• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Bromo-Dragonfly/DOB-Dragonfly Thread

any idea on the dose/intensity curve? like how much more potent 500ug (2-4 blotters, depending on blotter potency, and you know people will eat that much without a 2nd thought) would be compared to 250ug?

i think i might've had some of this stuff, because i've had "acid" that definately wasnt LSD, and felt more like a phenthylamine-type experience, with its euphoric body-buzz and carpet-esque visuals (in the way that 2cb visuals are sorta like a carpet on top of reality)

I wonder about that "sell-it-with-the-wrong-label-thing". And I am not sure if it really happens that often. Okay...people know Acid and not the most RCs, but a lot of people have also huge respect and don't eat acid like X or other drugs. Acid is (at least where I live) the worst selling product from all drugs. It is cheap and easily available, so there is no need to sell something as acid, because it is not the stuff people looking for.
If a drug is as good as the dragonflies are supposed to be, it will be sold as dragonfly. Only "cheap and drugs that suck" might be sold as something more "valuable" but not the already (expensive) valuable ones as other valuable ones. So I m not afraid of the bromo-flies and dragonflies coming in, cause I think they will mostlikely be sold as what they are. At least I would (at the moment) more likely wish to have them, not acid.

i think i might've had some of this stuff, because i've had "acid" that definately wasnt LSD, and felt more like a phenthylamine-type experience, with its euphoric body-buzz and carpet-esque visuals (in the way that 2cb visuals are sorta like a carpet on top of reality)

Due to it's very recent appearance, I'd say it's more likely that what you had was DOB or DOI, as you can get an active dose of them onto a blotter easily as well.

From what I can find, it seems that the dragonflies have a very similar toxicological profile to the DOx compounds, but due to their higher affinity for the receptor involved (5HT2a) are less toxic* . By this I mean that say 2mg of DOB and 2mg of bromo-dragonfly will have the same level of toxicity in the body, but 2mg of bromo-dragonfly will be anything up to 10x the trip strength.

If this does become a trend, I hope that the DOM analogue makes an appearance, as DOM is definitely the one of best of the whole DOx series

* - Because of the structure, it may turn out to be a bit iffy in the genetics dept. as I think the benzodifuran nucleus is the right shape/electronic configuration to interact with the DNA chain (not too bad, but acts as an intercalator - forms hydrogen bonds and sits inside the DNA chain)

Will post a bit more when I find out more

So you are saying that it may be a mutagen? Other mutagens include formaldehyde and cigarette smoke to name a few. The way you said that made it sound a bit freaky though. It put me off a bit to be honest.

Smyth said:
So you are saying that it may be a mutagen? Other mutagens include formaldehyde and cigarette smoke to name a few. The way you said that made it sound a bit freaky though. It put me off a bit to be honest.

Yeah, do elaborate on this, genotoxicity would seem like a pretty serious consequence...

Last edited:
Not a mutagen, just something that slows translation of DNA into mRNA. This tends to effect rapidly multiplying cells most (erythromycin is, I think, an example of the same sort of effect).

I'm just thinking out loud with this one - saw the structure of benzodifuran and a little bell went off in my head saying "looks a bit like some compound known to interact with DNA" (most of them are antibiotics)

i think i may have had a brdgnfly blotter recently. Hearts was the name of the print it was sold as, it was thick but tiny hits, too small to be 5-meo hits, they were bitter, but not terrible. And the trip was still slightly lingering at 24-30 hours later. I may be wrong, but ive done it on multiple occasions and have been amazed by the effects, but annoyed by duration

^^
Really... did you find that taking more hits increased the duration significantly, or were even smaller doses a 2 day ride?

I'm also curious how long it takes to kick in and what dose should expect to produce a light/medium/strong trip.

i got a very funky "bitter lemon" or artificial adrenaline type of flavor in the back of my mouth on DOB. I never had anything like this on LSD. And I tried LSD quite a few times when I was younger.

with one hit it lasts about 20-24 hours, with two, it was still lingering at 30 hours, it took about 3 hours before i even felt the slightest high, after hour two tho, there was some nasuea, but not anywhere near the nasuea reported with 5-meo AMT. at 5 hours i was tripping face.

Basically you're just talking about the same time frame as DOB, just that bromodragonfly requires a lower dose to get the full psychedelic effect

This all seems to be a lot of wild speculation so far.. a few people have had stuff that was on blotters that doesn't appear to be acid. I see no reason why it should be likely to be any kind of dragonfly, as opposed to DOx, alpha-O, or plain old LSD or whatever... yes, yes I'm sure you're going to say "but it was just so different to LSD". Set and setting, people. If there's one thing we could all learn more from Shulgin it's that drugs can give a wide variety of effects across and within subjects at different times.

I'm a little confused... FnB, can you clear this up for me?

In your article in ADD on the 'flys, you said that both the the saturated and fully aromatic furan rings were dragonflys (image attached). I thought the saturated version was the regular fly, and the aromatic was the dragonfly... or is the regular fly the one with just one furan ring?

Also, when people say "bromo-dragonfly", are we talking about the 2C or 3C version here (phenethylamine or amphetamine), and if the point above holds, are we talking about fully aromatic, half aromatic or fully saturated?

Is there a paper where Nichols talks about the nomenclature?

Attachments

• dragonfly.jpg
    dragonfly.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,191
its my understanding that the "dragon" part of it implies a methyl group at the alpha carbon. so you've got 2cb-fly for the difuran analogue of 2cb, and bromodragonfly for the difuran analogue of dob

edit - whoops, all i did at first was glance, i didnt even notice the double bonds, which arent present in 2cb-fly. time to start studying again!

Last edited:
i thought bromo-dragon fly was the fully aromatic [difurano]amphetamine adduct. ofcourse i migh be totally wrong

I thought that there could be DOB-fly as well as 2C-B-fly... and the dragon opart refered to the fully aromatic rings. That would seem more sensible, keeping the DOx and 2Cx for refering to the amp/PEA part.

Which is why I'm confused when FnB refers to the "dragonfly" and "fully aromatic dragonfly" in his paper...

^ At the time I wasn't aware that the 'fly' designation referred to the di-(2,3-dihydrofuran) compound and 'dragonfly' referred to the difuran (and I'm too lazy to go in and alter the nomenclatyre in that post!)

SWIM found bromo-dragonfly to be energetic, colorful, and long-lived. Though lacking in the narrative qualities of LSD or psilocin, the experience had a volitional character which SWIM found absolutely delightful.

Good stuff, I hear - and SWIM tends to be a snob about these things.

[Note: the identity of this material has not been verified.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i know i promised a few people a trip report on the subject, but i just don't think it's going to happen. I'll give a brief overview about it though. The dose was a single hit of blotter soaked in bromo dragonfly (And yes, i am confident in the source). If the mods think this is complete enough for a trip report, don't hesistate to move it to the forum. I'm unsure at this point however.

1:00 - Not much happens up until this point, pupil dialation is noted, as well as a dramatic amphetamine-like increase in enegry. There's a feeling of looseness in the arms and legs as well.

3:00 - Here's where things start to get intresting. Visuals start (trails, etc), and the body buzz greatly intensifies. Bromo dragonfly has an amphetamine like charcter, and an excess of nervious enegry accompanied the trip. Bromo dragonfly also has a definate euphoric quality to it. A definate wave-like quality has started to show itself with this drug, in that it quickly shifts from intense to beign.

5:00 - Things are slowly growing more and more intense. Lots of muscle clenching (Not limited to the jaw). The standard psychedelic "mindfuck" starts to set it around this point.

7:00 - 8:00 - The peak is somewhere in this range, and it gets pretty disorienting (A single hit was a full +++ trip). The amphetamine charcter starts to disapate at around this point.

10:00 - Things are pretty much plateauing, if not slightly diminished.

12:00 - This is where things start to get bad. I get an attack of intense GI pain, which does not subside. Out of despiration, i take a large dose (5mg) of estazolam in an attempt to reduce it.

From that point forward, i don't really feel i can give an accurate description of what the trip is like, as the benzo negates a lot of the "tripped out" feelings. However, historically i've been unable to sleep on psychedelics of any sort, and i wasn't able to sleep until 26:00 after injestion, if that gives any indicator of the duration.

So, what do i think of it, and would i do it again? It's definately an intresting trip, there's a fairly strong and controlable introspective element, and there's an almost amphetamine like euphoria to it. However, the duration and gastrointesinal pains that i went through brought down the trip, giving it the potential to turn quite dark if it had to.

I don't regret doing it, but won't be touching it again anytime soon.

[Note: the identity of this material has not been verified.]

Last edited by a moderator: