View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The Fifth Symphony

Status
Not open for further replies.
^recrystallize. Also, I saw a tek where the individual took syrupy goop and spread it out on a mirror really thin with a razor blade to let it dry out. That made it easier to work with and then recrystallize.

^ Thanks, I'll give that a shot. It's already in a big flat glass baking dish, and still goopy after 36 hours under a fan.

Also, does anyone know if putting the naphtha in the sun to evaporate (with or w/o fan) is a good idea? In other words, is the sunlight or heat thereof harmful to the DMT?

One more question: there is a black residue in the main globes of both my DMT pipes that will not be dissolved by soaking in either naphtha, isopropyl alcohol, or bleach. Is there a stronger solvent I can use to clean my pipes?

Or is the very presence of such a solvent-resistant residue evidence that I am smoking extremely impure product, and probably poisoning myself? I had a dream that this product was created with powdered MHRB, NaOH, naphtha and tap water.

Could the residue be impurities or minerals from the water, perhaps? Is using distilled water that essential?

Thanks! :)

Does ingestion of an MAOI before smoking DMT noticeably draw out the length of the experience, or does it just increase potency? What about an insufflated salt?

^Do you mean snrtng the DMT salt or MAOi? Taking a MAOi and smoking does indeed lengthen the effects....

^ Cool... I was referring to snorting perhaps DMT fumarate, which I've read is a good, stable salt.

Quick question... I tried DMT on monday (loved it btw) and every time I opened or closed my eyes, I expirienced what I can only describe as a kind of static shock going through my eye ball, it wasn't painful, just really strange. Anyone else had this effect?

Quick question... I tried DMT on monday (loved it btw) and every time I opened or closed my eyes, I expirienced what I can only describe as a kind of static shock going through my eye ball, it wasn't painful, just really strange. Anyone else had this effect?

Ive never experienced that but I could see where that may happen <3 if you could tell if your eyes were open or closed you were not QUITE immersed fully into the DMT landscape, but not being quite there is LOVELINESS too <3 Perhaps the shock you felt were the entities telling you to knock it off and choose one so as not to distract yourself from the wonderfulness that it was breathing upon you =D

There was so much going on with my eyes open or closed. I did manage to get a 3rd toke out of the bag, then I was presented with this female entity, a hybrid of an amazing morphing plant like creature and an octopus changing shape and colour... Trully beautiful expirience.

I would definitely avoid the sun.

Thanks, Shakti. That's what I thought. :)

I was telling one of my closest friends, who happens to be an M.D., about the intense experience I described on the previous page of this thread, which occurred after I smoked DMT after ingesting an MAOI (Syrian Rue). He became quite alarmed, and told me that this was potentially quite dangerous, as smoking DMT rather than taking it orally obviously does not subject the drug to first-pass metabolism, and thus the brain can be overwhelmed with tryptamine (actually, I always thought this was the point).

I assured my friend that not only had I done much research on DMT and its use (which I have), but that this was common practice among Bluelighters, many of whom are scientists, etc., or simply very knowledgeable about drugs, biochemistry, etc. He remained skeptical.

Can someone tell me which is right, and perhaps provide an explanation (in layman's terms; I am a simple country person) I can give to my friend for why ingesting an MAOI and then smoking DMT is safe (if, indeed, it is so)?

Thanks.

Perhaps it'd make more sense for the MD to attempt to explain to you why it is dangerous, and no, "overwhelming the brain" isn't adequate ;)

i suspect that stb pulls a lot of junk you wouldn't get with other extraction methods. often you hear of people archieving much more than the literature reports with stb. a friend gets snow white crystals with acid/base without recrystallisation like i've never seen after an stb extraction. fasa and acid/base are more sophisticated methods for having less impurities. maybe with decent recrystallisation you'd get a comparable yields with all three methods?

I've been doing STB recently with food grade NaOH and pulling with VM&P naptha 6 times with the last 4 being done after a 115 degree F water bath. Anyway, I always freeze precip instead of just evaporating and my dimitri comes out basically clear with around 1% yields everytime. If I do more pulls than that it will start to get whitish yellow and the small yields don't make the extra work worth it so I just stop at 6. I'm just saying that it is possible to get a good product from STB without recrystallisation.

Perhaps it'd make more sense for the MD to attempt to explain to you why it is dangerous, and no, "overwhelming the brain" isn't adequate ;)

Well, to answer your question seriously, I respect this person's opinion enough to keep drug discussion minimal, especially since he knows well my past experiences with certain chemicals that are, shall we say... um, "less enlightening" than DMT. ;)

But maybe someone does know.....?

how bad would it be to use drano crystals as a source of lye when doing a STB extraction.

The label only listed sodium hydroxide but i checked the msds and it apparantly also contains:
Aluminum
Sodium nitrate
Sodium chloride

these extra ingredients seem pretty benign, would having these present fuck up the reaction in any way? will they make into the naphtha and final dmt product? even if they do is that really bad? how bad? i mean according to wikipedia Sodium nitrate is found in leafy vegetables and Sodium chloride is table salt, so that only leaves aluminum which im pretty sure is in antacids and shit

i realise ill have to compensate by using more of it because its proably only about 50% sodium hydroxide but other than that are there any problems with doing this or should i just keep looking for lye?(keep in mind i already bough this cause the label only said sodium hydroxide)

how cool is it that you can go to this computer and type into it and know that somewhere people are reading about cool shit like dmt all over the fuckin place!

thats all..

when i broke through i experienced a similar effect to my face. felt like the entities were like electrocuting my face - felt similar to when they put an electric current through your muscle in physiotherepy etc

I once felt like the space insects were drilling a hole in my brain. Anyone ever experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.