• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Flashback Thread

LSD Flashback info

(i'm sorry if there was already a thread about this, i didn't see one)
anyhoo
i was wondering what the relationship is between the number of times taking LSD, the strength of the dose, and the length/intensity of flashbacks.
can someone, off their first tab, get any sort of severe, long-term flashbacks?
i'm not terribly worried about this, but my friend seems to be. she tends to have a lower tolerance to tryptamines than most people.
any info would be appreciated

flashbacks are a symptom of post traumatic stress syndrome. They can be caused by any traumatic or overly intense experience. Basically, they are very strong memories that get re-lived, when triggered by certain stimuli.
They can be the result of any trip, your first or your hundredth, at any level. Of course, a higher dosage will increase the likelihood of having an overly intense or traumatic experience.
I'd suggest checking out these:
The Permanent Effect of Psychedelics
The Good Trip Guide
Also:
Erowid: LSD Vaults
Erowid: HPPD FAQ
In the future, I reccomend searching the FAQ forum, the archives, and at Erowid. There is a LOT of information out there.
Pure

i have schnacked quite a few times with incredible quants of beautiful L and have NEVER, NEVER suffered a flashback....
to be honest, i have a few hundy friends from dead tour and NONE of us have flashbacks...
i think it's all BS.. i do get that sort of pattern on the ceiling and that "filmy vision" sometimes at night, however...
later...

Originally posted by draen:
i have schnacked quite a few times with incredible quants of beautiful L and have NEVER, NEVER suffered a flashback....
to be honest, i have a few hundy friends from dead tour and NONE of us have flashbacks...
i think it's all BS.. i do get that sort of pattern on the ceiling and that "filmy vision" sometimes at night, however...
later...

You see patterns on the ceiling, but you think that flashbacks or HPPD are all BS? Call me crazy, but doesn't that sound a bit like personal denial?
Abnormal qEEGs and quantifiable symptomology are anything but BS. We should not overstate the percentages of people who actually do suffer long term ill effects from psychedelics, but by the same token we cannot just sweep a legitimate topic under the rug - that would be close minded and ethically reprehensible.
I suggest this site as well if you are interested in hearing from people who are actually dealing with negative effects due to psychedelic use:
http://www.stormloader.com/hppd/
Peace,
SG

Do a lot of people bullshit about having flashbacks or hppd? Sure. We all know the guy who has to have a cock-sizing contest about his drug use with everyone. "I've done so much acid man, it's like I'm always tripping" ... we've all heard that crap.
Does that mean that there isn't a small percentage of the population with adverse permanent effects from psychedelic use? No. But the quantifiable data, like the qEEG reports that SG mentioned, and the thousands of diagnosed cases of HPPD, and Post-traumatic Stress disorder caused by psychedelic experience say there is.
Here's my advice. Don't use often, don't get into an experience you aren't prepared for, and understand there IS a risk and be ready to accept it if it happens.
Pure

I get flashbacks sometimes but they're never really that bad.
Generally i just get some slight bubbling or warping patterns.
Tell her she shouldn't worry about flashbacks, if you can get acid then fucking eat it, god knows it's hard enough to find everywhere else.

Alright, first post ever, so here goes. I have done a ton of that stuff in my past. Not once have I had a flashback. ALTHOUGH, I would really like to personally I think, just because every experience I had with it was great and I haven't touched the stuff in years. Just my .02

in my opinion, the word "flashback" denotes in many peoples minds as a very strong and intense loss of reality, almost like a trip itself. basically it's what all those dumbass teachers adults told you would happen if you took lsd. i remember i was told i could be driving and hear a song that i heard when i was on lsd and have a flashback and lose control of my car and shit. flashbacks can happen but i've never had one after my frequent trips, and it's not what the word "flashback" means i'm sure.
p.p.

Flashback??

Two nights ago I was in my bed getting ready to go to sleep. I was about half asleep and all of a sudden I noticed that I was REALLY high, then, about 2 seconds later I opened my eyes and noticed I was hallucinating EXTREMELEY badly and my body felt like what it feels like when you're on LSD (That feeling of electricity flowing through your body). I was having visuals that were the exact same from my last LSD trip. I was also hearing things (like people screaming, my mom talking, etc.). During this whole ordeal I could not move and my body litterally felt like it was being put through an electric chair or something. This happened TWICE in the span of 10 minutes. Was this a flashback from my past LSD and mushroom trips or was this a case of some trippy ass sleep paralysis??

Btw, last time I tripped on acid was 7 days ago (it was my first time) and last time I tripped on shrooms was about a month ago (I've done shrooms 50+ times though)

8o

Were you completely paralyzed? Did you feel pressure on your chest? And were you frieghtened? If you felt all of these symptoms then it might have been as you suggested, sleep paralysis. But I'm no doctor.

I've noticed that for a week or so after tripping on acid if I get really baked I tend to get some pretty crazy visuals but my mind and body don't feel like I'm back on acid.
Were your eyes closed before this happened and did you open them suddenly? Was the room dark?
If you worry about getting flashbacks it servs to do nothing but up the chances that you will. I think it was the fact that you were baked and tired, but who knows for sure.

this is prolly wrong but maybe some of the old unused LSD "fell" into a receptor site real quick like....

Some of the old unused LSD? Why would the LSD be unused? LSD doesn't get stored in your spine. I think I read somewhere that there where hypothesis of LSD being already metabolized before you reach the peak of your trip.

According to the good Hoffman, it's metabolised by the liver ( I think ) pretty damn quickly. Fifteen minutes sticks in my head, but don't quote me on it.

phlapper said:
According to the good Hoffman, it's metabolised by the liver ( I think ) pretty damn quickly. Fifteen minutes sticks in my head, but don't quote me on it.

I'll second that, based on my recent reading of LSD: My Problem Child. Too lazy to post the link here 8) , but it's on hallucinogens.org I think.

but its possible that a few molecules get lodged in ur brain tissue..... right?

Unless it was around 20ug worth of molecules I doubt it would make a differance. And even if this amount was there and did trigger something it would probably be something as long as an actual trip.

Mushroom Flashbacks.. months after use

Hey i was just wondering if anyone that takes shrooms find themselves having flashbacks months later, or even small trips, body rushes? Any kind of reply would be a help!

Peace

I am coming up on 30 years, of various high dose experiences.
Never ever had i experienced, a so called flash back.

May be you may want not to worry about shuch things, otherwise they just may manifest in your life. your belifes are your reallities/dreams, after all!
happy trails