• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

had my first real taste of this stuff the other day and it's quite a unique tryptamine. I was amazed at how fast it kicked it, I even had a small snack like an hour before dosing (and this was a smaller dose) but within 15 minutes I was seeing streaks of purple and pink everywhere and felt like I was going to be tripping harder than anticipated. My biggest complaint is how short acting it is. I think somebody else said the same thing in of these threads but it's like there's no plateau; I came up really fast and strong and then peaked and started coming down. It's like the whole trip is just coming up and then coming down :\ very transient high, but it was nice at the peak. Others have described it as stimulating but I had no trouble going to bed at a reasonable hour. Tryptamines in general dont ever feel stimualting to me though.

Hearty, I strongly advise you not to use moxy more than once a week, bare minimum. I went through 100mg of this over 2 weeks, mostly 10-12 mg doses. This was over a year ago and I still have persistent mild to moderate cognitive and neurological abnormalities. The 5 subs are nowhere near as safe as the 4 subs, which are far more suited to the purpose you described.

Hearty, I strongly advise you not to use moxy more than once a week, bare minimum. I went through 100mg of this over 2 weeks, mostly 10-12 mg doses. This was over a year ago and I still have persistent mild to moderate cognitive and neurological abnormalities. The 5 subs are nowhere near as safe as the 4 subs, which are far more suited to the purpose you described.
I certainly don't mean to doubt your word, but in the past I've used as much as 40mg of 5-meo-mipt in a single night, and I've also tried using it multiple days in a row for various stretches. I've probably used somewhere around 300-500mg of material in total.

I've never noticed any neurological deficits.

I think it's a terrible substance to use daily for a number of reasons, including the memory impairment it induces, the slowly escalating vasoconstrictive side effects, and the potential for cardiac damage (mitral valve dysfunction, etc) due to 5ht2b agonism. But I highly doubt that it will induce any long-term neurological deficits.

Consider that it acts (if my memory serves) by agonism of 5ht1a, 5ht2b, and reuptake inhibition of norepinephrine and serotonin. It functions essentially like an snri + buspirone combination with added 5ht2b agonism.

Memory impairment in the short term seems very possible, but if it's been some time since you've used this drug I would recommend that you look to other causes for your difficulties.

Of course, this doesn't invalidate your advice: this substance isn't terribly suited for more than intermittent usage.

Last edited:
I've been reading this thread, and I do like the positive effects profile with this one. I'm also intrigued with 5-meo-amt per MKat's trip report. <- I kind of enjoy hell rides with maximum trippiness.

Damn it, I wish these 5 subs were as safe as the 4's. I would've definitely had a go with them otherwise.

If your body handles stimulation well 5-MeO-MiPT at fully psychedelic doses is quite the ride (I like doing 14-25mg depending on how deep I'm looking to go, never had any issues), depending on dose starts out very "lovey" but in the deep end it can get much darker & more "out there". The headspace is very unique, however, it has plenty of depth & intelligence yet is distinctly different from the "classic" psychedelic space, less focus on reality & the self, more of a sardonic & satirical look at society/culture (rather than "it's all a show", with moxy "it's all a joke", perhaps, with a detached observer attitude).

Definitely still gets into the more personal end sometimes, still, I've had plenty of useful/insightful trips on moxy, for example when I decided to throw out the MXE stash which was consuming me I was on moxy (in the 2nd stage where it gets more "heady", also coming down off what turned out to be my final MXE high) & pulled myself out of the worst drug habit of my life. There's something very appealing about this drug to me (unsurprising as I tend to love the more stimulating trips), it's great for when I want to trip but also wanna mix it up from my usual, more classically psychedelic compounds I use.

I have said this before, but I'll do so again to make sure it reaches those interested in IV use. Shulgin stated parenteral doses would need to be higher than oral doses for comparably intense effects, referring to his trials with inhaled 5-MeO-MiPT. This is NOT TRUE for intravenous doses, which are significantly stronger than oral doses of the same amount of substance! So make sure to start very low if you plan to inject this one intravenously as the bodyload is something else, at least in my experience.

Hello bluelight, this is my first post on the forum, although I been using it as a reference for more than a year now.
I wanted to share my experience with 5-Meo-MiPT as it is was my first RC, but only recently I had the occasion to fully "enjoy it".

The first two times I took it, it was in dosages at around 5 mg (I measured 6 mg but both times I dropped a little of the powder :p) and I felt that I didn't understand it's effects, but maybe it is because I'm not used to stimulants nor empathogens. My previous experiences had been with acid, mushrooms and a threshold 2C-P dose. One thing that surprised me was that unlike what most people report, the most prominent effect I got was visual distortion, I got crystal clear HD vision, and slowly developing patterning in certain surfaces, specially when looking at the clouds in which I would see "triangle-like" patterning and a very mild rainbow color layer. But apart from that I didn't get any headspace.

I did felt very anxious at one point though, and both times I tried the compound it was more or less at the middle of the trip. The first time it caught me off-guard because I passed from feeling almost-sober to feeling very very anxious and had an "almost blacked-out" sensation, it was very frightening. Did anyone else ever experience this in this or any other substance? I felt weak and dizzy, I've never had a panic attack but I guess it feels something similar to that. The second time I feared it would happen again, and i did, but as I was kind of expecting it I controlled it better and disregarded the feeling with deep breathing. It surprises me that this compound can do this to me, as the "mental" intensity of those trips was very, very mild. It still puzzles me.

I kind of put it away for a long time after that experiences, but two weeks ago I had a wonderful time on 7 mg of it. I was with my SO at a big park in my city, and I feel like the effects manifested much more clearly to me at this dose: A gentle energetic push, a pleasantly weird but completely controllable headspace, conceptual association was clearly stimulated, the visual aspect was mild, but very interesting and very unique, with lots of breathing and pattern recognition. Here it is the last days of autumn, so the trip was filled with a gentle sense of beautiful autumnal nostalgia, and the naked trees revealed us all their intricate internal symmetries, and the colors in the leaves and dry grass where astonishing. It was very gentle, fun, and connected us with the sheer beauty of nature and weather. In fact, I still feel the most prominent effect of this compound is visual, but in the sense that it acts, for me at least, as an enhancer of aesthetic appreciation. Every little detail seemed worth observing.

I can relate to the observation that has been already made that it feels like you come up and then come down, I didn't experience much of a plateau either. I always felt the effects where intensifying or diminishing, but that gave a "dynamic" aspect to the trip.

One "negative" side effect I noticed was that if we tried to sit down and stay in one place, some weird "negative energy" would slowly start creeping up on us and we would suddenly feel restless and uncomfortable. But it was easily fought back by staying in movement. We walked until our feet and legs where left hurting ! The next day I felt REALLY tired, but calm and happy.

Also, It did make me very hungry !!

Last edited:
I haven't touched this substance in awhile but I wanted to add a bit of information:

I went hiking on it again in the early spring, I did about 6-8mg mostly for the energy boost but also for the positive effects. After climbing one mountain and descending through a valley/spring I decided to re-dose and took another 5mg at the 2 hour mark. I found myself in a sea of visuals some time later and was having to remind myself often to take breaks and drink water. At one point the entire forest started to breath around me. Since I was way off the usual trails (was on a 10 mile loop) I only saw one or two people the entire day.

Sadly one of the people I did see was the local sheriff. I ascended a second mountain which is the main attraction of the state park. At the top of the climb I ran into him. He decided to approach me and we had a long conversation. I took my sunglasses off during this and instantly became paranoid about the fact that I was still tripping pretty hard and carrying on a conversation with the sheriff.

I don't know if he could tell that I was off but he didn't seem to care if he did. He told me to have a good day and started back down the trail. With that my paranoia subsided and I took in the view for awhile. I found I had over exerted myself once I set off back down the hill and was in a lot of pain due to my bad knee. The energy push caused me to over do things, there is no way I would have hiked that far with my pack sober with my bad knee.

That was the last time I took this substance. I gifted the rest of what I had to someone at the tail end of last year so this was the last of my stash. I don't plan on ordering anymore or taking it again although I still consider it one of the best substances for hiking. I'm content with taking mushrooms for this purpose now as I have less complications with them.

Also, while I feel this substance is pretty safe it did cause HPPD for many months after I stopped using it. I was playing with other substances during that time but I feel 5-meo-mipt contributed to the HPPD a lot since I was taking it so often. Be advised it can become a problem if you have lots of it laying around and are prone to seeking out altered states.

I agree that 5-MeO-MiPT is among the best hiking drugs, it doesn't really put you too out of yourself, leaves your social skills intact, provides energy and has a beautiful sharpening effect on sight, it reminds me of a more stimulating light dose of LSD. However it;s incredibly cheaper and also shorter than LSD, so though I prefer LSD for hiking, this one's a gem too. My favorite hiking drugs are mescaline and DOC, both for similar reasons.

They have their value, I mean the 4-subs seem to be better all around but some of the 5-MeOs are nice. I wouldn't try to have a powerful trip on one of them personally, but 5-MeO-MiPT at least makes for a great lower-dose thing.

I wonder if it's possible for someone to be particularly sensitive to the negative effects of the 5-meo's... I've had only scary & not good experiences ("just wait for it to end" sort of experiences) with both 5-meo-dmt and 5-meo-mipt.... Nothing similar with any other tryptamines. Weird?

Your response to the 5-MeO's is not at all strange. A fair number of people are indeed sensitive to these compounds. I'm not particularly vulnerable to them, but they are a bit less enjoyable than the 4-subs, or the plain tryptamines, for that matter.

I agree with Xorkoth; this one's perfect for a light-trip ... on my experience, doses under ten mg it can be very intense yet subtle at the same time, it's a weird state of mind that I find almost dream like. You know for sure that you are tripping, but at the same time can remain in complete control. Like a low dose of LSD but with more defined effects.

I agree that 5-MeO-MiPT is among the best hiking drugs, it doesn't really put you too out of yourself, leaves your social skills intact, provides energy and has a beautiful sharpening effect on sight, it reminds me of a more stimulating light dose of LSD. However it;s incredibly cheaper and also shorter than LSD, so though I prefer LSD for hiking, this one's a gem too. My favorite hiking drugs are mescaline and DOC, both for similar reasons.

I also find it good for fishing trips as long as you aren't driving the boat, although I did run the trolling motor for awhile one day on a low dose and my friend didn't even know I was tripping and said I didn't drive any worse than usual. If anything I'd done a better job at keeping up with where he was fishing a long the banks.

At the low-end it really makes you pay attention to details even though it makes me a bit spacey at times. I refused to drive in the main channels of course.

Listening said:
I wonder if it's possible for someone to be particularly sensitive to the negative effects of the 5-meo's... I've had only scary & not good experiences ("just wait for it to end" sort of experiences) with both 5-meo-dmt and 5-meo-mipt.... Nothing similar with any other tryptamines. Weird?

Some people do not react to this substance well at all. I shared my batch of 5-meo-mipt with many friends and I'd say 2 in every 10 or so either get nothing from it or only negative effects. A few seem to be able to tolerate low doses but unable to push it into the higher range without having panic attacks near the 2-3 hour mark (when it switches away from the "rolly" phase into the "tripping" phase).

If you've found that you only get negative reactions from it then continuing with this substance is probably not a good idea. In all honesty there isn't much there you can't get from older (proven) substances. The rolly phase is nowhere near as good as MDMA/MDA, the trippy phase is nowhere near as good as LSD/Mushrooms. While I enjoy 5-meo-mipt and I consider it a unique and novel experience it isn't something that has anything you're missing out on by not begin able to probably trip on it.

If you've found that you only get negative reactions from it then continuing with this substance is probably not a good idea...

Yea, I threw mine away after having a purely negative experience (first try and it was bad enough that I never wanted to try again) but have always wondered what the deal was, as I seem to be pretty tolerant of most psychedelics...

A few seem to be able to tolerate low doses but unable to push it into the higher range without having panic attacks near the 2-3 hour mark (when it switches away from the "rolly" phase into the "tripping" phase).

I had this on a low doses and found it really weird. My first couple of times I got, like you said, some kind of panic attack at the two/three hour mark. I dind't really notice the biphasic character most atribute to the trip, but near the middle of the trip I felt very anxious and uncomfortable, like I've never felt with any other substance. The rest of the trip was fine, and the "fear" passed rather quickly the second time I had it.

I find it weird that 5-Meo-MiPT can do this to me, being that it doesn't seem to alter my mind very drastically.

Anyway, my third trip was perfect, the main difference was that I kept myself a lot more active the whole time, so it might as well be a set and setting thing.

Only two psychedelics I ever disliked are this and 5-MeO-DMT.