• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DMXE (3-me-2′-oxo-PCE, deoxymethoxetamine) Thread

DMXE is one of the best drugs ever, i dont wanna sound like im pushing someone to use but for me that stuff is like pure gold. Its almost as good as MXE, honestly they are so close i just adore both about the same and its been a decade since i had the later. Im honestly thinking about paying a ridiculous price to a domestic vendor just to have a gram stashed away for the future.

Thankfully im still able to get a ton of FXE really cheap so im gonna build a stockpile of that one at least. But i havent tried that yet, and if China started synthing DMXE in bulk i would buy the motherload.

Thanks for the information! Love you guys.

However I am not convinced, because there have been studies that have shown that even a few doses of ssri can alter one’s sexuality in a rather permanent way. Not a risk I’m willing to take, granted the plethora of other molecules on the market. Bummer I just bought 1.5 grams. That’ll teach me to read up on the pharmacology BEFORE buying, not after. I’ll hold it until I meet someone who knows it and wants it, I’ve never thrown away brand new drugs before! Makes me a little sad even. I once “lost” a couple tabs of nbome probably intentially, at least subconsciously, after a chaotic trip.

Are there other SRIs hidden in the world of RCs or even plain old Cs?
DMXE’s serotonergic activity is very minor, if existent.
I see zero risk to your sexuality with occasional usage of reasonable dosages.

Thanks for your replies. I will consider it but I remain wary. I will research more. I imagine I can keep it for a long time, and in the meantime I have no shortage of drugs to keep me busy. I only use 2 times a month and I have 7-8 other molecules to keep me busy right now so I’m not in desperate need of something new.

The more I hear about others experiences with DMXE the more I doubt what I received was not DMXE. I remember the first time I did it I plugged 25 mg and within 10-15 minutes I holed out and completely lost touch with reality. It was quite potent. Snorting 20mg provided a long lasting strong dissociated state. The only compound that matches these effects and doses seems to be O-PCE.

I found another source that offers both. Which substance should I go for, DMXE or O-PCE? They are the same price, so it appears I’d get a lot more mileage out of O-PCE.

They are both really great drugs, but if i had to choose id probably go with the DMXE im thinking. Your dosage range your talking about does sound pretty close to O-PCE but maybe your just sensitive. Do you have a built up tolerance to dissos? For me personally id wanna snort at least 80mgs of DMXE at first to get going, but i wouldnt be holing with that amount. But i have friends that tell me 40mgs is a full on powerful dissos trip.

Has anyone taken this with Wellbutrin or is there any reason to think that it wouldn't be safe?

I assume it'd be safe but I figured I'd ask.

Edit: Well I got my batch in today. As soon as I opened the container it smelled of a benzofuran. I snorted just a few mg and it hurt more than I remember DMXE hurting when snorted. I would try a higher dose just to be 100% sure, but I'm doing MDMA with my girlfriend in 1 week and I don't wanna screw that up. Does anybodyy feel a burn when they snort DMXE? This batch has a very quick sting and the pain goes away almost immediately. Either way I am disappointed. This is the 3rd time I've ordered DMXE. The first time was for sure 5-MAPB, the 2nd time was DMXE and this time I have my suspicions. I could be wrong and just paranoid after the 1st time. I did just check their list and the person in charge of the DMXE shouldnt have 5-MAPB in-house, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Edit: I think I'm just paranoid. Haven't tried it yet cuz I dont wanna mess up my roll in the off chance that it is 5-MAPB, but I think I remember this smell. Smells similar to MXPR.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken this with Wellbutrin or is there any reason to think that it wouldn't be safe?
I haven't, but I don't see why it wouldn't be safe given their very different MoAs.
Just start low with dosage, and be careful.

I haven't, but I don't see why it wouldn't be safe given their very different MoAs.
Just start low with dosage, and be careful.

Yeah, my main concern was with Bupropion inhibiting CYP2D6. I suppose all that would happen if DMXE was metabolized with that enzyme is that the DMXE would be stronger similar to when one takes DXM with Bupropion. I imagine the possible SRI effect of DMXE is leagues below DXM so I assume it'd be safe.

Pardon my paranoia and double post, I did indeed receive DMXE. DMXE does have a strong odor that reminds me of benzofurans, but they are not the same.

So I did a pretty decent amount of DMXE last night amd intend to do some MDMA tonight. I, myself find DMXE to have some serious legs. Is there any reason to believe that MDMA would be unsafe to tale about 20 hours after my last dose of DMXE?

I also took a little bit of O-PCE a little over 24 hours before my MDMA dose and on reddit I saw some people saying that it may have serotonergic activity and may be unsafe to mix with MDMA, while others have mixed it on the tail end of the MDMA experience. Does anyone have any input?

I don't foresee there being an issue with that much time in between.
Wait a night if you're worried.
Thats what I figured. We are going to wait multiple nights. I've been fighting a bad cold that I just got over last night and she's been struggling with some bad depression and is worried about the "suicide Tuesday" from the roll. So we are just gonna meet up tonight and enjoy each other's company and roll when we're both in a better spot for it.

I appreciate your input!

You should be fine. Not that I recommend it, but my friends and I used to LOVE combining MXE and MDMA. You only want to take about 1/3 of your normal dose of MDMA, but there is a great synergy. And DMXE, I believe is less serotonergic than MXE. I've never experienced any worrisome side effects, but that doesn't mean it's safe to so what me and my friends did.

Can I put my twopennethworth in? Well I will anyway.

It may be just one less oxygen than mxe, but that oxygen is vital, as far as I can see. There needs to be an atom with lone pair electrons on the 3 position. DMXE doesn't have such an atom on the 3 position. It'll be a dissociative, but not like mxe. Now fluoxetamine, I reckon it is the true replacement hope.

Now fluoxetamine, I reckon it is the true replacement hope.
I know I said previously that FXE is a winner and sort of like a hybrid between ketamine and MXE in terms of its effects, but I have to add that my last three experiments with it were lackluster and uncomfortable. Might just be me, but the more I try it the less I enjoy it and I find it doesn‘t resemble MXE all that much anymore. Seems that lone pairs and an electron donating group are vital in the 3 position, which makes me even more curious about your 3-ethoxy-2‘-oxo-PCE suggestion. EXE sounds a little weird but if the effects make up for it who cares. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Can I put my twopennethworth in? Well I will anyway.

It may be just one less oxygen than mxe, but that oxygen is vital, as far as I can see. There needs to be an atom with lone pair electrons on the 3 position. DMXE doesn't have such an atom on the 3 position. It'll be a dissociative, but not like mxe. Now fluoxetamine, I reckon it is the true replacement hope.

I wonder why it feels much closer to MXE than to ketamine or PCP derivatives, then.

I wonder why it feels much closer to MXE than to ketamine or PCP derivatives, then.
Because the effect the group and it's position on the ring alter binding affinities. Think how many different qualitative psychedelic experiences comes from simply altering the group at the 4 position in psychedelic amphetamines (I've had DOM, DOB, DOT, TMA-2 and they are different psychedelic experiences). You're seeing the same thing in altering the ring components (and to a lesser extent with the amine group). Ketamine has a 2-chloro group (and is N-methyl), MXE is 3-methoxy (and N-ethyl). DMXE is 3-methyl & N-ethyl, so it will be a bit similar, but the oxygen lone pairs altering the overall electronic configuration of the molecule. If the receptor has an amino acid that would attract the negative charge of the lone pair electrons, it would alter binding affinities. That applies to all the separate electronic charges on the atoms attached at various points around the ring.
FXE has a approximate same sized atom, it also has 3 lone pair groups of electrons. It will be slightly different to MXE, but the only other option is an ethoxy group. Looking at the 3 D structure of the amino acids of the receptor, you can take a guess at which will be similar affinities.

Pardon my paranoia and double post, I did indeed receive DMXE. DMXE does have a strong odor that reminds me of benzofurans, but they are not the same.
Benzaldehyde smells like hydrogen cyanide, but they definitely don't cause the same effect on the human body (although the smell and taste of marzipan is so horrible to me, that I wish fir a quick death!)