• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

^ Burns like a son of a BITCH, however...

The most intense trip I've had in my life was a result of combining insufflated & smoked DMT freebase. It allows you to ingest more DMT than you normally could, because after you smoke a certain amount, you can't smoke any more due to simply being too high to work the lighter. LOL. Similarly, after you snort a certain amount, you can't snort any more because the nasal burn is too painful. But, if insufflated & smoked DMT join forces, um... wow... sends shivers down my spine just to think about how awesome that was.

So I'm expecting 200mg of DMT freebase tomorrow. I've never had the chance to try DMT and I'm very excited. I don't know if I'll try it yet tomorrow or not, maybe, we'll see.

But anyway, I want to read up plenty more on smoking techniques before I try it - I know what to expect from the experience, but the actual smoking techniques, devices etc, are mostly new to me. I'm aware it has to be vaporised, does it work well vaporising it off foil? I don't have a vape pipe like a meth pipe etc, and I don't really want to get one, so I'm looking at other methods of smoking it.

Currently I'm leaning towards sandwiching it between either weed, tobacco or green tea leaves, and smoking it either in my pipe or bong. How water soluble is DMT freebase? AKA will any be absorbed in the water if I use my bong? Since the bowl for my pipe is loose and I dont want to drop it mid-smoking, while the bong would be a lot easier.

My advice is smoke it out of the bong, layered between ash (you don't want other smoke getting in your hits). I've tried out of a pipe and it was hard to get hits big enough and fast enough to break through. Smoking out of a bong allows you to get giant hits that are necessary to break through, and it's totally easy/user friendly. Just remember to hold the lighter just oh-so-slightly away from the top layer of ash (although, if you layer it, you will still get good enough hits to break through if you directly light the ash, but you might degrade/waste some of the material).

You don't necessarily have to use ash, you can use weed too, but you will also get "high" while you are blasting off. And yes, don't use water in the bong you will lose some DMT to it.

DMT fumerate worked best for me in a lightbulb with a tutor or in a "shit pipe" like people use for vaporizing crystal meth with a lighter. It looks like a miniature auto light bulb with a long thin glass stem on it and has a hole in the bulb as a carb.

Concentrating the hits was the key.

They say it takes three hits to get it done.. but if you are good at concentrating your hits you can get it done in one or two.

Fasten your seatbelt..

The come up seriously felt like a rocket blast bursting through colors globules and then finally through a membrane into a dark space. Then the beings came into the picture... Another story on it's own.

One time I took four rips because I didn't feel anything happening after the third hit.
Went a little too far and had a dark double peak experience that I didn't get much from but some body shakes and a rough time rolling around on the floor fighting the trip.

Just take 2-3 hits and wait. Don't forget the wait part.

If you do it just right you'll feel it starting to happen when you're taking your second or third hit.

It's all in the concentration and density of the smoke.

I feel like if you use it from a bong that a lot of it seeps through the weed and gets lost.
I think you can conserve more substance using a DMT dedicated speed type pipe.
Also I got better highs when I consumed DMT alone vs DMT with weed.

DMT with weed I was getting chrysanthemums/fractals. DMT alone I was seeing aliens beings who were repairing my body, happy to see me come and sad to see me leave.

Quite a bit different than MXE.
MXE is like relaxing almost but will take you there if you let it.
DMT is like a rollercoatser ride through some twisted psychedelic dimension. More like Salvia or mushrooms than anything I've tried.

Last edited:
Just take 2-3 hits and wait. Don't forget the wait part.

If you do it just right you'll feel it starting to happen when you're taking your second or third hit.

It's all in the concentration and density of the smoke.

I feel like if you use it from a bong that a lot of it seeps through the weed and gets lost.
I think you can conserve more substance using a DMT dedicated speed type pipe.

Using a pipe may conserve your spice, but using a bong allows you to concentrate as big of a dose as you would like into one hit if you do it right. I find taking second and third hits to be pretty difficult when the first hit is already sending you away...1 hit method is what I prefer.

Yeah that's what I mean.
I have an easier time blasting off with one or two hits when I use the speed pipe.

It does different things for me when I combine it with weed too but I never tried it through a bong with ashes only. I'd be afraid I'd cough my brains out and enter the trip on a funny note.

With the speed pipe I can tell most easy if it is going to make me cough or to slow down or speed up my hit as far as concentration goes.

I'm not too big on heavy/fast come up substances. DMT is a little much for me to like or want to use regularly.

I remember when I was high though I didn't want it to end and it felt extremely good when I Came out of it and still felt like I was shrooming x 1000.

had sum straight orange goooooooeeeyyy dreamsters fuckin incredible but a friend of mine overdosed which doesnt seem to be common.....maybe the form of dmt was different?...but he started seeezing almost and foamed from the mouth and pissed himself.....that coined the term "deemster diapers" always birng a pair

^ That sounds like a seizure to me. Many drugs, psychedelics included, lower the seizure threshold, so if you're susceptible to seizures there's a significantly larger chance that you'll have one while on them. I'd advise your friend to tread carefully with any/all drugs in future.

Also, I failed with the sandwich method, had to take my dose in about 10 hits spaced 2-3 minutes apart so never really blasted off, just had a 30-40 minute light trip with some cool visuals. I had some sense of there being entities even with the "failed blast off" though - whirring sounds around my head and loud squeaks and pops throughout the room that felt like they were attached to some kind of presence. Intriguing.

Since I'm used to vaping cannabinoids off foil I figured this might be a better method for me to use, and so I made a bulb shape out of foil, connected it to a tube, and placed 5mg into it as a tester. I vaped it and sure enough I got some pretty nice visuals, so I'm going to attempt a full dose with this method later. Wish me luck so I don't waste yet more precious DMT! :)

use a g bong for best results !

pros: you will definitely break through
cons: it's even speedier of a take-off than the normal 3 hits out of a bong method

to combat the increased speed of the trip just drink an maoi tea before hand.

or try changa. but I'm no expert on that...

Also, I failed with the sandwich method, had to take my dose in about 10 hits spaced 2-3 minutes apart so never really blasted off,
See that's what I'm talking about, bro.
Get the spice in a spice only speed pipe and work on concentrating the hit.

I have put spice in a pipe with weed and many screens.
It just goes right through the weed and right through a ten stack of pipe screens!
It wastes easy. If it was in a bong you'd only be getting half the spice you thought you were and therefore should load double maybe.

I put it in the bulb or the speed pipe and you can't go wrong if you can light a lighter and suck.
You don't lose any down the hole and you don't have to take ten rips "looking" for the spice in the weed when it seeped down the hole already from the heat because it melts easy.

I'm an ex speed addict. I used to do a lot of speed when I was booted from my house as a punk teenager. I quit many years ago, but practice smoking speed from a bulb is extremely helpful when trying to regularly obtain liftoff on DMT crystals/freebase.

I broke through first time I took three rips off a light bulb. 50mg or less.

Last edited:
When you finally break through it's fawkin' amazing. Just beautiful and awe inspiring.
I've been trying to get the courage to go back but it's a hell of a ride.
I just don't think something that powerful is for me so much.
I'm sure it'll cross paths with me again some day though.

I drew pictures of the things I have seen on these trips... they were so vivid.
How I can come back drawing pictures of what I saw is amazing.
I felt amazing feelings too. I also had light siezures during the trips... or rather just light convulsions..
but I assumed this was normal with a breakthrough. I mean it's THAT life shattering of an event that it makes you shake like a leaf.

I suppose an overdose is somewhat different. Foaming at the lips and pissing yourself is not what happens to me. I do some pretty good amount of shaking though haha

Somebody who wasn't ready for what DMT could do might end up foamy and pissy but not really overdose. Hard to say there. lol

I'm going to attempt a full dose with this method later. Wish me luck so I don't waste yet more precious DMT! :)

Good Luck! If your capable you should write a trip report, i find people's experiences with DMT the most interesting to read.. i attempted to write down a couple of my break-through experience's, which i did successfully for my initial one but i dont think i'll ever truly be satisfied with the explanation, it's simply beyond my linguistical capabilities..

I mean it's THAT life shattering of an event that it makes you shake like a leaf.

Yeah, after my initial breakthrough and my fragmented sense of self slowly gravitated back towards my center i began to shake uncontrollably, people around thought i was cold but it was sunny morning in the forest.. i must of been shaking for a good 5 minutes afterwards, it really is a shock to the system.. and the energy released through such an experience would easily overload the central nervous system. In retrospect i probably looked like a trauma victim from the view of others.. eyes wide open, staring into nothingness, shaking and more or less unresponsive to external stimuli. I was simply paralyzed with awe at what just transpired, truth that shattered the very nature of logic into an eternal void.. that was almost 3 years ago now, at the time i had no idea just how powerfully awakening it would be for me in the time to follow.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you..

I remember what I wanted to say about my one solid DMT breakthrough...

When I did it right.. it all started off as a Van Gough painting.

It looked exactly like this..
http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/Painting/508/Starry-Night.html

Everything began to swirl like crazy

i dont think i'll ever truly be satisfied with the explanation, it's simply beyond my linguistical capabilities..
Yup

I could sit here and write about it all day though. lol
Books and books it would seem.