Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Yes, but only a little

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Sometimes / Completely depends on whether it is salt or freebase

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
Does somebody know why aMT was withdrawn from the market as an antidepressant (according to Wikipedia it was called Indopan and only sold briefly)? At least short time it's pretty impressingly effective even when on a SSRI (fluoxetine 40mg) and not responding anymore to that, and in a matter of hours vs weeks. Serotonin depletion, toxicity, recreational potential?

I guess as its a nonselectuve 5ht agonist there will be risk for cardiac valvuopathy with extended use but this can't be the reason for pulling as fenfluramine was probably later. Any binding affinities table?

Also, my aMT had no smell, I snorted it. Repeated during a few days, unfortunately it's rare these days and they only sell 1g at a time - which tells me I dosed higher than the 10mg Indopan but this might make up for receptor downregulation due to SSRI.

(don't do this combo at home, serotonin syndrome risk)

Last edited:
There were too many reports of people feeling weird, I think is why. There might have also been some incidence of heart issues, though actually that might have just been AET. I know there were heart issues with AET.

Finally obtained some AMT. :love:

Probably gonna be a handful of days before I can try it. I've been transitioning from caffeine to racetams (mainly noopept but also phenylpiracetam) over the past few weeks, and I don't want to take any in the days leading up to taking AMT. Also been taking tianeptine the past couple days, and then phenibut the day before that, and then GHB two days before that, so I really need to let my system equilibrate before trying AMT.

I'm really trying to avoid taxing my stomach right now, so dumping a bunch of pro-inflammatory 5-HT into it isn't the best idea. Plus since plugging it seems to avoid the nausea, seems like a no brainer.

Pretty sure I've got the succinate, any suggestions on dose? I'd like a full experience, but I also don't want anything crazy stimulating. If I took a small amount, say 5-10mg, as an allergy test, and then took the full dose a few hours later, would the test dose be expected to diminish the experience? Also, how's sex on it and how many hours in does it peak in that respect?

I'd say that a test dose probably would, if anything, only slightly reduce the strength of the full dose. I'd start with 50mg of the succinate, probably (I am quite sure it's the succinate, it's been a long time since any freebase or HCL was around). I usually use 60mg but you don't know how you'll react yet. Plugging it doesn't seem to increase the strength very much, unlike with many other things, but it does reduce the bodyload and especially the nausea.

Sex on AMT is fantastic, at least for me. Unlike most serotonin releasers, which inhibit my ability to maintain an erection, AMT doesn't at all, but makes it so I can go for hours and since it's entactogenic, it's great in multiple ways. Sometimes the coming-up feeling can feel kind of grungy and occasionally it lingers to some extent for the whole trip. It takes a good 3 hours or so to fully come up, even rectally.

Careful with GHB, phenibut and GHB both hit GABA-B so it would be easy to catch a little dependence. GHB grabs me by the balls so hard, just watch yourself, especially if you're new to it and have a supply.

Thankfully I haven't done much phenibut lately, I was overdoing it for awhile and it lost some luster. I usually only take a gram or less, but it started giving me brain fog that lasts for 2-3 days after, which kind of sucks. That never used to happen. GHB was actually super clear-headed the day after, but this is my first rodeo w/ it. Haven't felt any urges to do anymore, but I can definitely see the draw. Thanks for the advice.

Anyways, super excited to test the AMT out. I think I will go for 50mg. :)

There were too many reports of people feeling weird, I think is why. There might have also been some incidence of heart issues, though actually that might have just been AET. I know there were heart issues with AET.
I never felt weird on 10mg's of AMT. It rather is the only tryptamine which works besides me being hooked on SSRIs. Looking forward to try higher doses as well (don't do that, SSRI + AMT might well give you serotonin syndrome, I'll titrate carefully).

Me either, but a lot of people are very sensitive to any "high" feelings and a lot of people are uncomfortable with psychedelics. I guess the incidence of people sensitive to it who didn't like the feelings was too high so they pulled it off the market.

How is the latest amt succinate batch from lizard people? Got a gram of it sitting and waiting for a nice day to dabble my first trial of it

For anyone in the States who managed to acquire "AMT" domestically in early 2022, I would just say be careful. I ordered 2 grams from a vendor with good reviews who had a handful of different psychedelics, but when tested at DrugsData it came back as NMT.

I guess it's cool to have pure NMT since it's pretty rare so far as I can tell, but I'm not sure what I'll do with that much of it. Seems to have quite the body load from the few reports I found.

Whoa, you have NMT? I can't tell if that's a score for you or not. Not sure I have ever read a report on NMT, or seen it available. I'm sure that vendor could sell it as NMT successfully.

Though, the TIHKAL entry is not promising...

this NMT is n-methyl tryptamine? i recently obtained 1g from nl sold as amt. it is a serotonine releaser but its not amt. its active from 30mg on but hasnt that tryptamine feeling that amt has and also amt can be felt from 5mg on.

The TIHKAL report doesn't inspire much hope, but I found a couple more reports over on a DMT-focused forum.

One is quite intriguing:
Upon vapourization of the pure material, it was found that monomethyl-tryptamine has entheogenic effects, becoming noticeable after 3-5 minutes, attaining full strength for 30-45 seconds, and gradually disappearing over 45-70 minutes. No negative or lingering side effects were noted. It was roughly estimated at 1/3 the potency of DMT.

The instigating test subject describes it's subjective effects as differing from DMT in being: "...not so much a visual or auditory entheogen, although there were some visuals, but rather a 'Spatial hallucinogen'...imagine you could 'feel' but not see an Escher world..."

The other not so much:
A friend has smoked 250mg of yellow nmt crystals and felt dreamy and like they "were under the ocean" with minor visuals.

this NMT is n-methyl tryptamine?
Yes

For anyone in the States who managed to acquire "AMT" domestically in early 2022, I would just say be careful. I ordered 2 grams from a vendor with good reviews who had a handful of different psychedelics, but when tested at DrugsData it came back as NMT.

I guess it's cool to have pure NMT since it's pretty rare so far as I can tell, but I'm not sure what I'll do with that much of it. Seems to have quite the body load from the few reports I found.
can you provide more information as to how the sample was analyzed? since amt and nmt have the same chemical formula (the methyl groupnis just in different positions), they might not be distinguishable from each other with simple weak ionization MS.

I have been following this and the previous iterations for quite some time and wondering to myself how I had missed this molecule. Then my wife said to me she wanted to read "The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test" again so I bought (yet another copy of) it and read it. And there it was in the early days!

I had forgotten about good old IT-290.

It turns out I actually had run across it and enjoyed it under the long forgotten (to me) name.

Carry on, I thought I'd just mention it.

can you provide more information as to how the sample was analyzed? since amt and nmt have the same chemical formula (the methyl groupnis just in different positions), they might not be distinguishable from each other with simple weak ionization MS.
GC-MS. They have identified AMT in 3 different samples from years past so I assumed they would have access to those spectra and that this didn't show the same fragmentation pattern. They have also identified NMT in a sample before so I presume they matched the spectra of my sample with that.

GC-MS. They have identified AMT in 3 different samples from years past so I assumed they would have access to those spectra and that this didn't show the same fragmentation pattern. They have also identified NMT in a sample before so I presume they matched the spectra of my sample with that.
I see. have you taken the batch yet? if it is NMT it should be orally inactive like DMT I suppose?

Just coming down from a 12 hour beautiful amt succinate trip.

Me and my girld dosed 70 and 60mg oral doses respectively.

Nausea minimized by ginger tea and empty stomach.

Its like the perfect recreaational.substance. just the right beautiful aspects of my fave substances.

Long unforced molly high, couchlocked vibe and surprising mixes well with cannabis. On every puff the molly wave comes back stronger but never made me anxious.

The residual stimulation is the only negative for me and my girl. Nothing that would some good benzo would fix.

Also experimented adding 2c-b at the tail end. And wow...visuals blew me away.

No crash, just tired. Just smoking bud now till i pass out. Just chilling to some laidback playlists.

Hoping ya'll are doing good and are having a nice weekend yourselfs 🕉

The afterglow is super nice. I can see mixing 2c-b at the tail end or 4-aco-dmt or BOD as a match made in heaven for this. Low dose lysergamides would definitely give this some nice flava visually. This stuff though will make you dankrupt since smoking feels so synergistic with cannabis. Me and my girl had some nice visuals, tryptamine like but very intricate especially oev. Makes me feel like floating on a cosmic water bed at a summer afternoong or evening.

Also, idk if DOC would be a match made in heaven too for this but i think keeping it on a low dose would be fine stimulation-wise.

Phenibut would greatly increase the body high in my theory. Benzos in between would kill the visuals. So better take them if you just wanna just sleep. Stony, refreshing, calming. What a nice weekend for real.

I kept this stuff for a year and molly was my dominant empathogen but this..this is the perfect rolly psych for me.

Will dabble in some nbohs and nbome maybe next year.

Amt was a like low dose mdma + mescaline/shroomish + doc + weed rolled into one couchlocked spacey hazey trip.

Bodyload? Almost non existent.

For my bday, id love some mescaline + ds 3.0.

Phenibut combines amazingly well with AMT, to be sure... your intuition is right about that. As for DOC, I will say one of the most euphoric trips of my life was one time at a festival when I took 60mg of AMT on top of 3 hits of strong LSD... I started to get the existential terror out of nowhere (well actually after seeing some asshole who was too big for his britches on stage start screaming at the sound crew and then calling the people in the audience bitches who were leaving and then trying to fight someone... but I digress), and found my way to my tent in the dark and fumbled out my etizolam, and took 2mg... except it was actually my DOC bottle, so I took 2mg of that instead. Oops... then I got REALLY scared, and then I actually took some etizolam. Once the etizolam kicked in and the panic attack went away, and the DOC kicked in, oh my god that was fun, I was up for 2 days and just rambled around hanging out with random people and doing all sorts of stuff. But it wasn't my intention. I think mixing DOC, there is the potential for it to become too much, for a really long time.