• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

I think this stuff is seriously not worth it. I have been smoking it by apply the flame directly to the compound just to get rid of it, and I haven't even been weighing the doses because its so weak that doing it by eye isn't a problem. I would save my money on this one if I was you.

Not really best pleased, have tried smoked+ oral and only got mild relaxation and an enjoyable yet extremely short rush from smoking it. Im wondering whether it would be different if smoked upon cannabis, maybe a synergie?

I cant remember all the price breaks for this product when it was first offered, but it is now being sold very cheaply indeed if ordering larger quantities. Sheer speculation but that would suggest the stuff isnt selling atall.

Ive just bombed my first 150 mg of it. Its too early to report any effects yet...

I hope i like it seeing how cheap it is !

I have tried it three times now.

Today I took 215mg and vaporized some marijuana. On the peak I was sedated, some kind of drunk and my body felt numb.
This stuff has a nice synergy with cannabis.

Last edited:
Mine's gone now..

I'm glad I tried it, the first time was nice if mild. Mixing with codeine in small doses (I know, I know) went down well when I had a hangover but otherwise nothing to write home about. Maybe one day another methaqualone analogue will surface for me to try that will hold some of the mythical power of it's cousin but I'm not getting any more of this, really not worth it.

Yea I wont buy it again too but it can be fun no question.

Yesterday I had 300mg oraly which hit me quite hard and later snorted 1x 50mg and another one for 100mg, snorting it is quite nice it even feels a bit rushy and does remember me of drugs like 4-mec ect. but lasts even less long only like 5 minutes.
Snorting itself is no problem its is very mild to the nose but very fluffy so you easly get it in the lung and have to cough if you are not careful. I had nearly no drip so I think it gets absorbed in the nose very well.

I got ten grams recently and found 1g-1.5g orally feels great for a couple of hours. Always give it 72hrs between doses. Also do ascending dosages (allergic reactions) before ingesting 1g of white powder someone sent you thru the mail. These recommendations of .2-.5g are for skinny little girls maybe? I weigh 175lbs

Good for a rainy day at best....
Carisprodol type buzz

lol at snorting, smoking....

well im not a girl but weight only 65kg.

But since this was a prescribable drug for sleeping aid in France with a dosage of 300mg I would consider 1-1.5g quite hardcore but a drug addict gaba tolerant freak could take it I guess :D (no offense ^^)

None taken :) I've never just taken one xanax, one soma, or one of anything gabawise really....... I take that back!!!!!! One 750mg Placidyl was the bees kneez! Green beans!!!!!

Also, I'm 35 years of age and been around awhile and like to get fucked up, not really tolerant to anything.... but a permanent tolerance to all different classes of drugs develops I've found.

No offense to you either, I was probly outta line, but really, who takes one blue valium to have a good time?

One blue valium would make me feel like shit, two or three would send me to bed. No recreational value for me at all, good for sleeping off stims and that's about it :)

Here are some paraphrased comments on etaqualone from a friend of a colleague. The last comment might explain some of the trouble people have been having with this compound.

- The compound (reportedly free base) was off-white in colour, and coarse/granular in appearance. It could be crushed into a finer powder with more of a floury consistency.

- It was sparingly soluble in ddh2o at both neutral and acid pHs, leading me to wonder if poor bioavailability was a factor in other people's negative experiences. The compound dissolved readily in 100% EtOH at room temperature, at just over 100 mg/ml. Solubility in lower % EtOH appeared poor, however once dissolved in 100%, the slow drop-wise addition of ddH2O allowed me to adjust the % EtOH down to ~85% before the compound began to precipitate. Rapid addition of ddH2O caused immediate precipitation even if EtOH was still >95%.

- In EtOH, oral effects remained similar, however sublingual adsorption became possible, with a 10-25% increase in effect size per dose, onset within 20 min, and a duration closer to 2 hr. The % EtOH was too harsh for the mouth, and so 1 ml ddh20 was placed under the tounge, followed by 1 ml of etaqualone EtOH solution. This was held in place for 5-10 min, then repeated until the desired effects were reached.

- Dosing this compound is very strange. I could achieve a nice high from 250 mg sublingual, but redosing (even while still high) was nearly impossible. Doses of 500-750 mg were consumed within 2-8 hrs after the initial effects disappeared, but only threshold effects were produced. In fact, it took 2-3 days before 250 mg would produce a similar high as the initial dose. As far as I'm aware, 1-2 hr is too short for the induction of any known tolerance mechanisms, leading me to wonder if a metabolite of Etaqualone is an antagonist of the drug's effects.

hm in fact my gf said the same, she couldn't get any further effect from taking more but I was feeling quite a rush after snorting some more but I have to admit that the second line (which was even twice the size) had a much weaker effect.

But if a metabolite is a gaba antagonist the same should apply to methaqualone, well it is possible that just one methyl makes such a difference but its quite unlikely. But okay maybe there a some antagonists from methaqualone metabolism but are built up much slower (well fact is that ethaqualone is metabolized much faster). Maybe someone could search for methaqualone metabolites or if they maybe got characterized somewhere.

Etaqualone has an amazing ability was to sober me up from intense psychedelic experiences. I took around 300mg of it last night and it brought me right back down to earth from a 100mg mxe trip. I was very impressed since the residual stimulation from mxe is by far the worst aspect of its personality. Slept like a baby instead of tossing and turning for hours on end :)

Etaqualone has an amazing ability was to sober me up from intense psychedelic experiences. I took around 300mg of it last night and it brought me right back down to earth from a 100mg mxe trip. I was very impressed since the residual stimulation from mxe is by far the worst aspect of its personality. Slept like a baby instead of tossing and turning for hours on end :)

Very interesting, but I would not dare to mix these two substances... 8o :)

Will give it another try in the evening.

Last edited:
OK, first experiences. My mate brought some over last night, had two doses. First I bombed like 350mg, waited for a tiny effect for 90 minutes, then redosed with another 350. The effects were felt, but very mild. Mild warm feeling through the body and very mild euphoria. Overall a disappointment.

But then tonight, contemplating to send the rest of the bag down the toilet, I got the idea to smoke some on top of a bowl of weed. Maaan, a totally different story, the etaqualone on its own is much nicer and stronger than oral. I only add bumps of like 30-50mg. Will come back for again. Smoked I mean, not oral.

How is it compared to GHB?
The dosages that I read here are very high and that makes it kind of an expensive substance.

I dont use any benzos and very little GBL/GHB in the last months so there shouldnt be any higher than normal tolerances.
Will I need 300mg just to feel a little something? (75kg/male)

a little something maybe but I guess you will need 400+ for a good turn even I take 300 (65kg male) and normaly I need only very small ammounts to get high