• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

thanks, InterestingFACT! yeah i noticed the last time i tried it that being in a party environment with lots of moving around eased the negative side effects. when i'm in a lower-key environment the initial nausea always makes me want to sit down, but at the party i didn't even notice it. having a little food in the belly also seems to help.
Did you have experiences both with and without full stomach? Are you certain that it really helps? I'm about to try moxy but I kinda have a sensitivity to psychs regarding nausea.

@Goodwalt, yeah i definitely felt worse when i skipped a meal beforehand. a light meal an hour before took care of the nausea. some people just have a bad reaction to this stuff (i.e. projectile vomiting) regardless of what was in their bellies though.

Does anyone find 5 mg to be underwhelming?

Nope, though I have noticed some friends are fairly insensitive to the stuff. I'd be very wary with upping the dose though, wouldn't call the d/r-curve linear (2mg more means 200% the experience for me)

@Goodwalt, yeah i definitely felt worse when i skipped a meal beforehand. a light meal an hour before took care of the nausea. some people just have a bad reaction to this stuff (i.e. projectile vomiting) regardless of what was in their bellies though.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

vaporised a little bit of this one -5-MeO-Mipt- to see if it would ease my opiate withdrawals (post acute) and give me some nice energy after sleeping not more than 1 or three hours a night for the last two weeks, with a bad case of restless legs

......and i failed! or it failed to give me the desired effect; quite the opposite, lots of unwanted energy and anxiety... i inhaled just a little little bit of a whiff... i'm confident smoking such a minute amount saved me from having a panic attack

it was awful. definitely dis-recommended. don't do it, i did it for you so you don't have to use it when suffering withdrawals. I actually tried twice on different days just to make sure

i already had a few good experiences with this same chemical when not withdrawing

Yea taking it during opioid withdrawal is not advised at all. This chemical already has a weird body load and dealing with that on top of the psychical and mental effects of opioid withdrawal isn't fun.

I dosed it one day after begin on hydrocodone for about a week and it made me feel awful. I'm a bit of an opiate lightweight now but back in my day I wasn't and would regularly go through horrible withdrawals from oxymorphone when I'd run out. I'd take those days over minor withdrawal + moxy any day of the week.

I haven't had the muscle tension but I also haven't pushed it above 8 mg. Will have to try 10 and 12 on its own some time to see what it's about.

Be careful pushing the dose, as you increase the dose the character of the substance changes a lot. Everything above 10mg is pretty powerful for me, 15+ begin almost too much.

definitely
10mg is maybe double the effect of 6mg
but theres nothing to worry for your safety. Ive read report of 40mg. so even 15 mg is ultra safe physically.

but theres nothing to worry for your safety. Ive read report of 40mg. so even 15 mg is ultra safe physically.

i think that is a dangerous assumption. every person responds differently. black market vendors sometimes misrepresent and/or cut their product. Shuglin reported the dosage range of this chemical as 4-6mg oraly. he had decades of experience with many participants in his test groups and many drugs. if he said 6mg was the maximum recommended dosage window there was probably a reason. always start low ~1mg and work the dosage up spacing experiences out at least a week.

https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal40.shtml

Last edited:
I think I saw a report of someone taking 80 mg of this and called it the trip of their life. I can't see that I would ever push it past 15 even.

i think that is a dangerous assumption. every person responds differently. black market vendors sometimes misrepresent and/or cut their product. Shuglin reported the dosage range of this chemical as 4-6mg oraly. he had decades of experience with many participants in his test groups and many drugs. if he said 6mg was the maximum recommended dosage window there was probably a reason. always start low ~1mg and work the dosage up spacing experiences out at least a week.

https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal40.shtml

thats no assumption, 10mg is ime about double the dosage of 6mg. 6mg is a bit underwhelming. 10mg is pretty strong. ive never went higher then 10mg though and just began my experiment with this compound.

as for vendor mislabeling stuff, this goes without saying to allergy test any products but most importantly use a good reputable vendor!

IME shulgin tends to dose pretty low in his books on most things. I cant remember any specif examples but his high dose is usually the starting point with alot of stuff like 2cs and 4subs ime..i use his books for a general dose reference but ive foud my doses usually dont match his. Im not a hardhead at all either or lightweight just regular i guess lol

IME shulgin tends to dose pretty low in his books on most things. I cant remember any specif examples but his high dose is usually the starting point with alot of stuff like 2cs and 4subs ime..i use his books for a general dose reference but ive foud my doses usually dont match his. Im not a hardhead at all either or lightweight just regular i guess lol

Yeah I've noticed this as well. I always assumed it was due to very high purity of product and a naturally low tolerance on his part.

Shulgin's dosage recommendations tend to be on the low side, but not always. 2C-E is a good example. For that drug, he gives a range of 10-25mg, yet many people find 15mg to be a pretty full dose (solid +++ territory). 20mg feels like twice as much, and anything beyond that can be just plain chaotic. To be sure, there are folks that regularly take more than 25mg, but nearly all of these have considerable tolerance in their system (due to over-frequent use of serotonin agonists) and/or are on a regimen of prescription antidepressants (which usually dull the effects of psychedelics) and/or are on a benzodiazepine (ditto).

Anyhow, regarding 5-MeO-MiPT, 6mg is nice, 9mg is my preferred dose, and 12mg is my maximum.

5-MEO-MiPT is indeed a very interesting substance, but I do prefer the synergetic effects created between it and, for example, Allylescaline. By itself, there is a certain hollow bleakness underlying the experience, a sort of emotional detachment reminiscent of being an observer rather than an active participant in what's going on. It's sort of hard to put one's finger on. Regarding dosages, it seems that the purity might differ greatly depending on where in the world you buy it. We've got a couple of vendors selling it here in Sweden, and judging from the batches that have been sold here for about 2 1/2 years, 10 milligrams by itself is not very powerful (unless combined with something).

I haven't done the 5-MEO+Allylescaline combo in a while though (a little more than a year, I think), but I'm planing on giving it a go tomorrow. Have mostly dabbled with LSD, 25i- and 25c-nbome and 4-HO-MET for the last year, so it will be refreshing to get back to 5-MEO. But I'm a bit uncertain about the dosage; in the past I've done 50 mg of Ally and 10 mg of 5-MEO (same batch as I have now), and it's brought me to a clear +++ with very colourful and lively visuals. But I feel like pushing it slightly more to see what the result will be, perhaps bringing it up to 15 mg of 5-MEO. Has anyone tried this in said combination? Perhaps even more? The though also occurred to me to take another 10 mg of 5-MEO about 3-4 hours after the first dose, but I'm not sure how this would be affected by tolerances, etc. In my experience it's better to bring it up to a certain dose from the start rather than upping it as you go along (when it comes to similar substances, of course). Thoughts?

Not my fav drug anymore lol it was combined with 4 aco dmt which ifind is the only way I can get a nice feeling.alone it's stoning at low doses and very stimulating at high doses. Does make music very awesome tho