• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

I want a bunch of gay friends to fool around with on LSD... you lucky bastard!

=D

Well I will admit, the comeup and the first strong part of the trip with the fooling around were awesome... until "IT" happened of course (though there were plenty of other quite "successful" sex parties on acid not to mention other drugs over the years... YOWZA! Yes you need to find yourself some hot gay pals who are also into trippig or rolling and whatnot... paradise awaits)

Boyfriend was totally pissed at me for like weeks, convinced I engineered it all deliberately for some twisted ego-control reason, much to my total dismay. And the 3rd guy, a very longtime pal, was so freaked we never spoke to or saw him again after that. :(

The first time I dosed was 2 hits of bicycle day lsd.
Boy was I in for it.
If by white out you mean flashes of white light over taking my vision followed by intense fractals and waves then yes Ive experienced such.

Hooray for my first post! long time lurker (years) dont know why, but i just decided to get involved seeing as psychedelics are becoming increasingly interesting to me.

psychedelics are funny in that you can take huge doses for years, and then one day all of a sudden you decide you're going to do a "low" dose of something and it totally kicks your ass harder than you even thought possible.

I had a buddy who went to a festival last year with his girlfriend, and she did two hits of LSD, and he did 6 hits of the same LSD at the same time and they were doing the same things, and she ended up totally flipping out so bad she had to go to the "tripping out to hard" area, where she was put into restraints.

These kind of things don't happen toooo often, but they do happen sometimes, and anyone who's going to be tripping out as much as some of us in PD so, then you should really consider this peice of information EVERY TIME you decide you're going to put psychedlics drugs in your body.

Anybody remember the story from PiHKAL where Anne did a 40 mgs test run of DESOXY and then that seemed to spark a weeklong spiritual crisis ?????

Why dont I hallucinate when I take 4 drops of good stuff (1drop made my mate trip hard)

Ive done lsd 5 times in the last 2 months and 4 drops makes me feel pretty normal if not just more extreme in however im feeling at the time mainly extreme hunger.

I dont see swirly walls, melting walls, rainbow effect colours or things morph anymore whats going on? have I just got used to the LSD mind set as I dont have 1 bit of paranoia on it either.

Why dont I hallucinate when I take 4 drops of good stuff (1drop made my mate trip hard)

Ive done lsd 5 times in the last 2 months and 4 drops makes me feel pretty normal if not just more extreme in however im feeling at the time mainly extreme hunger.

I dont see swirly walls, melting walls, rainbow effect colours or things morph anymore whats going on? have I just got used to the LSD mind set as I dont have 1 bit of paranoia on it either.

A few weeks ago i took half an 8th of pretty strong shrooms. I felt almost nothing for 2.5 - 3 hours then after eating some pizza i went from slightly above baseline to peaking instantly. It was strange as hell, i had no come up whatsoever.

The point is that psychedelics can do weird things.

Some people have a naturally high threshold for drugs like LSD. If the exact same dose gets other people wasted I cannot think of other reasons than that and tolerance which can go up rather fast if you did it 5x in two months especially if you didnt wait long enough after your last trip.

Yeah I definitely think you get used to tripping. I havent done acid in a while now and I feel like it would get very intense if I did it now, like I unlearned it.
Getting used to the effects is probably partially or completely identical to (long term) tolerance.

About the candyflip, yes it sounds okay but keep your alcohol intake very limited. And if you are not used to smoking a lot of weed remember that it can confuse the trip, make it foggy and vague.
It's IMO good to start with LSD and first get to a stable plateau and that is what the poll says as well - which you can find by checking the candyflip subthread on the first page of this thread.

I had a similar experience on 4-aco-dmt + 2ci + maybe a few other things after a 10-day psychedelic bender. A friend I was with had the same thing happen to him on the same combo. Essentially the whole world (we were in a park during the day) got whiter and whiter until I could barely see through the whiteness. Not so much a fog as if someone had completely turned up the brightness knob on my eyes. I entered a dream state where I couldn't recognize people, completely dissociated from gestalt (I could recognize a leg but not the person it was attached to -- it was as if each part of the person was a distinct unit and there was no whole). I perceived myself as engaged in conversation with a leg, although the leg was doing all the talking.

In retrospect, I think I was on the very edge of a digital mushroom blackout, and my physical/mental exhaustion at the time contributed. It wasn't a particularly negative feeling at all, or very frightening (the absence of meaning left my emotions behind). Pretty sure I seemed to others like I was catatonic for a hour or two although I actually remember every minute of it.

Anyway, "whiting out" is the perfect way to describe that trip. Recently I read some Oliver Sacks aphasia/nosia case histories that sound an awful lot like what I experienced. I wonder if I somehow shorted out my visual processing part of the brain. Then again, maybe I just passed out with my eyes open.

I've definitely had that experience from cid. It was very jaw-dropping. Then again, everything about cid is jaw-dropping.

Because LSD has four possible stereoisomers, but only the (+)-LSD (or: d-LSD, 5R,8R) isomer is active in ~100µg dosage. This is the stereoisomer which is usually consumed.
500px-Lysergide_stereoisomers_structural_formulae_v.2.png

Because LSD has four possible stereoisomers, but only the (+)-LSD (or: d-LSD, 5R,8R) isomer is active in ~100µg dosage. This is the stereoisomer which is usually consumed.
500px-Lysergide_stereoisomers_structural_formulae_v.2.png

that still does not explain why they say the (r) isomer is more active.

A few weeks ago i took half an 8th of pretty strong shrooms. I felt almost nothing for 2.5 - 3 hours then after eating some pizza i went from slightly above baseline to peaking instantly. It was strange as hell, i had no come up whatsoever.

The point is that psychedelics can do weird things.

I believe there was is some speculation that certain compounds can be trapped in your gallbladder, and released when you eat food. Especially fatty food. This seems to happen fairly frequently with ayahuasca in particular.

I've had strange things happen with shrooms.....I've had them not take effect till 5 or 6 hours after I've taken them. And there was no special reason why this should have happened, like taked on an extremely full stomach. It seems like sometimes the shrooms just want to sneak up on you and peak while you are in the parking lots leaving the Phish concert!!!

Hello,

About a year ago I purchased some tabs of LSD. I started reading about it over here and have been sitting on them ever since. I know that they will have been somewhat degraded. I stored them wrapped tight in tin foil, in a baggy, in a dark place. I got the tabs tested (Netherlands) and the result was somewhere between 50 and 60ug, so the dose is quite low. I have 4 tabs in total for the 2 of us.

Me and my girlfriend now want to take them on Saturday. It will be our first time doing an actual psy-drug. We both have done MDMA quite a few times before, but I know we are now in for something totally different. I've read the whole thread again in the past 2 days but still have a few questions. I hope some of you can help me somewhat with some answers.

Next Saturday it will be extremely nice weather over here. To my girlfriend it seems to be somewhat of a disappointment to stay inside. I too think it would be great to experience this outdoors. The thing is that the only way to experience this not so far from home is doing it in a park nearby. We could then lay down in the grass and enjoy the experience on a sunny day.

My question is: do you think this is a wise thing to do? I think about starting with 1 tab and see how it goes. We would then have a low dose and can see how it goes. If it goes well we can always up the dose a bit more later on. Of course there will be other people in the park. I don't know how that works out, but I think some of you might have a bit of an answer. If it seems to be a bit too much after all we can always go inside our home and continue over there. I do want to have a great experience and I don't want to bluntly underestimate the drug.

I think I'm looking for some insights from other people, any help is very much appreciated :). Thanks!

^ X-termi ^

You have enough tabs for 2 low to medium dose trips, being that they havent degraded too much, if they have or not I really don't know. It's worth a shot!

In my experience I do not like low doses of LSD, the feeling of being 'half there' annoyed me when I did try a low dose, which was my first time taking LSD..2 hits beleived to be 50 ug each.... I took 4 hits of the same blotter a few weeks later and it was amaaazzzingg, so that would be my recommendation for you, and have your gf be a sitter maybe sense this will be your first time with a psychedelic.

As for the park, you might not want to be in public but if you feel comfortable and in control of yourself then go for it. Nothing like a nice walk while trippin...it's my favorite thing to do honestly... definitly a good idea if you start havin a bad trip, can bring you right out of it.

Hope this helps you in someway..post back on how it goes

Thanks for the advice.

It being somewhat of a low dose works two ways I think: negative when it comes to maybe having the feeling of being half way there. Positive when it comes to it being the first time and in that setting. From what I've read, 100ug might be a good dose for a first time. The fact that they have been tested gives me a bit more of a reassurance when it comes to the dose.

This is something I really want to experience for the first time actually with my girlfriend. Her being a sitter might sound like a good idea, but it would also be somewhat of a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to throw everything you said out of the window, I'm just looking for some opinions from other people, I'll take them all into account when deciding whether to go on with this or not.

If someone else cares to comment: please do. Help a fellow Bluelighter out ;-). I really appreciate your views. Thanks.

Taking a low dose for a first experience is never a bad idea, who knows maybe that will be exactly where you wanna be, everyone is different. Plus its not like you will never be able to try it again at a later time, most likely.

Taking a low dose for a first experience is never a bad idea, who knows maybe that will be exactly where you wanna be, everyone is different. Plus its not like you will never be able to try it again at a later time, most likely.

Very agreed. Swim likes to take massive doses, the more the better if there is no authority figures around (family, driving, etc). But, everyone is very different and you sound a little apprehensive. Best to stay low until you are more comfortable. But who knows, maybe you would love the experience. It's always best to avoid unnecessary anxiety or panic attacks. Have fun. BTW don't know if you mentioned it, but sex is great on LSD if possible. Sweaty, but fantastic. Have fun!! Swim is very happy to hear about your trip. :)

Does anyone know why everyone seems to try shrooms first? Are they supposed to be safer? Or easier to handle? Maybe it's a problem of avaliablility. But, swim speaks from experience that for him shrooms are a total mind fuck and require a lot of mental preperation etc. Although the duration is much shorter for shrooms, LSD always gives swim mass amounts of euphoria and it is much easier to handle when something goes wrong. Opinions?

I was always told shrooms were less intense and easier to handle, and beleived it until very recently. Every1 made it seem like LSD was so crazy it made me not want to try it, and I'm glad I made the decision to try it cuz now I really don't even wanna look at those mushrooms. It was also a BIG problem of availabilty until recently as well, which is why I have a good amount of experience with shrooms before my first acid trip. So I guess if it woulda came around a few years back when I first got into it with psyches, I woulda tried it. I feel the same way you do LSD Lover, when it comes to the shrooms vs LSD comparison. Funny because the whole time I was just eatin shrooms I was thinkin the total opposite about acid, so glad I balld up n took some.