• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

I used to binge on 2ci for weeks when I was a kid. Was one of my favorite substances until I found 2cb and abandoned 2ci completely.

Some amazing sex on 2ci that even 2cb did not rival

Yeah although alot of people say it lacks some qualities of a true psychedelic i really enjoyed this one and the headspace and unique visuals it gave!

Yeah although alot of people say it lacks some qualities of a true psychedelic ...

That may or may not be the case. This one study that tested several phenethylamine psychedelics actually claims that 2C-I is an agonist at 5-HT2A receptors in one functional pathway and an antagonist at another. I feel like I could believe it, it's definitely an unusual one, even though I like it.

I only got to test this one two or three times but I loved it. I wish it was still widely available.

I liked it a whole lot more than 2c-e but have had many many more experiences with 2c-e.

2c-i is definitely close to the top of the list for me with 2c drug experiences.

i had 2c-i multiple times, got it as one of my first rc's from leather lars. i didnt liked it very much, to iodine is too heavy, 2c-b was a lot better.

batch from 2001— I never even tried it
Whaaaat?! How does something like that happen?
I told my wife that should I die, she should find a psychonaut and offer them my collection
Lol I have also suggested to my wife what to do with “the jar” should I die. I fear that many of the contents aren’t even labeled though and would be of no to little use to someone else.

Having done it this way so long, I feel like proper labels would only be more incriminating. Terrible scientist of me though! At work we have barcoded labels, printer labels, etc. when I can get away with it, I still just write on it quick with a sharpie.

Harm reduction and jokes aside: label your chemicals. It would be very easy to confuse 2ce for 2cb for example and just have a really bad time due to dosing higher than expected. Or even worse with different chems if you happen to have DOx around. My repertoire is limited to a handful of substances that are labeled in short hand or otherwise obvious to the sole user

i had 2c-i multiple times, i didnt like it very much, the iodine is too heavy, 2c-b was a lot better.
I wonder if you ever had 2c-c or 2c-d, as they are even lighter still. And I would wager that you haven’t tried..scratch that, that no one at blue light has tried - a bold statement - 2C-At with the next heaviest halogen after iodine, Astatine “the rarest naturally occurring element in the Earth's crust, occurring only as the decay product of various heavier elements. All of astatine's isotopes are short-lived; the most stable is astatine-210, with a half-life of 8.1 hours” “the longest lived natural isotope is half decayed in less than a minute” “A sample of the pure element has never been assembled, because any macroscopic specimen would be immediately vaporized by the heat of its own radioactivity.” Only about a gram exists at any given time in all of the earth’s crust and only about 50 micrograms have ever been made at one time!
Of course Shulgin thought of this! I didn’t realize I had already read about this in the extensions and commentary for 2ci!

Last edited:
Whaaaat?! How does something like that happen?
I moved overseas for seven years, and the friend that was babysitting my chemicals determined that they were her property after all that time. I agreed and bought her a scale.

I wasn't particularly interested in 2C-I at the time, but it was available. I didn't like stimulants and was looking for insight, and 2C-I didn't sound like it met those criteria. I also tried my first 2C-x (2C-C) before I left the country, and found that it made me feel sickly, which turned me off further. On top of that, people were reporting a very high incidence of HPPD from 2C-I around that time, which made me even less eager to try it.

As with all 2C-x, this is a worthwhile chemical. I'm sad that I split the amount that I had and didn't take enough to fully experience what 2C-I is all about. I'm left with some vague idea and memories.

I only got to test this one two or three times but I loved it. I wish it was still widely available.

I liked it a whole lot more than 2c-e but have had many many more experiences with 2c-e.

2c-i is definitely close to the top of the list for me with 2c drug experiences.
Kinda makes me regret never acquiring 2ci. 2ce was my first RC and I absolutely loved it for quite awhile. 2ci just always seemed like a weaker cousin of 2ce so I never bothered with it.
Now, I feel like I could more readily appreciate any subtle differences.

In a 4 hour interview with Hamilton Morris, David Nichols claimed to be the first one to make 2ci. He doesn't mention a year.
This was pretty surprising to me - I have always assumed it was Shulgin's creation.

I also learned from that interview that Shulgin created (and patented for use as an antidepressant) methylone.

Interesting, I had no idea about either of those things, especially that methylone was patented as an antidepressant. It sure does take away depression, lol. But I can't imagine it being good for that purpose, except as a rapid acting emergency antidepressant. maybe if you took really low doses?

Kinda makes me regret never acquiring 2ci. 2ce was my first RC and I absolutely loved it for quite awhile. 2ci just always seemed like a weaker cousin of 2ce so I never bothered with it.

2C-I is quite unique among the 2C-Xs. it is far from the best in terms of introspection and spirituality, but it's god damn fun, very recreational, and the visuals, headspace, and somatic sensations are different from the others, while of course sharing characteristics.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a handful of doses of this pretty recently... gotta take some soon.

In a 4 hour interview with Hamilton Morris, David Nichols claimed to be the first one to make 2ci. He doesn't mention a year.
This was pretty surprising to me - I have always assumed it was Shulgin's creation.

I also learned from that interview that Shulgin created (and patented for use as an antidepressant) methylone.

I think a lot of people attribute a lot of things to Alexander Shulgin that he didn’t do. Several of the drugs he created were actually first synthesized by friends of his who were also chemists, and more of the ideas for drugs he had than people think were really just continuing things other chemists already started, like Albert Hofmann and the synthetic tryptamines.

I think MDMA is the biggest offender. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that MDMA existed before Alexander Shulgin was even born and that it was already in recreational use before he ever even tried it.

Interesting, I had no idea about either of those things, especially that methylone was patented as an antidepressant. It sure does take away depression, lol. But I can't imagine it being good for that purpose, except as a rapid acting emergency antidepressant. maybe if you took really low doses?

Back then serotonin releasing agents were new and the idea of taking them for depression didn’t seem so crazy, especially when the main pharmaceutical option for depression was still serotonin reuptake inhibitors and they didn’t really have any stigma yet.

In reality, SRAs are most likely horrible as antidepressants as envisioned back then. They do make good therapy drugs, though.

2C-I is quite unique among the 2C-Xs. it is far from the best in terms of introspection and spirituality, but it's god damn fun, very recreational, and the visuals, headspace, and somatic sensations are different from the others, while of course sharing characteristics.

Pretty much this.

Last edited:
From what I understand, Shulgin named most of the simple 2C-X series, prior to their synthesis. I never knew that others in the research group handled some of the synthesises tho. Makes sense that Nichols would have wanted to leave his name out of it at the time tho, he was far more interested in having a career working "inside the lines" so to speak, sticking to academia and working towards having a legitimate academic lab with a DEA license. I'm sure he got up to ALL kinds of crazy shit that he just managed to hide well lol.

Nichols was my hero more than Shulgin after awhile, back when I was more serious about wanting to pursue neurochemistry. Going to work at his lab at Purdue was my pipe dream.

Total off topic aside here, but Myron Stolaroff is another wonderful writer from the Shulgin research group, if anyone is interested in the other members. He wrote a few good works on psychedlics and spirituality, most famously The Secret Chief Revealed, the biography of Leo Zeff. Zeff was the psychologist that Shulgin passed MDMA to for underground use in therapy back in the day, the godfather of MDMA assisted psychotherapy.

Heck I think that book is on the MAPS site for free now that I think about it!

Edit -- here, tracked down the link https://maps.org/images/pdf/scr.pdf

And here is Stolaroff's work From Thanatos to Eros, which has discussion on many different psychedelics, mostly 2C-X and MDX from what I recall (been a long time since I read it)

Last edited:

porkstock 2ce was my first RC too, along with 4-aco-DMT and I also loved it for quite a while being second real psychedelic I tried after LSD (not counting morning glory seeds) and wouldn't mind revisiting intense and unique visuals again, though not as much as I would like 4-aco-DMT as I didn’t explore it nearly as much as 2ce. Still those were almost 2 perfect RC’s to start with, at least available at that time.

Concerning 2c’s I tried in years to come, 2c-b is my favourite I also tried 2c-i, 2c-c and 2c-t-4, all unique but if I could chose to get some of those again I would rather explore 2c-c and 2c-t-4 some more than 2c-i, and would definitely revisit 2c-e again rather than 2c-i. The one I really regret not trying is 2c-t-7 and maybe famous 2c-d and 2c-c combo. But hey that’s my preference for relaxing 2c-c compared to more stimulating 2c-i, also 2c-i produced more body load for me compared to 2c-e while still not reaching nowhere near that strong visuals or euphoria and playfulness od 2c-b.