• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ A few beers (2-5) before salvia is a really great combo. Most salvia veterans will attest to this. They are synergistic so you feel the effects more, but the beer calms you down and takes the edges (physical and mental) off of the salvia. The physical effects of salvia seem less uncomfortable and the whole trip just seems easier and more friendly.

The one time I tried salvia on a benzo (2 mgs clonazepam), I ended up becoming completely dissociated after smoking the salvia. I have vague recollections of rolling/walking around my entire 3 bedroom apartment for like 5 minutes before finally coming back to reality on the floor of my living room (started out on my bed). This was off a low dose of salvia that I normally would be able to handle. So from my experience beer > benzos with salvia.

And willow11, I know what you mean when you say you forgot that you smoked anything. That happened to me all the time at first. Rest assured that this effect will happen less and less the more you use salvia, if you ever use it again that is.:)

Delta9 said:
It also sometimes helps me work through things in my life.

Exactly. Once you begin to understand the Salvia presense more, and are able to "harness" it, she becomes quite the teacher. THis plant will show you all the obvious wrongs that are going on in your life, strait down to a humbling degree..for instance, if you are relying on others for survival and you should be working for yourself, paying your own way, salvia might literally turn you into a defenseless little baby stripped down to your core, googaga'ing on your back, looking "up and out" to the salvia presense as it shows you where you are and what you SHOULD be doing with your life in order to over come the said obstacle.

This is but one example. She, and i have come to realize the presense in this plant is DEFINATELY a she, can and will cover any topic you can think of, and help you find the resolve. The terror ends with this plant when you realize that it is not out to get you. It's not the cynical, dark and evil soul essense you thought it was. It is quite the opposite. It's there to help you. It's quite a fascinating phenomenon if you ask me. I can't believe something like this exists! To the outside observer you will look like a complete schizo while under the influence of this stuff. When i first started to realize what the trip was really about, and how to interact with it in the correct manner, i was talking to "myself"..what it seemed to others..when really i was talking to the salvia.. you'll understand when you get there.

To willow11. You described the beginning stages of salvia experimentation very accurately. I feel confident you will come to understand how to interact with this goddess..because she has a lot to show you.

Well, I already want to embark on this trip again- in my mind the whole experience is a weird blend of fear- my brain seems to want to shy away from the memory- but in another way it was the most fascinating intriguing thing thats happened to me (on a mystical level).

I think maybe the salvia prescence feels ruthless because the catalyst (the plant) is. However, I was so scared I just couldn't notice anything except the fear. Even when I called my girlfriends all I could mumble was "I'm soooo scared, oh, I'm so scared", but thats all I could do, kind of make one observation of my state. Pure visceral anxiety.

I'm struggling now to see the benefit of salvia- yet I felt I definitely 'touched the divine within. Or at least it touched me; bludgeoned me, more like it. :)

We should instaigate a mega-salvia help thread, this stuff is too mind boggling to be able to dismiss and I'm sure I'm not the only person unsure of how to approach this. Any links to salvia user groups would be good, I need therapy . . . :)

In The Art of Dreaming, by Carlos Castaneda he speaks of being in the 'second attention' and being overwhelmed by physical anxiety, whilst the mind was relatively calm. It seems that perhaps being in hugely altered states/ realms might automatically trigger the physiological flight or fight response of humans.

For me, it was pure flight ;)

Pipiltzitzintli

Lady salvia doesn't like debating, she comes straight to her point, with strenght and autority. She may insist harshly until you finally listen to her. And as I said, she has no mercy, if you listen to her she will show you , taking you straight to the point with no preliminaries, you can't just go and see her with nonchalance, you have to access the scale of your actions with impeccability, she won't leave you any place for indecision or carefreeness. Don't play the fool with her as she's not the one who would wait and comfort you, she won't ticle your self-centredness: the lesson is everything, you're nothing. Always go to her with respect and humility.

So yeh, it can be pure terror (because of her ruthless and mocking presence as noted willow11) but there's definately something more.

Salvia divinorum: Possible anti-addictive properties?

Hi all. Ever since my frist breakthrough salvia experience (easily the most firghtened I have ever been) I have found that my urge to take drugs, any drugs has vastly diminished. In fact, I am pretty much quitting everything I would normally take (alchohol, marijunan) because the effects have become very anxiety inducing. I have read previously that there is some mainly anecdotal evidence that salvia 'interrupts' addicitions- well, I can vouch for that to an extent.

Since that particualr trip I've smoked salvia several times, as well as DMT (smoked) at least twenty times and one experience each of LSD and mushrooms, but in no way have I wanted or been keen to do these things- its been a case of well its there so why not? (foolish I know).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I've seen the truth behind these drugs, that they largely confuse and distort the mind but I was curious as to whether anyone else has experienced anything similar? I've used drugs (mainly psychedelics) for the last ten years pretty enthusiastically, but the drive has gone. Instead, these drugs now just scare me.

ps. All the DMT trips were pleasant but a little boring, the LSD was hellish and the mushrooms very funny and enjoyable.

Did you just have a bad trip? Or did you really uncover a mystery of your life (i.e. doing drugs was not your purpose in life) etc.

salvia actually had that effect on me as well, its nice how that works. i guess i could say the same thing about mushrooms, as they do tend to help me want to kick all usage

but, you dont have to let them distort and confuse your mind.. moderation, set and setting, and intention are all keys. we just cant become dependant on them, try dissolving boundaries without the help of something external.

Well, you could say it was a bad trip in that I panicked very severely. The hallucinations and feeling/seeing the female prescence completely blew my mind. It was amazing, but as is the case with salvia so disorienting that I had no time to think coherently or ponder any issues in my life. On follow up experiences I began to really enjoy it and could relax and always immediately rememeber the previous trips completely.

Yet through all that and other psychonautical missions I've felt less and less like I shuld do any substance at all. I think this has lead me to intenese anxiety in almost any strange situation- anything odd or colorful or even if it has a pareticular taste reminds me vividly of the terror I felt when I took salvia. I'm still reluctantly smoking pot, but thats more habitual.

I wonder if any research has been done onto how salvia may achieve this reaction? From what I've heard it is not uncommon.

Salvia is one of my favourites. I find it very powerful (I forget if my eyes are open or closed etc. and my body seems far away and time has ceased) but I have learned to appreciate the salvia trip for what it is. I believe it to be a great teacher, and a benevolent one as well, despite its occasional tough love. I find the salvia experience to be healing.

Salvia is my favorite drug, and I'd say it works on your addictions by showing you their real effects and consequences... As such it won't help you quit something you dont want to quit already, if you're consciously making the decision to keep taking drugs.

The first time I let a friend of mine try Salvia I asked him what he thought of it afterward. He said:

"It made me not want to do drugs anymore."

I found that particularly interesting because he's not the type of person who reads into drug experiences at all. He's a recreational user in the truest sense of the word. If I were to ask him that same question after any other drug experience with any other drug he would either say "I liked it" or "I didn't like it".

The visuals?

I have no idea what a 'breakthrough' experience is, but I always have the same physical experience, or at least the same feeling in relation to the phsycial world around me and my visual thoughts.

In one sentence, salvia feels like reality is a picture on the inside of a trashbag which is deflating over my head, in the most uncomfortable and unsettling way possible.

Its almost as if your brain refuses to comprehend certain aspects of physical reality that it has always been telling you were there before. Reality gets reduced to only the surfaces that are visible and they melt together and feel much closer to the anchor of your phyical consciousness, your face. At the same time, your basic senses of up/down left/righ center become distorted, for some reason it always seems like i start to see much more out of one eye, usually my right i think. But those cardinal spatial directions, for me they become skewed in a reducing way, I have no sense of space behind my head or behind objects. Its all some sort of void that is filled with nothing ive ever comprehended before and everything that is really important. and its a really nihilistic feeling in retrospect because i know ill never understand it, and any explanation, no matter how well its thought out, will be as un-transcendental/clarifying as the above paragraph.

it also seems like, once i start losing my grasp, my brain freaks out and clings to my short term memories/inputs. so i get very frustrated during my short trip trying to forget about the room im in, what position my body is in, crap like that. i think that aspect might contribute to the feeling of 'holy shit, why is my downward pole of orientation sideways??' who knows

Oh, and theres also random skipping/lo-fi music playing in the background, often like something youd hear at a carnival hahah.

anyone ever thought they were going to swallow their tongue on one of those early trips, or thought there spit was parts of their flesh melting around?

thats my best guess and what i thought i experienced

Last edited by a moderator:
My sisters living room turned into a jungle and the plants were growing fast as hell and straight at me. Really weird stuff.

I would describe them as, "What the fuck am I looking at?" and everything looks normal but for some reason I have no idea what anything is.

I once smoked a bowl of Salvia 10x, then stumbled across the room and packed up another bowl, then smoked that and the next thing I knew I was laying sideways on the couch and thought I was the couch cushion and there was some kind of gameshow on the TV (there is no TV in the room) and I saw these strange alien entities who were the contestents on the gameshow and such. Then I realized the entities were my fish tanks being looked at while laying down.

During my only salvia breakthrough, I saw alien-ish totums all around me, beckoning. Everything I looked at was somehow an alien totum.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's always best to have a tripsitter when trying a strong psychadelic for the first time. Salvia is different enough from pretty much everything else that experience with other substances is no guarantee that you won't need a sitter for your first salv trip. At the very least, it's good to have someone to take the piece from you when you're done.

With Salvia Divinorum, no matter how powerful the trance...I find room noises will pull me right back out. That includes talking, or even just a squeeky chair. For this reason, I have been alone 99% of the times I've used S. Divinorum (always by smoking it). And the only thing worse than ambient noises is someone looking at you the whole time you are tripping...and the only thing worse than this would be someone asking, "Dude...are you alright...like, what is it like?" when I am trying to remain in a trance.

This may not be smart...as I have seen people get up and walk around while under its influence, and fall or stumble into things...all the while being completely unaware of their surroundings...or that they were even tripping.

So for that reason, I'd recommend you not use S. divinorum at all...and if you must...please do so with a trusted friend to keep you out of trouble...should it arise.

But I prefer to be alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.