• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-DMT Thread - Second Launch

I think I might finally sample some of my 5-meo-dmt for the first time tomorrow. I got some fresh oil burners so I wont have to worry about any resin from other chems contaminating my trip. What is the best way to inhale it. Should I hold the flame under the bubble until I see vapor swirling around the inside and gently breath in. Thinking about starting with maybe 8-10mg. Would that be ok for a first timer that is very experienced with other psychedelics? Is this drug good with music or is silence better? I was thinking of playing some instrumental stuff like explosions in the sky.

i personaly prefer to keep music at a very low volume and some very uneventful music too

I was thinking of playing some instrumental stuff like explosions in the sky.

I always listen to that kind of music while tripping, i love that band i'm sure it will be ok, also something like Mogwai, Amiina, Deerhoof, God is an Astronaut, Giardini di mirò and Sigur Rós should fit well.

Last time i snorted 5-Meo-DMT i was listening to The Fiery Furnaces (Bitter Tea) and Mr.Gnome (Madness in Miniature) but these are more psychedelic and experimental rock, anyway my favourite ones while tripping, they make the experience even more spectacular enhancing the OEVs.
Tbh i need good music with any substance while tripping, expecially if i'm alone.

That day i used 20 mg of the fumarate and it was really intense trip but not a good one for me, i don't like this sort of chemicals, too fast and aggressive onset, within few minutes i was really high and confused, i was a pretty bad experience like i had on salvia, start low imo.

Gl

Last edited:
I can't see the point in large doses of this. I tried 15mg, and it was perfect. As in, I felt perfect for the duration. It was like dying, in a very good way.

As I've said before in the social thread, I tried 25mg and was making whale noises into the floor for half an hour xD. Thing is, I can't remember it. And none of my friends can remember their experiences on what must have been 'breakthroughs'. This confuses me. My experience on 25mg must have been intense... but it was pointless. Last thing I remember was my vision, of the pipe, just shattering, and then the next thing I'm aware of is being sat on the floor in a different room.

Anybody else experience these blackouts?

I experienced an insane blackout on a combination of substances, including AMT, a-PVP, a small amount of DMT smoked and 15mg of 5-MeO-DMT. I was launched into a spaceless void. In the beginning the nothingness was very uncomfortable, but then a sensation of overwhelming euphoria grew on me, and then I blacked out completely. I awoke later surrounded by my friends and parents, they said that I had been thrashing around uncontrollably, shouting "I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU", and that they had to sit on me in order to stop me from hurting myself.

I think I might finally sample some of my 5-meo-dmt for the first time tomorrow. I got some fresh oil burners so I wont have to worry about any resin from other chems contaminating my trip. What is the best way to inhale it. Should I hold the flame under the bubble until I see vapor swirling around the inside and gently breath in. Thinking about starting with maybe 8-10mg. Would that be ok for a first timer that is very experienced with other psychedelics? Is this drug good with music or is silence better? I was thinking of playing some instrumental stuff like explosions in the sky.

Not to judge, but some of the folks who posted here sound a little nutty with their dosages. 10mg is the max I've ever taken, and is the max I have ever given anyone who wished to have the experience. On a personal level, I consider myself pretty darn experienced with psychedelics since I've been tripping for more than half my life...when it comes to 5-MeO-DMT; 10mg caused a full amnesia experience with nothing of any value to bring back. 7mg is the perfect dosage, gives me the full shebang and I can remember it too (that is key). I am confident in these dosages because I have shared it with a number of people and 7-10mg is always plenty no matter who I share it with. For the most part, it really doesn't matter if you listen to music or not, a white-out trip to the milky is what happens and you don't bring your ego with you to hear any music...at least that is how it works for me....suppose music is nice when you come back to your body. Now DMT...different story, I will get a little nutty and don't think twice about smoking 100mg, but of course that is a whole different animal.

Just had my first experience with this compound. Approx 7mg smoked. Immediately a Sense of heaviness came over me like someone throwing a lead blanket over me. This was accompanied by a deep fear that manifested itself in nausea. I found myself retching into the garbage can but didnt vomit. I asked for some music to be played (the room with me and two friends had been silent) and tried to relax. A sense of relaxation then swept over my body and gave me sensations all over my skin. I felt very lethargic and sedated as I reclined on the couch. It wore off after a few minutes, leaving behind a gentle and wholesome afterglow. As of right now I cant decide whether or not I like it. The thought of higher doses both intrigues and frightens me, as I know theres more there to be had. Not sure if I can handle it though

I thought you said heavenliness for a second, which is what I got from 5-MeO-DMT sans the fear, body load or vomiting. But I insufflated it (sometimes with ketamine) and did not go extremely high...

My sterile vials arrived this week, so as soon as I get some filters and syringes I will be preparing a solution by making the citrate, to use for I.M.
Hopefully it will be very efficient that way and relatively gentle, at least less messy than snorting or smoking considering I don't mind injecting anymore since my K days.

I wonder how it combines with MXE, there could be problems since 5-MeO-DMT can be a strong drug physically (apparently much more dangerous with MAOIs than N,N-DMT for example) and MXE does not play well with everything.

i find mixing 5meodmt with some mxe much more smoother & with no anxiety. iv combined them in high and low doses and haven't had any negative interactions. 3meopcp works good too. i have yet to try with ketamine that will be the best combo surely

solipsis said:
I wonder how it combines with MXE, there could be problems since 5-MeO-DMT can be a strong drug physically (apparently much more dangerous with MAOIs than N,N-DMT for example) and MXE does not play well with everything.

MXE seems to play poorly with most serotonergic agents, possibly including direct agonists (per a couple alarming anecdotes). I know that 5-meo-dmt blocks monoamine transport to some extent. Anyone know whether SERT is involved (stupid journal article pay-walls!)?

ebola

I thought you said heavenliness for a second, which is what I got from 5-MeO-DMT sans the fear, body load or vomiting. But I insufflated it (sometimes with ketamine) and did not go extremely high...

My sterile vials arrived this week, so as soon as I get some filters and syringes I will be preparing a solution by making the citrate, to use for I.M.
Hopefully it will be very efficient that way and relatively gentle, at least less messy than snorting or smoking considering I don't mind injecting anymore since my K days.

I would like to read your procedure for making 5-meo-dmt citrate...i have always wanted a vial of 5-meo-dmt. I have a friend that blacks out on higher doses. I do not have this problem, when I eat mushrooms I usally smoke 5-meo-dmt during or after the peek and usally remeber everythang remarkably whell. I usally dont weigh doses I regulate by the number of hits I take...but i love 5-meo-dmt and I am an exeption so please dont do this unless you have alot of experince with it.

Well, I'm close to done gathering equipment (fresh IM needles, wheel micron filter...) and the plan is this:

10 mg I.M. would be waaay to much but I still might make a 10 mg/ml concentration, simply for the convenience of the number. Perhaps 5 mg/ml if I decide that otherwise the usual volumes will be annoyingly small, but I'd rather not ever have to inject twice with a 1 ml syringe if I go over 5 mg.
So let's say 10 mg/ml. My vials can contain 20 ml, but let's say I want to make 10 ml because I'd rather not waste 200 mg if it turns out that it degrades quickly in solution. 10 ml x 10 mg/ml = 100 mg 5-MeO-DMT.

I will just use crystal citric acid to salt the stuff and dissolve it in physiological concentration saline. Recently I did the calculation and stoichiometrically it would take virtually as much weight of citric acid as weight of 5-MeO-DMT freebase for a 1:1 molar ratio (it would be a slight excess of acid, which I will almost certainly need).

So I take 100 mg citric acid and dissolve it in perhaps 2 ml of saline if I can. I want to use as little as possible because a high concentration should mean a faster salting reaction and it seems better to top off with the rest of the saline later.
When the acid is dissolved I start adding the 5-MeO-DMT.
The tricky part is that I might need a bigger excess of acid to properly salt all the 5-MeO-DMT but I won't just keep adding it because the more acidic it will be the more it will probably sting. But what's tricky is that if the 5-MeO-DMT stops dissolving I cannot be sure if I need more saline or more acid.
I guess I will then try adding another part of the saline, and try to see if there is any change of the amount of 5-MeO-DMT that will probably float on top. If little or no change I will add a modest amount of extra citric acid and observe what happens. Hopefully it will show me what is needed.

I continue until all 5-MeO-DMT is dissolved, add saline until it is at the full 10 ml and run it through a 0.2 µm filter into the sterile vial.

If I can get my hands on it I might add a little benzyl alcohol to preserve it, but for the time being this is it. I will store it in the fridge and check for precipitation regularly.

On another note I am considering reconstituting noopept in acetic acid, but that is just an idea unlike the vials of 5-MeO-DMT, MXE and a few other things that I will be preparing soon.

Thank you for that info solipsis!! I thank I have everythang you have listed I may just have to.give this a shot tomorow. Thanks again

Thank you for that info solipsis!! I thank I have everythang you have listed I may just have to.give this a shot tomorow. Thanks again

No problem! Only I made a bit of a mistake: citric acid is a triprotic acid, which means that the molecules have 3 (acidic) carboxyl groups each.
If it were true that upon dissolution all of these groups would be able to protonate 5-MeO-DMT then it would be just as simple as using 3 times as much 5-MeO-DMT (moles / molecules) as citric acid. Which would be 3 times the weight since like I said the molecules have masses that are almost equal.

However this is not true, citric acid is a weak acid and the rate at which these groups deprotonate is complex and can be thought of to happen in 3 steps.
Not sure if I will be able to use the 3 dissociation constants to figure out when there are enough protons to salt the 5-MeO-DMT, and adding the 5-MeO-DMT will further complicate these equilibria.

I think it's best to just try this experimentally instead, by starting off with only half of the amount of citric acid I said earlier and adding more if it proves to be necessary. If this is done carefully there should not be so much of an excess that it would sting the living shit out of your muscles.

Pharmacokinetic interactions between MAO-A inhibitor harmaline and 5-MeO-DMT and the impact of CYP2D6 Status.

5-MeO-DMT is a newer designer drug belonging to a group of naturally occurring indolealkylamines. Our recent study has demonstrated that coadministration of monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) inhibitor harmaline (5 mg/kg) increases systemic exposure to 5-MeO-DMT (2 mg/kg) and active metabolite bufotenine.

This study is aimed at delineating harmaline and 5-MeO-DMT pharmacokinetic (PK) interactions at multiple dose levels, as well as the impact of (CYP2D6) that affects harmaline PK and determines 5-MeO-DMT O-demethylation to produce bufotenine. Our data revealed that inhibition of MAO-A-mediated metabolic elimination by harmaline (2, 5 and 15 mg/kg) led to a sharp increase in systemic and cerebral exposure to 5-MeO-DMT (2 and 10 mg/kg) at all dose combinations. A more pronounced effect on 5-MeO-DMT PK was associated with greater exposure to harmaline in wild-type mice than CYP2D6-humanized (Tg-CYP2D6) mice.

Harmaline (5 mg/kg) also increased blood and brain bufotenine concentrations that were generally higher in Tg-CYP2D6 mice. Surprisingly, greater harmaline dose (15 mg/kg) reduced bufotenine levels. The in vivo inhibitory effect of harmaline on CYP2D6-catalyzed bufotenine formation was confirmed by in vitro study using purified CYP2D6. Given these findings, a unified PK model including the inhibition of MAO-A- and CYP2D6-catalyzed 5-MeO-DMT metabolism by harmaline was developed to describe blood harmaline, 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine PK profiles in both wild-type and Tg-CYP2D6 mouse models. This PK model may be further employed to predict harmaline and 5-MeO-DMT PK interactions at various doses, define the impact of CYP2D6 status, and drive harmaline-5-MeO-DMT pharmacodynamics.

I finally got around to trying your procedure solipsis...but on a very small scale. I started with 5mg of citric acid in .5ml I then added 11mg of 5-meo-dmt to the solution which eventually went into solution with some sturring. This was then filtered with a .2micron whel filter...i then passed anouther .2ml through the filter to flush what remained in the filter. A friend came over why I was finishing so I did not get to enjoy the fruits of my labor yet...im hoping there is not to much acid...what do you thank??

Did you check if nothing was left behind, in the filter for example? Not that I am so very surprised that it seems to have worked but always good to confirm..

I think this is nice to hear, and if 5 mg citric acid for 11 mg 5-MeO-DMT worked maybe 4 mg citric acid can also work for 12 mg 5-MeO-DMT. Why put in more acid if it is not necessary right? Although I really doubt that a little acid would be an issue. If there is ever a situation where large amounts of acid cannot be avoided, maybe mixing in a local anaesthetic is an option... not really sure how bad it is for your muscle / how much worse than lactic acid from exercise.

Does anyone know if it is best to dissolve ascorbic acid in tryptamine solutions? Not that I have pure ascorbic acid and not sure if you can extract vitamin pills by running it through several stages of filtering to get any and all solid matter completely out --> coffee filter, then whatman filter, then micron filter (and allowing it to settle before the whatman step), or if I have to I got vacuum glass filters at my father's house.

Damn it might be pretty awesome to make DMT ascorbate! 2 birds with one stone?

Thanks for letting me know so that I can skip trying it on microscale and proceeding with maybe 50 or 100 mg first with 5-MeO-DMT then also synthetic DMT.

I also want to check color and smell to get a reference point for those, for both trypts.

And I will also dissolve MXE and 3-MeO-PCE, each their own nice little vial. I received my needles, I only need to pick up a couple wheel filters at the pharmacy, then I am all set to make these preparations.

Tomorrow evening I have training and after that I am visiting a friend, so I won't be trying any of these before saturday. On saturday I think I might give 5-MeO-DMT a "shot" to see what tiny doses do, then working my way up slowly to see the quality of effects with IM.

Then after those trials I am probably going to make it a nice evening with MXE

Last edited:
I belive you could use less acid than i did.

Did you check if nothing was left behind, in the filter for example?

If i am understanding you correctly...everythang dissolved and there was nothing left in the filter...i passed the .2ml through it to flush out any liquid that may be left in the filter.

Thanks for letting me know so that I can skip trying it on microscale and proceeding with maybe 50 or 100 mg first with 5-MeO-DMT then also synthetic DMT.

No problem...thanks for the info to help me do this!!!

Then after those trials I am probably going to make it a nice evening with MXE

me experinces with 5-meo-dmt and k were amazing...i wont do k anymore...but i am glad i tried so i have the experince.