• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

Is there any difference in oral bioavailability between the hcl and the freebase forms?

Got no idea how strong or good the actual methaqualone felt like but I gave ethaqualone a try, keep in mind I have been on 4mg-5mg clonazepam/day since 04', dependent on opiates for 4-5yrs, and since ive quit opiates ive been drinking a lot (more than usual)...also since 04' I tried and abused almost every benzo on the market so my GABA tolerence is high to begin with. I've had the z drugs like Imovane which is horrible and Ambien which is okay, also Soma so alot of GABAergics.

I took 400mg, 20 min to come up, redosed 400mg at this point and from this point on for about 1-2hrs I felt a nice MDMAish euphoria/mild energy along with the GABAerigic effect. Not a strong euphoria by any means nor strong feeling, not walking into walls or anything like that. I wanted to try smoking it, dont do it, it doesnt do shit this way nor is there anything there.

Tolerence to it builds faster than with the z drugs like zopiclone which youll know what im talking about if u ever had that shit more than a 2-3 days in a row.

Conclusion: HONESTLY better/more euphric a soma with a tiny codeine or a benzo and a beer.

p.s. most i took at once was 600mg

Here are some paraphrased comments on etaqualone from a friend of a colleague. The last comment might explain some of the trouble people have been having with this compound.

- The compound (reportedly free base) was off-white in colour, and coarse/granular in appearance. It could be crushed into a finer powder with more of a floury consistency.

- It was sparingly soluble in ddh2o at both neutral and acid pHs, leading me to wonder if poor bioavailability was a factor in other people's negative experiences. The compound dissolved readily in 100% EtOH at room temperature, at just over 100 mg/ml. Solubility in lower % EtOH appeared poor, however once dissolved in 100%, the slow drop-wise addition of ddH2O allowed me to adjust the % EtOH down to ~85% before the compound began to precipitate. Rapid addition of ddH2O caused immediate precipitation even if EtOH was still >95%.

- In EtOH, oral effects remained similar, however sublingual adsorption became possible, with a 10-25% increase in effect size per dose, onset within 20 min, and a duration closer to 2 hr. The % EtOH was too harsh for the mouth, and so 1 ml ddh20 was placed under the tounge, followed by 1 ml of etaqualone EtOH solution. This was held in place for 5-10 min, then repeated until the desired effects were reached.

- Dosing this compound is very strange. I could achieve a nice high from 250 mg sublingual, but redosing (even while still high) was nearly impossible. Doses of 500-750 mg were consumed within 2-8 hrs after the initial effects disappeared, but only threshold effects were produced. In fact, it took 2-3 days before 250 mg would produce a similar high as the initial dose. As far as I'm aware, 1-2 hr is too short for the induction of any known tolerance mechanisms, leading me to wonder if a metabolite of Etaqualone is an antagonist of the drug's effects.

I just ordered 3gs of this stuff. Now I'm thinking I may have made a bad decision, but I don't want to waste the stuff so I will try this. My plan is to dilute 2g in 20ml of pure ethanol and sublingually administrate 400mg for my first dose (after the allergen test) and save 1g to try smoking lower doses along with tobacco. Does this sound like a chill way to experiment with this compound? I'm not buying it again, but I do want to get something out of this, so I'm just looking for the most surefire way to get some affects.
Also, I used to take a lot of benzos and opiates, btu I haven't taken any GABA drugs on a regular basis for almost two years now and I will not drink for two weeks before I dose this stuff. Think this should work, or should I try a different ROA/dosage for my first try?

What ROA were you using, lastest? In my experience the effects of etaqualone are only really noticeable when it's vaped. The effects from insufflation and oral dosing are subtle at best, but vaping even small quantities gave me a relaxed rush and a bit of decent euphoria.

I don't see how you could have much tolerance when you couldn't even feel the effects the other night. Even so, you don't need much when you're vaping it, you should have more than enough left over to get you high.

Here are some paraphrased comments on etaqualone from a friend of a colleague. The last comment might explain some of the trouble people have been having with this compound.
Thank you
Etaqualone has an amazing ability was to sober me up from intense psychedelic experiences. I took around 300mg of it last night and it brought me right back down to earth from a 100mg mxe trip. I was very impressed since the residual stimulation from mxe is by far the worst aspect of its personality. Slept like a baby instead of tossing and turning for hours on end :)
Nice, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Doesn't sound like something I'd use very often at all though. I had my hopes. Glad I checked here.

take 400 at once on a empty stomache and you will fell the effects for sure

Posted this in EADD but I will report it here:

Is there any real reason not to vaporize this as opposed to blowing £ on oral dosing? I know that a lot of people are looking down on vaped doses due to smoking Qualudes being toxic, but I am under the impression that is just due to the fact you are smoking binders...
I am a pretty big guy and I suspect the oral dose I would need for desired effects could be anywhere up to half a g!

Can someone outline the main differences with dosing vaped and oral, their onset and duration?

A vaped dose last minutes, are you sure about that? I know effie has vaped so I will ask over in EADD.

Hi guys i was wondering since methaqualone seems like such a superior compound is there an easy method for converting one to the other?

220mg gelcapped orally on an empty stomach made me feel quite pleasant, it came on within 15 mins or so, feeling physically very nice like a benzo but without the sedation - but the sedation and slightly drunk feeling then came after about 45 minutes, I was in an unusually good mood and disinhibited, not a state I would describe as euphoric though. It made me quite readily talkative and I laughed a lot over the following couple of hours, but I noticed the good mood evaporate quite abruptly after 2hrs 45mins, became slightly irritable, in a state more like what diazepam does to me, physically a little uncoordinated and sleepy.

I don't know if it's my imagination or not but 10mg of the powder held under the tongue made me quite rapidly and convincingly 'wobbly eyed' and giddy for a minute or two, almost like a hit of nitrous oxide....

Hello.

Is it possible to use Etaqualone by intramuscular injection ?

Maybe someone could tell us about range of doses with this method ?

Thank you in advance.

Was disappointing with a 270mg dose. It was just a drowsy feeling for no more than an hour. No euphoria. Much prefer etizolam. Next time I'll go for 350mg.

Was disappointing with a 270mg dose. It was just a drowsy feeling for no more than an hour. No euphoria. Much prefer etizolam. Next time I'll go for 350mg.

I've done from 250 - 600mg oral and the only difference was around the 300mg mark I can stay awake and feel drowsy, and above 500mg I just feel really tired and drowsy and eventually fall asleep. So if 270mg doesn't give any euphoria don't get you're hopes up too much about higher doses being much better; I find etizolam much better than etaqualone in almost every aspect.

I've done from 250 - 600mg oral and the only difference was around the 300mg mark I can stay awake and feel drowsy, and above 500mg I just feel really tired and drowsy and eventually fall asleep. So if 270mg doesn't give any euphoria don't get you're hopes up too much about higher doses being much better; I find etizolam much better than etaqualone in almost every aspect.

I tried 350mg on a different day, it is probably on the same level of euphoria as etizolam but the effects are quite different. It isn't worth it for the price and it's likely more toxic than etizolam.

Just tried Etaqualone for the first time. I vaped 50 mg and it gave a nice, relaxed mood without any anxiety or worries. I do use benzos (and am aware of the dangers of mixing benzos with Etaqualone) since I'm an addict but I have a huge tolerance to benzos and am anyway going through benzo withdrawal now. I can definitely see how this could help with sleep and anxiety caused by the benzo WD. Vaporising is quite effective, 50 mg was enough to produce a very relaxed and nice state, but not in any way too intoxicating.

I tried 350mg on a different day, it is probably on the same level of euphoria as etizolam but the effects are quite different. It isn't worth it for the price and it's likely more toxic than etizolam.

What evidence is there to conclude it's toxic? Do you mean neurotoxic?

Edit: I wouldn't vape more than 50 mg as long as I use benzos though. However that dose is perfectly manageable.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use it via IM injection ? Is it safe? Anyone tried this route of administration?

Thank you in advance.