• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Scale Thread (First wave - archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen this one mentioned here, maybe becuase it isnt even worth mentioning?

Jennings Precision Diamond Scale

# JPDS-10 Reads 50ct x 0.01ct // 10g x 0.001g
# Auto Calibration and zero tracking

http://jscale.com/product/Precision_Diamond_Scale.html
http://www.saveonscales.com/Jennings_Precision_Diamond_Scale.html

Id really like to hear some thoughts on this particular model before purchasing a decent scale.

The site says it isnt as accurate as the GEMPRO, which has bad reviews, but this scale's readability is 0.001g as compared to the Gempro's 0.002g.

Thanks for any input.

I am well happy with my acculab pp2060d, which has 1mg reading.

2 tricks that may help with errors in weighing (should be true for any scale):

a) use something fairly heavy to weigh stuff out on (1og or so), then tare your scale there. It may be more precise if the weight is not actually very minute but 10g plus the minute thing being weighed.

b) when slowly adding stuff to my pile until I get the desired weight, i find that it is sometimes a bit inaccurate. to remedy this, what I do is remove the amount that has been weighed out, put a new "carrier" (tray, or bit of paper) underneath - and tare it again of course - and then pour the whole amount (that I got by slowly adding till desired weight) onto the scale in one go. This quite often yields different (higher!) results. Worth a try. I like to double and triple check until I am sure I got the real weight for sure.

I have one of those scales that sp4zzj4zz mentioned. It seems to be somewhat inaccurate sometimes but at other times appears to be dead on. The inaccuracy I notice seems to be when adding small bits again and again and Ximot's adding the bit again to double check seemed to fix this problem somewhat.
I know the scale must be somewhat accurate because I'm lucky enought to have diabetes and therefore have an injecton device which gives out doses in very accurate aliquots of 1/100 of a ml. Each of these should weigh 10mg to within a tenth of a percent or so and the scale brings these up at 10mg each every time.

Jhon, so you think that I shouldnt have any problems weighing out compounds at or around the 20mg marker with that scale?

yeah i wondering about these jennings scales...the jpg-10 and jpg-20.

has anyone had any experience with these or conducted accuracy tests on them?

I picked up one of these bad boys on Ebay for $40.

Diagem II precise to 2mg.

It sucks if you try to weigh stuff out accurately at the very bottom of the range, but if you put a 5g weight on there (like a credit card) and then put your goodies on top of that it works beautifully.

Best of all I didn't have to waste a lot of money.

ebay has some scales accurate to 1mg right now for $77. Im getting one of these and selling my piece of shit gem pro.
link here

Has anyone tried that scale that Cat Again linked? A 1mg scale under $100 seems to good to be true...

and it might be. But ifyou do the same thing that BD recomended, which is put a credit card or something similar on first and than drop ur powder onto the credit card you should get a more accurate reading. And having a bad scale accurate to 1mg is better than having a bad scale accurate to 2mg.

I got an old balance on ebay that is accurate to 0.2mg. It works great and I only paid about $50 including shipping. It can only measure amounts smaller than 500mg but thats ok.

I know everyone absolutely raves about the Tanita 1020, but does anyone have any input on the JPrecision 10 (supposedly accurate to within 1mg)?

I have a similar analogue scale to that one and it is only accurate to about .1 of a gram or so, I find.

can anyone tell me a website selling the Tanita 1210-50 and is willing to ship INTERNATIONALLY (Estonia, to be specific)? thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.