• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

A couple weeks ago I took 18mgs of 2c-I, after a heavy lunch and heavy dinner. I waited almost 3 hours to take it, then I swallowed it in capsule form. I still felt very full, and there was still food digesting in my stomach. I didn't feel anything until 3hours later. It was like somebody hit a switch, and I was tripping hard. There was absolutely, no stomach discomfort. It was the most intense 2c-I trip i've had in the range of 15-25mgs. It may delay the effect, but it didn't effect the intensity for me.

Edit: Just for the record, I normally take 2c-x, 2-3 hours after a light meal, and it usually takes 45mins-1hour to kick in.

Last edited:
Any else experience 2c-i's tendency to not truly end until you sleep? I recognize that most compounds have a degree of this quality, but if I don't sleep I will continue to exist in that space where I am inundated with sensory data and patterns and light up to 24 hours later.

sleep does seem an integral part of getting back to baseline for many people, myself included. Though I do know some people that come fully down, especially from the shorter lived things, and feel normal before going to sleep. Also, sleep deprivation has many psychedelic-esque effects on its own.

HUH? Were you high during basic biology class in grade school? Stomach primarily DIGESTS substances (but some minor absorption occurs here, though not much); intestines ABSORB nutrients/chems into the bloodstream.
Ever heard of pharmacology and ADME? I might have been high during basic biology class, but at least I'm not using my elementary school knowledge in a discussion on this level... Uptake of any chemical is only dependent on physicochemical properties of the chemical and the part of the body where it is present, and thus can happen almost anywhere in the body. Since 2C-I is a primary amine, I suspect (know) it has a basic pKa and thus will primarily be taken up in the first part of the intestines.

However, theory is not always what will happen 'in practice'. I was just referring to personal experience with different 2C-chemicals, where me and my friends have observed that the abdominal nausea is much less when taken about 1 hour after a light meal. I believe a (partial) explanation is that activation of serotonergic receptors in the intestines creates excessive motility, leading to discomfort (and possible diarrhea). But this is probably a bit above your level, judging by the reasoning in your previous post. So perhaps you should do some reading on the matter first this time, before commenting on my mental clarity during kindergarten...

Ever heard of pharmacology and ADME? I might have been high during basic biology class, but at least I'm not using my elementary school knowledge in a discussion on this level... Uptake of any chemical is only dependent on physicochemical properties of the chemical and the part of the body where it is present, and thus can happen almost anywhere in the body. Since 2C-I is a primary amine, I suspect (know) it has a basic pKa and thus will primarily be taken up in the first part of the intestines.

However, theory is not always what will happen 'in practice'. I was just referring to personal experience with different 2C-chemicals, where me and my friends have observed that the abdominal nausea is much less when taken about 1 hour after a light meal. I believe a (partial) explanation is that activation of serotonergic receptors in the intestines creates excessive motility, leading to discomfort (and possible diarrhea). But this is probably a bit above your level, judging by the reasoning in your previous post. So perhaps you should do some reading on the matter first this time, before commenting on my mental clarity during kindergarten...

Lol.

Tried 2C-I for the first time a few days ago. I've had a lot of experience with 2C-E(25mg tops), so I figured I would take 30mg for my first time.

And boy was it great! It was everything I thought it was going to be. Didn't get nauseous or feel any body load really, but the body load could have been alleviated by the temazepam I took way earlier in the day.

I agree with 3rd I Blind that it is best taken after a light meal. Every time I've seen someone take some on an empty stomach, they always end up puking. I've never dosed after a huge meal but I can't imagine it being pleasant.

Also, does anyone know what makes this substance so dose dependent? For me, a 16 mg dose leaves me quite functional where a 20 mg dose has me tripping hard. It feels like I've taken twice as much when I've only increased the dose by 25%. Compared to other stuff I've tried, the dosage curve seems much less linear.

Compared to other stuff I've tried, the dosage curve seems much less linear.
Technically, a dose-response curve is never linear both always sigmoidal in shape. The perceived difference in potency between two doses of the same substance is determined by the steepness of the curve and the percentage of 'response' that is physiologically (or psychologically, in this case) signifcant. As you might understand, a substance that is only noticable effective at 30% response will have a (perceived) linear dose-response relationship, since most substances are on the linear part of the curve between 30%-70% response. If your substance is already active at the 5% response level, doubling your dose can give a larger boost in response, since you are on the exponential part of the curve.

However, since we are talking psychedelics here, the dose is not the only thing that determines the intensity of the effects. There is also set, setting, your own body chemistry and some random factors. When also taking into account factors that influence pharmaceutical and biological availability (stomach contents, pH of stomach and intestines, blablabla), it becomes clear it's very hard to make any statements on the dose-response curve of a substance based on a few experiences. :)

but can you really take the taste under your tongue for minutes?

also, if i remember right, it can cause some damage to the mucosa (and hurt until it heals)... dont know if that is true

13mg is really a small amount. Never damaged my mouth tissue. Taste is actually just a little sour/medicinal... not bitter like tryptamines... quite tolerable on both fronts.

13mg is really a small amount. Never damaged my mouth tissue. Taste is actually just a little sour/medicinal... not bitter like tryptamines... quite tolerable on both fronts.

K thanks :)
Ive subling's mxe and it had mild taste and didnt do any damage to my gums.
I was hopin 2ci was the same :) ill give it a go.

Good to hear! thanks for the information. I didn't know AM-694 has iodine in it...

Like 2C-I, the iodine is attached to an aromatic ring without any accompanying groups to make it reactive (eg 2,4-dinitro), so it isn't going to be detached in a month of sundays by the body's metabolic processes...

With various 2C's i've heard of people reporting different amount of pain from different ROA's.

I've heard some say 2C-D is not painful rectally, however I can say for certain that it IS painful if you squird it up yer butt..Same goes for 2C-T-7.

And the one time I did snort 5 mgs of 2C-D, it felt quite caustic, and I immediately regretted it. That was after I read on Bluelight that "snorting 2C-D isn't that bad". I know you're talking about sublingual 2C-I here, but...just sayin...So just because one person says it isn't going to hurt you on an internet forum, doesn't mean it's going to be the same for you. Not trying to discredit what you said Dwayne, just trying to emphasize that YMMV. Your mouth's mucous membranes are probably a lot tougher than the recesses of your sinus cavity too, so there is always that...

Remember, snorting any 2C-X drug is suppose to be quite painful, so there is at least some reason to beleive that holding a pure 2C-X drug under your tongue might give you some problems. Trust me it's not THAT fun tripping with a lingering chemical burn that won't go away *glares at DPT*.....

I've snorted 2C-B before and experienced no discomfort at all, done it another time with exactly the same dose from exactly the same batch and it's stung like a bitch. YMMV.

With various 2C's i've heard of people reporting different amount of pain from different ROA's.

I've heard some say 2C-D is not painful rectally, however I can say for certain that it IS painful if you squird it up yer butt..Same goes for 2C-T-7.

And the one time I did snort 5 mgs of 2C-D, it felt quite caustic, and I immediately regretted it. That was after I read on Bluelight that "snorting 2C-D isn't that bad". I know you're talking about sublingual 2C-I here, but...just sayin...So just because one person says it isn't going to hurt you on an internet forum, doesn't mean it's going to be the same for you. Not trying to discredit what you said Dwayne, just trying to emphasize that YMMV. Your mouth's mucous membranes are probably a lot tougher than the recesses of your sinus cavity too, so there is always that...

Remember, snorting any 2C-X drug is suppose to be quite painful, so there is at least some reason to beleive that holding a pure 2C-X drug under your tongue might give you some problems. Trust me it's not THAT fun tripping with a lingering chemical burn that won't go away *glares at DPT*.....

This is a great post chemical wizard. I remember my first time with DPT. I thought that snorting it would be the way to go so I didn't have to use so much. Wrong decision to say the least. The burn and after burn I experienced made snorting 2c-i look painless. The intense trip was clouded by the burn for at least half an hour. Hurts me to even think about it now.

Yeah I had an awesome DPT trip, but the three of us who underwent the experience all swore we would not snort DPT again. It's just tooooo disgusting and painful. Even 12 hours later I could still feel a chemical burn at the back of my throat.

I've snorted small bits of 2C-s before, and they all feel like snorting red hot glass shards or something, even at 5 mgs or less.

I have stopped taking 2c's as of late, but after all is said and done I still enjoy a low dose 2c-i trip. I know it is "shallow" and doesn't really show you too much, but I feel if the user is already experienced and open that it can take you to that special place just easy as 2c-e.
2c-i has an energetic pulse to it that helps ease you into the trip. I have never taken 2c-b but from what I've read I would probably enjoy it.

I've actually never embarked on a just 2C-I trip. I've only mixed it with acid. I really want to have a solid 2C-I trip soon.

For a while, the only 2C's that I had access to where -E, -I, -T-2, and -T-7, and any time I tripped, I would do 2C-E 90% of the time, and 2C-T-7 the other 10% of the time....maybe those figure are off, but close enough.

Then 2C-D entered the picture and everything else took a break pretty much. Sooooo many drugs, so little time. For serious though.

But now I want to try another 2C-I adventure. I think it sounds like exactly what I'm lookin for - a good amount of psychedelia with a very small chance of mind-raping-brain-fuck, but still lasts all day long.

I pretty much haven't done any 2C's since.....months and months and months i guess, I can't even really remember....Mostly I want to explore the tryptamines more as of late. They're soooooo much mentally crazier though, I find myself shying away from such intense experiences.

That's probablyl just cause it's winter though, and I don't like feeling like I'm stuck inside while I'm tripping during poopy weather.

Wow what a run on post. I'm sorry everyone.