• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

It is not advised to use this for injection as it is poorly soluble in water

What is the safe dose orally? and would this be safe to take with Olanzapine 20mg every night?

I actually found 400mg pretty euphoric. It was a very drunk feeling but not sedating. I don't remember much of the experience though. I think I was just prank calling people all evening. I always do this when drinking too.

It is not advised to use this for injection as it is poorly soluble in water

Surely all that is required is to use an acid to convert it to a salt as one would with any other freebase drug? In any case it appears to be soluble in alcohol as stated in previous posts, though would the drug precipitate out when the solution was diluted with water?

I have some on order and will post back when I have had a chance to experiment with it.

:)

Last edited:
it will pretty surely perticipate after injection which is pretty dangerous.

But converting it to the salt should do the trick

Methaqualone and ethaqualone don't have protonatable nitrogens and can't form salts.

Dont inject quinazolones. And don't inject alcoholic solutions either.

Methaqualone and ethaqualone don't have protonatable nitrogens and can't form salts.

Dont inject quinazolones. And don't inject alcoholic solutions either.
Methaqualone and etaqualone can form salts. Parest, Somnafac and Optimil had 400mg of methaqualone hydrochloride. Tuazole and Biphetamine-T were the resinate for extended release. The hydrochloride is actually weaker and less lipid soluble than the freebase. This is probably why brands with the freebase(Mandrax, Sopor, and Quaalude) were more popular even though the didn't have as high a dose.

Even the hydrochloride of methaqualone is only soluble in a hot acidic water or alcohol, not anything you'd want to inject. Don't know about other salts. However with methaqualone it has been used IV http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/44/1/83.short . I'm not sure what they used to dissolve it. I think I read somewhere that they used 300mg, can't find the full article now. However, they were anesthetized quickly, with muscle spasms at first, then woke up after 10-15minutes. I'd agree that etaqualone shouldn't be inject without more research. General anesthesia isn't really something to do at home.

Methaqualone itself was only half as toxic as the least toxic barbiturate phenobarbital and was less likely to cause respiratory/cardiac depression by itself. However it was more likely to cause seizures and bleeding. With methaqualone the biggest killers were car accidents, non-vehicular accidents, homicides, and suicide, not so much accidental OD. So don't drive, do something stupid or get into fights on etaqualone.

Supposedly mecloqualone was much less toxic then methaqualone. I can't find shit on ethaqualone even though it was used medically. It might not be as "safe" relative to methaqualone or mecloqualone, not that they're safe in the first place. It did almost kill a member of this site.

Last edited:
I guess the non-amide nitrogen could in theory be protonated. It doesn't look like a "salt forming compound" - but caffeine forms salts I guess so who knows.

Are there any reports of daily abuse with this compound? Many of these posts refer to either first time use or a small number of 'tests'. In other words, does the compound seem to lack appreciable reinforcing properties?

I expect the cost per dose will lead to daily etaqualone use becoming rapidly unsustainable. Illicit BZDs would probably seem to be more reinforcing and popular due to their relatively small doses and greater availibility on the grey/black markets.

It seems that most reports suggest it's enjoyable enough but doesn't neccesarily have any benefits over "safer", more researched sedatives.

sekio said:
I expect the cost per dose will lead to daily etaqualone use becoming rapidly unsustainable.
Depends if it's half way decent. With the economy of scale it could get cheap if it was popular. I mean in Europe mephedrone was very popular even though it was nowhere near as potent as MDPV.

However I have some other concerns. First about the purity. Someone early said they did a GC/MS on etaqualone and it was very pure. However other makers might not bother cleaning it up and other isomers might not be picked up with GC/MS AFAIK. The potential impurities are similar to aniline and the para isomer may be a convulsant. There were many problems with the impurities in bootlegged ludes, probably a big part in it's demise. Also the negative health effects of mandrax in South Africa sounds almost like toxicity from toluidine and the toxic para isomers.

Also methaqualone in high doses can cause bleeding. The doses of etaqualone are rather high. Does the lethal/toxic dose of etaqualone correspond to it's lower potency?

Etaqualone was used medically in France, but there's almost nothing online about it. Shit can anyone find at least something in rats?

[quote TheAzo]
What dosage ranges have people been taking of this stuff?

I've worked it up to 250mg, followed by ~100mg several hours later.

What sort of doses have others been taking?
Has anyone experienced unexpected side-effects at higher doses yet? (aside from negrogesic's near-death experience with ~1g with benzos)

Has anyone mixed it with small amounts of alcohol and know how strongly it synergizes? I know methaqualone was commonly taken with small amounts of alcohol....
[/quote]
I wouldnt be too gung ho about mixing it with alcohol because both lower your inhibitions and you may take more than u plan. also alcohol might affect the way and speed ur body can process this drug. I'm not one to say DONT do it, it's your body and life, and I am not a DR. I do know people who swear by drinking alcohol and taking GHB. They aren't dead, however I have seen it go horribly wrong in a club with someone I do not know. what ever you choose be safe, and if you do choose to mix it, please post up so others can learn safe doses, ya know?

So, just a heads up 2 years later :)
I have mixed 3 beers with [approx] 2.1MG Ghb.. I can see how it is both fun and dangerous.

I have drank a 750ML bottle of 80Proof Vodka and then gone on to take 5 to 10mg MMQ[While NOT ETQ, it's similar enough to throw my .02 cents for the sake of information]... Not the best idea. I was fine, but I gave a friend the rest of my vial due to the fact that I might get drunk again and take more, leading to an unfavorable outcome.

Hello.

Anyone tried Etaqualone on tail end of Methoxetamine experience and how good/bad was it ? Is it safe?

Hello.

Anyone tried Etaqualone on tail end of Methoxetamine experience and how good/bad was it ? Is it safe?

Etaqualone has an amazing ability was to sober me up from intense psychedelic experiences. I took around 300mg of it last night and it brought me right back down to earth from a 100mg mxe trip. I was very impressed since the residual stimulation from mxe is by far the worst aspect of its personality. Slept like a baby instead of tossing and turning for hours on end :)

I took it six times now and the highest dosage was 400mg.
A friend of mine took it about ten times and another one took it two times.

We all experienced the same effects as described in my posts before, but I have to say that none of us has hardly any tolerance to GABAergic substances.
My best experience with Etaqualone was 300mg with some weed and nitrous oxide. The nitrous oxide lasts longer and it gives you a nice and strong body high, a lack of coordination and some kind of clear-headed drunkenness. Please be careful, I do not think that this is a safe combination!

Last edited:
Freebase should work fine orally - your stomach is full of HCl that will make it into a salt when you eat it

So, this substance seems to be less malevolent than its methaqualone-cousin, is that correct? I guess one should still be cautious with the dosage, as it must have a pretty nasty convulsant effect in the higher doses. I remember the methaqualone being judged by most as simply not worth it, riskwise. The dosage needed for effect were overlapping with the OD-level, meaning it had seriously no theurapeutical window. How is it with this one? Is there any way to use it safely (i.e. starting low, not going over 400mg a session or something) or is it like M-qualone?

Are you thinking of Methylmethqualone - thats known for inducing seizures

How do I basify this compound? Say that I have 1g of it, can I just dissolve it in 100ml ethyl alcohol, add baking soda then evaporate? Will this work, and will it improve the quality of experience, possibly?