• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread - Take Two

2C-I is most definitely psychedelic, if you, like me, accidentally IM 60mg, thinking it's ketamine. No Lastingham effects, but for 15 hours,my vision was fucked dueto not being able to see through the trip patterning.

After I run out of a last bit of, I think it was 2c-t-4 (accidentally blowing of part of what I was about to snort with my ex to make it more sad) I was actually regretting not using it IM as I just could feel it would be a really decent dose via that ROA so 60mg of 2c-i IM must have been hell of ride, way too much to handle for most people for sure.

After I run out of a last bit of, I think it was 2c-t-4 (accidentally blowing of part of what I was about to snort with my ex to make it more sad) I was actually regretting not using it IM as I just could feel it would be a really decent dose via that ROA so 60mg of 2c-i IM must have been hell of ride, way too much to handle for most people for sure.
Soon as I realised what I'd done and the sheer shitting myself emotions had reduced to manageable levels (10 minutes that felt like 10 millennia!), I got the vial of ket I was originally after and dosed a bit less than 200mg - probably 170-180 - enough to knock myself out until the main aspect of the rush would be over.
Brave, me? No. Now resourceful, that's a different matter...

Soon as I realised what I'd done and the sheer shitting myself emotions had reduced to manageable levels (10 minutes that felt like 10 millennia!), I got the vial of ket I was originally after and dosed a bit less than 200mg - probably 170-180 - enough to knock myself out until the main aspect of the rush would be over.
Brave, me? No. Now resourceful, that's a different matter...

Dear god, I would be scared shitless to try adding a dissociative to that! Dissos, to me, always wildly potentiate psychedelics. But I guess a big enough dose would just take you so far out of the conscious realm that you wouldn't notice?

Lately I've been preloading a lot of my trips with a bit of a dissociative, especially MXE... just 10-15mg of MXE, enough to just feel a bit floaty, and then add a museum level dose of a 2C-X (especially them), and the results are intense. If I add 20mg of 2C-B to that, I will be tripping so hard at the peak that I can't even talk... so many visuals I can't tell what I'm seeing... synesthesia sometimes, followed by a long plateau stage of profound thought and conversation.

As 60mg of 2ci IM is basically an OD and 2c's are safe but still not the safest drugs in huge dose not to mention that ROA in fact I can even see how adding a lot of K might have been a healthy choice in more than one way.

Most 2C-x drugs are still pretty darn safe though. My old dealer from a decade ago told me he once gave a friend 200+ mg of 2C-I and had him snort it all at once. Supposedly he was totally fine to the point that none of them ever even thought to worry about his health, but he absolutely refused to say anything about his trip.

I've found that with certain dissociatives, a large dose of THC can achieve breathtaking heights. Three or four times (one with mxe, the rest with ket), I've reached a stage of such inner stillness, that it feels like I've achieved enlightenment. Of course, it lasts half an hour at most, but if that drug triggered state is only a fraction of a percent of what real enlightenment is, that is such a wonderful, uplifting feeling, my descriptive powers do not do it justice.

I find that true with THC and many classes of drugs, especially if I'm not in a phase where my tolerance to THC is enormous. Though not that it potentates every specific drug in a positive way or even consistently.

I've found that with certain dissociatives, a large dose of THC can achieve breathtaking heights. Three or four times (one with mxe, the rest with ket), I've reached a stage of such inner stillness, that it feels like I've achieved enlightenment. Of course, it lasts half an hour at most, but if that drug triggered state is only a fraction of a percent of what real enlightenment is, that is such a wonderful, uplifting feeling, my descriptive powers do not do it justice.

I don’t consider myself well-versed in this subject but if enlightenment is what Google tells me it is, I experienced it from a manic episode.

The idea that you could then experience the same thing from dissociatives makes total sense to me.

At the peak of my experience, a friend randomly sent me this out of the blue:

gs3jizk9p5k41.jpg

It did not help my state of mind.

I don’t consider myself well-versed in this subject but if enlightenment is what Google tells me it is, I experienced it from a manic episode.

The idea that you could then experience the same thing from dissociatives makes total sense to me.

At the peak of my experience, a friend randomly sent me this out of the blue:

gs3jizk9p5k41.jpg

It did not help my state of mind.
It could have been Ralph Wiggum in the right hand picture! 😁

I appreciate the response, SpiralusSancti.

I recall now that the main thing that turned me away from 2ci was the adjective "stimulating." I think I have a prejudice against the word, don't like to think of myself doing stimulants I guess? But I do enjoy hiking and being otherwise active during a trip, so maybe it's something I would enjoy.

I've only tried 2cb as far as other 2cx
They both tend to give me a headache after the trip, and 2ce a bit of sickly feeling during the comeup. 2cp is another one that's an option, but I've never got around to trying.
I'd probably go for 2cd if I had the option to try any 2cx that's new to me. The 2cT series is intriguing but I think I'd have to steer clear since they don't seem quite as safe

2C-D gives me a mild next day headache and 2C-C makes me feel weirdly sick (which sucks, because I rather liked it.) I associate regular 2C-B use with an increase in heart flutters for a couple months, but that's very possibly just a coincidence.

I think only the thios (2C-T-7, 2C-T-21) and alkyls (2C-E, 2C-P) have killed people. I don't think any of the halogenated 2C-Xs have. The worst I remember was 2C-I causing HPPD more frequently than other psychedelics, which in the age of NBOx seems almost quaint. All in all, they're remarkably safe.

2C-I is quite unique among the 2C-Xs. it is far from the best in terms of introspection and spirituality, but it's god damn fun, very recreational, and the visuals, headspace, and somatic sensations are different from the others, while of course sharing characteristics.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a handful of doses of this pretty recently... gotta take some soon.
Sorry for double posting, I can't figure it out on my phone..

To semi-quote Shulgin.. a thing is either unique or it isn't. There is no "more unique" or "very unique"
But I'm just busting your balls, I know what you mean.
However, your description of 2ci sounds a lot like what most people say about 2cb. I can concur, having shared that one (only) once with my wife. We laid in bed feeling goofy and she rubbed my head with her feet at one point and even that felt amazing!
I think a lot of people attribute a lot of things to Alexander Shulgin that he didn’t do. Several of the drugs he created were actually first synthesized by friends of his who were also chemists, and more of the ideas for drugs he had than people think were really just continuing things other chemists already started, like Albert Hofmann and the synthetic tryptamines.

I think MDMA is the biggest offender. A lot of people don’t seem to realize that MDMA existed before Alexander Shulgin was even born and that it was already in recreational use before he ever even tried it.

Back then serotonin releasing agents were new and the idea of taking them for depression didn’t seem so crazy, especially when the main pharmaceutical option for depression was still serotonin reuptake inhibitors and they didn’t really have any stigma yet.

In reality, SRAs are most likely horrible as antidepressants as envisioned back then. They do make good therapy drugs, though.
Shulgin makes a lot of that clear in PiHKAL. TMA was his 1st paper on psychedelic use in humans (~1960), but he mentions that it was made by P. Hey at University of Leeds in 1948.
Shulgin made MMDA in 1962 and thought at the time that it was his 1st new creation, but he says that it was also made by Gordon Alles at UCLA the same year. Alles was dead the next year and I think Shulgin said they didn't get a chance to meet.

But I was under the impression that Shulgin created most of the contents of PiHKAL and TiKHAL unless...it was clear that he didn't. :)
I guess it's not always explicitly stated, but I knew that he didn't create MDMA, LSD of course...mescaline. Without thinking too hard, I'll assume there are a good handful that he didn't create/invent, but for 2ci to be one of those that he did not...that's a big surprise to me.

By "back then" do you mean 1990s? That's when Shulgin patented methylone as an antidepressant, at least according to wiki

I've only tried 2cb as far as other 2cx
They both tend to give me a headache after the trip, and 2ce a bit of sickly feeling during the comeup. 2cp is another one that's an option, but I've never got around to trying.
I'd probably go for 2cd if I had the option to try any 2cx that's new to me. The 2cT series is intriguing but I think I'd have to steer clear since they don't seem quite as safe

2C-P is interesting. I find it to be the most different of the ones I've taken so far (B, C, I, E, and P). I think it earned its reputation, I found it to be oppressively powerful at times. The level of immersion was very intriguing though. It stands out as one I'm glad to have taken although I don't often find myself thinking about it.

I think only the thios (2C-T-7, 2C-T-21) and alkyls (2C-E, 2C-P) have killed people. I don't think any of the halogenated 2C-Xs have. The worst I remember was 2C-I causing HPPD more frequently than other psychedelics, which in the age of NBOx seems almost quaint. All in all, they're remarkably safe.

Has 2C-P killed before? I remember reading at least one trip report where someone ended up in the hospital but they obviously lived to tell the tale. I know 2C-E deaths were associated with that one party. I think the number of deaths on either is still extremely limited, same with the 2C-Ts too I think. I wouldn't dose them as high as the halogen ones though.

I remember when everyone cared about 2C-I causing HPPD. Simpler times.

Shulgin makes a lot of that clear in PiHKAL. TMA was his 1st paper on psychedelic use in humans (~1960), but he mentions that it was made by P. Hey at University of Leeds in 1948.
Shulgin made MMDA in 1962 and thought at the time that it was his 1st new creation, but he says that it was also made by Gordon Alles at UCLA the same year. Alles was dead the next year and I think Shulgin said they didn't get a chance to meet.

But I was under the impression that Shulgin created most of the contents of PiHKAL and TiKHAL unless...it was clear that he didn't. :)
I guess it's not always explicitly stated, but I knew that he didn't create MDMA, LSD of course...mescaline. Without thinking too hard, I'll assume there are a good handful that he didn't create/invent, but for 2ci to be one of those that he did not...that's a big surprise to me.

I'm not saying he necessarily didn't come up with them himself, just that he wasn't always the one making them himself. This is just from stuff I've heard over the years, I'm not totally sure from where. I think some of it may have come from Hamilton's Pharmacopeia but it's been a few years since I watched that now. But I know I also read a lot of those facts like the ones you mentioned in PiHKAL and TiHKAL because yeah, he's not hiding it at all, people just don't know the stories.

Some of the things in his books he didn't create though, especially tryptamines. A lot of the simple tryptamine modifications like the tail extensions with methyl, ethyl, propyl, and isopropyl arrangements as well as making acetate esters like 4-AcO-DMT were, if I recall correctly, patented by Albert Hofmann, who was trying to continue explorations of modifying other indoles in the same sort of way that had proved successful for LSD. Again it's not like Alexander Shulgin is hiding this either, I think a lot of people just assume too much that if it's in the book, it's made / said by him. People also often assume all the drug qualitative comments were written specifically by him when I'm fairly certain they actually came from his group of friends that would try new things together.

By "back then" do you mean 1990s? That's when Shulgin patented methylone as an antidepressant, at least according to wiki

Yeah. Fluoxetine was introduced in 1987, Alexander Shulgin introduced the idea of using methylone as an antidepressant in 1996. The Columbine massacre happened in 1999, which to my knowledge was the beginning of the true stigma against SSRIs.

Aren't SSRIs still pretty commonly prescribed and used? As basically the main treatment for depression?

I'm aware of their downsides but I don't think they've come up with anything better that is widely used

Aren't SSRIs still pretty commonly prescribed and used? As basically the main treatment for depression?

I'm aware of their downsides but I don't think they've come up with anything better that is widely used

Yeah, but I'm not saying that's not the case, they just have a stigma now. In general the attitude I'm aware of in the medical field is one of searching for antidepressants that now have distinct rather than similar mechanisms of actions to SSRIs.

@porkstock

I'm looking back on it now and I can see how it looks like I'm saying they're not the main prescription anymore, but that's not the point I was trying to make by referring to them as the 'main' option. I was trying to draw a comparison between the fact that at that time the momentum was actually behind SSRIs, and nowadays the momentum is instead behind trying to find new main antidepressants like ketamine, psilocybin, and novel analogues that work through similarly glutamatergic pathways, and other more novel options. SSRIs may still be commonly prescribed but the impression I've gotten is that it's been a long time since they were considered to be what the focus should be on or where the inspiration would come from for depression treatment.

Yeah I get what you mean, Kaleida. Like they used to think SSRIs were the solution. Now they are searching for something that works better and through different mechanisms.

Crazy to me that they advertised so heavily about a "chemical imbalance in the brain" that was never shown to be true. But it sounded good, and had a cute cartoon to go with it