• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

Yeah 12 hours is nowhere near the end of this drug so that's no surprise. it lasts nearly twice as long as LSD. I actually love the period between 10 and 20 hours, one of my favorite drug states. For me the stimulation is really comfortable and pleasant though.
Sounds like quite the commitment. I’m hoping the body load isn’t too prominent. Is there any supplements one could take to help alleviate vasoconstriction and other negative side effects? Perhaps l-arginine?

The last few trips (lsd, al-lad) I’ve had were a bit of a let down. For whatever reasons I don’t get those beautiful distinct visuals like I used to. Not sure if it’s because I’m getting older or what. Does anyone else encounter this issue?

L-arginine is good for vasoconstriction when taken a couple of hours beforehand and maybe halfway through, too. Honestly I like the body feeling a lot, it is strong though. Pre loading with phenibut is one of the best ways to shift whatever edginess might exist into a positive direction.

I think the duration range for DOC is pretty extreme. It's commonly said to be 12-24 hours, and that seems accurate.

I'm in the small minority that finds it only lasts for 12 hours at 2.5mg. Most people are in the middle somewhere.

I thought I would hate the stimulation from this one, but I honestly don't find it to be all that troublesome.

Vasoconstriction is a common side effect for it, but one that I seem not to get, fortunately

I’m thinking of starting with 3mg for my first doc trip. If one had to guess, how many tabs/mics of lsd or al-lad are equivalent to 3mg of doc?

I’m thinking of starting with 3mg for my first doc trip. If one had to guess, how many tabs/mics of lsd or al-lad are equivalent to 3mg of doc?
Hard to compare, but 100-150ish i would say.
However you cant compare straight off since the difference in duration etc.

Doc is challenging in different ways then LSD.
It has a less confusing headspace but requires inner calm to handle the length.

It can literally feel like a never ending day on doc.
This can be very blissful or quite trauamatic depending on set &setting.

I know how i like to have my doc trips.
But i would not like to find out on 3mg's my first time.

I dont remember what dose i started with, but i know i did less then 1mg .several Times.
Doc is very nice on lower doses.

Hard to compare, but 100-150ish i would say.
However you cant compare straight off since the difference in duration etc.

Doc is challenging in different ways then LSD.
It has a less confusing headspace but requires inner calm to handle the length.

It can literally feel like a never ending day on doc.
This can be very blissful or quite trauamatic depending on set &setting.

I know how i like to have my doc trips.
But i would not like to find out on 3mg's my first time.

I dont remember what dose i started with, but i know i did less then 1mg .several Times.
Doc is very nice on lower doses.
So you think 3mg is too much for a first time dose? 100-150 mics of lsd seems a little low, but as you said this compound is a unique beast with different qualities. Though my last trip (350 mics for lsd) the other month got really messy 5-6 hours into the experience. I was having a pleasant trip and within seconds the acid reared it’s ugly head like a snake. Everything descended into chaos as my senses were thrown into disorder and disorientation. Luckily I had etizolam and after 2-3mg my equilibrium was restored.

Perhaps I will do 2-2.5 mg at the max. I’m glad to hear the head space is clearer than traditional Psych’s. If trouble does indeed arise I have an arsenal of etizolam and lyrica. I love trying to new psychs and this one in particular has been of interest for quite some time. The only issue I have at the moment is finding enough time to begin this long journey.

Fron what I’ve gathered the come up can be rough and a little unpleasant. Is there anything I can do to lessen the discomfort of that phase? I don’t want to take too much etizolam as it might dull the rest of the trip. Perhaps some lyrica may be able to combat that uncomfortable stage. Or rather a very low dose of etiz at 0.25-0.5mg in conjunction with 300mg of lyrica?

Last edited:
The come up can produce some unpleasant physical limb energy but if I am doing something physical it feels good and there isn't any uncomfortable part. If I'm sitting around the house waiting for it, it will be unpleasant. My favorite way to do DOC is spend the day hiking or doing some other outdoor activity.

Pre-loading with phenibut works really well to make the whole thing more euphoric and smooth. Lyrica would do a similar thing, but probably even moreso.

3mg is not too much for first time usage IMO so long as you heed the advice to be active through the entire come-up. The first time I used DOC I thought that I could just channel the energy I'd been told about into art and music, and that I'd be fine being in my apartment. It turned out to be a totally false assumption, and would have been a terrible time had I not been able to easily get myself into nature to hike. As soon as I started moving, all the discomfort shifted into a beautiful and pleasurable aliveness in my body.

Yeah the last few times I’ve tripped I did so in a sedentary manner. I will make sure to keep it moving the first few hours or so. I have a tendency to wanna stay in safe place during my come ups to avoid being subjected uncomfortable situations.

3mg is not too much for first time usage IMO so long as you heed the advice to be active through the entire come-up. The first time I used DOC I thought that I could just channel the energy I'd been told about into art and music, and that I'd be fine being in my apartment. It turned out to be a totally false assumption, and would have been a terrible time had I not been able to easily get myself into nature to hike. As soon as I started moving, all the discomfort shifted into a beautiful and pleasurable aliveness in my body.
Yeah i agree, most of my doc trips have been around 2.5-3mg's.

Never felt the need to push it higher, its not something you want to risc taking to much of.

My last doc trip was quite weird, i was at a 2day psy mini festival.
I had taken my last dose of kratom on friday morning (been on a +1year 5-10g a Day Habit)

My plan was to trip ballz the whole weekend and ease out the wd's with loads of nitrous and ketamine.

On friday night i did about 200ug's of needlepoint and did loads of ket, gas and cannabis.
Then on saturday around 14 i took a pressed pellet that is supposed to be 3mg.

From previous exp ive noticed that lsd and doc doesnt have much cross tolerance.
I can det trip hard if i take them just a day apart.
Esp with high amounts of nitrous and ket in My system.

It was quite spectacular but also quite challenging..
I was def feeling some wd's from the kratom all day.
However the high amounts of druginess kept it under control.
But i had the sensation of balancing on a razorblade all day.
Like my pain receptors were confused and slowly getting more sensitive.

Time dilation became insane and the day just kept going and going...
The party was going in untill around 10am sunday...
So i had about 20hours of dark psytrance pumping through the 20kw system..

Luckily i love that shit and could just enjoy the drawn out experience..
I kept it fresh by all the drugs i mentioned, and during the night i also added small bumps of cocaine to the mix.(or whatever mix of shit they call coke nowadays)

I was a bit hesitant of how it would mix, but it was actually a great addition to THE cocktail.
However without the ket,gas, alcohol and weed Idk if i would have enjoyed the C.
It was a nice way to keep my mood up during the late hours.

Anyway after that weekend i doubt i will ever take more then 3mg's of doc.
The risc of getting overwhelmed by its combo of duration and physical pull doesnt seem very nice imo.
Also the fear of overdose could probably be traumatic af.

I would instead recomend it as a good base for polydrug megabinge...
Respecting its atributes and not so anything stupid though.
I would probably never mix it with longer acting stims or anything similar to mdma etc.
However the cocaine felt very nice with it.
(Dont really like cocaine othervice)

My next time i would like to add about 15-20mg of 4acodmt at about +10-14h into the trip.
When the peak is creeping down but you still are quite stimulated and have a long time left before sober.
I have a feeling that the sedating nature of 4aco will blend excellent with the more stimmy doc.

Regarding adding 4-AcO-DMT... one of the best trips of my entire life was when I added 30mg of 4-HO-MiPT to the tail end of a great DOC trip (8 to 10 hours in). It was absolute magic, a very impactful and colorful experience. I was at a Dark Star Orchestra show and had many insights into myself and my life which I still carry with me today.

tried it at 1.75mg just got really jittery ..... almost agitated.....feel i underdosed but had definite psychedelic effects yet subtle ......if I were to try again at say 2mg.....do you feel that when you get a "proper" dose some of the excess jitters wears away?

also will add in 1g phenibut next time...the nervous energy is not fun

side note: would DOM lack the jitters?

The first part of the trip, the come-up and early peak, has a lot of energy, and I feel unpleasant if I sit around, I have to be doing something. Favorite activity is hiking, but even just hanging out and talking to people is good, basically I need to move my body and have something to occupy my attention. it isn't the kind of psychedelic for laying down with your eyes closed and trying to go inward. it is a very outward-focused thing.

After about hour 8 or so, it levels off into a more comfortable plateau stage. But again, I find it comfortable the whole time, if I channel my energy into doing something.

Phenibut definitely helps with comfort too, it's a great combo with DOC.

tried it at 1.75mg just got really jittery ..... almost agitated.....feel i underdosed but had definite psychedelic effects yet subtle ......if I were to try again at say 2mg.....do you feel that when you get a "proper" dose some of the excess jitters wears away?

also will add in 1g phenibut next time...the nervous energy is not fun

side note: would DOM lack the jitters?
Move, go outside, walk, run, roll in the grass, whatever! The jitters won't go away and it's probably even more present with larger doses.
It's by being physically active and not thinking about the bodyload that you learn to work with it and eventually love it. It's not an indoor type of drug though, unless you're just very experienced with DOx, and even then, a couple of hours of physical activity does a world of good.

I believe that DOM would lack a lot of the jitters yes :) DOI & DOB should be even more stimulating however.

im working out my doses....tryin to see what would be appropriate for a festie....thinking this is going to be my go to for outdoor festies....i want the lowest dosage that brings me where i wanna be ....next time will try 2mg with 1g phenibut hour before.....definitly a brewski on hand lol....stuff packs a kick

any gamers.....check out scarlet nexus - def a video game that lends itself well to the psychedelic experience

Last edited:
good luck with your DOC experience! cool to see this substance around still. I found 4mg to be the perfect amount back in my days. good luck and stay safe friends

edit: i recall the body load to be kinda crappy for a bit. about the same with the 2c X

Last edited:
yeah im thinking i underdosed....left with nervous energy.....upping the dosage should get me "high" and maybe the restlessness will become more enjoyable ..... til next time

if not ill be tryin to find some DOM

Yeah you want to dose enough to get the full trip, if you only get light effects, there isn't enough to make it interesting.

oh and for all the doubters of proscaline....i dosed 60mg and had my first autonomous experience CEV ~ moreso slipping into a dream state rather than an aware controllable CEV.....( a CEV non the less ...just different lol )
...saw ganesh sitting ...his trunk was spiraling out towards me ...hypnotizing me.....but i heard a voice in my head say "get out its evil" lol and i opened my eyes.....higher dosages i can tell are going to have some banging visuals.

Last edited: