• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

for me this unrelentless onset induces some kind of panic attack in the first minutes until i'm somewhat "certain" that i'm still breathing. anyone tried preloading a benzodiazepine for calming reasons? or is respiratory depression getting worse like with benzosdiazipines & alcohol?

There's no risk for respitary depression, as 5-MeO-DMT raises your heart rate very much, it's very stimulating. Benzo's could probably help, but the onset is so powerful you would have to take a huge dose of benzo's which would dampen the experience (too) much. I've never done it with 5-MeO-DMT but I've once smoked DMT on a beta blocker (I didn't take it because of the DMT, but the beta blocker was still very active) and it took away very much of the psychedelia. This I've also notice with 4-subs, I just get such a high blood pressure on some 4-subs I feel like I have to take a beta blocker and it really takes away very much of the "trippyness".

Edit: You are breathing, both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can induce a feeling, especially on the onset, that you're not breathing. Also on 5-MeO-DMT people quite often forget to breath out after inhaling the smoke as the 5-MeO-DMT has already hit you. Of course they breath out eventually but the onset kind of makes some people to forget to exhale the smoke, keeping it in the lungs for quite some time.

Last edited:
12 milligrams was smoked. A rushing sensation was felt starting at the base of my spine and going up the center of my body. This powerful feeling was the major feature of this experience as there really wasn't anything to see. At about 90 seconds I started hearing a powerful sound that was not coming from the ears. It was like tinnitus only a lower note maybe an octive below middle A. This was not a breakthrough dose so I never lost ego-control. I could see around the room everything was moving on the surface but there were no closed eye visuals other than the swirling purple clouds going down the drain which is what I've always seen with my eyes closed. Feelings and emotions were powerful but impossible to describe. The Sound receded about 4 or 5 minutes in. I had not been able to decide if this is enjoyable or not - are we having fun yet? But at about this point I decided I liked what was happening. I began to feel very positive. Thoughts were rushing through my mind. I have an important financial decision I need to make and the answer just popped out, as though the drug told me the answer. I thought about Spring and Summer and how much I like those seasons and all the things I like to do.

At about 19 minutes I felt I was close to baseline enough to get up but the legs were rubbery and the mind woozy and I was a little nauseous. The slight dizziness and nausea lasted a few hours. In the 24 hours since the experience I've felt a marked increase in the positiveness of my general outlook. I've battled depression for years and I know all about judging my mood and outlook and I've definitely experienced a anti-depressive effect from the experience.

That's the easy part to explain. The feeling going up my body at the time felt like the universe itself flowing through me. I read some James Oroc in preparation and he claims he was atheist until trying 5-MEO-DMT. I have been telling people I'm atheist in recent years but, in truth, I think I'm really agnostic, I just like to provoke and argue with Christians. That powerful feeling flowing through me, what the hell was it? I can see that a person who does believe in God could interpret it as blessings from the lord flowing through him or her. But I don't believe in that right?

I think I'm going to stop calling myself an atheist and go back to agnostic, because I just don't know. I think 12 milligrams of 5-MEO-DMT just flipped the God bit in me at least partially.

^^ i tried puffing some 5-meo-dmt while on mxe, and all i remember is being very confused and not being able to comprehend anything really.

Have you ever tried it orally before? If not, I'd not jump into the deep end, but slowly build your dose from a couple of mgs. Adverse reactions have occured when combining it with MAOi's: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_health.shtml. Anyway, please let us know how it went! I'm planning on combining it with MAOi's in the upcoming months, but I think I'll start with =< 3 mg + 30 gr caapi to be sure.

I guess it should. Start low, monitor bodily changes closely and tell us how it went!

So I did a large dose for my first time.
23 mg, smoked.

It's so insanely intense, not like anything I've every tried. So chocked by the intensity and I feelt like puking because of it a couple of times.
I was somewhere between dying, dead and having a epilepsy attack while time ceased to exist. I was somehow able to keep the trip between ok and mild panic.
I want to say that reason I didn't panic was because of my psychedelic experince but to be fair it could just as well gone to hell.

But I'm very intrigued by it and I want to do a larger dose ( but this time prepared for it ) but I don't want to black out.
Have this happend to people and in that case at what doses?
Because even after this time it's hard to remeber the trip and if you would remeber less if you take bigger dose it woulsd be such a waste ( have very little to work with )

Note:
I don't have epilepsy it's just based on what I've seen on TV \o/.

Got hold of a lil' bit of this one and wanted to ask for a good ROA (besides smoking) and starting dose? Since oral (without an MAOI) seems pretty mild, i thought of trying it intranasal. Any suggestions?

Btw, are there any known fatals when combining 5-MeO-DMT with Syrian Rue in proper doses? Is it dangerous if used correctly?

Thanks a lot!

For me personally smoking was the preferred ROA. But be careful with dosage, 5-MeO-DMT is a potent substance in any manner.

Concerning your question on combining Harmala and 5-MeO-DMT (from Erowid):
Contraindication : 5-MeO-DMT and MAOIs Although 5-MeO-DMT is present in some plants used in ayahuasca and in some ayahuasca brews, Erowid has received several reports of very troubling physical reactions in people who have ingested 5-MeO-DMT with MAOI harmala alkaloids. There appears to be the risk of severe hypertensive symptoms, overheating, serotonin syndrome, etc. It is important to note that the profile of these risks are not fully understood, because the long history of use of brews containing some amount the two in combination.

^ Thanks a lot for your reply. Perhaps i'm really thinking about smoking this one...but i normally don't smoke and thinking about smoking some powder really puts me off. Any dosage suggestions for both perhaps, smoking and intranasal?

Is there that much difference between those two ROAs?

it is general consensus that 5-MeO-DMT is not active orally; but then, there is also the claim of Jonathan Ott that this is in fact wrong, see http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conference_ayahuasca1.shtml . there is the statement

He tested the 5MeO oral activity and found it "quite dramatically orally active"

30 mg 5MeO orally active alone. Pharmacologically identical to snuffing or inhaling, salt not necessary, all his work was with the freebase.
I just discussed this in a german forum and decided I could not live with the uncertainty any longer, so I gelcapped 10 mg 5-MeO-DMT freebase and swallowed it. that was about half an hour ago, and to my own surprise, I am feeling an uncertain threshold effect (+/- on the Shulgin scale) now...

anyone else tried this compound orally? I guess I'll just have to repeat this experiment with higher dosage some day to get certainty...

I would be very interested in reading more about your future experiences with oral 5-MeO-DMT.

Me too.

Just tested it via insufflation @ 10mgs and it was nice, nothing spectacular but nice enough to do it again.

15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT HCL produced effects, but those were weaker than approx. 5 mg insufflated, so it was quite light. Nevertheless, something was definitely present.

15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT HCL produced effects, but those were weaker than approx. 5 mg insufflated, so it was quite light. Nevertheless, something was definitely present.
I assume you are talking about oral ingestion here as well?

Indeed, as far as I remember. A proportion may have been sublingual though, it's been too long ago.

I can't see the point in large doses of this. I tried 15mg, and it was perfect. As in, I felt perfect for the duration. It was like dying, in a very good way.

As I've said before in the social thread, I tried 25mg and was making whale noises into the floor for half an hour xD. Thing is, I can't remember it. And none of my friends can remember their experiences on what must have been 'breakthroughs'. This confuses me. My experience on 25mg must have been intense... but it was pointless. Last thing I remember was my vision, of the pipe, just shattering, and then the next thing I'm aware of is being sat on the floor in a different room.

Anybody else experience these blackouts?

Personally I haven't, although I have heard a strange story from a friend about rolling on the floor, while feeling quite sober(?).