• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The Big and Dandy Etaqualone Thread

If you have the salt, you could convert it to the freebase with sodium carbonate, but the only benefit there is to convert it to a smokeable form. Oral administration will turn it right back to the hcl salt when it hits your tummy.

I'm obtaining 3g of this substance, which is quite disappointly expensive, but not that much so when I compare it to my previous dilaudid addiction.

The fucking methadone doc cut my valium dosage in 2, then from wednesday and on i'm supposed to take just 5mg a day and so on.

I've been using benzos everyday since 2007, it didn't seem to make them budge about "Benzos must not be mixed with methadone" even when I told them about my obvious large tolerance.

So I'm getting this before seeing my psy doc who will rescript me 10mg x 2 a day of diazepam. Because right now I already feel bad enough, the methadone seems to do it's job, but reducing my diazepam intake to 10mg a day just isnt cutting it and i'm having tons of sudden jerks in my legs, hands etc.

I find him (methadone doc) to be an irresponsible son of a bitch, anyway I hope the etaqualone will hold me before I meet my psy (which is a pretty long wait, called today, got an appointment in late december.

Will I really need to take 300mg of it a day ? Because that's just a mere 9/10 doses..

Yeah, given that methaqualone was dosed around there, 300mg sounds reasonable with no methadone in you. Probably less would suffice as an anxiolytic though.
You definitely need to titrate up slowly though because it's not the exact same as a benzodiazepine and could interact unexpectedly with your methadone. No sense in bombing 300mg and dying in an hour.

You can see why this compound isn't really exploding onto the market. re cost vs dose weight.

This stuff also has a ridiculous short half life of about 30 mins or sth.

I would recommend you to look it Etizolam which is much better substitution for diazepam and has longer halflife of about 6h 1mg or 2 mg split over they day should be enough for your relativ low diazepam usage.

I didn't find this a very interesting compound. I believe I tried doses of 250, 400, and 500mg. Even at 500 it was barely noticeable; about as sedating and strong as a normal therapeutic dose of a benzo (eg. 20mg diazepam).

This stuff also has a ridiculous short half life of about 30 mins or sth.

I would recommend you to look it Etizolam which is much better substitution for diazepam and has longer halflife of about 6h 1mg or 2 mg split over they day should be enough for your relativ low diazepam usage.

Problem is the only provider I know of which is inside my country (i refuse to order from places that would cross the border) which I know is reliable, sells its etizolam really fuckin expensive.

Anyway, I got my normal dosage of diazepam again, my pdoc couldnt believe what the methadone clinic did and supposedly he's going to call them and not have nice things to tell them.

I know where my etaqualone package is and I should get tomorrow or wednesday. It's short acting like xanax is eh ? (i don't feel xanax much more 45mins-1 hour from 2mg, a bit more is different story).

Would you guys think 175-200mg be fine ? I know it's a bit expensive but I also bought it for the novelty, thinking I could never ever get to taste what mandrax was all about, but i guess i can almost taste it now, also ethaqualone does not scare me because it is still in use in France. Way less than before but still is considered a safe med for people who have problems GETTING TO SLEEP, which is my main issue.

Especially since I had an hydroxyzine script (50mg gelcaps) before going into detox and the fucking retard of a doc also gave me just a month worth of it with no renewal. I can't go to my GP to get it again he'll be obviously like "the hell you want more atarax for ? I already scripted you 50mg a day for 6 months!

So, I'm putting a little faith in this. Etizolam prices make it impossible to get for me. (Lowest amount available from them is hmm, well, expensive, stupid rule, sorry, its the only one i dont like here :\

Can anyone report on a good dosage for the HCl? I have 1g, but I've heard it's far less effective than the freebase, and the person who gave it to my friend who then gave it to me said it was very subtle and weak at 600-800mg if I remember right - this would make me think it'd be safe to take the entire 1g in one go, but due to this definitely not sounding very safe with the Freebase version, I wanted a second opinion first.

Also, can the HCl be smoked at all? Even if it's 2-3x weaker than smoked Freebase, if it works at all I'd go for that route instead since it's easier for me to titrate up.

Etaqualone MW 264
HCl MW 36.5

Which makes HCl is ~87% as strong as free base
I wouldn't smoke the HCl. As far as I know when methaqualone is smoked it is always as free base

You could always alkalise the stuff with sodium (bi)carbonate/hydroxide if you want a free base. If using it orally the f/b will convert to HCl in your stomach so it's totally pointless

i bought some of this. i'm considering to use it in combination with mpa, do you have any advise, or any good health reason why such combination shouldn't be tried? if not simultaneously, could at least be useful after pma use, to stop de residual stimulation and sleep?

I decided to dose 350mg orally since it's far better to undershoot than overshoot with these kinds of sedatives - waiting for it to kick in now.

I did attempt to smoke approximately 35mg off foil despite it being HCl and was greeted with an immediate lovely pleasant rush. The smell is horrible though and it feels like I poured acid into my lungs. Definitely not something I'd recommend doing, but as far as the effects - it seemed to work, and the potency must be pretty decent if I got a rush from just 35mg. Effects are on the light side though - hope this doesn't cause insta tolerance that'll stop my 350mg kicking in though.

Edit: Wow, added a small amount of alcohol and this is AMAZING - one of the best highs I've ever felt, as much empathy as MDMA, the lovely feel good chill of opiates.. etaqualone gets my thumbs up!!!! :D

Last edited:
I'm seeing this on many RCs sites and in the darkinterwebz. It sounds interesting because i've always wondered about Quaaludes and imagines how fun it would be if i took one. So i might order from the uk since it's still legal in usa.

Edit: Wow, added a small amount of alcohol and this is AMAZING - one of the best highs I've ever felt, as much empathy as MDMA, the lovely feel good chill of opiates.. etaqualone gets my thumbs up!!!! :D
You must be the first person to say this because most people said it sucks.
Did you take GHB before or any kind of benzo and how does it compare?

One more reason against it is that Im quite happy to not take benzos once in a while to feel normal so I guess I will stay away from these gaba drugs for very long.

EQ Plugged

following the thread, oral is the only ROA which is a bit consensual. Vaping has a point, but inhaling a proper quantity of smoke/material is just ridiculous.

I'm a big plugging fan, as reference I'd chose plugged 2ml of gbl :))) (which gives instant relaxed euphoria + libido boost)......

So here we go: Dissolving 500mg EQ in 65% Ethanol, then hitting it up the bum in several goes.

t+00 first plug: 100mg in alcoholic solution: Damn, it hurts the anus like a disinfectant, but fades after 2 minutes. Feeling relaxed and cosy right now, nothing spectacular tough but unresolved RL issues seem less important.

t+20min 2nd plug: 200 mg alc (65% ) solution: previous effects get stronger, inhibitions get loose, beginning to stomble> loss of physical coordination.

t+30min 3rd plug: alc diluted 200 mg: Strong urge to sleep. Feeling like 4mg Etizolam. Can't hold my eyes open anymore.

Conclusion of 500 mg plugged: feels like being drunk without the metabolic side effects +
being on 150mg codeine + 4mg Etizolam

Updade: Duration of main effects < 2h which is surpisigly short for a downer...

In my opinion EQ is too unpredictable for having a distinct recreational value. EQ shines as sleeping aid but lacks uniqueness in that domain as the high can easily be reproduced by a downer-cpmbo. EQ doesn't play in the same league as GBL/GBL, heavy opiates or other classic downers. Not even considering that 65% Ethanol irritates the hell out of the the rectum if plugged

Last edited:
lollercoasters

^ Its cool. The ADD rules have special clauses that not everybody knows about. For example, you can break the "no source" rule - even if you know about it - as long as you lost $4500 at the poker tables earlier. That makes you exempt. ;)

lol nice i needed something to make me laugh. I've been struggling with Benzo withdrawal. if anyone can help get me through this please im me.
anyways i see these posts are from 08. Well it's 2013 and while looking for nethylketamine i came across etaqualone. i can't find any info on it but I'm sure as hell going to try it.
anyways what's the story with ludes? how did the government completely get rid of every pill? isn't there scientist that can develop it on the black market or did they rid of all the precursors too? is it possible to convert etaqualone to methaqualone?
@sp0r412

methaqualone is still made illegally in africa, but the precursors are controlled in the western world & I'm pretty sure methaqualone lost FDA approval a long time ago.
you cannot convert ethaqualone to methaqualone, and even if you could, we wouldn't allow discussion here of how to do it.

@jesusgreen interesting read! may i ask what and how much alcohol you drank alongside the EQ? i heared this is a fairly unsafe combo, but i guess thats dose depended (2 CNS depressants?)
i still got some around, done some trials months back but didnt get anything. havent tried vaping tho. might consider converting it to freebase (btw do i need to liquify in sodium carb and evap?)

ETQ vaporises just fine without basification. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in the basic forrm.

Vaped it is very shortlived and requires a lot of material to be inhaled. I wouldn't bother.

Etizolam prices make it impossible to get for me. (Lowest amount available from them is hmm, well, expensive, stupid rule, sorry, its the only one i dont like here :\

It may seem high but considering the potency of Etizolam it's par for the course on a cost-per-dose basis. If you could order any less amount you'd need a magnifying glass.