• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

I think the 2Cs must somehow activate the vanniloid receptor as they're fairly similar in structure (the vanilloid receptor is the one that makes chillies burn like buggery) to the aromatic part.

One thought is you could always try eating a little something with chillies in first before snorting it in the hope that the receptors will already be occupied with capsacin (then again that's hardly an improvement for most people!)

Oh and one way to avoid unpleasantness (well relatively) with DPT is, as Sherlock Holmes proclaims at the end of Hound of the Baskervilles,"Watson, the needle" (aLTHOUGH HE WAS A COKE FIEND). aLSO MUCH MORE ECONOMICAL WITH THE DRUG AND MUCH LESS UNPLESANT IF STERILE PROCEEDURE IS FOLLOWED

Fuck capslock horror!!

^One of my friends actually told me about being able to eat a ridiculously hot chilli while on 2C-B, do you think he might have been experiencing the reverse phenomenon?

^One of my friends actually told me about being able to eat a ridiculously hot chilli while on 2C-B, do you think he might have been experiencing the reverse phenomenon?

if mr. bulbous' theory is correct, then 2C compounds could cause a temporary downregulation of vanilloid receptors. i'm going to test this out at some point to see if i notice the same effect as your friend, Yerg.

^Me too. Both chilli followed by intranasal 2C dose, then eating chilli whilst on a 2C. I love chilli anyway, so it should be pretty enjoyable. Maybe we'll even start a craze?

^Me too. Both chilli followed by intranasal 2C dose, then eating chilli whilst on a 2C. I love chilli anyway, so it should be pretty enjoyable. Maybe we'll even start a craze?

maybe we'll flip the world of spicy food eating competitions on it's head. :)

^Brings to mind the episode of the Simpsons with the Guatamalan insanity chili.

*LIGHTBULB ABOVE HEAD*

We shoudl take a lesson from Homer, and snort hot wax before snorting 2C drugs, surely that will eliminate the burn.

since we're on the subject of snorting 2c's...

anyone consider 2c-i extremely unique in its insufflation pain as compared to the other 2c's?

snorting the other 2c's produced a big punch in the face that lasted for about half a minute... pretty much the same as snorting any other painful chem.

but 2c-i was way more... "sinister." snorting it produced no immediate pain for a couple of minutes... and then suddenly an intense stinging manifested itself in my nose that lasted about 5 minutes, the drip about 30. my friend and I got this effect consistently while snorting it (about 6 times each for us) and it was far worse than any other insufflation experience we've ever experienced. *shudders at the memories*

Tried 20 mg of this last night, which was my first experience with PEA hallucinogens (not counting MDMA/M1). The powder didn't want to dissolve in room temperature vodka, but warming it up and stirring for a couple minutes did the trick.

Main effects were enjoyable without being overwhelming; I felt pretty much in control. I could easily get lost in my own thoughts if I let it happen, but there were none of the pushy racing thoughts I've felt with mushrooms. Tactile sensations were enhanced in a way that's hard to describe, and even imaginary touches felt quite vivid. (I was unable to persuade my gf to make sexy time, but maybe someday...)

Side effects were mild. Some body tension and aches but no nausea or anorexia. Often felt warm and sweaty, especially for the first couple hours. Tylenol seemed to help.

Pot greatly intensified the trip, especially the visuals. My gf noticed the same thing with K2 Blue, which reportedly led to her first "real" experience of a psychedelic thought process - she's taken 4-AcO-DIPT several times, but I think her SSRI detracts from the effects.

As a rule, I've found that the phenethylamine psychedelics are much more subject to control as to how 'deep' things get ie it's much easier to return to concensus reality if needs be. Tryptamines are subject top less control and more of a case of just having to let go and go with the drug, rather than try and control thought processes. Then there's LSD, which for me has always been a case of 'hang on and hope for the best' as it's so in your face that any attempts to control the initial phases of intoxication (generally the first 3-4 hours) generally lead to rather unpleasant experiences. Another differfence I've found is that PEAs are much more outgoing and benefit from the input of others whereas tryptamines are much more of an internal experience, where it's a lot more common to close eyes and not really interact with people (DMT/DPT being the ultimate example where the best part of the experience is spent eyes closed, lost in an internal world even if others are present).

2C-I was, I found, one of the psychedelics that were the easiest to exert control over, the only one that comes to mind that was even moreso was 2C-T-21.

Of course al of the above observations are sependant upon the dose used - if you do things like shove 50mg of 2C-E up your backside, all aspects of being able to control the depth of intoxication are just swept aside because it's so intense an experience (and therefore not really recommended for most people). I once accidentally IMed 25mg of 2C-I (thinking it was ketamine in the vial) and then discovered that even a drug that normally wasn't too hard to deal with when used orally, can become a real white knuckle ride

Last edited:
has anybody tried mixing 2C-I with DXM? I was thinking this would maybe be a deeper more disassociating experience than just 2C-I alone but I can't really find much on it

has anybody tried mixing 2C-I with DXM? I was thinking this would maybe be a deeper more disassociating experience than just 2C-I alone but I can't really find much on it

i have, i posted about it in the 2C-I combinations thread i believe... you can find a link to the combos thread in the first post of this thread.

When I take 2C-I, I always feel like my whole body wants to fart badly. I love this substance though. Each trip on it is like the song 'Echoes' from Pink Floyd. Very beautiful in the beginning then extremely dark and uncomfortable in the middle and peaceful in the end. It can suck you deep in a vortex of psychedelic thoughts, for example, the last time I took 2C-I, I looked myself in the mirror (about 5-6 hours into the trip) and I saw my reflection in my eye and it felt like I was seeing myself in a different reality/dimension, like a parallel univers or something. It was so psychedelic and intense that I kept thinking about it for at least a day or so. Incredible.

I've consumed a total of about 200mg of 2C-E earlier this year (TOTAL, not all at once). Finally got a hold of some 2C-I and tried 14mg the other day. All I can say is WOW, this stuff is mild by comparison. 14mg did leave me wanting for more but I plan on a 20mg trip today.

I actually LIKE how it's not as visual as 2C-E. 2C-E's visuals are usually so vibrating and intense that it can induce nausea for me. Nice to have a compound with more relaxed, flowing visuals though I'll have to wait until this 20mg trial finishes before I comment further :)

I see this thread is a bit stagnant, so I hope I can get my questions answered!

I'm a rather experienced tripper, I've done LSD in various doses over 25 times, shrooms about 15 times, 2C-B (not sure of dosage), DXM, and Salvia. I'm looking into picking up some 2C-I for an upcoming festival for me an my friends and was looking on some information on it, or some validation to my information.

-How long does 2C-I last on average when taken orally?
-What's the time frame range like, time for come-up, plateau/peak, and coming down?
-What's a good dosage on average?
-How does it feel in comparison to other psychedelics?

Here's what I've come to understand, please correct any misinformation. I've heard it takes up to two hours when taken orally for it to kick in. I've heard that it will plateau for roughly 2-6 hours, dependent on dose and then start to slowly taper off for another 2-4 hours, totaling about 6-10 hours total, with the later half being very mild. Erowid reports 10-25mg as a common dose, which seems a wide window. From reading around here many users say they've enjoyed 20mg, for someone who's experienced in tripping would this be a nice "easy"/fun trip? I've heard that overall 2C-I is mild and a great beginners psychedelic.

Any more feedback on this?

Your information is basically correct.

Remember that with any drug, higher doses seem to kick in faster. I'd bet 100mg oral 2C-I will be a rocket ride to Neptune within the first hour. But yes, in general there is a full two hours of absolutely nothing before the trip actually takes shape.

As you have a bit of trip experience, I'd say you're fairly safe with anywhere in the 20-25mg range for a moderate +++ ride (Shulgin scale, not shroomery). Many people highly enjoy this compound in the 8-12mg range for a nice ++ time. I've even heard good things from people who only eat 3mg and get just a little mood lift.

As always with any new substance in your possession, use <1mg as an allergy test before eating half the bag. And use a scale please! :)

I will also repeat the benefits of "gradual" or "stepped" dosing, which can alleviate certain come-up tensions that are common to the 2C-family. Personally I have found 4mg oral at T+0h, followed by 18mg oral at T+1h, produces a much smoother trip than a single 22mg dose would. The same can be said for simply dissolving your full dose in a drink and sipping over the course of an hour. Seems the body has a better time adapting to the transition.

Some people call 2C-I a "toy" or "candy psychedelic", but it can be every bit as powerful as mushrooms or LSD in the hands of someone who wants to take it deeper. A friend of mine faced his inner demons and resolved to change his life on a 22mg 2C-I trip in the mountains. I was with him at the time on a similar dose, and I was just rolling on the ground laughing at the clouds while he was wrestling a bear in his mind o.o

30 mg 2C-I, oral ROA:

- quite clean and quite strong stimulation
- very good OEV and CEV
- unique alteration of psyche

nice substance, gonna mix it with LSD

Some people call 2C-I a "toy" or "candy psychedelic", but it can be every bit as powerful as mushrooms or LSD in the hands of someone who wants to take it deeper.

If one wanted to call any psychedelic "a candy" or "a toy", it shouldn't be 2C-I definitely IMO. From 2C series there are lighter drugs like 2C-C. If you aren't a type of a person who can fully control the experience, 2C-I is much less "forgiving" than 2C-C.

I always found 2c-i to feel like toy/eye candy, but I only have it to compare to 2c-e, 2c-x RC wise, which is many times more intense that 2c-i. Very similar visually, but lacks nearly all mindfuck. Changes perception of reality somewhat, but not to the extent where I'm confused/can't function normally, even on high doses.

I will be getting a sample of 2c-i soon, so I have a question. How does 2c-i compare visually to 2c-e, snorted? The other night I snorted a bit more then 10mg of 2c-e and it completely kicked my ass lol, there were 'living patterns' on literally everything, my own hands were fractalizing, CEV's were also intense. Would snorting 2c-i produce similar visual effects?