• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Regarding visuals... I just can't figure out how to describe the differences, or if they are even different or if it's just different trips...

This is something very real, and I feel it is a general observation not only limited to visuals, I have found that every one of my trips is very different and unique, even with the same substances ... Still, I feel that some compounds have some patterns regarding visuals, for example AL-LAD for me always give very "Wide" visuals, like the patterns and symmetry axis occupy a large proportion of my field of view.

I don't recall if I said it before, but ETH-LAD reminds a bit of AL-LAD visually.

Did 150ug ETH-LAD and 50ug 1p-LSD today...and it didn't went extraordinary well, at T+2:30 ended-up taking 2mg alprazolam to "kill" it, which was probably bit overreaction 1mg would probably do the job and left something from the trip...(and now I still feel like zombie after 4 hours from taking it)
Seems like I can't handle higher doses of lysergamides very well at all, but I going to give ETH-LAD 150ug another chance, probably during spring at some nice place outside, that seems to me still could work well (and rest of my 1P stock will probably quietly rotten in freezer as I don't plan to touch it at all, I don't like that stuff..)

Hey qxx - maybe you should try a much smaller dose? 150ug eth-lad is pretty heavy duty, let alone adding the tab of 1p. You might enjoy smaller doses - I know I've never regretted taking a small dose.

I think mistake was 1P we are obviously not on good terms with each other :p
cca 100 ug ETH was really ok...so I still think 150ug worth a try in a couple of months

That's how I feel about Al-lad, it's not that great for me, so it's going to rot in my freezer, lol. Pretty interesting how different people have totally different experiences with these compounds. Definitely not one size fits all. Best thing anyone can do is sample for themselves, always start at a lower dose, and see if you and the compound are synergetic. Then find the sweet spot.

I found ETH-LAD to be much more "yielding" than LSD.

Sometimes, with LSD, i just had to stop and let the LSD what the LSD wanted to do. It suggested a course and direction, and for better or for worse, that's where i was going, the LSD had decided, and the decision was immutable. Strap in, make peace with it, and keep your guard up. It's hard to explain. I'm sure everyone who had LSD has experienced that taking control the LSD does. Sometimes it would go down a deeply analytical route that lead to me flipping through a biochemistry textbook and unraveling the deeper mysteries held in proteins and their configurations. Sometimes it would project an incredible spectacle on the wall, full of visual extravagant motifs. And sometimes it would heighten my senses to the point where i could hear and feel the noise a cellphone charger was making in another room. If that's what the LSD wanted to do, then that is what happened.

The ETH-LAD however is much more of a travel guide than someone who sits at the wheel. It points out things here and there, and if you decide to inquire further then it would be eager to show you. But if you didn't want to, then you could simply keep on moving along. Sometimes while under the influence, i did not feel any effects for a period of time. It almost completely dropped into the background, but it was there nonetheless. It never pushed me somewhere i didn't want to be. It takes a bit of practice to negotiate the terms and conditions with this inebriation. You have to sort of figure out how to talk to it. Hard to explain. I can see this compound leave someone novice completely unimpressed. There was always that sense that eventually i would come to the end of the road i was lead down, and there would be some conclusion at the end of it all, but it never got there. Much more functional as well. I took some of this while exploring a big metropolis, and it was incredibly exciting. I could hop on busses, interact with people, but still have that full blown experience happening at the same time, something i would never trust with LSD at all.

So, I gave this a go the other day. It was my first foray into psychedelics. I am a pretty big guy, so I took two 150 mg blotters. I ended up having a heightened sense of self, and I felt like things I was thinking about or noticing had greater significance to them, but I feel like the majority of the experience (the headspace, minor visuals, a deeper connection to the world spiritually) were missing. Music sounded pretty ok I guess. Anyways, from my understanding ETH LAD is supposed to be stronger than standard LSD. Is there any reason my experiences were so blunted? Is there something I should be doing to increase effectiveness?

I let it sit under my tongue for 20 minutes, then swallowed the blotter. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I'm a bigger guy too I guess, 6'1" 205 lbs, and 300ug rocked my world! Everyone's body chemistry is different.. Different sets and settings... Are you on any medications? Were you drinking? Food? You really did not give too much information. Hard to tell man.
Maybe someone sold you beat shit saying it was eth lad.

I'm a bigger guy too I guess, 6'1" 205 lbs, and 300ug rocked my world! Everyone's body chemistry is different.. Different sets and settings... Are you on any medications? Were you drinking? Food? You really did not give too much information. Hard to tell man.
Maybe someone sold you beat shit saying it was eth lad.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what else to give, information wise.

The vendor was a well known, reputable, international company. It's possible it was a bad batch, but I think unlikely. I had munched a few hours before, and was cooking food while I had the blotters under tongue. Does food mess anything up?

No drinking or anything like that, but I am on levothyroxin, thyroid medication for hypothyroidism.

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

If it's your first time with psychdelics, that might be why, imo. I say try again. I assume the blotters were the "official" ones with ETH-LAD printed on one side, and the molecule on the other. As Hawk-o said, everybodies internal body chemistry is different. I think that particularly the new LSD analogs have shown to vary wildly in effects. Not only from person to person, but also between sessions sometimes.

Also, I don't think that your physical size matters at all, when it comes to psychedelics like lysergamides.

am i the only one who gets a pretty strong body load from this substance? i'm starting to wonder if i did'nt really get ETH based on everyone else's experiences. to me this feels a lot like LSD except.. it almost forces the happiness. very euphoric almost mdma like in the mental aspect.

the odd part for me is that when i push the dose even if i take a full 150 at once the body load is very noticeable. the times ive pushed past 150 it was uncomfortable to the point of being overwhelming. it seems almost more like a club drug then a sit at home and find enlightenment chemical.

the vendor i used is pretty reputable and used discreet packaging and professional labeling. pretty similar to the others i've seen from them. so i'm confused if it's just the way my body reacts to this substance or what ;[. it would be amazing if i could reach the level that i want but the physical overload keeps me from pursuing it any further. i may try 1p or AL next time just to see if its this particular lysergemide!

usually i get the normal breathing walls, enhanced colors, melting patterns. if i have sex on it, it seems to increase the trip significantly and the visuals get better. but still they are more like geometric patterns with neon colors. not overtaking my vision but more noticeable.

the two times ive essentially "over" dosed i definitely hallucinated. once i was in the shower and i thought i saw and tasted blood on myself. luckily being an avid psychonaut i was able to take a hold of my senses.. jump out and towel off in front of the mirror and realize i was fine.

the other time neon geometric fractals overtook my vision completely before i passed out. i DO NOT ever recommend increasing dosage just to enhance visual activity. start at the normal dose and see what it does for you. everyone reacts differently as with any pyscho-active compound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I have just finished reading through this thread with much interest, and I just had a question for anyone who has experience with ETH-LAD.

Have you noticed a significant visionary aspect to this psychedelic? All throughout this thread I saw people talking about visuals, but it was always just colors, patterns, distortions, and so on. Now, I enjoy these kinds of things as much as the next person just in general, but I have to say that I think I would be pretty disappointed if I took a close analogue of LSD and those were the only kinds of visual effects I got.

LSD has all of those and so much more. When I trip hard on it I expect to see people, animals, and spirits more than I see patterns. I expect to see scenery changing around me like I'm wandering through a dream world. I expect my imagination to bleed into reality around me in ways that are deep and intellectual and not just overwhelming. In comparison to the level of simple visual effects as mentioned above, I honestly expect an LSD trip to be an almost entirely visionary experience.

Now, I prefer pretty high doses of LSD, so that may be a factor. But I don't think I could possibly think of ETH-LAD as really being that visual in comparison to LSD if it didn't seen to at least have this sort of potential. It seems that at least a few people have dosed relatively high on it by now... so I would have to imagine that that side of it may have made itself known to someone if it is indeed there.

So, what do you guys think? Are you getting these kinds of visionary effects from ETH-LAD and just not mentioning it much in the reports? If so I think they should really be included more; I'm much more interested in those kinds of things than just sensory visuals, though having both at once certainly doesn't hurt!

usually i get the normal breathing walls, enhanced colors, melting patterns. if i have sex on it, it seems to increase the trip significantly and the visuals get better. but still they are more like geometric patterns with neon colors. not overtaking my vision but more noticeable.

the two times ive essentially "over" dosed i definitely hallucinated. once i was in the shower and i thought i saw and tasted blood on myself. luckily being an avid psychonaut i was able to take a hold of my senses.. jump out and towel off in front of the mirror and realize i was fine.

the other time neon geometric fractals overtook my vision completely before i passed out. i DO NOT ever recommend increasing dosage just to enhance visual activity. start at the normal dose and see what it does for you. everyone reacts differently as with any pyscho-active compound.

Hi FATHOMZ and welcome to BL :)

While we can't speculate on whether you got the real thing or not, I will say that what you described doesn't sound at all outside the parameters of what I would expect from ETH-LAD.

The first time I dosed ETH-LAD (150µg) I had no body load whatsoever.
The second time I dosed ETH-LAD (300µg) I threw up, for the first time ever on a psychedelic.

So it can have a body load, and it seems like a lot of people are finding that the substance gets difficult at higher doses, moreso than LSD does.

The tabs are already dosed at a pretty whopping dose at 150µg, and because of LSD, we have the idea of being able to dose multiple tabs with a kind of levity. This is a mistake. Handle with care, this shit can blow your world apart.

Thanks for the response, this is just the kind of information I was looking for. :) It sounds like this one can get pretty deep in its own ways.... I really would like to experience it at least once one of these days.

Hi FATHOMZ and welcome to BL :)

While we can't speculate on whether you got the real thing or not, I will say that what you described doesn't sound at all outside the parameters of what I would expect from ETH-LAD.

The first time I dosed ETH-LAD (150µg) I had no body load whatsoever.
The second time I dosed ETH-LAD (300µg) I threw up, for the first time ever on a psychedelic.

So it can have a body load, and it seems like a lot of people are finding that the substance gets difficult at higher doses, moreso than LSD does.

The tabs are already dosed at a pretty whopping dose at 150µg, and because of LSD, we have the idea of being able to dose multiple tabs with a kind of levity. This is a mistake. Handle with care, this shit can blow your world apart.

perpetualdawn, I'm wondering, have you taken 300 mcg again since your first experience with it? The main reason I ask is because I have actually had experiences on LSD that were of a similar intensity to what you describe in your report that were not repeated by taking the same dose again, or even double the same dose. This is actually true of throwing up on LSD for me as well, which was also the first time I ever threw up on a psychedelic, despite never having even slight nausea on LSD ever before or since, and it was specifically during the onset of one of those very psychologically intense trips.

perpetualdawn, I'm wondering, have you taken 300 mcg again since your first experience with it? The main reason I ask is because I have actually had experiences on LSD that were of a similar intensity to what you describe in your report that were not repeated by taking the same dose again, or even double the same dose. This is actually true of throwing up on LSD for me as well, which was also the first time I ever threw up on a psychedelic, despite never having even slight nausea on LSD ever before or since, and it was specifically during the onset of one of those very psychologically intense trips.

No I've only taken it the two times. I think it will be a long time before I try 300µg again, I'd like to try these dosages first: 50µg 75µg 150µg (again) and 225µg (not necessarily in that order). I think it could be possible that it was just one of those random occurrences like you're suggesting, psychedelics really are so damn variable, even with consistent doses, in the same human of the exact same batch.

But judging from the overall responses to ETH-LAD from this thread, I'd say it's one to treat with a very healthy respect. It seems like people are pretty consistently rating it as a strong one.

For certain, I wouldn't take it lightly from what I've read. Well, I'm interested in what you'll have to say about those doses when you do. :) They really do vary quite a lot though. I used the same batch of LSD for a good while and I really never knew what to expect out of it. Any full dose can seemingly be as profound as any other under the right conditions.... One of my favorite things about it. :)

From experiences red, ETH-LAD is more potent than LSD and has a steeper dosage. So higher dosage gets less easier to handle than LSD.

No I've only taken it the two times. I think it will be a long time before I try 300µg again, I'd like to try these dosages first: 50µg 75µg 150µg (again) and 225µg (not necessarily in that order). I think it could be possible that it was just one of those random occurrences like you're suggesting, psychedelics really are so damn variable, even with consistent doses, in the same human of the exact same batch.

But judging from the overall responses to ETH-LAD from this thread, I'd say it's one to treat with a very healthy respect. It seems like people are pretty consistently rating it as a strong one.

speaking of dosage levels... i have tried "micro-doses" and gone to work. at around 35-40ug there was a barely noticeable change in perception. i was more aware so to speak and less lethargic throughout the day. for me there wasn't much cognitive reward although so i wouldn't continue to spend my research that way ;].

AL-LAD has become available to me at quite a discount and while i'm happy with ETH i will be trying AL on my next batch and see how that goes. i have yet to experience AL or 1P yet but i am definitely going to expand my research to all 3 so i will be able to compare at a later time.