• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 3

Oh wow, you're not the only one! 😮
Buzz Lightbeer's experience sounded awful.

Yes I went fully psychotic, it was indeed unusually strong, equally strong as like 500ug of LSD (2 blotters).
It came up very fast and soon I had completely lost it, never had it before on any psychedelic.

@Morphing Willie - Not really a negative bodyload, it was uncomfortable at times and hot but mainly euphoric and intense. If I had bene on my own (I was the host), I would have closed my eyes and listened to music and just gone down the rabbit hole.

All of us are middle aged and pretty experienced. The guy who had a bad trip went fully psychotic like @Buzz Lightbeer. He's a huge guy (body builder) and he collapsed and was muttering gibberish, we managed to get him outside on the grass. I had to keep restraining him and telling him who we were. Took about an hour or two till he was lucid enough to talk to us coherently.

He said he thought we were paramedics in Brazil and that he had died, he kept looping in and out. Kept tensing all the time and nearly bit me twice. Fortunately no one was hurt.

Wow that's nuts @somethingfun. I've had a similar experience with an old batch, which I've mentioned ad nauseam in this thread and elsewhere. Makes me seriously consider dissolving batches of tabs in solvent and then titrating and volumetrically dosing this stuff, to get consistent reliable dosing. I also slightly wonder if there is just weird x-factor stuff going on with al-lad too, maybe something metabolic, or just freaking vibes and auto suggestion. The metabolic thing doesn't makes sense because your whole party was affected intensely, as was mine. The "vibes" thing doesn't really make sense either, it's so hard for me to believe that the mind fuckery we, you, and buzz lightbeer experienced was just "in our heads" (lol what else could it be?). So that brings it back to the dosing.

I think it's hotspots. When the old batch was circulating I never dosed less than '750ug' the last few trips because up to '450ug' didn't really do anything. Either I have to push the dose with it ('750ug' was the full blown 'trip' like any 5 hits of acid woulda done) or there's some extremely bad hot-spotting going on, to this day.

I wonder if there could be something about the molecule itself, or the form it's in, that makes it more prone to forming hotspots? The manufacturers by now have ample experience laying blotter, and you don't hear about this so much with 1P-LSD for example.

I've never really spoke about it but my one trial with AL-LAD went pretty badly when it first hit the scene years ago. Probably should have spoke about it at the time but everyone else was having consistently good trips it seemed so infigured something was off with me that day. I'd taken one 150ug blotter and it was surprisingly visual but during the peak I got really bad anxiety and a headache it just wasn't pleasant experience for me. And at the time I had alot of 4-subs/2C-x/DOC so I just went back to taking those. A few months later I got some LSD-25 and trips went smooth so I always just figured something was off with me that day. I'd ended up giving the rest of it away to a friend and they let the stuff degrade until I have it to yet another person, the batch got wasted pretty badly in retrospect inthink they were nervous cuz intold them it didn't agree with me and I was the guy they went to for advice about these things. This was from the batch that was released with LSZ.

Yeah, something seems odd here. If the last batch was correctly dosed, then it seems quite strange that several very experienced trippers were losing it on modest doses. Using the prior batch as my point of reference, it's hard to imagine very many people having trouble with AL-LAD even at high doses, and I'm a bit of a lightweight. It just seemed easy going even on higher doses to the point of being kinda boring. My guess is really bad hot spots, too, but who can say for sure?

Bout to take the plunge with this substance on Saturday. Should 225 mics provide a solid experience? I’ve heard this compound has a shorter duration. If so, how long does it usually take to arrive at the peak?

Yes, 225 should be strong enough for an introduction to the compound. If I remember correctly, it takes about an hour to reach the peak, then by the sixth hour you'll be already starting to come-down. Residual effects last for a maybe three or four hours more. I already had good effect from 150 µg, but there's many people that find that dosage worthless. At 225 it was strong for me. I seem to be an outlier, or maybe the real explanation is the uneven laying of the blotters that others commented here (maybe I got hotspotted tabs), but regardless, if you choose to take 225 µg be open to the possibility that it may range from a mild to a strong experience depending on how you respond to it.

Definitely could have used more. 300 mics was nice but more would have been better. My girl didn’t feel as much me but she’s on Effexor so maybe this hampered the effects.

Definitely could have used more. 300 mics was nice but more would have been better. My girl didn’t feel as much me but she’s on Effexor so maybe this hampered the effects.
Effexor!!!
do not play with psychedelics or share psychedelics with people when they are on prescription psych meds!
Das Ist Verboten!

She was off of it for quite some time but unbeknownst to me she started began taking it again a week or so ago. In my experience the only problems with ssris and psychs is that they reduce the intensity of the experience.

I really enjoyed al-lad. I was very nervous about tripping as it had been 5-6 years since I’ve dabbled with psychs and I was a little depressed as well. It had such a clean head space with pleasant visuals and minimal body load. Surprisingly I also experienced tactile and auditory hallucinations which I usually don’t get on psychs. A smooth glass orb felt like a dodecahedron and my girls voices had this reverb echoey static effect. It was pretty remarkable. I’ll definitely try 450 mic next time. Has anyone combined Dissociatives with this beauty? I’m thinking of using 20mg of dmxe after the peak begins to taper off.

Last edited:
Personally I have seen no uneven sheets of AL-LAD I bought it a few different times and have a few different quarter sheets. It seems like it takes longer for my tolerance to reset after doing it. I always wait a month between trips but with AL-LAD I wait even longer. So if you had a cracking good time on it, waited two weeks and it didn't work I would gravitate toward you just didn't wait long enough before the uneven blotters angle.
Also Buzz freaking isn't abnormal, no one is 100 percent able to say "it could never happen to me. " I took 600 mics and my behavior was almost certainly strange enough to warrant a trip to a padded room, but I live alone so no one to report me. It's a powerful drug and the difference between I can barely feel it and it's way too much is only like 75 mics. I haven't tried the new batch I still have lots of the old ones, which remain potent years later I did it about a month ago. Still my favorite drug

Yes, no amount of experience can prevent it, something just snaps, different than a panic attack or so.
After about hour 3 I came somewhat to my senses but I was already restrained by police.

Powerful drug indeed.

I’m about to take 375 mics today. I’ve used nitrous a a bunch on its own but never with psychs. Should I wait until post peak or is it okay to do it on the come up?

Found this very active at 150ug but 300ug+ is when it really began to shine.

It felt clearer headed for me compared to LSD and very positive. Also felt that the experience could go as negative as any LSD trip depending on the individual and dose.

I don’t know what the issue is but I don’t respond to psychs like I used to. At 425 mics I expected it to be more visual, but all I got was some faint greenish and purplish lines that formed vague little patterns. I used to get crazy defined geometric fractals composed of various bright colors, but now I feel like I can’t get there anymore. I seem to be more prone to confusion as well. I went to this bar in Hawaii while peaking and it was pretty bad. The disorientation was so severe that I forgot how to use my phone. Not sure if it’s because I’m older or my drug addled brain.