• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Bromo-Dragonfly/DOB-Dragonfly Thread

Honestly I'm surprised you went back given you usually have a bad experience. 2700ug of DOB-dragonfly is a high dose, good luck with that...

You can still find DOC online too. I totally get missing DOC, if I hadn't acquired a lifetime supply I'd be missing it too. But DOB-dragonfly is no substitute.

Ok well i received a police report on my blotters which I still have more of. They read. 900ug of bromo a piece. I took three today, usually I have a bad experience with this but wanted to give it another chance as I got to try a huge bottle of doc that is now gone and I miss like an old girlfriend that I will never see again. So far so good. Diminished visuals but we'll see. I'll be back.

Wow, I remember you. You're the one who had a crap load of this stuff and was probably the most recent poster to report on your experiences.

Are you sure this is a good idea? As others have advised, consider that there are arguably much, much better alternatives.

I've had some Bromo-dragonfly blotters of unknown dosage sleeping in my closet since I bought them off of the original Silk Road in 2012. I lost the information about dosage along with all of my purchase records when Silk Road was shut down.

I have the house to myself for 72 hours this weekend, so I thought I would try it. (From reading this thread, I am not expecting a fantastic experience, but I just gotta catch 'em all, as it were.)

The blotters are about 1cm square, non-perforated beige or tan (what looks like) construction paper. There is some non-uniformity in color, which I hope aren't hot spots. Has anyone encountered these before?

I just took 1/16th of a blotter as an allergy dose. It was surprisingly bitter. I chewed for about 15 seconds and then swallowed. If I feel nothing, I will be taking 1/4th of a blotter on Saturday morning. If I feel something, but it isn't unpleasant, I will be taking 1/8th of a blotter. If I feel something unpleasant, I will call this off. Can't be too cautious. I should mention that I have no tolerance to any drugs except my prescription Concerta.

As an old, I don't get a lot of opportunity to use these rare RCs, but hopefully I can get around to working my way up to a full blotter some time within the next ten years.

Honestly I didn't like bromo-dragonfly, and I am someone who loves DOC/etc and pretty much all long-lasting, stimulating psychedelics. I only tried it once, at 1mg, but I found no real redeeming qualities. There was vasoconstriction, and the headspace was not anything special, and the body feeling was mildly uncomfortable. It lasted for like 24 hours, too. But nevertheless I'd be curious to hear your report if you do decide to try it. I recall some people enjoying it. Though it's been a long time. Wish I'd written a trip report but for some reason I didn't.

It's t+5h for my allergy test of 1/16th of a blotter.

I was almost sure I tasted it at t+2h.

I am at a Shulgin -/+. No pupil dilation. No signs of vasoconstriction. I think I feel stimulated, but nothing that can't be explained by placebo and Concerta.
I wonder if it's possible that BRDF's MAOI properties could be potentiating my Concerta? Anyway, I won't be taking Concerta on the weekend.

I think I'm OK for 1/4th of a blotter.

I had a couple experiences with this one around 10 years ago. Can't really remember it but my notes suggested I enjoyed it a lot. Many references to strong visuals. Have fun exploring!

5:45 Bromo-DragonFly blotter unknown dose 1/4 of a blotter buccal, went back to sleep
8:20 moved blotter under tongue after seeing a few convincing dreams of doing it.
8:30 chewed and swallowed now-tasteless blotter. no effects so far
8:54 doing housework, super hungry
9:15 first alert
10:45 (t+5) I am lightly stimulated, slightly elevated mood, little-to-no appetite suppression, slight tightness in scrotum (vasoconstriction), no hint of psychedelia
t+5 should be the peak, so I don't feel any danger from, say, maybe vaping some 2C-D later to see if I can take this anywhere.
I guess I will be doing a 1/2 blotter next long weekend.

Would you say this is consistent with 1/4th of a 1mg blotter (i.e. 250 micrograms)?

14:11 35mg 2C-D rectal

14:45 onwards 50mg 2C-D in vape

15:20 This is fun and all, but I am reminded that if I had wanted to be healed rather than just experiment, I would be taking something like 4-HO-MET instead.

(Don't get me wrong, this is fun.)

I forgot to post an update the next day, but I was able to fall asleep at 2am without needing benzos. Still waiting for an opportunity to try a 1/2 blotter. (Maybe during New Year holidays?)

BDF is imho one of prime examples of what's wrong with RC world, drug world in general. For me it's a beautiful substance I am not likely getting any-time soon if ever again. What were problems with it? Just like many new drugs it was regularly dosed far too high and significant difference between two isomers was nowhere near enough explored on any level. I suspect that most people that had good experience with it, like I did had pure isomer and not racemic substance. And what isomer I had, more or less potent, I really don’t remember any-more but I do remember that 0.5mg produced great effects, not that unlike lowish dose of 2c-b, like around 20mg or where you start getting visuals but with a certain LSD like quality, certainly easily recognised not to be LSD by experience person but in fact in this range in many aspects much more like it than DOC, DOI and nbome’s. I have usually gone for high doses of most psychedelics be it phenetylamines or tryptamines and found most substances disappointing in a low range (for example 20mg of 2c-b did not do it for me but doses of 30mg+ made me enjoy it) and no matter that I mentioned BDF being like 2c-b, more grown up version of 2c-b (but not like TMA-2, which I also find a bit like a more grown up version of 2c-b but with many mescaline like qualities present) but BDF really did felt like something I could call a candy psychedelic substance in that low dose and some LSD like qualities that make it plausible that someone inexpedience thought was in fact taking weak LSD because of such a long come up. Such a positive effects in low dose and quite nice in somewhat bigger (max I did was 1 tab and it was dosed at about 1mg) made me wonder if most negative experiences were OD’s and/or one isomer being significantly different. There was almost no body load present ime, in fact less than with most psychedelics. Some other people I know who tried it also enjoyed it. Beside one, one who stole my stash and eat a huge dose of it. Luckily that person survived, had no lasting consequences and even told me it was what she needed even so it took a long time until complete physical and mental recovery she was gone trough it even without hospitalization. Sole fact that person survived idk how exactly big dose, but no question massive makes me wonder even more if one isomer is maybe really significantly more dangerous.