• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DMT Thread - The 6th Recursion

^ you could get a base pipe, it works pretty damn well for me and my friends.

^ you could get a base pipe, it works pretty damn well for me and my friends.

I may take a look and see if such a thing is available at the local head shop, but I can always get my hands on a bottle and a scrubber.

^ Looks pretty easy to make and use.

I've got a bias toward using glass though, thus I'm set on going out and buying a couple tiny bottles of booze tomorrow, and scrubbers.

If they've got gin in tiny bottles, I'm picking up grapefruit juice and making me a salty dog or two...

But before any of that, I'll check out the local head shop and see if they've got anything I could stuff some scrubber in. That's gonna be fun, seeing as how discussing the intended usage of certain glassware is prohibited in store.

I don't like the idea of plastic vapours, nevermind the melting and deforming. Call me paranoid. :p Might be right.

Either way, I forgot my valid ID so I stopped at the dollar store and found whatever glass bottles could possibly work. Vinegar bottle and oil/dressing bottle for their necks. The oil bottle even has sort of a wicker sheath which should prevent the burning of my fingers. :p

Update: Ended up gently smashing the bottom off (with gloves on) with a hammer and a screwdriver, and a good chunk of the corner came off too. Oh well. It'll still do what it's meant to do. Removed some of that wicker sheathing, pulled out the loose chunk, sanded down sharp edges, rinsed off glass powder, dried off water, and proceeded to tape around the broken end mostly to reinforce any small cracks.

Considering using a straw (got one I used for a slurpee), but may just suck on the taped down hole. Straw is probably smarter, and I can always change my mind if it doesn't work. Still need to do something with my scrubbers. Copper scrubbers, all I could find... They look a little flimsy. I guess I'll find out if they're coarse enough by burning the shit out of them.

And then all I have to do is wait for a good time, when nobody's around but me and I don't have to work that day.

Update again: realized I can use the top I popped off the bottle as the straw for the bottom. It was one of those oil dispensing bottles, so the straw is perfect. Sadly, my glass is tainted with added plastic but whatever. :p

Last edited:
As far as well functioning dmt pipes go..why not just make what they call "a machine" (don't know why)

Just buy a small (2oz.) bottle of hennessy's (cognac) ...it has a dimple in the bottem of the bottle that with a little care you can take a hammer and a nail and make a nice, neat little hole in the bottom of the bottle.

Then you just take a little bit of "chore-boy" scubber, burn the coating off it with a lighter, wad it up and stuff it into the neck of the bottle, a little way down into the neck to make room for the dmt.

Then drop your dmt onto the wad, and heat with a lighter around the neck to melt the dmt into the scrubber wad material stuffed into the neck...It's ez, takes about 2 minutes.

Then just suck through the hole in the bottom of the bottle while holding a lighter at the neck..drawing the flame through the wad and vaporizing the dmt. It takes a moment to get the dmt vaporizing, breath out once it starts to fill the bottle with thick, white vapor, then suck all that good white vapor into your lungs. Wa-la!

Those with experience find this the most certain-foolproof way to smoke dmt.

You can't go wrong!;)

Last edited:
As far as well functioning dmt pipes go..why not just make what they call "a machine" (don't know why)

... (text)...

Those with experience find this the most certain-foolproof way to smoke dmt.

You can't go wrong!;)

I believe you. :)

I just made one, and from what I read, a machine sounded like the most efficient, most effective, and most affordable option. The bottle I used this first time is bigger than 2 oz unfortunately, but I can always remember to bring valid ID next time I'm down the hill and buy some booze. :p I just hate the part where I smash out the bottom.

.Smashing out the bottom isn't that hard..maybe buy 2 bottles in case you goof the first one.

Just be zen-centered when you hit it!

Last edited:
If it doesn't, consider building "a machine".

Certainly. Even if it does work, I'll probably switch to a smaller bottle. But I'm afraid I must still break with tradition and get me some gin. :p Long as the bottle still works.

Okay, I finally got a day off work tomorrow (or shall I say today, since it's past midnight)... And in anticipation, I decided to see if I could at least get my little device working. Shortened the copper scrubber plug a little...

Sprinkled some DMT in, only meaning to melt it to the copper...

:p Couldn't seem to melt it without sucking on the straw... And then... I got that feeling I remember getting when I used to vaporize with a vapor genie. That warmth when you know it's working and you've just inhaled something.

I'll say right off the bat I had no intention of having a trip, so I didn't hold it in, and I didn't mean to inhale much at all.

So once I noticed "gee, well it works anyways" I put down my device, lay back, and felt my heart beating like it was gonna propel me to another universe by pumping really hard. :p

So yeah, I didn't get anything more than that really neat feeling I got from the pipe, but hey, I didn't actually try.

The DMT collects in the copper without getting out the bottom, all I really have to do is inhale and I get a funny tasting vapour. :)

Next time, when I'm ready (either tomorrow or whenever it feels right), I'll try in earnest and I'm sure I'll get more than a heart-pounding prelude to nothing.

Edit: By the way, I did pre-burn my copper. Was advertised as "pure copper" and seems to be untainted by burnable surface substances. Oh, and I also felt a scratchy tingly sensation in my throat. Not like it matters, as I didn't really go all into it.

Last edited:
I am so excited I will be trying dmt for the first time very soon. I have been dying to try it since I first started reading up on it 6-7 years ago. I should be in possesion of my 1/2 gram by tomoro or the next day. The hole on top of my oil burners is kinda small and it seems like it might be hard to pour the dmt in without spilling some. Should I just pour it through the mouth peice or would some of the power get stuck on the inside of the neck? When I smoke it do I just hover the flame above the opening and inhale slowly kinda like how you hit a vapor geine pipe for anybody that has used one of those?

I think I will just do 30mgs. I want to get a good feel for it but don't to trip too hard concidering it is my first time and I don't know exactly how I will react to it.

What's the shelf life of shredded MHRB?

I bought some a while ago I'd forgotten about. Will the alkaloids have degraded over time? It's not been powdered or anything. Kept in dark place, fluctuating temps. From quite cold, to really quite warm.

DMT- first time- how to smoke it? and other information- pleas educate

Im getting some DMT today (hopefully), I never thought I would ever have the chance to do DMT as ive been looking for it for ever, but it was NEVER around.

But now I can get it, I just want to know how to smoke it? can I smoke it in a weed pipe with weed, I know it has to be vaporized, so does that mean I can use aluminum foil and a straw to smoke it? or would I need a speed pipe?

Ill properly do 30mg to break through or 40mg. Also, what is the overdose- dose?

It's tricky to smoke. You might not get it the first time, or the the 10th time. I always take it orally. Could never take a big enough lungful to get anywhere smoking.

That's about all the advice I can offer I'm afraid. Good luck.

But now I can get it, I just want to know how to smoke it? can I smoke it in a weed pipe with weed, I know it has to be vaporized, so does that mean I can use aluminum foil and a straw to smoke it? or would I need a speed pipe?

Ill properly do 30mg to break through or 40mg. Also, what is the overdose- dose?

An oil/speed pipe (borosilicate glass with a bubble bowl on one end) works well but can be tricky. If you use one make sure that you are generating sufficient dense vapor before you hit it, as people frequently overestimate how much is vaporizing due to the thick opaque nature of the vapor and the fear of destroying the precious spice with overheating.

Don't use a foil and straw even if you are an experienced chaser. You need to get your full dose into you as quickly as possible.

If you have enough spice - the simplest and most reliable way IMO is to just put a big pile on top of a bowl of herb or ash in a handpipe - much more than your intended dose - and just hit it long and deep holding each toke for maybe 10 seconds. Don't worry about destroying the DMT with pyrolysis. If there's enough in the bowl you'll get plenty into you. Aim for three solid tokes in the space of a minute - but if you are lucky (and your brain is wired right) the first toke may be enough - but you won't know that your first times because you should just keep smoking until the pipe becomes meaningless or a minute has passed (in which case it's pointless to take more until after you've come down). In either case a growing body buzz (the "carrier wave") should be your first sign that you are on your way - make sure you are seated comfortably and won't fall over or destroy things as you will lose all awareness of your surroundings when you break through.

There is no "overdose" risk in the usual sense. You will either breakthrough or not. Risk to your lungs from how it was processed or to your heart from overuse is still being debated, but you will not really get any higher IME once you pass the breakthrough threshold and your reality is replaced in a completely immersive way. You may be outside of our world for anywhere from a few minutes to 20 minutes or so and will likely be 'high' for about 30 minutes altogether with another 30 minutes of afterglow.

Just be prepared to surrender to the spice completely and for your mind to be blown. Have fun.

Last edited:
Well I'm finally jumping on the DMT bandwagon. I have freebase and I plan to use my Magic Flight Launch box vape for it, presumably that should work fine?

^ I've never heard of anyone successfully using a Magic Flight Launch Box with DMT before. I'd be wary -- the DMT freebase will most likely melt and drip down through the screen and into the inside of the Launch Box, and I'm guessing the Launch Box is pretty difficult to clean. Do you have a standard glass pipe / bong? Just use that.

I just saw a post on nexus where someone managed to do it using a bit of paper towel across the screen. Apparently this works for hash to. I'll give it a go at some point over the next few days.

I have a launch box

I've tried vaping dmt in it.

If it's your first time doing dmt and you are intent on using a launch box I imagine you willl be disappointed.

My Arizer Xtreme vape is ace, a small glass pipe is great.

Launch Boxes aren't.

They ARE fucking great for weed though. :D

I've been saying this forever, but just put a little weed or ash in the bottom of a regular glass weed pipe, load DMT on top. It works almost as well as a GVG or the machine, and it requires zero effort.