View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-P Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also experimented with low dose 2c-p years ago (back around 2003-04). I noticed it had a very strong pain killing effect at less than 1mg. Like you pinch yourself and don't feel it.. noticed the same thing with 2c-d but at a much higher dose.

Did you have any lingering effects following the days of your low dose experiments?

Recently I had the chance to try 7mg, and found the experience to be very enjoyable. The next couple days I was very worn out though. Its possible that I've come down with a sickness of some sort caused by the cold weather... or it could just be an after effect from the 2cp.

My friend was also interested in the trying small doses. We joked about using it everyday... I wouldn't seriously consider it. It was enjoyable, but too long and in the latter half I felt quite jangled.

This drug is very odd IMO. At 12 mgs it was very apparent that it was more powerful than 20 mgs of 2C-E visually. Mental effects were rather weak though. I would say mentally I was barely at a ++, felt like a 13-15mgs 2C-E dose. Visually it was also very hard to focus on and also it didn't have the 'control' that 2C-E had. By T+7 I was also down to a very easily controllable and light trip as well yet the effect lingered for almost another 5-6 hours.

Honestly, I liked 2C-P but it seems like a less focused, less intellectual, and more sporadic (visually) than 2C-E with a longer comedown that's just as shitty and "cracked out" feeling.

Definitely agree with the "cracked out" feeling. The first 8 hours were extremely smooth for me. After that I felt stimulated. I smoked some weed, and may of have an anxiety attack. I took a large bong hit... and had a coughing attack. The stimulation made me go nuts. I remember walking around the city feeling extremely cracked out... may have been the weed playing with the trip. IT may have been the trip.

Definitely found the first 8 hours to be really wonderful. My thoughts were clear. I felt very patient with the world around me and my own mental capacity for attention. Later on I was more focused on dancing and moving about. I was getting some muscle tension and didn't know what to do about it.

I ingested about 2mg at one point and stayed up for around another three-four hours (maximum onset time). I felt no effects and had no trouble sleeping soon after.

The headspace is really thick I have to say.. cloudy. Not even so humorous. Similar to a 0.5 threshold dose of 2C-E. Like your head's in a cloud. I've actually found a lot of people I know have experienced little visuals and a body high like jello.. This one makes my body feel extraordinary

I had some lingering effects yeah but it isn't bad. Just a little dissociation. And I agree it seems much less intellectual more dull. I enjoy the influence of the 4 position though so I don't mind lingering effects. Really remarkable how 4-positional substitution works my wife DESPISES 2C-B but loves I, E, C, and D. Bees made her feel like she was being cut apart and like her mind was being dissected.. had to work with her during an extremely bad trip according to her. Really odd and unheard of to me.

Going to repeat tomorrow with a little more. Still a virgin with this chem I'm taking it slow. I feel like it'll go beautifully with Ketamine and I may dare attempt it with Sally D considering it's pain killing properties

Well. I've concluded its not an uninteresting/worthless compound at all. It deserves respect but approach with caution. Very tactile and dissociating. I recommend experimenting with low doses of all 4-substituted PEA's to see how they breach the boundaries of typical day to day reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see your results from the 1-2mg range on this one. I took around 8-10mg's(my scale can be sketchy) and had a psychedelic kick to the groin. Made 2c-e look tame!Gave the other 10mg's away :(

im gonna have a lot more to say on this tomorro

but at this point in time Id have to say that more then a month after taking my 2C-P 17mg overdose, 2c-p is causing me to have severe flash backs

I just had the 2nd one, but this is the 2nd in a week (I didnt have any for the first month after the incident)

now look at me, I hope you can see I have a bit of intelligence and not some newb who thinks his HPPD is flashbacks.

Im saying there was a 40 minute point in time when I was back in 2c-p land, further then Id ever been, now 1 hour later Im still trying to figure out what, how, or why this is happening.

Please you guys never go past 14 mg... I am very afraid I have permentantly, well I wont say Im actually worried about permenant yet, but Ill say I dont think Ive had the last flash back by a long shot...

Since the incident, I have noticed this 2c-p was still hanging around.... Everytime I trip, even on tryptamines, its as if this terrible phenethylamine has stained my visuals

And now, you guys this flashback was... I cant describe... I like to imagine that its kinda like its final flight, you know, 2c-p kicking me one more time as it leaves my body

but I know its still in here

so moral of the story is listen to these guys here at blue light because they know what the fuck there talking about, unlike the vast majority of all the other drug forums out there.

moral of the story is dont be a fuckin idiot like me, who cant see hes beggin to get burned untill its to late

Soo much to say, but my brain is hurting from what it just went through and my body is exhausted, because during this flashback everything was the full nine yards of replicating my 2c-p hell, including the insanely dangerously feeling cardiotoxic effects.

will report back tomorro

edit: 2c-p is still a beautiful compound and should not be blamed at all for my mishandeling of it

Last edited:
so it goes like this.

The first flashback was maybe a week and a half ago, came randomly in the middle of the day, was strong but nowhere near the level of this one. It ended with me passing out at 1 in the after noon and waking up a few hours later feeling high.

This one came when I was on a 12 mg of 4-aco-mipt (this was maybe my sixth trip since the 2c-p 17 mg experience a month and a half ago). Things are fine for the first 3 hours, then it all came on out of nowhere. I can tell something is about to happen. I look up at my ceiling, which happens to be a popcorn ceiling (for those who dont these are amazing for seeing visuals). The ceiling splits open.

If you have read my report from the 2c-p incident you may remember the following line. The bolded text is what I then called what I will in this report be referring to as “the thing” (as you will see there was 3 of these things then, there was only one for my flashback) .

At a certain point during this time one of the last major peaks came and the visuals again changed their game, my roof slid open, and not entities, but certainly the foundation of what would be an out of body experience took hold. The beams of light began to create multidimensional geometric figures again different to the kaleidoscopes, which were also still present, in my ceiling. Three of these things, each side by side and connected loosely by the beams of light take over my entire field of vision.
"

This time only One of the things falls out of the roof. Behind him there is a giant kaleidoscope, which I have learned the technical term for is a " form constant ". Where ever I look at he jumps at me all across the ceiling, but really this is inaccurate. He is on my retina, so where ever I move my eye, he follows, and he seems to be made of the beams of light that also compose the form-constant, this giant kaleidoscope that forms into infinity behind it, the form constant getting bigger and more detailed the longer I watch, as it is impossible not to watch.

The scene that unveils is amazing (despite how unwanted). I am given a clearer view of what is going on on when 2c-p dos what it does. The thing appears to be conducting some grand psychedelic kaleidoscopic light show. One side of my vision I see this giant thing, not the dmt "elves" or whatever but one singular beast with its arms made out of beams of light that out strech transforming and composing and creating the form constant on my eyes.

It also has to be noted this was a full body reaction. As it came on my pulse sky rocketed and I began sweating profusely. Skin got very pale and I was taken back into the 2c-p head space. I could feel surges of something rushing in my brain.

The main part lasted 40-50 minutes, was on within 5 minutes, peaked by 30, then felt extremely altered for another 30 minutes after that. Really though it seemed to last maybe 10 minutes altogether? It was over before I knew it but judging from when I first made a note that something unusual was happening to when I made the note that I was coming out of the flashback (and I was still feeling really out of it when I made that note) was 50 minutes, really seemed like no more then 10 though. Who knows, I could have passed out.

After I made the “I'm coming out” note the thing and the form constant were still forming, but by watching tv and avoiding my ceiling at all costs I could ignore it. It did linger though, and I continued tripping on what felt like a really low dose of 2c-p for the rest of the night. Also had a hell of head ache and felt very sleeping immediately coming out of it, but then stimulated for the rest of the night. The characteristic 2c-p extreme whole vision-after image that stays for up to 20 seconds while others are forming and getting after imaged on top of it (this can very disorientating if you have 5 perfect pictures of your room all mashed together and over laying on top of one each other like still photos, complete images that seem to be “stuck” on your eye that will remain on it even after you have decided to look at something else). The excess stimulation kept me going into the morning, sleep was hard to reach, no closed eye visuals but I could feel the form constant still forming on my eyes, very distracting, but I eventually passed out.

I just dont know what to think. Before the incidents of these past few weeks I never believed in flashbacks. I was convinced stories of HPPD and flashbacks were scare tactics and over active imagination or even misinterpreting HPPD. But I am here to tell you this flashback, just like the 2c-p experience, is making me reconsider my entire drug use.

At this point, I feel stupid for listening to people who were obviously either taking impure product, grossly over estimating unweighed doses, or lying for whatever reasons, to dick size or something on the internet, I just dont know why, but saying they took doses that are obviously dangerous while saying they were fine. There is so much dangerous uneducated information on other drug forums out there, and its so easy to pick and choose exactly want you want to here if your like myself... A very dangerous combination.

At this point, Im going to take a very, very long break from phenethylamines. Right now at least a few months. In the past I could east 5-7 grams of mushrooms, every weekend, with no signs of problems what soever. As soon as I added 2c-i into the mix, hppd came along. Same with 2c-e and 2c-t-2. Idk next time I will trip, might not be for a few weeks. Will be taking it very slow when I do return, and just tryptamines. If I ever go back to phenethylamines it will be a very slow process. Never more then a few times a year. The evidence, as it currently appears to me, is that on the whole psychedelic PEA's are much worse in all toxic aspects then trptamines.

Sorry to type this all up, but like I say I do it for me, cause I got to get this off my mind. I do hope it serves as a warning though, please dont be like me. You do not want to wonder if your going to see “the thing” at random for the rest of your life. You dont want to wonder what damage you did to yourself seeking an enlightenment that I was tricking myself into thinking existed so as to justify my gross misuse of psychedelics. One more time: I do not blame phenethylamines at all for my misuse of them. It is my fault, I realize I have to pay for the consequences of my actions. I just have to get it out in writing, because then it doesnt seem to bother me as much any more. Psychedelics are such a beautiful thing, you just absolutely can not mistreat them, and its a shame people like myself trick themselves into learning this the hard way

I'd definitely advise taking a break from all psychedelics, tryptamines included, for more than a couple weeks. More than a couple times a month is probably ill advised.

I'm a bit unsure of why you're so sure 2c-p is the culprit here, as you mention you'd tripped 6 times six times, in roughly as many weeks, since the incident in question. Do you feel as if you're being thrust back into that specific trip, or if you're just having some recurring archetypal stuff in your trips?

Not meaning to doubt you or anything, but since these things are well... multi-factorial to say the least, just wanted to get a better idea of you're reasoning for focusing on 2c-p, & not so much frequent overall usage.

Hope you get to feeling better, & definitely lay off the psychedelics for a bit. Cannabis can cause problems with anxiety in these situations for some people as well, so might wanna take it easy on and/or avoid that as well.

I'd definitely advise taking a break from all psychedelics, tryptamines included, for more than a couple weeks. More than a couple times a month is probably ill advised.

I'm a bit unsure of why you're so sure 2c-p is the culprit here, as you mention you'd tripped 6 times six times, in roughly as many weeks, since the incident in question. Do you feel as if you're being thrust back into that specific trip, or if you're just having some recurring archetypal stuff in your trips?

Not meaning to doubt you or anything, but since these things are well... multi-factorial to say the least, just wanted to get a better idea of you're reasoning for focusing on 2c-p, & not so much frequent overall usage.

Hope you get to feeling better, & definitely lay off the psychedelics for a bit. Cannabis can cause problems with anxiety in these situations for some people as well, so might wanna take it easy on and/or avoid that as well.

I do feel like 2C-P is definitely to blame for a few reasons:

1. The Visual: I have no doubt high doses of phenethylamines will take you to similar places, and I have taken high doses of different phenethylamines a few times before, but I will never forget where I went on 2cp, there is no mistaking it for anything else that I have ever done, and where I went sunday night is exactly that place. I imagine high doses of 2c-e, perhaps DOx and the like, replicates the 2c-p visuals more so then 2c-t-2 or 2c-i, but as I have not done those there is no way they could be responsible here. I saw the exact same thing (some strange beast made of beams of light that appears to be made of lights on my retina (cousins of floaters) who is conducting the grandest kaleidoscopic orchestra ever imaginable, forming constantly into forever, and severe palinopsia seems to only create separate form constants further disorienting you). If I had seen something at all like one would expect from a tryptamine, I would be saying I had some unexpected low dose plus 4, but the two are just nothing alike, so that rules out trptamines (all my trips since the 2c-p incident have been tryps except a 2c-t-2 trip).

2. The Full Body Reaction: It came on like this: I felt a strong rush of blood in my head, at first I thought I was just having some strange reaction to the 4-aco-mipt, but within a minute there was no denying what was happening. My heat began pounding extremely hard. My head space went from being that of a euphoric 4-sub-tryp to, I have seen some one describe the head space of 2c-p as "milky" and I think that is very accurate. The brain seems very diluted, the heart feels weak, and breath seems light.

I will say I think it only got as strong as it did because I was on the 4-aco-mipt, but I mean I was just over 3 hours into a trip that had no hope of getting stronger then a ++, and as I said I have tripped a half dozen times since the incident (not including methoxet) so why now and not then? My mild flashback a week ago just came about after a bong hit, so maybe weed di have something to play with that one. But actually, even if I had a flashback a week for the rest of my life, smoking buds would still be worth it. maybe not but I really hope I dont have to stop lol...

Now I know how stupid the dose of 2c-p I took was, I am not trying to justify it, but I will say at the time I took it I was imagining it probably had a similar safety profile to 2c-e, but now Im thinking its probably closer to a DOx. Or maybe Im wrong and its closer to 2c-e, and big doses should be avoided of that as well (beyond 40-50 and on non-harm reduction sites I see people recommend that)? Or maybe its own thing and shouldnt be compared to other chemicals to justify taking big doses? Thats probably it... And I also think a legit vendor sold a lot of impure 2c-p a little while ago and that is why you'll occasionally see people say they took 30 mg of 2c-p and didnt trip as hard as they should have..

And yah I'm definitely done with tripping for a while. Ill probably keep playing with methoxet but an experience like this forces you to learn respect, for drugs and your body... Psychs last a while and I have a freezer... No reason anything cant wait till summer, at least. The last half a year was fun, but damn itd be nice to go a few days without hearing the word "psychedelic" lol

It might be worth getting a few benzos, although apart from that have a complete break from drugs would be my advice. Any people I've encountered who have had real 'flashbacks' like you mention have all blamed long-term, frequent, drug abuse. Have you abused drugs previously? - This doesn't have to be solely psychedelics, you can just send yourself over at one point even if your entirely sober. A good break and benzos for the harder experiences are recommended, but just to warn you those I know who didn't take a break while experience these were left permanently altered mentally - whether that is coincidence I have no idea. Stay off that MXE too, it wont do you any good especially with it's headspace.

For what it's worth, I have experienced flashbacks. They are most certainly distinct from HPPD. All but one of mine were very mild (brief hints or recollections of trip phenomena) and were usually triggered by smoking cannabis. My one strong flashback occurred a few weeks after my very first psychedelic trip. I had taken ayahuasca and was completely blown away by its intensity. No trip I've taken since with any other substance has come close to that one!

The strong flashback happened while I was up very late but was otherwise completely sober. I was sitting at my computer and suddenly went into a trance. I felt a rushing, sinking sensation. Visuals began to appear, and I started to lose track of who or what I was (ego dissolution). Thankfully, the feelings passed within a minute or two (seemed longer), and I went straight to bed without further incident.

Flashbacks, while rare, can occur in conjunction with any psychedelic experience; however, they are far more likely to occur after a very strong psychedelic experience. The particular drug involved has nothing to do with it. As I've implied, my flashback was of a trip involving naturally occurring tryptamines!

moe.ron: That you experienced effects completely consistent with your 2C-P trip does not mean that 2C-P caused your flashback and does not show that 2C-P is some how more hazardous than other psychedelics. All it really shows you is that your mind retained a vivid memory of your 2C-P trip and hasn't had adequate time to process and integrate it! Also, I'm reluctant to agree with you labeling what you describe as a flashback, given that you were on a fully active dose of another psychedelic when it happened! Yes, the dose was fairly moderate (although I must say 14 mg of 4-ace-mipt sends me a long way out) and what you experienced looked and felt very much like your 2C-P experience, but this has much more to do with you and your mind than 2C-P!

It took me at least 2-3 years to fully integrate my ayahuasca experience, and the few trips I took in that time were heavily colored by that first experience. Only after assimilating its lessons was I able to trip without confronting overwhelming feelings of fear, even on low doses of psychedelics. Undoubtedly, I'm better off for it, but the process of integration was tortuous!

I'm not going to advise you to not use psychedelics, but I do strongly advise that you take your experiences seriously, because what you experience is influenced more directly by your mind than by the drugs you take! Psychedelic drugs facilitate access to unconscious parts of your mind that are normally out of reach. Higher doses act more aggressively, but any dose is capable of inducing breakthroughs in consciousness. Once that happens, you are forced to integrate these revelations, no matter how unpleasant, or else try to suppress them, which is something I advise against, unless your immediate sanity depends on it.

If you continue to use psychedelics (and I count cannabis in this category), realize that you will likely continue to encounter these feelings until you have fully integrated the original experience. Realize that while psychedelic trips can be fun and enjoyable recreational experiences, the spiritual aspects cannot be completely ignored, and once you've been blown open, so to speak, there's really no going back. Now might be a good time to seek out spiritual knowledge and/or guidance, for you'll be needing it if you continue to delve into yourself. If you aren't up for this serious work, then it's time to quit.

^I do appreciate you taking the time to write that up, and it brought up some very good points I had not previously considered.

What particularly struck a cord was when you said:

"Flashbacks, while rare, can occur in conjunction with any psychedelic experience; however, they are far more likely to occur after a very strong psychedelic experience. The particular drug involved has nothing to do with it."

When I originally began responding to your post I did not agree with this, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense to me. I was thinking some how my brain must have held excess stores of 2c-p since the trip that were for some reason “released” causing me to have the flash back (when this violates the current thinking about most psychedelics, and that is that they are excreted from the body within days if not hours). However after reading up a bit on flashbacks over the past few days I have learned something. It seems like they are a cousin of PTSD, and are in fact the result of an involuntary memory recollection.

Now even this theory doesnt sit perfectly with me, because if the drug is completely gone from my brain, what is caused the extreme full body response? How could an involuntarily recalled memory cause me to go into 2c-p space again, with a 100 % full effect profile match and what appears to be extreme 5ht2a activity? Of course, just because something about brain is not understood does not mean that there is not a perfectly reasonable explanation for it.

Something else you said really got me thinking too:

"That you experienced effects completely consistent with your 2C-P trip does not mean that 2C-P caused your flashback and does not show that 2C-P is some how more hazardous than other psychedelics. All it really shows you is that your mind retained a vivid memory of your 2C-P trip and hasn't had adequate time to process and integrate it! "

Yesterday I would not have, but now I think you are completely right; it is not the fact that I took 2c-p, or even such a large dose, but rather that I had such a negative response to it! I do not know if you read my whole post detailing the flash back, but in it I described how during this episode I went farther out then I had even during the original trip. Before the flashback I had never seen that it was in fact “The Thing” that was composing “the kaleidoscope”, but thats exactly what it was doing. I will tell you it was as if the 2c-p was finishing up some opened business, like it had never showed me its full message until Sunday. Now there is no logical explanation for this, but this is very much how it feels.

I do disagree with your assessment that 4-aco-mipt played a particularly large role. That is to say that although it may have made the experience stronger, I dont think it facilitated it. Now it is possible that it did and that I am wrong, because as you know tryptamines definitely have a unique ability to make memories more accessible and what not, but I feel like any guessing what role it played would be clear hear-say. All I know for sure is that during the whole thing I could tell what was the 2c-p flash back and what was the 4-aco-mipt. Like I said the incident started a little after 3 hours into a trip that had no hope of reaching a plus 3 on its own. What happened was definitely the direct result of my 2c-p trip, it just happens that the fact that it was 2c-p is probably irrelevant and any psychedelic experience may have the potential to cause a flash back.

On a final note I want to talk about another issue you brought up, which is about the integration of your experience. Now a lot of this is very hypothetical, but I could understand why a bad trip would cause a flashback, for the same reason unaddressed depression will create very observable changes in a persons subconscious, or any extreme event can cause PTSD. Not drawing any definite connections, just giving food for thought.

I've just come into a bit of this substance, around 60-80mg of it.

Looks very interesting - the duration is particularly appealing.

Had an insufflated threshold dose (around 2-3 mg) last night - too little for there to be any pain whilst consuming it, and had some pleasant effects - enhanced colours etc, though wasn't particularly hallucinogenic (though had taken an SSRI earlier in the day).

Looking forward to giving this a decent dose next weekend.

be careful about insufflating 2c-p. there is already a very thin line between recreational dosing and ODing, and insufflating makes that line even thinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.