• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

getting closer and closer to the weekend. i can't wait to research this chemical. The vendor yours came from wouldn't send you out the improper chemical. This thread seems like you're just trying to discredit him. I believe they're the best at what they do.

getting closer and closer to the weekend. i can't wait to research this chemical. The vendor yours came from wouldn't send you out the improper chemical. This thread seems like you're just trying to discredit him. I believe they're the best at what they do.
Aw, come on, man! The vendor probably didn´t do it on purpose. if he did it at all.
There has been several reports of very reputable vendors mixing shipments up, leading to some very bad accidents. Vendors are humans too, and not perfect robots.
Some people got 2cp instead of Buphedrone. And some of the deaths from bromo-Dragonfly happened because they thought they had received 2cb-fly!

No ones trying to discredit any one here. Just trying to find out all possibilities about how come 2 people have found this compound to be inactive at 10 times the supposed regular dose.

I'm hoping my sample will arrive today, I plan on vapourizing 10-15mg, I'm surprised more haven't tried this as it's freebase already.

@Ralt. There is:
I attempted a vaporization with the freebase:

3mg, aluminum foil & a lighter. Slow, low heat was applied. It liquefied soon, closely following through with a noticable vapor once medium heat was applied. The vapor was held for 30 seconds. By +45 seconds, most full effects were felt. Light visions, a body high (very enjoyable), and a more than usually content mind follows. +15 minutes: Same physical and mental activity. Achieved a strong calmness when eyes closed. +30 minutes: 10-15 minutes were spent with eyes closed, having dissociated thoughts. +40 minutes: Dimishing effects occuring. Ate some food. +50-60 minutes: Most effects gone. Nap was taken.

Edit:
Be sure to report back :) I´m also particularly interested in the effects smoked

I said I'm surprised *more* people haven't tried it, I read that and the activity of 3mg made me very excited.

how soluble is the freebase in ethanol? and meprocin would sound better if the prefix me has a long e sound. i dislike the short e pronounciation of metocin so i apply the same rule for it to not sound like medicine. but then again the phosphoryloxy and acetoxy analogues would sound like pirate talk. miprocin for me has a long i sound as well. i say this name may be destined to sound stupid.

Aw, come on, man! The vendor probably didn´t do it on purpose. if he did it at all.
There has been several reports of very reputable vendors mixing shipments up, leading to some very bad accidents. Vendors are humans too, and not perfect robots.
Some people got 2cp instead of Buphedrone. And some of the deaths from bromo-Dragonfly happened because they thought they had received 2cb-fly!

No ones trying to discredit any one here. Just trying to find out all possibilities about how come 2 people have found this compound to be inactive at 10 times the supposed regular dose.

Aw come on man, I know vendors are human, and accidents happen, this also makes me question why anyone would dose themselves with 100mg of a chemical in one sitting, especially since vendors are human and accidents happen. This compound is pretty much brand new, having 1 report at 8 mg before this week. I'm not trying to get on anyones bad side, but the entire thread looks like its trying to discredit said vendor. That vendor however, I believe, is actually intelligent, and with 4 products ; I don't believe he would mistakenly send you the wrong chemical.

You just said it yourself:
I know vendors are human, and accidents happen,

No, matter how good a reputation vendors have, they make mistakes.

it´s a totaly plausible explanation for why two people haven´t felt any effects.

Do you remember what your order looked like psood? Maybe you can compare once you get that new sample. Does anyone have the dpt and 4-ho-mpt side by side?

It's good they offered some more of the product to you, seems they have confidence in their ways at least. I don't see why they wouldn't if they really didn't have dpt at that time.

Hah, I just checked my email for a reply to an inquiry I sent earlier today about the stock dates of DPT with the vendor. Apparently DPT wasn't in stock until 2 days after my order went out. Again this becomes a total mystery! None of their other current products has a dosage as high as DPT. I thought finally I had a proper understanding of this. But no, once again it's totally inexplicable and unsatisfying.

EDIT: After further communication the vendor has offered to send a free sample as a good faith measure.

Thats cool that hes doing that what is he sending you out in return?

Just placed an order. Guess ill have to find out for myself what ll the hype's about

I did not email them yet. I can't prove it was DPT, but yeah, it's certainly worth a shot, especially if they aren't following this thread or the thread in the other forum. They should absolutely be made aware of this (very plausible) explanation so that they refine their methods of shipment preparation for greater safety.

Hah, I just checked my email for a reply to an inquiry I sent earlier today about the stock dates of DPT with the vendor. Apparently DPT wasn't in stock until 2 days after my order went out. Again this becomes a total mystery! None of their other current products has a dosage as high as DPT. I thought finally I had a proper understanding of this. But no, once again it's totally inexplicable and unsatisfying.

Maybe I'm just overthinking here, but who emailed whom first? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

And seriously, man, why would you dose yourself so heavily and unconventionally right away? You could have severely hurt yourself or worse.

I'm not trying to get on anyones bad side, but the entire thread looks like its trying to discredit said vendor.

I also get the feeling you're trying to discredit the vendor, but why? He's always seemed clean and professional to me.

ClearCreme: it all took place in a matter of minutes, by "earlier in the day" I actually minutes ago, heh. I was juggling email and homework and different forums and editing and re-editing posts in numerous places so things got a bit short and I wasn't making the best word choices. You suggested I email them, I did, then they answered almost immediately. The sample was white and came in a 1 cm X 1 cm baggie. From the pictures posted on the vendor's site I don't think there's any telling them apart.
getting closer and closer to the weekend. i can't wait to research this chemical. The vendor yours came from wouldn't send you out the improper chemical. This thread seems like you're just trying to discredit him. I believe they're the best at what they do...

Aw come on man, I know vendors are human, and accidents happen, this also makes me question why anyone would dose themselves with 100mg of a chemical in one sitting, especially since vendors are human and accidents happen. This compound is pretty much brand new, having 1 report at 8 mg before this week. I'm not trying to get on anyones bad side, but the entire thread looks like its trying to discredit said vendor. That vendor however, I believe, is actually intelligent, and with 4 products ; I don't believe he would mistakenly send you the wrong chemical.
Please look into some of my back posts or even just read the whole of this thread before you start making ludicrous accusations. It's clear you didn't even read all my posts in this thread or you would know it was 100 mg over 3 or 4 hours using various ROAs, and that I started with 15 mg (actually, I started with 2 mg nasally an hour before that for safety's sake). Not to mention there was more than just Shulgin's 8 mg report online at the time I used it. I also have experience with every chemical on the vendor's site besides 4-ho-MPT that I have reason to suspect they might have sent me by accident, and I'm well aware of my dose of each and the onset time of each.Why would I embarrass myself claiming others are having placebo effects if in fact I knew it was active and in a matter of days a flood of reports would come in contradicting everything I said? Why not just make a few new accounts as a greenlighter and simply post I was ripped off? Wouldn't that work a lot better, with a fuck lot less effort and embarrassment? Why would I post that the vendor was sending me compensatory samples and make them look better if I was trying to discredit them? That would be lunacy. What kind of discrediting strategy is that? How are you even entertaining such a notion? Spell it out for me. Are you the vendor or a business partner, Greenlighter?

I've been here since 2005 as you'd see if you'd bothered to look a few inches to the left. I'm nowhereman on Erowid. I have trip reports going back over a decade, including three 3 star reports, the most of any author in the site's history. I'm not some amateur brat whose going to come around recklessly and stupidly kicking shit that is obviously going to backfire on him and undermine a decade's worth of honest commitment and time and effort to this culture to make some random vendor look bad, and then make myself look dumb, and then spend more time providing evidence to exonerate said vendor when I don't have to do any of that to make them look bad. Your extraordinarily shallow reading of this thread and lack of consideration before posting unsubstantiated insults boggles my mind. What really pisses me off is for all the people who are being thoughtful and trying to help make sense of things I know there's hordes of other people on here or who are just lurking that are just like you and will read your post and think to themselves "yeah, that makes sense -- psood0nym's just a liar and an asshole".

I think I need to take a bluelight break...

merrskis: I'll PM you.

Last edited:
I've been here since 2005 as you'd see if you'd bothered to look a few inches to the left. I'm nowhereman on Erowid. I have trip reports going back over a decade, including three 3 star reports, the most of any author in the site's history. I'm not some amateur brat whose going to come around recklessly and stupidly kicking shit that is obviously going to backfire on him and undermine a decade's worth of honest commitment and time and effort to this culture to make some random vendor look bad, and then make myself look dumb, and then spend more time providing evidence to exonerate said vendor when I don't have to do any of that to make them look bad. Your extraordinarily shallow reading of this thread and lack of consideration before posting unsubstantiated insults boggles my mind. What really pisses me off is for all the people who are being thoughtful and trying to help make sense of things I know there's hordes of other people on here or who are just lurking that are just like you and will read your post and think to themselves "yeah, that makes sense -- psood0nym's just a liar and an asshole".

For such a veteran of the "community," you seem to be the antithesis of harm reduction in your actions. It doesn't matter how many chemicals you've ingested/injected/plugged in orafices, you need to be more careful than you claim to have been in your exploration of this chemical.

The reason I feel you are discrediting the vendor is that yours is *the only* one out of several reports indicating that 4-HO-MPT is inactive (save for merrskis, who I won't fully count because he seemed to go either way and be unsure whether he felt any effects through his THC high).

I appreciate your report as a person who is interested in exploring my mind through chemicals and would like to do so safely and effectively.

However- what strikes as unusual is your utter defensiveness! If you posted your report sheerly out of the desire to help others achieve my aforementioned objectives, than I can't understand why you would be so argumentative about it.

Why argue so passionately that it was a placebo rather than sit back with interest as other reports came in?

How can you- one individual- say so definitively that something is inactive?

Maybe your beef isn't with the vendor, maybe you just like attention or wanted the opportunity to give a conclusion on something.

skidmarx: Because it was obvious I wasn't going to trip off it after hours of inactivity and confirmed using a 2 mg insufflated dose long before that it wasn't potent (why do I need to tell you this yet again?). Regarding my insistence that it was a placebo see my explanation of my perspective in my apology to CaptainAmerica and ClearCreme. Also, see my explanation about protecting people from wasting their money on buying it between the time I posted and the time more reports came it (which could've been days or even a week later for all I knew). I've explained already that I wasn't arguing for what the definite truth was, but for what it made sense to think at the time. All of this is out there for you to read and recognize on your own. Am I speaking to a child? I've explained my perspective and my rationale over and over again exhaustively. That's why everyone else agrees it's genuinely strange and you're the only one accusing me of being a liar (and now an attention whore). I don't appreciate having to continually defend myself from blatantly unjustified accusations after all the work and frustration and confusion and embarrassment this experience has caused me just because you don't want to put in the effort of reading or exercising any nuance of thought to understand what's been said already. I'm not exhausting myself to entertain your laziness anymore. I won't read any reply you make.

To everybody else: I think I'm taking a week off of PD. Talk to you later.

Maybe your beef isn't with the vendor, maybe you just like attention or wanted the opportunity to give a conclusion on something.
This is ridiculous.

For the record it was me, not psood0nym, who suggested that the vendor might have made a mistake or had turned selective scammer.

Besides from that, I don´t understand why skidmarx and BGreenGC suddenly have to get all defensive on part of the vendor. Maybe they know him personaly?
Or you just luv him because of his fast shipping and exceptional costumer service?
yeah, right.

Reputable vendors have made mistakes before. They might again. Not wanting to aknowledge this is naive and stupid.

End of topic.

We can just get back on topic and off the bashing for the good of shared knowledge and experience(what this should be about)?

The title of this thread is 4-HO-MPT and it seems a potentially quite pleasant novel chem. Wouldn't ya say!

I would like to hear more about peoples experiences with it now that we know its available and active. Some Trip reports maybe! Maybe i'll have one of my own here after the weekend when I give my sample a go!:)

Lets Just all get along!

End of topic.

^^^Agreed. The vendor seemed to willingly respond, and have a another sample sent out to psood to compare. I'm sure psood will let us know when he has more commentary.

Itd be more than cool to hear some additional reports, I almost forgot what this topic was about!

Edit: Beat me to the call, urban

ClearCreme: it all took place in a matter of minutes, by "earlier in the day" I actually minutes ago, heh. I was juggling email and homework and different forums and editing and re-editing posts in numerous places so things got a bit short and I wasn't making the best word choices. You suggested I email them, I did, then they answered almost immediately. The sample was white and came in a 1 cm X 1 cm baggie. From the pictures posted on the vendor's site I don't think there's any telling them apart.

Please look into some of my back posts or even just read the whole of this thread before you start making ludicrous accusations. It's clear you didn't even read all my posts in this thread or you would know it was 100 mg over 3 or 4 hours using various ROAs, and that I started with 15 mg (actually, I started with 2 mg nasally an hour before that for safety's sake). Not to mention there was more than just Shulgin's 8 mg report online at the time I used it. I also have experience with every chemical on the vendor's site besides 4-ho-MPT that I have reason to suspect they might have sent me by accident, and I'm well aware of my dose of each and the onset time of each.Why would I embarrass myself claiming others are having placebo effects if in fact I knew it was active and in a matter of days a flood of reports would come in contradicting everything I said? Why not just make a few new accounts as a greenlighter and simply post I was ripped off? Wouldn't that work a lot better, with a fuck lot less effort and embarrassment? Why would I post that the vendor was sending me compensatory samples and make them look better if I was trying to discredit them? That would be lunacy. What kind of discrediting strategy is that? How are you even entertaining such a notion? Spell it out for me. Are you the vendor or a business partner, Greenlighter?

Hahaha. Believe me i've been following this thread since the first day i saw the vendor put put the chemical up. So if you look back, i believe i'm on the first or 2nd page? Saying i had to sign up to comment? Did you miss that? Trust me i saw that you started with 15 mgs, i'm pretty sure you started with it up the pooper. I also read every part where you got entirely too offensive at the ones who were claiming to reach effects that were truly not placebo. Have i ever called you an asshole? I don't believe so, and i don't believe your outlash is really warranted. You honestly have to ask how i'm entertaining such notion of you just strictly trying to discredit this vendor? Honestly? Look a few pages back at you ASSURING people that what they were feeling was absolutely nothing more then placebo! Tryptamines are powerful chemicals, anyone with any experience would really be able to tell if there dose didn't even get them to any sort of threshold. So now you're coming at me and trying to precious bluelight reputation by saying i'm affiliated with the vendor? Please, i'm a good 1000 miles away from where my deliveries are mailed. Maybe you've been sticking too much chemicals up your ass since 2005. I did notice you have a ton of posts, so i gave you the benefit of the doubt until you started calling people out and telling them their trips were nothing but placebo. That is what made you look dumb, and anyone with any logic would think you had some sort of vendetta with said vendor. Maybe you liked the 4-ho-mpt so much that you would go as far to discredit the vendor in as many forums as you can so you could get another 100mg for free. Who knows right? crazy interwebs.

Did you ever find out what chemical he did send you? I check his page pretty much daily as i await 5-methyl-mda, so as soon as you started saying maybe he sent you dtp, it really seemed like you were just trying to discredit him, as dtp wasnt put on the page til late sunday/early monday. And you gave your trip report the next day if memory serves me correct.

O and if you're gonna call me out and say i'm the vendor, are you merkiiss too? IS that your greenlighter alter ego? Trust me bro, we can all go skizo and start pointing fingers if you want.

I'm not here to argue however, as my comments weren't meant to sound outlandish.

Hi, i'm buddy green. I've been browsing this forum for quite a while now. I actually joined so i could contribute my findings on this fairly unresearched chemical.

And to Fagott -

I don't know the vendor, i don't even know his name to be honest with you. But yea, he ships quick as fuck and everything is always weighed on point.

thought i would summarize all of the reports so far into one spot. whoever saw reports on a different forum, could ya bring a summary over here?

Shulgin, 8mg hcl salt, orally -- mild visuals, vertigo, not much in the way of mental effects. insomnia for 8 hours.

Clear Creme, 10mg freebase, orally -- Peaceful feeling. OEV and CEVs noted. Good body feeling. Notable mental effects.

CaptainAmerica, 10mg freebase, orally -- "Not too deep" (mental effects?). "Amazing body feel, clarity, and laughter." Lasting stimulation.

abrad84, 15mg freebase, orally -- Moderate OEVs, "classic tryptamine body high," mild stimulation, considered to be a ++

Clear Creme, 3mg vaporized -- Light visuals, body high, content mind, strong calmness with closed eyes. dissociated thoughts with closed-eye meditation.

psood0nym, 100mg via various routes -- no effect

merskis, 50mg via various routes? (not sure that is exactly right...) -- +/-

i will hopefully be recieving 50mg today. i have used mushrooms twice (mostly 3.5g+, approximately 5 times), and 4-aco-dmt (dosages of which don't really matter for this conversation because the first day i dosed higher to compensate for cross-tolerance with a 2c-i dose from ~5h prior, and the second time was the next day and also combined with 2c-i)

those are my only tryptamine experiences, but i have much experience with various different psychedelic phenethylamines/amphetamines (some of which i have used very high dosages of), as well as a few acid trips.

my first thought was to drop all 50mg, but now i'm looking at these reports and thinking that less would be more appropriate. i would normally take a ++ dose of a new chemical before jumping into a +++. however, if i were to take a ++ dose (which appears to be ~15mg), then i would be left with a funny amount afterwards, ~35mg, which in my opinion would probably be too large for a single dose, but two small of an amount to split into two doses.

anyway, i think i'm just going to keep it simple and split the 50mg into two 25mg doses. this hopefully will be a full +++. at the very least, 25mg should be enough to rule out the possibility of a +/- reaction.

i'm also going to leave open the possibility of taking the other 25mg at around t+2h.

i think what i will do is mix the freebase powder with lemon juice to convert it to the citrate, and then use my trusty oral syringe (my only volumetric measuring apparatus) to evenly divide the dose into two.

any thoughts/comments/questions/concerns? honestly i'm just going to skip the allergy test... i will keep benadryl nearby in case a reaction does start to occur.