• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread - Volume 2

I am researching the transformation of the present into the past without judgement,
the substance creates persisting standing waves in a consistent way.
this requires several series of experiences and careful record keeping .
I should be able to claim scientific research and engineering tax credits at the end of the year.

I like general research. But specifically, I’m observing reactions with indoles and reagents like Ehrlich’s reagent, for example.

I'm not sure if this was posted here before, but it's pretty interesting stuff:

It shows that 1P-LSD concentration in serum is close to 0 one hour after IV administration, whereas LSD can be found in serum for up to 20 or so hours. So conversion from pro-drug to active form must be pretty fast. They also show how LSD serum concentration peaks at around the third hour after orally administering 1P-LSD, pretty in line with peak of subjective effects. Really cool paper.

really interesting article (those funny links work). I especially found this part interesting:
3.2.1 | General observations
The subjects did not report any anxiety or any grave discomfort. No
complications were seen and no after effects were experienced from
the experiments (observation period > 1 year). In general, the
psychosensory drug effects and the course of clinical effects after
p.o. administration (Figure 5) followed a pattern similar to that known
for LSD with an onset at around 30 to 40 min, a plateau during the
1 to 4 h period and a come-down period after 5 to 6 h with the
effects gradually disappearing after 7 to 10 h. This course of action
roughly correlated with the course of 1P-LSD/LSD serum levels as
measured.
When 40 to 180 g LSD is administered intravenously, it
takes about 15 to 25 min until the onset of effects begin to be notice-
able with a peak occurring after approximately 1 hour (similar to
p.o. administration).
The duration of effects after i.v. administration
of LSD was reported to be 9 to 10 h comparable to the p.o. route. The observations made in the present study seemed to be
consistent with this general profile. The unexpectedly slow onset after
LSD or 1P-LSD i.v. administration might be related to a slowed
passage of LSD into the central nervous system. This is a remarkable
phenomenon given that the similarly acting hallucinogens N,N-
dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and psilocybin
show an immediate onset following i.v. administration

this suggests that lysergamides either move into the brain more slowly, or that once they enter the brain they do something in a delayed fashion.

it also suggests an odd benefit for instant tripping by injecting psilocybin solution which you can't get with lsd.

Thanks @DrumTripper
Interesting read for sure

“[...]assuming the complete hydrolysis of 1P‐LSD after approx. 4 h”

“Usually, 1P‐LSD is sold in the form of blotters, and sublingual administration is thought to be the most common form of ingestion. Sublingual administration is considered to result mainly in parenteral uptake of 1P‐LSD via mucosa and therefore circumvents the first‐pass effect. However, a concurrent p.o. ingestion of 1P‐LSD might occur via swallowing oral fluid. The presented p.o. and i.v. administration study was conducted to obtain the first PK data for 1P‐LSD and might therefore not fully represent this scenario. But even if sublingual administration is considered as a combination of p.o. and parenteral uptake, it can be expected that 1P‐LSD is only detectable for a few hours at very low concentrations (pg/mL range) in serum and urine following sublingual administration.”

“Further studies are needed to confirm the presence of unique 1P‐LSD metabolites in humans and it is anticipated that highly sensitive analysis methods would be required for this purpose, especially if urinalysis is considered.”

“4 CONCLUSIONS
1P‐LSD is rapidly hydrolyzed to LSD after oral as well as i.v. administration which confirms for the first time that 1P‐LSD can be considered a prodrug of LSD in humans. Unexpectedly, the bioavailability of the hydrolysis product LSD after oral ingestion of 1P‐LSD was close to 100%. Although the prototypical hallucinogen LSD has been studied for decades, to our surprise no valid oral bioavailability data have been published for this drug. Based on our data an oral bioavailability of LSD very close to 100% seems plausible. 1P‐LSD can be found in serum and urine samples only after i.v. administration and for a very short time (approx. 4 h) before it is completely converted to LSD. Therefore, the results of this study show that it is not possible to reliably distinguish between the oral uptake of LSD and 1P‐LSD until unique metabolites can be detected by sufficiently sensitive analytical method”

Yeah, I don't know why the links turned out like that, but they work.

Note that even though it states that 1P-LSD can be found in serum up to 4 hours after IV administration, if you look at the graph, after only one hour most of it has already been converted to LSD. They can still measure some 1P-LSD, but at marginal concentrations compared to the dose administered. If we also consider that peak onset takes roughly the same with IV or oral administration, which means that LSD is slowly absorbed through the blood brain barrier, we can more or less assume that almost no 1P-LSD makes it to the brain, and the subjective effects are indeed from LSD itself.

possibly each of the lysergamides does have an uniqueness from the tiny bit of not yet converted LSD,
1p-uniquely seems more speedy than the rest (which I usually like) and 1cp and ald-52 seem more natural.

the differences are subtle probably because the not yet converted amounts are so small after 40 minutes.

Can someone compare sublingual administration vs oral, of 1P and other 1subs?

As noted above:
"Sublingual administration is considered to result mainly in parenteral uptake of 1P‐LSD via mucosa and therefore circumvents the first‐pass effect "

And Ive only ever tried all 1subs (heck, even LSD, back in the day) as sublingual or buccal. Obviously, as noted, also above lol, " a concurrent p.o. ingestion [...] might occur via swallowing oral fluid."

Yet I find that each of the 1subs has a unique feel, too, similar but not quite LSD.

Can someone compare sublingual administration vs oral, of 1P and other 1subs?

As noted above:
"Sublingual administration is considered to result mainly in parenteral uptake of 1P‐LSD via mucosa and therefore circumvents the first‐pass effect "

And Ive only ever tried all 1subs (heck, even LSD, back in the day) as sublingual or buccal. Obviously, as noted, also above lol, " a concurrent p.o. ingestion [...] might occur via swallowing oral fluid."

Yet I find that each of the 1subs has a unique feel, too, similar but not quite LSD.
I've tried 1p-lsd, al-lad, eth-lad, 1p-ethlad, Ald-52 and regular ass street acid back in the 90's all have trialed , orally,buccally, and sublingually many times (I often decide ad hoc how I'm going to drop at the moment of dropping -game time decision lol.
Interestingly, I've noticed no difference in any of them (even 1p which I've trialed by far the most often) in terms of effects or even onset between sublingual and orally dosing...the most unusual thing is that for me I've found buccal administering to be slightly LESS intense than oral or sublingual.
Also, despite the above mentioned serum results for 1p converting to actual lsd, for me 1p very much is distinct from regular lsd regardless of route of administration.
1p always seems like 1p in the same way 4acodmt always has that unmistakable 4acodmt experience...1p and street lsd are somewhat subjectively different and I'm extremely confident I and many others could tell them apart in a blind taste test...like I even find the visuals distinct on 1p from lsd.
ALD-52 on the other hand seems to me be practically indistinguishable from most of the street acid I've tried in my youth.

My experience is pretty similar to Ballz_Trippington's. I've taken 1P orally and sublingually and it doesn't seem to make a difference, it always produces the distinctive 1P effects. I've done blind tests with 1P, 1cP, and ALD where I put the blotter inside of a capsule and swallow it. I can always tell very easily whether I took 1P.

1P has a much heavier body load than LSD. It makes me feel awful and gives me really bad vasoconstriction symptoms. My hands get so numb and tingly that it's hard to use my fingers. It also has a pretty distinct headspace and visuals. For example, it has this distinct visual effect where at times my vision becomes very desaturated, but often times certain parts of my vision are still very colorful. Like the color is getting sucked out of my vision but getting concentrated on certain areas. It kind of looks like a colorized black and white image. Also the color scheme is unique. I always see a lot of reds and purples that I don't see on LSD or other prodrugs. The headspace is quite a bit trippier and more confusing than LSD. 1P is basically an entirely separate drug from LSD, though in some ways it is still pretty similar, in the same way 4-AcO-DMT feels like mushrooms but is also totally different.

ALD and 1cP seem a little different from LSD also, but they're similar enough that I consider them interchangable with each other. I have trouble distinguishing ALD from 1cP but I think I might be able to easily tell the difference if I had more experience with them. I would describe 1cP as being more relaxed and natural feeling. ALD seems the most like LSD to me. Maybe a little more rainbowy.

I wonder what it is that makes 1P feel so different from LSD. People have speculated that perhaps the unmetabolized drug produces its own effects. If that were the reason, 1P should be much more LSD-like when taken orally then sublingually, but that isn't the case. Could it be pharmacokinetics? Again, the fact that route of ingestion doesn't make a difference seems to rule out that possibility. I've even swallowed half a blotter of 1P, waited half an hour, then swallowed the other half and it still felt the same, just as rough as it is if I take it all at once.

Is it possible that after an LSD prodrug is metabolized the carboxylic acid it produces accompanies the LSD throughout the bloodstream and has an effect on its ability to pass through membranes or bind to receptors? That's the only explanation I can think of, but I don't know if it's feasible.

My experience with all of those is exactly the same as yours. Somehow in each of my trips, 1p came up very fast too, and is more distinctively speedy.

I get more auditory distortions with 1p, specifically in lower frequencies. Eth-lad, lsd25, mush, cactus, don’t do this for me. I’ve done acid since 14 years old and had hundreds of trips, but the first time (and every time) i drop1p, i get these little low-freq flubs when listening to music. Imust be just trippin’ man!

38 pages, and how many times have I agreed that 1p is a bit more speedy seeming after many tests;
and sometimes I like that a lot.

for now 1cp is usually my choice, less speedy seeming - maybe I'm taking Covid too seriously

I only tried 1p a couple of times (150mic, 250mic) and both times it felt a little rough around the edges. The body load wasn't unbearable, but it was definitely present and it had a tendency to put me in a weird withdrawn mood. Good old LSD feels way cleaner and enjoyable imo, as does AL-LAD and ETH-LAD. I'm considering giving it another go though.

it felt a little rough around the edges. The body load wasn't unbearable, but it was definitely present and it had a tendency to put me in a weird withdrawn mood. Good old LSD feels way cleaner and enjoyable imo... as does ETH-LAD. I'm considering giving it another go though.

I’ve only tried it once at 300ug and that was my experience too. Body load wasn’t too harsh but my mind was racing (coulda been the bhang at T:2 tho lol). Something I will eventually trial at various doses but for the time being ill shelf it proper - there are more exciting prospects to be tried first.

idk how you find all these specific types of drugs (wish i knew). anyway do any of these analogs work on different reeptors being that i cant trip on regular lsd due to medication im on.

idk how you find all these specific types of drugs (wish i knew). anyway do any of these analogs work on different reeptors being that i cant trip on regular lsd due to medication im on.
I don't think any lysergamide or even tryptamine will work near it's fullest if you are on certain medications.

Antidepressants or....SSRI's I believe can virtually nullify the effects.

There may be others too, Im green on this.

If you could divulge which exact medications you refer too, I expect some clever member here could give good advice.

I take too much Etizolam every day. 10 to 15 mg's.

But I can trip on these homologues even harder. In my own experience, heavy benzo use is not dulling my acid experiences.

But I also drink loads of kava- an excellent antidepressant and relaxant, plus anxiolytic in it's own rights, goes wickedly with LSD and Cannabis.

I only tried 1p a couple of times (150mic, 250mic) and both times it felt a little rough around the edges. The body load wasn't unbearable, but it was definitely present and it had a tendency to put me in a weird withdrawn mood. Good old LSD feels way cleaner and enjoyable imo, as does AL-LAD and ETH-LAD. I'm considering giving it another go though.
I much prefer 1cP to 1P. 1P can be quite abrupt, and yes, a bit low moodly.

1cP is nicer, happier, warmer and stronger too.

ALD 52 is my real favorite.

AL LAD is very very popular. Arguably the most recreational, less manic, easier...I hear.

I don't think any lysergamide or even tryptamine will work near it's fullest if you are on certain medications.

Antidepressants or....SSRI's I believe can virtually nullify the effects.

There may be others too, Im green on this.

If you could divulge which exact medications you refer too, I expect some clever member here could give good advice.

I take too much Etizolam every day. 10 to 15 mg's.

But I can trip on these homologues even harder. In my own experience, heavy benzo use is not dulling my acid experiences.

But I also drink loads of kava- an excellent antidepressant and relaxant, plus anxiolytic in it's own rights, goes wickedly with LSD and Cannabis.
zyprexa, limictill, adderall xanax and vyvanse.