• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy Basic LSD Questions Thread - The Fourth Iteration

THe first time I ever did acid I was really drunk and coked out. To put it simply, it did not end well. I drank 2 4 lokos, 5-6 keg beers and railed a couple lines and my friend offered me some acid. I gladly placed it on my tongue without even thinking about it. I took 1.5 tabs and I was trippin really good, I even drank 3-4 beers on the come up. I think the alcohol mellowed the trip out a bit, but it was also pretty intense because it was my first time tripping on anything. I laughed a lot and I don't really remember much of the first half of the trip. I think crashing from the coke and losing the effects of the alcohol really affected my trip. I started freaking out and had a major panic attack and it turned into one of the worst nights of my life.

I didn't really know what I was getting myself into at the time, you might be good if you don't drink much and because you've obviously already planned this out; it won't be a drunken decision. I was also coming off of 4 days of rolling in a row and also a lot of coke use so that's probably what made my trip go bad too.

Oh and to pr0digy ^^, I love getting hammered after an acid trip. My best trip was my last one and I drank half a 5th at the tail end of my trip, it was great.

^ Your name ROCK!! Carbon based Lifeforms ftw <3

Why? Everyone is telling you that it basically dampens the trip...

Plus, alcohol will often make people really irrationally emotional, so I can't see it really circumventing a "freakout"...

I'm pretty sure a COUPLE of beers will not dampen a trip at all, if it's a good dose.

heyyyy, glad some one caught on to that reference, I LOVE CBL. And forests. And acid.

A couple beers will definitely NOT dampen a trip, especially if it's your first time. Although it might make taking a perfect dose harder. You don't want to take too little (+ alcohol) and have a disappointing trip, but don't take too much and possibly be overwhelmed and have a bad trip. I guess that's what alcohol/xanax is for though.

How do you take your blotter? I mean do you swallow it right away or do you leave it on your tongue for a while or do you put it under your tongue or whatever?
I always put in on my tongue for a minute or so and them I swallow it.

i just keep it under my tongue until it turns to mush and then swallow that.

and regarding the previous discussion on alcohol and lucy, i find that dosing after a beer or two sobers me up, and drinking on the comedown feels a bit dirty, like misusing the trip. i much prefer eating fruit.

for the 4th time in 2months I took 4 acid drops and diddnt hallucinate other than go from one extreme feeling to another not alot happened.

I just remember feeling extrememly hungry to the point it was uncomfortable and pretty happy i didnt have any mad visuals though do you think its coz im taking Mirtazapine?

Candyflip

So there is a posibility I might get some decent acid (said to be around 250micro) and some ecstasy pills (also said to be quite decent) tomorrow at a psytrance party. I was thinking about candyflipping but don't know the exact combination.
I was planning to take LSD then chill & dance for abot 4 hours after the trip starts and then eat one pill and maybe more on the comedown. Maybe I'll drink a beer or two and smoke some joints if I'll feel like it.
How does that sound?

Whited Out On Cid

I am from Philly and I recently took a quarter of a strip (2.5 tabs) of cid which is actually less than I usually take but it was "Double Dipped" which is a term I always take loosely.
So like an hour in I started to trip my nuts off seeing some crazy fractal patterns at a pizza place and about 3 hours in I whited out and just sat back in my buddies dorm bed and went into the deepest trip I went in ever.
Has anyone here ever have the same or similar experience with tabs?

I've seen this kid (now i know he's a 2-faced schizo) white out harcore from 2 weak ass hits. I had to tripsit the fucker and i was on 4 at the time! he was stuck in endless loops where had had multiple battles with his sexuality and was constantly worried that we drunk and drove earlier (didn't happen)

He was stuck saying the same 3 sentences all fucking night

I've only "whited out" on 5-Meo-DMT and ayahuasca, CID was more like neoning out..

It sounds like you were just tripping very hard. Or by "whited out" did you mean that you passed out like some people use that term? Or do you mean that you were just overstimulated by visuals and they all just became a very bright neonish white and you just got very very introverted and didn't talk to anyone and just sat there tripping?

It sounds like you were just tripping very hard. Or by "whited out" did you mean that you passed out like some people use that term? Or do you mean that you were just overstimulated by visuals and they all just became a very bright neonish white and you just got very very introverted and didn't talk to anyone and just sat there tripping?
I had these crazy ass visuals and everything I saw had a whitish border around it sort of like in a dream

^hmmm so everything had like a whiteish aura around it? auras are a pretty common visual effect across the board on psychedelics, especially as dose increases, so it would make since. a few times on 6+ grams of mushroom my entire visual field was replaced with whiteness, which is what I thought you were talking about at first, but this effect really was just a "flash" that probably didnt last longer then 30 seconds and was not really a major part of the trip. But i deffinitely see auras a lot

Can I take a whiteout to mean dissociation + unity experience, where that one thing is felt to be completely "white", present, connected, on instead of off, everything as opposed to the blackness of the void? A very strongly expanded consciousness up to the point of the mystical? If I take LSD and meditate that is pretty much where I'm headed.
Some people call it a ++++ although that term is used very loosely, much more so than it was originally intended but the mystical is by definition not to be defined so it's pretty understandable. I wouldn't call something that can be conjured with a good dose of acid and meditation a life-changing experience every time, it's not one of a kind if you expect it. Though the expectation doesn't make it less intense! :D

By the way my feelings about that state I just described, the unity, is not well explained in 'external' terms. I think the division of internal/external experience is fundamentally flawed as is object/subject division (even if it is very often practical and functional).
The world we experience is the model of it we hold in our mind, which is a manifestation of the interconnections of all kinds of seperate conceptualizations in a certain structure, that structure is essentially your paradigm. I believe that the effect of LSD or other methods that cause altered states of consciousness remove this differentiation, the normal patterns that make up your paradigm... and by removing those patterns and concept differentiation let you transcend it and let you experience the activity in your brain more directly. I would describe that activity as seeing or even being this energy flow, golden electricity that moves in fluid cascades and patterns in every direction, immeasurable by lack of frame of reference. It makes sense to me like that.

I admit though that I might not know nearly enough about neurology and consciousness and a ton of other things that would be needed to suggest that the above is my 'understanding'. Anyway I hardly care in the end because those experiences just are what they are whatever that may be.
This philosopher said in an interview in the paper that the best realization he ever had was that 'what you are' is a mystery and you cannot find the answer. Mystery means that what cannot be known or understood. I really like that. On one hand I like how far scientific explanations can go and how far metaphysics and spirituality can go, but on the other hand beyond a certain event horizon we probably shouldn't stress to much if all of that collapses. Perhaps that means there is a singularity at the core of everything, or one might call it Brahman. It undermines itself because that is still like saying that in that core, we don't know. It just is.

Last edited:
I've thrown up on acid twice before, due to the taste of some of the more inky blotters. It's shit as your body just feels like it's going into rejection mode and throws up all it can, but afterwards it's all good.

this has happened to me in some of my strongest trips and i know why it happens.. it happens when my eyes are opened and my vision is slowed down, like really extreme chasers. it will take a few seconds for my vision to catch up with reality so images get piled up on top of each other.. after it falls behind for a minute or two all the light from the images i see is still being processed in my brain and has totally overlapped leaving nothing but a whiteout.

when this happens you definitely gotta close your eyes.. the light will fade out and you will be totally immersed in the closed eye visual experience!

NOTE: By "whiting out" I mean that literally... everything got brighter and brighter and brighter as if my pupils had expanded to infinite dimensions... anyway here is the story.. it left a "Hole In My Mind" (kinda like Commander Sheridan in Babylon 5, haha) that I still remember as if it was yesterday:

Once about 15 years ago, me and 2 other friends did 2 hits of what turned out to be some super duper STRONG blotter LSD. Started listening to tunes (well and fooling around... all of us gay) and "whatnot" and all was bliss. But at some point, I recall "whiting out", and my memory is then a TOTAL black hole for about like 4 hours.

After being catatonic for a spell, I totally ruined their trip and fun by them not knowing what the hell happened to me, and I or my body "came to", was walking around the house naked, grabbing my crotch, acting extremely creepily lewd and rude and gross. etc., apparently totally unable to understand or speak English, Terry finally forced me to eat a bunch of Niacin which really did snap me out of it after it hit my stomach. I never did remember even one moment of these hours between the white out and the forced niacin in the kitchen.

The blacking out and reverting to some still "awake" but totally unrecorded "reptilian" robotic behavior circuitry sounds very very similar to a few other accounts I have read, some from shrooms, some from 4-aco-dmt. It was totally like my human mind was removed from my body and my brain stem alone was in some nasty, primitive mode of control. It seems like this bizarre dysfunctional brain "mode" has been reported in some form or another here and there.

During this entire time I had ONE very deep and very frightening psychedelic experience, which consisted of ONE image that apparently took up the entire 4 hour-blackout, or maybe it took the entire 4 hours to "reach" it... and it was VERY VERY scary... hold onto your hats people... NEVER told this to anyone online... during this "White-Blackout", here is where "I" was:

It was some indeterminable time in the future.... only 3 minds still existed... mine (wondering if I had died in perhaps a nuclear explosion or something), and what I can ONLY describe as some great powerful Native American "Grandmother Earth Goddess" consciousness, perhaps "Gaia"... we were both in orbit in space... there was the Sun off in the distance, looking normal, who was the 3rd consciousness (but like a giant silent eye, observing from from some very lofty deep billion-year old great-great-great-great-grandfather perspective, totally without any thought or emotion), in the distance, stars... and below us was The Earth, but it was not the lovely shimmering blue/white/brown/green living water paradise we know. INSTEAD IT WAS AN EMPTY SMOLDERING BLACK CINDER... "Gaia" or "Grandmother Earth Goddess" was VERY VERY VERY ANGRY with ME, as a representative of the entire Human race who had somehow caused this horrible catastrophe to happen to her beautiful precious pearl she had take so long and such care to grow. The mood was one of baleful, eternal mourning and sadness. She was as angry as it is possible to be. I was as sad as it is possible to be.. and just crying, crying for all of eternity, trying to say to Her "I'm so sorry.... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry...." trying in vain to apologize on behalf of all humanity, of which my spirit was apparently the last representative.

I would have to call this under any definition a "Vision" like something of which Black Elk might have spoken, more than a hallucination... it was like "She" had deliberately stolen my mind, seeing it was made vulnerable by the LSD, and whisked me to some distant possible future to confront me about the disaster she showed me.

Honestly, I don't have any other way of understanding what happened to me that night. it was VERY VERY far out of the ordinary, totally unlike the 1000 or so other trips I have had, some also really strong, but NOTHING like that.

I didn't remember this until a couple days later... it was buried under alot of embarrassment about my brainstem's shameful lizard behavior... then suddenly all at once the image/feelings of that terrifying, soul-crushing "Vision" came back to me like a recovered memory all at once, and I was utterly devastated for a LONG time till I could tell anyone else, before I could even speak... upon remembering it, I just curled up in a ball for a while and just bawled my eyes out.

So,what you do you all think of that? Anyone ever have anything like this, either the whiteout/blackout/missing-time effect, or the walking/talking/behaving with ZERO memory of it, or the "Earth-Cinder-Angry-Sad-Earth-Mother-Goddess-Spirit" vision happen to them?

What the hell actually happened to me so many years ago?

Last edited:
NOTE: By "whiting out" I mean that literally... everything got brighter and brighter and brighter as if my pupils had expanded to infinite dimensions... anyway here is the story.. it left a "Hole In My Mind" (kinda like Commander Sheridan in Babylon 5, haha) that I still remember as if it was yesterday:

Once me and 2 other friends did 2 hits of what turned out to be some super duper STRONG blotter LSD. Started listening to tunes (well and fooling around... all of us gay) and "whatnot" and all was bliss. But at some point, I recall "whiting out", and my memory is then a TOTAL black hole for about like 4 hours.

After being catatonic for a spell, totally ruined their trip and fun by them not knowing what the hell happened to me, I "came to", was walking around the house naked, grabbing my crotch, acting extremely creepily lewd and rude and gross. etc., apparently totally unable to understand or speak English, Terry finally forced me to eat a bunch of Niacin which really did snap me out of it after it hit my stomach. The blacking out and reverting to some still "awake" but totally unrecorded "reptilian" robotic behavior circuitry sounds very very similar to a few other accounts I have read, some from shrooms, some from 4-aco-dmt. It was totally like my human mind was removed from my body and my brain stem alone was in some nasty, primitive mode of control.

During this I had ONE very deep and very frightening psychedelic experience, which consisted of ONE image that apparently took up the entire 4 hour-blackout, or maybe it took the entire 4 hours to "reach" it... and it was VERY VERY scary... hold onto your hats people... NEVER told this to anyone online... during this "White-Blackout", here is where "I" was:

It was some indeterminable time in the future.... only 3 minds still existed... mine (wondering if I had died in perhaps a nuclear explosion or something), and what I can ONLY describe as some great powerful Native American "Grandmother Earth Goddess" consciousness, perhaps "Gaia"... we were both in orbit in space... there was the Sun off in the distance, looking normal, who was the 3rd consciousness (but like a giant silent eye, observing from from some very lofty deep billion-year old great-great-great-great-grandfather perspective, totally without any thought or emotion), in the distance, stars... and below us was The Earth, but it was not the lovely shimmering blue/white/brown/green living water paradise we know. INSTEAD IT WAS AN EMPTY SMOLDERING BLACK CINDER... "Gaia" or "Grandmother Earth Goddess" was VERY VERY VERY ANGRY with ME, as a representative of the entire Human race who had somehow caused this horrible catastrophe to happen to her beautiful precious pearl she had take so long and such care to grow. The mood was one of baleful, eternal mourning and sadness. She was as angry as it is possible to be. I was as sad as it is possible to be.. and just crying, crying for all of eternity, trying to say to Her "I'm so sorry.... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry...." trying in vain to apologize on behalf of all humanity, of which my spirit was apparently the last representative.

I would have to call this under any definition a "Vision" like something of which Black Elk might have spoken, more than a hallucination... it was like "She" had deliberately stolen my mind, seeing it was made vulnerable by the LSD, and whisked me to some distant possible future to confront me about the disaster she showed me.

Honestly, I don't have any other way of understanding what happened to me that night. t was VERY VERY far out of the ordinary, totally unlike the 1000 or so other trips I have had, some also really strong, but NOTHING like that.

I didn't remember this until a couple days later... it was buried under alot of embarrassment about my brainstem's shameful lizard behavior... then suddenly all at once the image/feelings came back to me like a recovered memory all at once, and I was utterly devastated for a LONG time till I could tell anyone else.

So,what you do you all think of that? Anyone ever have anything like this, either the whiteout/blackout/missing-time effect, or the walking/talking/behaving with ZERO memory of it, or the "Earth-Cinder-Angry-Sad-Earth-Mother-Goddess-Spirit" vision happen to them?

What the hell actually happened to me so many years ago?

I want a bunch of gay friends to fool around with on LSD... you lucky bastard!