• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Bromo-Dragonfly/DOB-Dragonfly Thread

I saw on another forum, someone said Ann Shulgin's top one or few psychedelics were some dragonfly's, something about a news conference? i dunno if thats true or not.

That link mentions 'FLY' and '2C-FLY' as having been assayed in a drug discrimination paradigm. Not having the cited study in hand, anyone know if those were found to substitute for LSD in trained rats (indicating it is psychedelic)?

It would be interesting as (I am assuming) 'fly' and 2C-fly' are the dihydrofuran analogues of 2,5-DMA and 2C-H respectively...which are either not very active (the former) or not even active at all (the latter). The difuran rings make them bulky enough to survive Mr MAO. It would be neat to try the 'fly' and 'dragonfly' analogues of things like 2C-F, 2C-O-2 (2C-MEM), TMPEA (2C-TMA), and others that are either not very active or not active at all to see if they then become active.

/me says he should have become a chemist!

Is 1-(8-bromobenzo[1,2-b;4,5-b']difuran-4-yl-2-aminopropane the same as "Bromo-Dragonfly"?

How many ugs. I need for a regular trip?

thanks!

Voltech: yes for your first question
For your second: we DON'T KNOW exactly yet, thatswhy this thread is here to discuss it. Just read it carefully (and start really lowdose) or wait until some people test it (and start lowdose as well :)
I will probably start with this material with 50µg but first I wait for some more reports.

PS: I wonder if something is still left by the end of this week. :D I doubt it will...

Ok, thanks Farabove.

Somebody ;) has told me that he can buy 1mg. of this stuff (I think he do the deal via Internet). Did you know if this stuff normaly comes in powder or liquid?

Thanks in advise!

MGS:

Quite a while ago, I got to try a dose of bromo-fly (the non-aromatic analogue of DOB), and it was at 500ug. At that dose got mild DOB like effects - the active full dose is somewhere around 800-1000ug; this effectively means that the flies are only marginally more potent than the 2,5-dimethoxy equivalents (about 2x the potency - makes 2C-B fly dose of 10mg seem about right). Making the furan rings aromatic drastically increases the potency - from people I've talked to who have tried bromo-dragonfly, they've said that a full active dose is about 200ug - so for a rule of thumb, it would appear that the dragonflies areabout 10x the potency of their dimethoxy counterparts

thanx f&B! Maybe I will raise up SWIMS dose to 100 or 150µg for the first time.

Voltech: strange question "normaly" depends on the lab or the further supplier. Since you will get only 1mg it will be dissolved in a liquid (Ethanol high probably) and in a vial of PP. But how it comes out of the lab is maybe in powder form or also in dissolved in liquid. Anyway...both forms exist.

The exact dosage of this material is going to depend on whether you have the R isomer or a racemic mixture.

SWIM is going to take doses of 100ug with him to the voov experience in Germany. He is going to find experienced psychonauts who have an interest in this substance and will report back to this forum when the event is over!
SWIM is also planning to combine 100ug with a dose of 110mg of mdma. He isn't sure though if that is such a good idea... What do you guys think? Does MDMA have that same constricting effect on the cardiovascular system as the DOx compounds? What could SWIM do in an emergency in order to dilate his vessels again? SWIM is quiet anxious about the whole thing and will have to think through it for a while...

crOOk

^^
What do you do when the MDMA wears off?

oompa2.jpg

Mmmm, you've got a point there bluedolphin... Any experience with that sort of stuff? Think I might feel bad. Thing is, I rarely do MDMA, twice in the last year.
You might be right though, it could be a bad idea. Maybe I should do the BDFL alone and consider dosing on the MDMA once it starts to wear off. I might dose myself with FMP and MDMA when that happens, it's supposed to be a great combo! And once that kicks in I can still go for some 2C-B or 2CT7 for my tripping needs. In case I have any needs left after the BDFL is done with me. :) I might just go for some ketamine or oium or whatever yummy stuff I can find on the voov.
Btw, I love that Willy Wonka flick, I own the DVD. I luv it.

crOOk

Does MDMA have that same constricting effect on the cardiovascular system as the DOx compounds?

As far as I've discovered DOB is the only DOx compound with vasoconstrictor properties. Until more people have reported back about effects/side effects of dragonfly compounds I don't think it's a good idea to be combining it with anything.

As gloggawogga pointed out, if you have the R isomer you should half the dose (ie 200ug of racaemic compound = 100ug of R isomer), although that might not be an identical experience - see some of Shulgin's reports comparing racaemate with optical isomers

My ten dollars says when that Bromo-Dragonfly is worn off the first thing on your mind will be "Sleep!" ... not "Let's eat some MDMA!"

=D

Well, reason I said you might not want to mix MDMA with Br-Dragonfly your first time with dragonfly is the same reason I'd not suggest candyflipping your first time with LSD. Except I imagine Br-Dragonfly will be a lot longer and probably not mix as well with MDMA as LSD.

And for the record the only time I've ever flipped out and really gone crazy (not in a good way at all) from too much drugs was LSD + MDMA.

I won't be among the first people to try bromo-dragonfly, but if I was I would start low (75ug) and not mix it with anything else.

Well I have to say that I'm interested in trying this sometime, but I really think that Bromo-Dragonfly could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. There are so many people out there that will try to make a buck off this and sell it as LSD. I can see the reports now..."dangerous form of LSD circulating." I think it is just a matter of time before someone ingests way too much of this stuff. Be safe and careful people!

I wouldn't mix it with anything until more is known about this new compound.

So few people have tried it. Who knows.... maybe 1 in 50 people have a real bad reaction to it. Maybe some people are super-sensitive to it.

Personally, when Br-DFLY crosses my path, I'll try it- at 50ug in a safe space, with no other drugs. And if I like it, I'll go higher.

Don't fancy being the first statistic or the "silly c**t who took too much of that weird new experimental drug and thought he could eat an aeroplane."

boywonder said:
Well I have to say that I'm interested in trying this sometime, but I really think that Bromo-Dragonfly could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. There are so many people out there that will try to make a buck off this and sell it as LSD. I can see the reports now..."dangerous form of LSD circulating." I think it is just a matter of time before someone ingests way too much of this stuff. Be safe and careful people!

Too right Boywonder,

I do think that all drugs should be available to those who can handle them BUT....

I also know for a fact that there is an organisation who have produced loads of Br-DFLY blotters (don't know what the logo on 'em is at this point) and while I think that blotters are a good medium for dosing potent drugs in and of themselves, there are people out there who, through ignorance or greed, will sell them as acid. People could get hurt and down the pan goes an entire new line of drugs.

It's partly our own irresponsibility that make drugs illegal in the first place and now's a good time to learn to enjoy them, but to respect them as well. When we can be responsible, we have just cause not to accept external governance.

Neo

Neo1
Your right!

I want to say;
The aura surrounding LSD blotters, these last 30+ years, has to change!
We have all taken more then one hit, and there's really no LD50 to be concerned about, with LSD.

Now that they're certain "chemicals" being placed onto blotters, nowadays. We have to tell everyone, we come across; in our daily lifes not to assume that Blotter always equals LSD, when you come across it nowadays.

It also comes down to folks; "assuming and being impatience", that attitude sends people to the ER!

Even if someone received something form a trusted internet supplier i.e. May think it's 2C-E but you got 5-meo-amt instead unbeknownst < has to dose very low just incase it was mislabeled.

I just wanted to put this out here; onto everyones conciseness. Maybe most BL'ers know to be careful; but there are newbees reading this too!
spread the word!
Cheers

Last edited:
SWIM is going to take doses of 100ug with him to the voov experience in Germany.

I strongly advise against doing that. People at a rave are not going to be prepared for a drug like this. They won't have researched it, and you don't know what adverse reactions people might have. With the effects coming on so slowly, and lasting 24 hours, people will think they didn't get enough and redose. We don't need another haight ashbury DOM disaster.

Listen to glog's advice. ANY trials with a new, unknown drug should be carried out in conditions that are easy to control, for the sake of the person taking the drug. This basically means a quiet room, but with access to music etc if wanted, where the temp is comfortable and there are going to ne no unexpected events that can spiral badly out of control. Being at a rave, with 100's of other people all intent on burning the candle at both ends is possibly the worst place to take a drug that is mostly unknown in nature/effects etc. If something goes wrong for the person under the influence, the situation can go from unpleasant to potentially life threatening so fast it'll make your head spin.

Example: The person has a panic attack, runs off and cannot be found by those who are looking after him/her. That has lots of potential bad outcomes. If it's something like a rare anaphylactic reaction, it can mean the difference between an embarrassing night in a hospital ward and an eternity in the hospital morgue

cr00k please think about these things you are saying. You're planning on dosing yourself and persons unknown with the most potent, longest-lasting psychedelic ever created (edit - it was correctly pointed out to me that ibogaine is longer-lasting). At a party. With other drugs. And wondering how many doses of this unknown and untested drug you should take.

Does this really sound rational to you?

I don't want you, or anyone else, to get hurt. And I don't want bromo-dragonfly to create its first fatalities at some mega-rave in Germany, get popularized, demonized, and criminalized because of someone's lack of common sense, either.

Your plan is really, really stupid. This isn't an attack - I'm not saying that you are. But really. It is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited: