• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

So after trying 75µg, I went for approximately 110µg of ETH-LAD, with no tolerance. I didn't want to try the full 150 just yet because people on here said that it was intense. But 110 felt underwhelming, I wasn't too impressed with the headspace and I barely got any visuals (although I rarely do with psychedelics anyway). To be fair my set wasn't the best, but still. Next time I'm definitely trying 150µg, but if it's still in the same vein I'm giving up on this one.

So glad this got made - it really is worthwhile stuff - shame it seems to give somewhat of a bodyload and nausea with vomiting in high dose, but the head space and visuals are something really new. I wouldn’t say it’s better than LSD though - I mean this has some novelity which endears it but LSD is the gold standard; I think it still has greater depth but the ease and rational head spece of this will make some disagree. Certainly this and Al-LAD and no doubt Pro-lad make fine bedfellows.

So last night I got the opportunity to try ETH and I didn't enjoy it very much.

I took 225ug and I started to come up very nicely but about two hours in things started to get wierd. All my visual field was just melted and when I closed my eyes the visual activity was really dull in color like greens and pinks that you would see in the summer lined in some rainbow but they weren't very attractive colors and later in the night my CEVs were almost completely taken up by black white and grey. Also the fractals all had this off shape to them and weren't very complex.

I'm not sure why my experience went this way. It might be due to my last trip. I blacked out from a high dose and this trip brought some of the memories back from that trip and it was overwhelming and confusing and put my mood off.

Purge

Preface: my gf and I love(edit: live! but love works too) together an have over 200trips together and are very experienced with pretty much everything including some obscure RCs

So a while back I got the 150ug tabs.
My gf and I decided to both try out one tab. For me it was a great experience. Like others described , LSD lite, no real mindfuck, but very nice visuals.

My gf on the other hand had a great time on the come up, we went for a walk and it was nice.

When we got back to our apartment she started getting very hot. On regular old L I'm usually the one that gets hot and we joke about how the tables have turned and have a laugh. Then stomach discomfort hit her like a ton of bricks. The rest of her trip for her was spent purging out of both ends!!!! We were both tripping hard and I was expecting her lose her shit (no pun) but she kept saying she felt fine and just wanted to get whatever was in her out.

After about 3 hours of her staying very close to the toilet the purge was over. Her body was exhausted so we took some etiz and went to bed

The next day she told me it wasn't a bad trip and that she just felt like she really needed to get whatever was in her out. She also said if she was on regular L she wouldn't have been able to handle herself.

The whole time she was on the toilet we couldn't help but think I the random chem from the internet had done this to her but we came to the conclusion that eth lad was a catalyst for what was going on with her.

We did have one more venture since then and everything went smoothly. We each both took 150ug but split the dosage out about an hour just to make sure we wouldn't enter Borg territory again. This was at a JRAD show an the effects seemed rather mild during the show. When we got home the visuals took over.

Last edited:
My friends and I got our hands on a few 1P-ETH-LAD tabs. So far we have the most experience with 1P-LSD, our latest trips were at 200~250mcg. What dosage of 1P-ETH-LAD would be more or less similar in intensity? I know the experience itself will be of a different nature.

I haven't ye tried 1P-LSD or 1P-ETH-LAD, but I have tried ETH-LAD and LSD. I hope someone who has tried those two pipes in, but I'll give my opinion nonetheless, in case it's helpful.

From my experience and the anecdotes in here, it seems like ETH-LAD is a bit stronger than LSD, and I think we can presume that the 1P variants have the same relationship. I would guess that 200µg of 1P-ETH-LAD might be comparable to 250µg of 1P-LSD. But who knows! This is an educated guess and further experimentation is needed by the community to have a more solid answer to this.

YMMV, different metabolisms, sensitivities etc etc. Best bet is always to start lower and work up. Let us know what you find.

That was the plan, but I wouldn't want to start 'too low'. We can't get together that often to trip, so we'd like to get most out of the precious tripping days, but we also don't want to be too bold. One of us overdid it once, lesson learned :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I jumped in at 150µg with ETH-LAD because I was very confident about the chemical and myself, but that's not a recommended practice. If you're comfortable with lysergamides I bet 200µg is fine (but really strong) for most people. I got spanked at 300µg, so I tend to recommend caution. At this point I won't be going much past 200µg personally.

I'll chime in about ETH-LAD being powerful... with every other lysergamide I've tried, I need at least 300ug to get what I would consider a strong trip. I have enjoyable trips at lower than that but nothing immersive. Because of this, I took 300ug of ETH-LAD my one and only time trying it, and although I was fine (mentally it was not really even taxing), I was utterly blasted by visuals and sensory distortions to the point that I could barely see what was actually happening. Really strong stuff.

Thanks for the input! That gives us a bit of an idea :)
200 would probably be too much. Max I had in mind was 150mcg.

I think we can say that ETH-LAD is the most powerful psychedelic drug known. I can't think of one stronger anyways.

As a personal opinion on strength after one try I'd equate 200ug of eth-lad to something around 350ug of LSD. Obviously all of the effects aren't incredibly similar so this is just a subjective estimate.

Last edited:
I think we can say that ETH-LAD is the most powerful psychedelic drug known. I can't think of one stronger anyways.

I assume you mean most potent by weight? ;) Not to be nitpicky, but I don't like the word "powerful" as an objective description of psychedelics.... It might be a highly active substance, but activity doesn't necessarily equate to power. While it's true that many people seem to be blown away by the effects of ETH-LAD as well, I have also talked to many people who found it underwhelming or disappointing compared to LSD or AL-LAD.

That being said, I have made an official decision that this needs to be the year that I try these lysergamides while I still have the chance. How high has this one been taken so far, is 1000 mcg a good starting dose? =D No, but seriously... I'll probably start out pretty high. Every now and then I hear whispers of a bad body load becoming more prevalent at higher doses, does anyone have any idea around what point this usually starts consistently showing up?

And how would you describe the differences?
The ETH-LAD euphoria seems similar assuming about 50% to 75% more LSD dosage. ETH-LAD isn't pushy at all mentally at least at reasonable doses compared to LSD. Heightened emotions and attachment to perceived things as usual (everything seems magical somehow), but no forced thought patterns or loops. Visuals are markedly different from LSD in that I was almost completely missing the usual fractaling and overlaid patterns. Instead it seemed like pattern recognition was taking hold more strongly. Whenever I concentrated on something it tried to create a map of lines sort of to the surrounding points in my field of view, often in concentric circles or spirals. Color saturation was extremely high, but it tends to be that way with LSD too so I'm not too sure on the comparison there. It's interesting because the visuals seem a lot more subtle than LSD at first, but things shifting and blending gets really intricate. Synesthesia amounts were extremely high too but those tend to depend on set and setting too strongly to evaluate reasonably based on one experience with ETH-LAD. These are all personal subjective experiences so YMMV. I had this formatted a lot nicer but for some reason the forums won't accept me inserting line breaks. Sorry about that.

I assume you mean most potent by weight? ;) Not to be nitpicky, but I don't like the word "powerful" as an objective description of psychedelics.... It might be a highly active substance, but activity doesn't necessarily equate to power.

Yeah I just meant that it's the most potent psychedelic by weight afaik. "Powerful" is pretty loaded, subjective and endlessly debatable :)

It's pretty crazy to ponder how physically tiny a single dose of a chemical like this is, and how "powerful" an effect it has on the mind.

Got around to trying the Ethyl Lsd more so of an allergy/Microdose test, I took 40ug, definitely not a microdose, but enough to get a idea and to not skew tolerance too hard. I have experience microdosing standard L and 1P-Lsd.

Post 30 min subtle placebo effects may have been noted
+1hr very calm, quieted mind effects are noticed
+2 hrs in general was a very grounded feeling, content.

Wow what a difference from LSD noted already, you can really feel that methyl group being gone, none of the racy mind, speedy feeling, which I particularly don't like about L, but more so very calming in a sense. I can't wait to try a higher dose in the future.

So glad this got made - it really is worthwhile stuff - shame it seems to give somewhat of a bodyload and nausea with vomiting in high dose, but the head space and visuals are something really new. I wouldn’t say it’s better than LSD though - I mean this has some novelity which endears it but LSD is the gold standard; I think it still has greater depth but the ease and rational head spece of this will make some disagree. Certainly this and Al-LAD and no doubt Pro-lad make fine bedfellows.
Have you even tried pro lad sir ron? As far as i know this hasnt made anyrounds on the clearnet at least. Kinda got a feeling ill see it this year.

Anyone tried ETH on paxil treatment? Some psychedelics are dulled by the action of ssri's, Is ETH-LAD one of them? I only take a very tiny dose, 10 mg of paxil, half paroxetine pill.