• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

Does anyone know why everyone seems to try shrooms first? Are they supposed to be safer? Or easier to handle? Maybe it's a problem of avaliablility. But, swim speaks from experience that for him shrooms are a total mind fuck and require a lot of mental preperation etc. Although the duration is much shorter for shrooms, LSD always gives swim mass amounts of euphoria and it is much easier to handle when something goes wrong. Opinions?

I think its availability in my area, i have heard of shrooms for years in my city but acid is once in a good while.

Is LSD bad for the heart? I took 5 hits at a rave yesterday and had an exhilerating experience, leaping and dancing around like a lunatic. Luckily I work out every day and could handle the intensity of it with great pleasure because my body felt jacked up to the extreme. I wasn't really expecting it because I had only done at most 2 hits before and it didn't have that insane stimulating effect. I thought it was supposed to be mostly a mental thing... my mind was blown to smitherines as well.
Are there any known cases of people dying on acid from like a heart attack or something? I'm just wondering, say I chose to take 10 hits one day (not that 5 wasn't enough ;) ), would I have to worry about the body load being way to extreme? And did set have anything to do with this? The external stimuli was just a freakshow.

Sorry to report back a bit late. We postponed the trip. My gf didn't want to do it at that time for several reasons. No need to rush things when somebody is not feeling ok with it, so we picked coming Sunday as the new date. But we'll see if we actually do it then. I will post back after we did it :).

LSD Blotter Questions

So might be obtaining some LSD for the first time ever on blotter paper and have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to.

I know how it is stored etc but how do I handle this shit? Is it alright to handle just like a normal piece of paper or should I be very delicate and try not to touch the actual face of the surface? I'm scared of it soaking into my skin and making me trip or something LOL.

Also, put in a sealey bag how long will it take before the LSD starts get weaker, is this a very fast process?

Sorry if this has been answered before but Google brought me nothing. :(

I wrapped mine in some aluminum-foil, then placed it in what seemed to be an air tight container..Stored it like that for a month or two and it seemed to be just as potent as a few months earlier.

It's a delicate molecule, as I'm sure you're aware. Most people tend to handle the hits gingerly by the edges though usually not from fear of absorption. Generally, in my circle of friends anyways, the care is taken to avoid damage from the oils on your fingertips.

Personally I have no idea if the natural oils on your hands can actually harm your precious LSD but I do know that light, heat, moisture, and oxygen degrade the product....why risk it, eh?

:)

Thanks for both your replies. Is it also fine to pop sheets in a sealey bag to carry around for say maybe a day or two in pocket?

^as long as its not hot out...and it's pretty hot around here lately...

i carried mine in a backpack once in the heat, but i had it sealed airtight with one of those freezer cold-pack things next to it...lol, i felt quite ingenuitive for my practicality :D

also, i'm not positive about plastic, but i remember hearing aluminum is actually bad in the long run...i've had some in foil before (without noticeable degradation), but i hear its overall a no no.

the best medium to touch it to in my opinion is 'acid-free' paper...lol, that's what its called, i swear. i always used to chuckle about that in high school. it's art paper, if you have any sketch books, it'll probably say 'acid free' if you read the fine print.

Hey guys, so I have a few questions about acid!
I've only done it twice... the first time it was (unknowingly) Electric Bob Marley... haha... the second just white blotter. One hit. I'm a scrawny girl so I don't think I need much..
So I have a my stories to tell & a few questions..

The first time, we took it about 4pm,
A friend of mine & I,
And we were with her boyfriend and a bunch of people I had literally just met.
At the time, I didn't really know all the side effects/visuals of acid...
But it started out great, sun went down, we sat in the dark while getting lightshows, listening to music... amazing.
Got up, and I felt a little drunk-dizzy,
And we decided to go to Walmart for a bit...
I was starting to trip really hard, and the paranoia was CRAZYYY... but funny!
But I was all good, it was a big blur of everyone telling us to shush while we giggled like craazy...
Then around 8:30pm, the trip went sour... we went to a nature trail with glowsticks from walmart, and suddenly, my heart rate skyrocketed and everything around me was 2-D...the ground beneath me stretched for MILES behind me, and in front of me, the road had stretched and warped above my head.. I panicked more & more & thought I was going to pass out, when my heart rate started to go back down, and everything just snapped back into place... I was staring at a parking lot full of cars and suddenly I was ok..
So everyone caught up and we started walking towards the car, aaaaand just as everything is normal & happy again,
My heart rate starts to skyrocket, and I'm like, "Oh no, its happening again."
And the world around me just stretched and warped until my vision was "full" and I couldn't take it, I felt like I was being pulled out of my body or being squished in really tight.
Then I scream out to them, and as I start to say something, it snaps back again...

It does this over and over all night, making the remainder of my trip just awful..

The second time was recently at EDC ,
We took some in line around 4pm again..
I had the BEST day of my life, so beautiful, loved everything, just so much happiness,
And as it got dark, the rain began to pour. But the music still played, everyone danced, was happy, etc..
Then they shut it all down due to rain, and we huddled in the port a potties, freezing cold... I had just taken what a friend told me was Molly... didn't feel it yet of course.
Around 9pm we ended up running, freezing, through the pouring rain to the entrance to get out. I just wanted to get to my car..
I was ok, knew where I was, we were out of the stadium, then suddenly,
All the sounds around me got real quiet, and everything began to stretch...
I was like, "I'm STILL TRIPPING?! Have I still been trippin this whole time??"
but instead of getting scared, I just started running, watching my friends in front of me, using the tiny bits of info about where we parked that I could remember... we finally had an epiphany and remembered where the car was, and when I saw it, I was so happy!
But as I started to walk toward it, the ups and downs came back, heart rate shooting up, everything stretching and warping... and I thought to myself... I CAN NOT do this for 4 more hours... I will have a heart attack...
So I sat in my car and stared at the dash while my heartbeat just got stronger and stronger, and the stretching more vivid... it helped a bit...

Then suddenly the molly started to kick in... when my heart rate would shoot up, instead of these insane visuals, I would just get this amazing cool sensation everywhere, and I was so insanely happy that I wasn't seeing craziness.. I didn't even want to move... whatever the "molly" they gave me actually was... it was a lifesaver!

Anyway, so you don't really have to read all that I wrote to answer these probably, just some insight into my difficult/bad endings to my trips...

My questions:

1. Is it normal for my heart rate to randomly shoot up and me to suddenly see everything around me stretching and warping and completely suffocating me? Just for no reason? (at this point I can't even get it to stop once it starts)

2. Why would this happen? Both times?

3. Will I always trip like this? (Have bad endings/last few hours?)

4. Sometimes, things become 2 dimensional, is that normal as well?

None of my friends say they've experienced these things, or EVER had negative trips, so that's why I'm asking, why am I different from them all?
Sorry for the long post. Just curious.

I've come upon the rare change to get some good LSD when my friend comes to visit me from Florida. I want to take a tab with her, but I also want to take it when I'm on a cruise the following week. What would the tolerance be like? Would it even be worth it to do it the second time?

Is LSD bad for the heart? I took 5 hits at a rave yesterday and had an exhilerating experience, leaping and dancing around like a lunatic. Luckily I work out every day and could handle the intensity of it with great pleasure because my body felt jacked up to the extreme. I wasn't really expecting it because I had only done at most 2 hits before and it didn't have that insane stimulating effect. I thought it was supposed to be mostly a mental thing... my mind was blown to smitherines as well.
Are there any known cases of people dying on acid from like a heart attack or something? I'm just wondering, say I chose to take 10 hits one day (not that 5 wasn't enough ;) ), would I have to worry about the body load being way to extreme? And did set have anything to do with this? The external stimuli was just a freakshow.

No one's ever died on LSD, and many people have done thousands of doses in it's history.

I wouldn't worry about it at all dude, basically you just took tonnes of them and they were probably just not the cleanest of acid and produced a heavy body load.

I've just recently started getting some good clean acid, there's definitely a difference between the stuff I've eaten lately and what I was eating last year, and the lack of body load is one of them, but like I said you took tonnes, you're body would have been doing all sorts of whacked out shit with all that stimuli, especially at a rave.

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I have a few questions about acid!
I've only done it twice... the first time it was (unknowingly) Electric Bob Marley... haha... the second just white blotter. One hit. I'm a scrawny girl so I don't think I need much..
So I have a my stories to tell & a few questions..

The first time, we took it about 4pm,
A friend of mine & I,
And we were with her boyfriend and a bunch of people I had literally just met.
At the time, I didn't really know all the side effects/visuals of acid...
But it started out great, sun went down, we sat in the dark while getting lightshows, listening to music... amazing.
Got up, and I felt a little drunk-dizzy,
And we decided to go to Walmart for a bit...
I was starting to trip really hard, and the paranoia was CRAZYYY... but funny!
But I was all good, it was a big blur of everyone telling us to shush while we giggled like craazy...
Then around 8:30pm, the trip went sour... we went to a nature trail with glowsticks from walmart, and suddenly, my heart rate skyrocketed and everything around me was 2-D...the ground beneath me stretched for MILES behind me, and in front of me, the road had stretched and warped above my head.. I panicked more & more & thought I was going to pass out, when my heart rate started to go back down, and everything just snapped back into place... I was staring at a parking lot full of cars and suddenly I was ok..
So everyone caught up and we started walking towards the car, aaaaand just as everything is normal & happy again,
My heart rate starts to skyrocket, and I'm like, "Oh no, its happening again."
And the world around me just stretched and warped until my vision was "full" and I couldn't take it, I felt like I was being pulled out of my body or being squished in really tight.
Then I scream out to them, and as I start to say something, it snaps back again...

It does this over and over all night, making the remainder of my trip just awful..

The second time was recently at EDC ,
We took some in line around 4pm again..
I had the BEST day of my life, so beautiful, loved everything, just so much happiness,
And as it got dark, the rain began to pour. But the music still played, everyone danced, was happy, etc..
Then they shut it all down due to rain, and we huddled in the port a potties, freezing cold... I had just taken what a friend told me was Molly... didn't feel it yet of course.
Around 9pm we ended up running, freezing, through the pouring rain to the entrance to get out. I just wanted to get to my car..
I was ok, knew where I was, we were out of the stadium, then suddenly,
All the sounds around me got real quiet, and everything began to stretch...
I was like, "I'm STILL TRIPPING?! Have I still been trippin this whole time??"
but instead of getting scared, I just started running, watching my friends in front of me, using the tiny bits of info about where we parked that I could remember... we finally had an epiphany and remembered where the car was, and when I saw it, I was so happy!
But as I started to walk toward it, the ups and downs came back, heart rate shooting up, everything stretching and warping... and I thought to myself... I CAN NOT do this for 4 more hours... I will have a heart attack...
So I sat in my car and stared at the dash while my heartbeat just got stronger and stronger, and the stretching more vivid... it helped a bit...

Then suddenly the molly started to kick in... when my heart rate would shoot up, instead of these insane visuals, I would just get this amazing cool sensation everywhere, and I was so insanely happy that I wasn't seeing craziness.. I didn't even want to move... whatever the "molly" they gave me actually was... it was a lifesaver!

Anyway, so you don't really have to read all that I wrote to answer these probably, just some insight into my difficult/bad endings to my trips...

My questions:

1. Is it normal for my heart rate to randomly shoot up and me to suddenly see everything around me stretching and warping and completely suffocating me? Just for no reason? (at this point I can't even get it to stop once it starts)

2. Why would this happen? Both times?

3. Will I always trip like this? (Have bad endings/last few hours?)

4. Sometimes, things become 2 dimensional, is that normal as well?

None of my friends say they've experienced these things, or EVER had negative trips, so that's why I'm asking, why am I different from them all?
Sorry for the long post. Just curious.

Okay you've got a long post but I'll do my best here.

Okay first of all the Molly you speak of, Molly is a slang term for crystal MDMA, and combining it with LSD is a great combination, one of my favourites definitely :)
However if you're worried about your heart sky rocketing I wouldn't be taking MDMA as it does have the tendency to send you heart rate up. Not to mention you said that you just took some random drug while on LSD, having no idea what it was, you're lucky it was Molly and the two go together nicely.
Just for future reference, that's generally a no-no. Always make sure you know what you're combining before you combine it, and you've at least done a little research, I can tell you from experience, LSD when combo'd with different things can get really whacky.

Now secondly yes it's fairly normal for crazy shit like that to happen while you're tripping, especially if you're on quite a large dose. LSD plateaus with little peaks for about three hours or so before you start coming down. If you're not used to this it could potentially cause anxiety, or just generally overwhelm you. It's totally different for everyone, and not just your body size, I think it's more to do with your receptors, the only difference body size makes is how quickly it metabolises through the body, please correct me if I'm wrong someone more knowledgeable, Mods? :D

1. Almost definitely, I'd say if it's just intense visuals then yes. If your throat actually physically closes up, or your blood pressure is actually sky rocketing through the roof something might be wrong, but as far as I know no human has ever died of LSD as I mentioned in my previous post, and people have been doing heroic doses of it since the sixties.

I'd like to make room for the possibility you may have been sold blotters without LSD on them, we don't speculate about what you might have taken on Bluelight, and I'm not saying what you had wasn't LSD but just bringing it up as it does happen, people do sell other chemicals as LSD. The main way you would know is that LSD doesn't really have much of a taste.

2. Well hard to say, but most likely because you ate acid and acid is crazy, and totally different for everyone as well. I have recurring hallucinations on LSD as well, I know people who don't. It's far more likely to occur again if you're focusing a lot of your thoughts on it and expecting it to happen though, as opposed to just relaxing and enjoying the trip. Again everyone is totally different.

3. Not necessarily, maybe, maybe not. It's hard to speculate. Negative themes in LSD trips are more likely to do with your mind, than the drug itself at least in my experience, unless you've just clearly taken way too much and have a freak out.
Keep your dose low if you're finding the experience uncomfortable, or maybe it's just not for you. Not everyone is a fan of psychedelics the same way I'm not really a fan of stimulants, yet I have many friends who go nuts for them.

4. This totally normal, you just trippin'.

Last edited:
Electric feeling on LSD

when i take lsd i notice this fuzzy electrical feeling that like outlines my lips sortof and also my tongue feels like electricity its weird to explain is this normal? what do you call that?

I recognize the feeling, the rushes of LSD feels like electric lightning bolts moving through your whole body. It really feels like "I'm on fucking fire"!. There's so incredibly much energy. It can be felt in every part of the body, including lips, ears etc.

I doubt there's a specific term for this effect, it's just something I get on LSD (and only LSD).

Have a read about 'Kundalini', I get this feeling when I take psychedelics (and now pretty much every time I look at a sunset =D).
When I began to get these tingles and rushes sober, I this was the only explanation Google had to offer.

Sounds like standard LSD bodyload to me. Acid can definitely feel very metallic, wiry, stimmy, you name it. Since language evolved to describe neurotypical states, it's hard to put something like this into words and make comparisons, but I feel like your analogy with electricity is just another way to capture the same thing.

You're welcome to check out Kundalini if you like, but I would argue that mysticism is not the only recourse for understanding this type of experience.

Last edited:
Just general LSD physical effects. You tend to notice them a little less the more often you take LSD.

I thought some of the better doses I ate had that metallic/electrical taste on your tounge, ive only had a couple sources my whole life so maybe its that I dont have much to compare to.? The times we had that taste it was always un prefed wow. Stronge, clean stuff.