• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-Fly Thread

Am in the process of ordering 5 x 10 mg..

Prophetic words (from 2006), MGS.. :'(

Hi,

Apologies, I missed that. I should know better as well, I have edited to reflect which fly I was referring to.

I also wasn't aware MGS wasn't around. Learnt a lot from all the posts, but obviously not enough to not describe that chem correctly.

Sorry but what happened to MGS??!

Nothing, his prophecy was fulfilled when this happened, to other people: https://erowid.org/chemicals/2cb_fly/2cb_fly_death1.shtml which is old news... I just noticed MGS posting that before it happened, tragically.

It was not in response to DMTshroom and either way it wouldn't be insensitive to take actual 2C-B-FLY even if someone had / has died from Bromo-Dragonfly?? Note that in the same post I mention getting 2C-B-FLY myself. ;)
Oh and it was coincidence that you used the wording 'fly' when MGS commented on that although he has a very good point. It is not a good combination that people like trivial names and not everyone is a chemist paying attention to the formula (or analysis) when RC's can be a chemically complicated story. This is one of the problems of RCs, though some like these have to be kept separate that much more of course...

Didn't mean to confuse you folks or imply something freaky..

It's just sad that it happened anyway is all, in retrospect my post does look like a personal mourning.

Last edited:
Awwww thanks Solipsis, I thought something bad happened to him! Damn I was scared for a moment...

Yeah MGS is around, he posts in PD still and is a moderator for the CEP subforum at the moment. :)

I decided to try 2C-B-Fly today. I took around 16 or 17mg. I felt some stimulation after 5 minutes, and the body high became pretty strong within 20 minutes. I was worried by how fast the come up was compared to the reports I've read. I couldn't help but think about the Bromo-DragonFly incident. Fortunately, it seems I did receive the right substance and not an NBOMe or something.

I'm surprised by how strong it is. It's very entactogenic and also very psychedelic. It's a lot trippier than 2C-C and 2C-D. I haven't tried 2C-B, but it does kinda remind me of 2C-I. I'm not sure what I think of it yet. It's a mixture of good and bad. It comes in waves, alternating between feeling euphoric and feeling sick or overwhelmed. Unfortunately, I decided to try it alone on a boring day. I think it could be a lot of fun with an ideal set and setting. I'll have to try it again with friends, or, even better, with a girl ;). I'll take a lower dose next time.

I've doubled that dose and it isn't even beginning to compare with 2CC and 2CD trippiness but I don't know what you consider a dose of those - Shulgin really underdoses those by miles. I agree it's not at all an unqualified joy and can be underwhelming. I think at minimum you need weed with it for a mild pleasant thing but it really didn't float my boat

I've taken 2C-C once at around 45mg and up to 90mg of 2C-D and the 2C-B-Fly was definitely stronger. The 90mg 2C-D dose was similar in intensity in some ways, but 2C-D just doesn't feel as psychedelic as 2C-B-Fly to me. At the most intense point of my 2C-B-Fly trip, there were some strong auditory effects and I felt like I was melting or something. It was that phasing/flanging effect where you feel like you're getting sucked into a black hole.

I'm happy and a little surprised that I feel pretty good today. Phenethylamine psychedelics typically give me headaches as the effects wear off, and 2C-B-Fly was no exception, but I was worried it would last for a few days like when I take 2C-C and 2C-D. I feel slightly hung over, but my headache is pretty much gone.

The trip lasted longer than the other 2Cs I've tried. The duration is about the same as LSD. About an hour of coming up, 5 hours of strong effects, then a gradual comedown.

Everyone metabolizes things differently, I've heard others claim that 2C-B-fly is quite strong and psychedelic. Personally I find it light, transparent and empathogenic (note that I don't find these to be bad things, I like it for that, if it wasn't so damn expensive I'd have a supply of it).

Has anyone here tried vaping 2-CB
-Fly? If safe what would be a good dose for this method of administration?

I think if you mean vaping like DMT it will be lossy since phens like this have a high melting point as a salt and are noxious oils as a freebase.
But it might be different if you nebulize it or vape with a wick and carrier.

On the other hand, phens like DOX have been vaped before okay.

With 2C-B it has been suggested to indeed freebase it first using a base, but I personally think it is a pretty bad idea to vaporize and inhale strong bases.

Considering the potential for loss of material otherwise I think you'd be better off plugging it, or if you are aversive to that, snorting.

Considering the potential for loss of material otherwise I think you'd be better off plugging it, or if you are aversive to that, snorting.

Thanks for the info.
Ive never tried plugging but not averse to it-
Would the dosage be lower than an intended oral dose for the same effect going this route?

Have you tried that route for 2 CB Fly and noticed a difference?

Yes, generally, for most drugs, plugging dosage is about half of oral dosage.

Hello there. Has anyone redosed 2cb fly? E.g. first dose 15mg and after an hour or 1,5h yet 5mg? Just to make a pik longer.

In my experience"

25 mg
Then 5 mg an hour and a half in.

It did last a lot longer than expected. It had a long comedown. But a very good experience regardless.

I would also add to my last post that in that setting I had also pre loaded with phenibut. It felt like the missing addition that I needed with the Fly. Probably one of the more interesting trips I had in a long time-amazing distortions of sound and very roll-y. My eyes were huge- which only really happens to me with Mdma. Lysergamides and tryptamines don't really dilate my eyes that intense.

Hello. I have been lurking these threads for over 10 years now, I guess it's about time I add my experience :p

Two nights ago I had planned on tripping, but I wasn't sure I was in the mood for a lysergamide - I find these trips to sometimes be a bit too much to handle for me (at least with ETH-LAD, the last of my supply), as in I am not always able to stay "functional" or aware enough, which combined with a potentially bad trip could go poorly for me without a trip sitter. Although I have had enough bad trips to know how to ride them out calmly and still learn from them, I recently attempted suicide and have been in a very low place in my life again, so I didn't want to risk getting back there. A goal for me was to push myself away from suicidality, and bad trips are not always conducive for this goal. I hadn't taken any substances other than marijuana that day, and it had been several months since I had last tripped.

The only other substance I had was 2-cb-fly, in powder form. I had pre-mixed two pills for a friend and I over the summer, mine dosed between 18-23 mg and theirs between 15-18 mg, this was several months ago so I don't remember the exact dosages. I had previously tripped on 2-cb-fly twice, both times in the 18-25 mg range, and experienced the empathogenic-type trip that many have reported here, with minimal visual distortions and changes to my socialization (i was more talkative in the beginning, less so towards the middle and end). This time I decided that I would like to experience something more than that and enter the psychedelic realm. I was not able to find much more than a couple sentences reporting on 30+ mg trips, but what I did find seemed to suggest that some of the lower-dose clarity is mixed with a heavier, much more visual trip that may at points be more than one can take while remaining functional. This generally matches my experience.

I dosed both pills at 8pm, for a total somewhere around 30-40 mg. After only a few minutes I started getting jawlock, which is normal for me with any sort of stimulating substance, I even get it without any. The effects stayed limited primarily to racy-type feelings, with some minor time dilation, for about the first two hours after dosing. For my previous trips I generally meditate, sometimes with music, for most of the trip, but lately I have not been safe with my thoughts and didn't want to risk taking this trip spiraling towards panic, so I passed the time until 10 pm watching my favorite television show again. Around 10 pm I began to notice significant distortions in my perception, time-wise, understanding-wise, and visually. A colored haze with floating waves of different distortions began to cover the surfaces of my vision, the characters on the television were morphing in age, dress, and gender, and it became difficult to follow the plot as it seemed to stretch on for much longer than the 20 minute episode duration and my attention was limited. Around 10:20 the episode finished and I paused the show to lay down. In the past body load has been very uncomfortable for me, and at first the waves I felt around 9-9:30 were a bit unpleasant and racy, however by 10 they had started feeling quite pleasant, even distracting from the show. By the time I was laying down, the body load had become unbearably pleasurable across my whole body, so I writhed in bed for about an hour until it calmed. During that hour the effects came and went in waves, the primary sensation was definitely the body load but there was some minor growth to the visual distortions. I felt a bit nauseous if I kept my eyes open, so I shut them and had some patterning and an increased ability to imagine as I swam in my bed. The visions were more real and enticing, but not quite full blown like they would grow to be later. My thoughts were primarily about good things, matching the theme of hedonism provided by the body sensations. Around 11 the effects began to calm, and I went to the bathroom to discover significant morphing across the floor tiles, my sweater and my leggings. This is one of my favorite experiences with psychedelics - I don't know how much time I've spent, in how many different places, watching stories play out in rocks or blinds or blankets or clouds, but I enjoyed this for a few minutes before returning to bed. In addition to this morphing, there was significant distortion as if everything I saw was stretched over an uneven surface, things appeared longer in some areas, shorter in other, to the point where I would have trouble distinguishing how far apart they were.

As I returned to bed I brought my flame-powered vaporizer with some marijuana concentrate loaded in it. I like to add this to my trips sometimes, as it can change the character and give the visuals more power. I had trouble measuring the distance between the flame and the vaporizer, but I was functional enough to remember how I normally held it so I had no issue using it. At this point the psychedelic effects were in full swing, with lots of morphing and visual patterns overlaid over what I saw. I had body load again, somewhat unpleasant at times, somewhat pleasant at others, but not matching the extent of pleasure I felt during the previous hour. Until about 2-2:30, I had a full psychedelic trip with deep thoughts about my past life and remembering how it went and how it shaped me, evaluation of my current situation and imagining how to move forward. I forgot who I was at several points, a little game I like to play while tripping is gently trying to remember. My eyes were mostly shut as I like to lay in bed and go deep into the visions that arise in my mind, of which there were plenty. During this period the effects were also coming in waves. During the lower parts I was able to get up if I chose, however I was a bit dizzy and nauseous and still had some visuals in these periods so I didn't do this much. The higher parts were rolling around in bed, deep in the visions and thoughts I had. The effect on music was significant, and comparable to a lysergamide.

I would say the experience overall was most comparable to 4-ACO-DMT, mixed with elements of ETH-LAD, however a much more significant body load and a significantly clearer head. The duration was much shorter as well, by 3 am I was definitely coming down. The other substances may last me all night. I rarely can sleep after taking those, even with ativan or melatonin, but I was able to fall asleep pretty easily by 4 am. It was definitely it's own unique experience though, and I would say it had elements that I haven't experienced with other psychedelics or lower dose trips. I still have some left, so I may do another high dose trip in the future, but unfortunately this substance seems to trigger my post-trip headache much worse than other things I have tried. Normally if I get a headache it will subside by the end of the next day, however I still have some of it today on day 2. Another difference I just noticed was less afterglow than other substances - however I had a somewhat emotional day yesterday, and my life isn't in the same pleasant place it was when I have tripped and experienced an afterglow in the past, so it's lack of appearance may be situational.

Welcome, glad you finally joined! :) Stick around, won't you?

Sounds like you had a really nice trip, more psychedelic than I tend to get with 2C-B-fly, although you also dosed higher than I ever have. That's strange that you find 4-AcO-DMT to last longer than 2C-B-fly, for me, the fly lasts a long time, certainly around 8 hours anyway, whereas 4-AcO-DMT only lasts a few. But, as has been said again and again, we really are all quite different. :)

I found 2CB-Fly (w/phenibut, cannabis) extremely visual and definitely psychedelic at the 30 mg range. I consider it one of my more memorable trips this passed year. And yes for me it definitely lasted the full 12 hours which was unexpected since in comparison the long lasting lysergamides for me tend to be at functional level at 8. With fly the peak seemed to just keep going.

I recently got to try 2C-B-FLY, and I have to say that I found it to be a truly enjoyable psychedelic.

At about 17.5mg (oral), the Open-Eye-Visuals felt relatively mild, although there seemed to be some distortion of my depth perception (crossing the street felt like running in "Gears of War", when the camera zooms in as you sprint from cover to cover). On an empty stomach, the first effects became noticeable after about 30 minutes post-ingestion. There was little gastrointestinal discomfort; less than with 2C-C, at least.

The headspace was *very* relaxed, and allowed you to either focus your attention on the real world, or let yourself zone out for a moment to enjoy the CEV's. I would stand there while two friends were having a conversation, close my eyes, and immediately see fractals crystalizing across my mental field of vision. Just the vibrations of someone's voice on your eardrum would turn into a seed crystal from which a new fractal would spread out like multi-colored window-frost.

Which brings me to another very interesting part: How even the mildest tactile sensation felt so much more pleasurable. A hard wooden bench would suddenly become the softest, most ergonomic surface I had ever sat upon; even cold water from the faucet would suddenly feel soft to the touch.

The duration of the experience was similar to substances like LSD/ALD-52 or 2C-E; a definite improvement over 2C-C, which I found wayyy too short-lasting for a night out (YMMV, of course).

All in all I can say that 2C-B-FLY is a truly magnificient psychedelic. It is a shame that due to the complex synthesis, it's probably not economical to produce once it gets banned in more and more places. So if you're still on the fence about acquiring some before the RC scene has been driven underground, now might be the time to pull the trigger on your order.

Im one of its fans too but it took me a few tries to find its magic. Interestingly enough it doesnt really pair well with other substances-paired with AL--LAD it was disorientating and dysphoric, read of a similar pairing with 4 HO MET which had an almost exact reaction. It does pair really well with phenibut-the empathogenic qualities and music appreciation were magnified. Some of the most interesting audio hallucinations listening to city sounds out of a hotel window that I have ever heard.