/

Im not sure if these are flashbacks or not but I assume they are, It only lasts about a second or two and my mind feels a bit hazy and my vision seems to intensify colors. Then i get strong emotional feelings for a few moments. Not sure if that qualifies as a flashback of me just being a freak.

my flashbacks are somethin like this.. and they also trigger anxiety attacks...

- Uncontrolable movements (jaw clenching, tapping things with my hands, intentional yawning.. etc)

- Hands and sides of head behind my ears go numb.. don't know why.

- Panic feeling coming on and getting worse.. feeling scared that i'am about to lose my mind.

- Vision becomes very vivid and blurry, trails, things breathing and melting

- Eyeballs wiggling (sometimes)

- Feeling very heavy, and sometimes feeling very short, like a midget.

- Trouble breathing, paranoid of losing ability to breathe. (Which could be the reason to the intentional yawning??)

- Sudden panicy urge to get drunk.. so I can feel relaxed.

thats about it I guess.. it's been almost 2 years since I dropped any psychs. or E and I still deal with this shit once in a while. :/

Edit: A lot of people will say that this is just an anxiety attack... but what's with the visuals and the eyeball wiggles? and sometimes the visuals are just as intense as actually peaking
on a psych.

I don't really have any "flashbacks". I do sometimes find myself back in a more aware state, when I'm intensely contemplating the psychedelic mindstate. I also see residual hints of visuals sometimes for a day or two after a trip.

I mean, I feel that my baseline consciousness has changed tremendously from psychedelics, but I just don't have "flashbacks".

Tripped many hundreds of times...most on LSD, with a total of over 30 psychedelics used. Never had a flashback.

What would most of you guys attribute your flashbacks too, specificly what type of psych. More often is it Acid use, or Psilocybin use?

The first message by nofx sounds mostly like a blood pressure problem.
But I wouldn't really know, because I really have to try actively to induce a psychedelic flashback-sort of experience of any kind...

edit: addition;

A lot of people will say that this is just an anxiety attack

And I'm not sure if 'flashback' even deserves to have a noun of its own... but if it does, I think it should be something really surprising, as in "Whoa, I really, really didn't expect to feel like that without taking drugs!".

morninggloryseed said:
Tripped many hundreds of times...most on LSD, with a total of over 30 psychedelics used. Never had a flashback.
See, I think the whole "flashback" thing is over-exagerated.

Do I get vivid memories of psychedelic states? Yes.

Do I get actual flashbacks? only twice - and they were both from extremely difficult trips I had with Ecstasy that scarred me deeply. Yes, Ecstasy, not psychedelics, and yes - ugly experiences. I know, not typical.

You see, the term "flashback" is a psychological term. And in psychology, it is used to express a memory that triggers a cascade of reactions in the person as if it where really happening - I am talking about PTSD.

A sudden bang at a construction site might put a traumatized soldier in a state of panic and pain and even violence, because it brings out a flashback from the war.

I guess the bottom line here, is that my opinion is that REAL flashbacks are a form of PTSD due to very, very difficult experiences with drugs.

mountain said:
The first message by nofx sounds mostly like a blood pressure problem.
But I wouldn't really know, because I really have to try actively to induce a psychedelic flashback-sort of experience of any kind...

[

no, no im probably not describing it right its not much of a light headed feeling its more like a spaced out feeling liike you sometimes get while in the shower thinking about something and then snap out of it within a few seconds like a daydream but more feeling than a thought. i can feel it in my head like that south park episode where mr garrison head turned into a big baloon i dont kno if u recall.

Jamshyd said:
I guess the bottom line here, is that my opinion is that REAL flashbacks are a form of PTSD due to very, very difficult experiences with drugs.

Then I can sign up as one that has experienced a true flashback, actually two or three, all going back to one really nasty trip some time ago. I have yet to recovered from it, and I can not even start to explain how it affected me. It's just impossible.

The flashbacks brings back the entire state of mind during that trip, and also actual physical pain, that i felt during it.

Pink1966Floyd said:
What would most of you guys attribute your flashbacks too, specificly what type of psych. More often is it Acid use, or Psilocybin use?

A true 'flashback' is rare to non-existant. Much of what people call "flashbacks" are anxiety related, or often experienced in conjunction with cannabis use. My experience has almost always shown that flashbacks only happen to those who believe in them, and worry/obsess over it. I've never worried about it, nor experienced one...nor has anyone I have ever known. I certainly do not deny that people believe they are experiencing "flashbacks" because any major life event will result in strong memories, and they can be triggered by various things....hearing certain songs remind me of when my grandma died, or when I broke up with my first g/friend. I could easily call those events 'flashbacks.' I think it is much the same case with psychedelics.

I agree that most flashbacks are usually with cannabis use. I've talked to friends about how weed high is different after experiencing hallucinogens. It's almost like your imagination has been poked awake. When I'm alone or in the dark (or both) and have been smoking up, I usually catch glimpses of objects out of the corner of my eye. When I try and look at them directly, they vanish.

I don't know if those are regarded as flashbacks, though. They definitely did come along with experimenting with psychedelics.

morninggloryseed said:
A true 'flashback' is rare to non-existant. Much of what people call "flashbacks" are anxiety related, or often experienced in conjunction with cannabis use. My experience has almost always shown that flashbacks only happen to those who believe in them, and worry/obsess over it. I've never worried about it, nor experienced one...nor has anyone I have ever known.

Totally agree 100% with all of that. I am very sceptical about flashback stories..

For what it's worth, I have never had a flashback - but I have never used Cannabis. :)

morninggloryseed.. I wish I was you! then I can smoke some pot and go on some more acid trips with the boys without having to worry about losing it... i'm burnt out already and im only 20 :(

7zark7 said:
I have never used Cannabis. :)

Wow.

I agree, I think flashbacks are pure anxiety. Definitely marijuana-related. I can look in the mirror and de-focus my eyes and watch my face melt and twist. It's awesome, but also a bit scary.

I've also watched my laptop leave my desk and float into the air.

I've only gotten like 2 flashbacks but the feeling i get is: i get light headed and my breathing gets shallow and i feel like i have to tell myself to breathe, i get buzzing/weird noises in my head, and my depth perception gets messed up. I havent gotten visuals from a flashback like i would while tripping. I just get the same anxious feeling that i get when im coming up on shrooms or acid. I get the feeling for like 10 seconds and it goes away leaving me wondering what the hell just happened

First, i start to feel funny and light and then im more aware and i feel like im high on acid, (just the body feeling and buzz) usually i start to get pink lasers shooting everywhere and faint geometric patterns on walls.
I really dont understand the people who doubt the flashbacks, usually they are random, unexpected, and i am seeing and feeling the same things i have seen on previous acid trips WHILE SOBER, usually they last a couple minutes.

4 words:

post traumatic stress disorder

It can happen with any powerful life event and is a documented medical condition. It often happens to survivors of war. "Flashbacks" are not a property of acid, they're a result of the powerful or traumatic experience resulting from it, if you let it affect you deeply enough to scar you.