• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

I felt nervous whenever dosing it because the +/- 2-4mg accuracy inherent in any reasonably priced scale was enough to make or break a trip--the character of this compound at low 2-4mg doses is radically different from its character at higher 5-10mg doses and different still from doses beyond that..

I'm planning to try a low dose, and I have a cheap scale too. With this compound, I think it would be wise to weigh a larger dose, and then dilute it in order to reduce the margin of error. I wouldn't trust my scale for a 5 mg dose.

Been playing with this one lately. I had wanted to try it ever since... well, ever since I first read about it here, since people made it sound fun.

Luckily, I seem to get the good effects: it seems to be pro-social, pro-sexual, anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, and not really all that trippy. There's definitely a body load/muscle tension that can be pretty serious, though. Very few visuals, even with lots of cannabis. There's a sort of open-eyed visual "glow" or "fuzz" that I can't really describe... but I mostly noticed this in the immediately-after-orgasm state of intoxication, which might be a confounding factor. Despite the body load, kinesthesia is positive; I think I might try this at a rave at some point. Dancing to music on my laptop was pretty fun.

Consistent with prior reports, this seems to be okay at low doses as a mild entactogen; at higher doses it's probably a bad psychedelic. I don't think I'm going to bother to confirm the latter case myself.

I'm sort of wondering if the strange effects by smoking are caused by pyrolysis producing 5-MeO-NMT. The N-isopropyl substituent can be removed by a radical process:

R2NCH(CH3)2 --> R2NC*(CH3)2 (loss of H to give a radical, disfavoured)
R2NC*(CH3)2 <--> R2NCO2*(CH3)2 (addition of O2, reversible)
R2NCH(CH3)2 + R2NCO2*(CH3)2 --> R2NC*(CH3)2 + R2NCOOH(CH3)2
R2NCOOH(CH3)2 --> R2NH + [decomposition products] (peroxide elimination; irreversible)

Since the carbon has three substituents and is adjacent to a nitrogen atom, it should radicalize pretty easily. That would explain both the lower potency and the changed effects. If my guess is right, injected 5-MeO-MiPT should resemble the oral effects.

Last edited:
I'm planning to try a low dose, and I have a cheap scale too. With this compound, I think it would be wise to weigh a larger dose, and then dilute it in order to reduce the margin of error. I wouldn't trust my scale for a 5 mg dose.

Yeah definitely dilute it in some solvent like vodka. It dissolves really well, and it's nice to have the accurate dosing. The only downside is it will degrade faster in solution, so probably best not to dilute a whole bunch at a time. Or just accept that you'll loose some to degradation - this stuff is generally pretty affordable so no big deal really.

Consistent with prior reports, this seems to be okay at low doses as a mild entactogen; at higher doses it's probably a bad psychedelic. I don't think I'm going to bother to confirm the latter case myself.

Thats my impression as well.

I just had an idea regarding degradation in solution... wouldn't it be better to convert the salt into the free base and dissolve it in an organic solvent as opposed to an aqueous solution? I think this would pretty much rule out hydrolysis, but anyone correct me if I'm wrong... of course, after measuring the dose, you'd evaporate the solvent prior to consumption.

Definitely use volumetric dosing. The difference between 6 mg and 10 mg is a lot.

I never push it past 6mg as it way too rough on my body.

Does anybody have a rough idea of how quickly this stuff will degrade in a solution of basically standard vodka?

I've had some sitting in solution for about a month, in transparent glass at a temperature of around 15C, and dim light but not dark. Wondering if the degradation will be negligible or signifigant, so if I should adjust my dosage at all. I'm guessing it will be small degradation, so I might adjust a 5mg dose to say 6mg.

Does anybody have a rough idea of how quickly this stuff will degrade in a solution of basically standard vodka?

I've had some sitting in solution for about a month, in transparent glass at a temperature of around 15C, and dim light but not dark. Wondering if the degradation will be negligible or signifigant, so if I should adjust my dosage at all. I'm guessing it will be small degradation, so I might adjust a 5mg dose to say 6mg.
As far as I know the 5-meos DONT really have the problem 4-HOs have with degredation. While a 5mg o 6mg change won't really matter, I don't think you'll have to account for any degredation of its in an alcohol solution.

I recently tried 5-MeO-MiPT for the first time after reading so many great things about it. I absolutely love this compound. As far as I'm concerned, it burns 2c-b as an aphrodisiac. But what amazes me is the number of posts with people using 10-15mg. I only tried 5mg and for me it was a STRONG trip. For about a half hour during the come-up, I was really regretting my dose based on the body load and almost swore myself off psychedelics forever. But then I got through that phase relatively quickly and the erotic energy was absolutely spectacular. The mushroom-like visuals were also pretty strong, nothing remotely mild about this dose. There seemed to be an almost pinkish hue/blacklight-effect to my vision. I'd recommend anyone starting out to dose no higher than 5mg. Perhaps people using over 10mg have developed a tolerance, or maybe I’m more sensitive to this compound than others. But my experience seems to fit with Shulgins notes.

The second phase of this compound is absolutely wonderful – wrapped me in an indescribable sense of peace, love and awe at the gift of life. The music I was listening to had me floating in heaven. It seems that 5-MeO-MiPT demands a bit of a toll up front but the positives infinitely outweigh that. One of my new favorites.

I recently tried 5-MeO-MiPT for the first time after reading so many great things about it. I absolutely love this compound. As far as I'm concerned, it burns 2c-b as an aphrodisiac. But what amazes me is the number of posts with people using 10-15mg. I only tried 5mg and for me it was a STRONG trip. For about a half hour during the come-up, I was really regretting my dose based on the body load and almost swore myself off psychedelics forever. But then I got through that phase relatively quickly and the erotic energy was absolutely spectacular. The mushroom-like visuals were also pretty strong, nothing remotely mild about this dose. There seemed to be an almost pinkish hue/blacklight-effect to my vision. I'd recommend anyone starting out to dose no higher than 5mg. Perhaps people using over 10mg have developed a tolerance, or maybe I’m more sensitive to this compound than others. But my experience seems to fit with Shulgins notes.

The second phase of this compound is absolutely wonderful – wrapped me in an indescribable sense of peace, love and awe at the gift of life. The music I was listening to had me floating in heaven. It seems that 5-MeO-MiPT demands a bit of a toll up front but the positives infinitely outweigh that. One of my new favorites.

My experience correlates with yours. 5mg is the seet spot for me too. Combined it with mushrooms once (1gr dried) when 3-4mg 5MEOMIPT showed itself completely and it was wonderful :).

..., I could hear LE discussing my arrest with a lot of info that was partly very precise ad this went on for hours.
Has anybody else experienced such 'plot scenario' voices with this substance?

Yeah, but it was 3-meo-pcp, and lasted 6 days..... until I finally made bail... :\

Had about 5-6 milligrams of 5-meo-mipt with around 3-4 mgs oxyconten (sp??) yesterday. I thought it was going to be a boring trip with nothing to be gained, but about 4 hours in, I smoked a bowl of really good cannabis. Then it took off, becoming exceptionally and beautifully psychedelic. It took on a classic mushroom overtone. Came to terms with some vices and some dickheaded things/actions, and hopefully have made some choices that will improve mine and those around me quality of life. This is a great turning point for me and I think I'm going to clean up, be a more (outwardly) accepting/acceptable member of society.

Awesome man, yeah 5-MeO-MiPT is a gem, it's got a lot of sides to it. Primarily for me it's a social lubricant and energy alignment device, it always makes me feel great and motivated and understanding of my negative energy patterns. I once used it to kick myself out of a pretty serious slump. I've also had fully psychedelic periods on some trips, minus visuals. I recent;y got some again after many years, and I was sent about double what I ordered, so that's amazing. :) Since the dose is so low I will probably never run out.

I'm sort of wondering if the strange effects by smoking are caused by pyrolysis producing 5-MeO-NMT. The N-isopropyl substituent can be removed by a radical process:

R2NCH(CH3)2 --> R2NC*(CH3)2 (loss of H to give a radical, disfavoured)
R2NC*(CH3)2 <--> R2NCO2*(CH3)2 (addition of O2, reversible)
R2NCH(CH3)2 + R2NCO2*(CH3)2 --> R2NC*(CH3)2 + R2NCOOH(CH3)2
R2NCOOH(CH3)2 --> R2NH + [decomposition products] (peroxide elimination; irreversible)

Since the carbon has three substituents and is adjacent to a nitrogen atom, it should radicalize pretty easily. That would explain both the lower potency and the changed effects. If my guess is right, injected 5-MeO-MiPT should resemble the oral effects.

That's very interesting thank you for posting it. I attempted to smoke this material on several occasions and did not find it very enjoyable compared to the oral route. I eventually decided that it was both a waste of material and my time.

My intention was to see if smoking would allow me to skip "phase 1" (rolly phase) and achieve a short duration "phase 2" (psychedelic phase) type of trip. Instead I found that it was harsh to smoke, rocketed me into a state that was neither like "phase 1" or "phase 2", lacked in visuals compared to high-dose oral use, and left me in a speedy state for several hours after smoking it. The desire to re-dose with the smoked ROA was even worse than with oral and I re-dosed for several hours on two occasions without intending to do so at the start of the night. In short, it cause me to chase a state I could not obtain. Adding an oral dose on top of a previously smoked dose did not provide me with a good time either.

Best to avoid that ROA in my opinion although some do seem to enjoy it. Out of all my personal friends that tried it through both routes all preferred oral over smoking it.

Thanks to so many of you who have shared info on 5-MiO-MIPT!

Just got my first delivery of 5 grams yesterday and picked up some vodka to mix it in.

Put 15 ml. of warm water in a 15 ml. brown glass eye dropper forgetting to use the vodka. Then measured 75 mg. in my cheap Genisis scale and it dissolved immediately in the water. So I got 5 mg. per ml. of moxy in water instead of vodka.

Any suggestions of how to store this? Would it be better in the fridge? I'm hoping this'll help me cut down on my MXE use 4 to 5 times a week at 50 to 75 mgs. per day for 4 months. I hang upside down on my "teeter" inversion table several times when on MXE and just can't do it without it. At 58 the stretching has helped my depression better than Prosac or srooms or anything. But tolerance is building so hoping to taper with Moxy.

I've been eyeballing the MXE cuz I take 15 to 20 mg. doses 4 to 5 times over four hour periods when I do use it and I couldn't measure that small a dose. This measuring and mixing was kind of fun so I'll try the MXE too now and hopefully remember to use vodka.

I highly doubt that you will find 5-MeO-MiPT as a good substance to taper off of MXE with. Also, 5-MeO-MiPT is not the best when combined with a lot of other drugs, some combinations with it I seem to recall being toxic. Not sure if MXE was one but I'd be careful if I were you.

Thanks for the feedback Sean107. I didn't mean that I'd mix mxe and moxy but start replacing mxe with moxy.
Dam I'd of loved to get mxe in solution for more accurate dosing.

Thanks for the feedback Sean107. I didn't mean that I'd mix mxe and moxy but start replacing mxe with moxy.
Once again psychedelics are not really going to be suitable for tapering off of a drug addiction as Sean already pointed out. Unless you only use MXE like once every week or two, but that would hardly be an addiction. Of course there are always those cathartic trips that give perspective and could help one deal with a drug problem, but it sounds like you plan on using Moxy quite regularly. Besides, Ayahuasca, Ibogaine, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Salvia, etc. would probably be much more suited for this purpose than Moxy. Cannabis would probably be my recommendation for grounding a problem with another drug, but that's just how it works for me. Quitting all recreational drugs could very well be in your best interest, but I'm no doctor.

Hmm.. I've definitely noticed reduced urges to drink alcohol and snack on unhealthy sweets after I've tripped on 5-MeO-MiPT, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone found it a bit helpful in overcoming a drug dependancy.

Dam I'd of loved to get mxe in solution for more accurate dosing.

Just put the MXE into water. Dissociatives don't need to be tapered. You just quit them.