• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-Fly Thread

In my experience 2C-B-FLY is a lot more potent when plugged and significantly more psychedelic with a bit more of a stimulant feel to it. The come-up happens a lot faster, with initial effects being felt within a few minutes and developing over the next half hour and effects lasting about 8-12 hours. The speed of the come-up can make it feel a bit disorienting at first. I've tried doses from about 5mg to 15mg, with 15mg feeling pretty heavy.

Nice to see you around nif . I still have not got around to trying this again after my first time at 2 pellets which i found to have none of the magic of mdma or even bk-mdma or the psychedelia of the variants of lysrgics we were able to obtain legally for a while there.I really didnt like it very much if at all but maybe one day i will try again.

Anyone experienced with rectal dosing 2C-B-FLY? Difference in rectal vs oral?
Planning on doing this ROA soon, because I was disappointed with oral dosing 9mg first time.

While I do not have experience with rectal dosing of 2C-B-FLY, I will use a rectal over oral ROA next time. I generally prefer rectal ROAs for psychedelic phenethylamines, and in the case of 2C-B-FLY, a faster come up would be welcome. The only part of the experience that I found to be unpleasant was during the drawn out 2hr+ come up. I don't expect that shortening that to half the time would make the experience any more disorienting in the common dose range--if anything, I expect it would make it easier.

Thanks for the replies. I'm planning on dosing tonight, starting with 10mg up the backdoor. See where it brings me and I will report back here.
Anybody have any thoughts on the tolerance issue I mentioned?

With a dose of 168ug followed by a dose of 1mg, I personally don't think that tolerance was likely to be much of a factor. It also looks like you were careful about stomach contents. I seem to be unusually sensitive to 2C-B-FLY (see reports,) so I don't think you can extrapolate much from my experience. You also waited plenty long enough before redosing, despite its long come-up. My guess is that either (a) you are relatively insensitive to 2C-B-FLY like a slim majority of people, or (b) you had an idiosyncratic response, and further attempts at the same dosage level might produce a different experience. It's impossible to say, but I'm leaning towards the former given how few people have significant experiences with this material. If that's the case, then 10mg rectally seems reasonable, and even then you may have a ho hum experience. If it's the latter, though, you'll be in for a bit of a ride. With your familiarity with bk-2C-B, you're probably used to long-lasting psychs with unpredictable dose-response relationships anyway. :)

Last edited:
I have indeed been given the gift of experiencing the unpredictability of the bK cousin. I may reschedule my plans for tonight over to next week though, considering I might be needed in a functional state tomorrow morning.

With 10mg rectal I noticed about 30% increase in overall effects compared to 9mg oral. I was baseline again at the 6h mark. Nice mellow headspace and mood lift. Mild enhanced vision (more defined colors, sparkly reflections of light, veeeery light shapeshifting of shadows and light streaks). I'd rate it a good + to minor ++.

I'm curious, were you at baseline six hours after onset? or after administering? Six hours after onset would make sense if you were on the insensitive side of the spectrum. Six hours after dosing...well that would seem pretty unusual to me. Did you find the onset to be significantly shorter via a rectal ROA?

I'm curious, were you at baseline six hours after onset? or after administering? Six hours after onset would make sense if you were on the insensitive side of the spectrum. Six hours after dosing...well that would seem pretty unusual to me. Did you find the onset to be significantly shorter via a rectal ROA?

I wouldn't be able to compare comeup times very much, as my first oral was actually very mild and I didn't experience much effects, let alone distinguishe comeup from plateau. Comeup rectally was around half an hour.
Yes, baseline after 6h from dosing (in that I felt no noticeable/residual effects). Unless my idea of baseline is wrong.
That timeframe of 6h, I could be off by half an hour maybe, that would make it sound less unusual. I'll have to check my notebook for it but I'm mostly very correct in my timings.

Did anyone try Fly with Rilmenidine?

Here's a Shulgin note on it:

8.0 mg 2C-B-fly and 2.0 mg of rilmenidine at 12:30 pm; cannabis vapor at 4:00:
The
result was spectacular. I got a +4 experience from a pure imidazoline blood pressure
medication! It is probably the entactogenic core of MDMA. I tend to think of the effects
of MDMA as sweeter and gentler than this, but this was much stronger than any MDMA
I have previously experienced. It turns out that 2.0 mg of rilmenidine is a very high dose.
This is much more intense than the 0.2 mg of clonidine. Probably 1.0 mg would be
adequate, and more comparable to a typical dose of MDMA. It also las
ted longer than MDMA.... I took cannabis vapor. Within minutes my heart opened and the rilmenidine
fully blossomed. At this point I could not feel the cannabis at all, although I had taken it
only a few minutes before. I was astonished by the experience.
Not because it worked, I had already seen the clonidine work. I was astonished by the depth of the experience,
and I remained astonished for two weeks. I was ecstatic. Not ecstatic because it worked,
rather the mental state was ecstatic, somewhat un-sober. I recalled Martin Ball calling 5-MeO-DMT
the “crown jewel of the entheogens”. I felt that rilmenidine must also be a

crown jewel. I described the state with superlatives.... Qualitatively, it is very hard to
characterize the rilmenidine state, apart
from the depth of it. At 3:52 hours she asked me
how I feel, and I responded “It is like a peaceful lake, it feels eternal... in a peaceful
sense”. Perhaps most telling, just 25 minutes after taking the cannabis, 3:55 hours after 36 taking the rilmenidine, I
spoke to my wife about what for me were the core issues in our
relationship. These are things that are very hard to discuss because they are painful, and
discussion tends to lead to anger. But we discussed it peacefully. I expressed my sadness
with tears. I believe this capacity for calm contemplation and discussion of painful
personal issues is a core feature of the entactogenic state of MDMA, and here I was
experiencing it with blood pressure medication.... For me it’s really, astonishingly
among the best psychedelic experiences I’ve ever had. Unbelievable.
(Shulgin 2016)
Pharm 2,
p. 26-27

I guess it chills you out a bit in pretty atypical ways, that can with chance result in a pretty tranquillized trip. I think if you can effectively tranquillize a tripping or rolling (2C-B-FLY is apparently more popular as an empathogen) experience without so much CNS depression that it makes it boring as shit, you could have a pretty blissed out moment. [/reductionism]

Thanks for the great info! %)

Apparently Agmatine, which is easily available OTC, is imidazoline-1 agonist (maybe that's why I feel funny sometimes combining it with different psychs?..). So I will be conducting some research with my 2C-B-Fly and Agmatine soon and I'll post results! ;)

For anyone complaining about it being "light" - Try adding some cannabis to it.

It gets weird, mostly mind fuck with few visuals

I tried 23mg 2C-B-fly with 12mg 2C-D and it was a lot more powerful than expected, I had a fair amount of cannabis which helped with nausea and two small 6% ipa's. A profound emotional evening, it did make my vision so pixelated at points I couldn't see infront of my face. I took both together @10pm and fell asleep with the help of about .5 of cannabis vaporised from 4-6am. Woke up with slight headache but I only had a pint of water during the experience, will have more water when I try it again.
Going to try 10mg of fly with 30mg of 2C-D to see if it produces a different and shorter experience in a few weeks. All in all an interesting combo and the close eye visuals were similar to 4-ACO-MET but not as colourful., I learnt a lot and I am feeling cleansed of underlying concerns today.

Last edited:
Am in the process of ordering 5 x 10 mg..

As a matter of general practice, I'd avoid using names such as the fly when discussing compounds like 2C-B-FLY, and the like. This can create confusion, especially at a time when both 2C-B-FLY and DOB-DRAGONFLY are both in circulation. One is active at the sub-milligram amounts, and while unlikely as it is, I'd hate to see someone confused get a hold of the latter, thinking it was the former.

Prophetic words (from 2006), MGS.. :'(