• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big and Dandy DOT/Aleph-1 Thread

shulgin had his intellectual atomic bomb experience described in the beginning of pihkal at 5mg. DOT might have produced his best TR!

If this stuff causes ego-inflation, then G_P had best stay away!! ;)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA

*taps fingers together*

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaian Planes said:
yes...i have a feeling DET will come to us after enough time waiting. I have another feeling DET will be a gentle loving mother <3

DET?What DET?Ah you mean this insect repellent.Ah I see its a diethylamide so it must be hallucinogenic ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEET

As for DOT,my 7.5mg trial wasn't particularly strong,it only lasted weeks (if I wouldn't have aborted it).10mg will give you a decent experience I guess.I wouldn't try 20mg right on,with the variance of the Alephs!

How long did it last before you aborted it? I got the impression this was pretty short lived? Weeks? Haha, sounds intense.

Man, I just checked out my DOT vial and the solution has turned a dirty yellowish color. That means degradation, doesn't it? Does anyone suppose it would still be safe to consume? I'll post a picture sometime if necessary. It sure would be a shame if this rarity became useless because I didn't experiment beyond my first. It's just too long and strange a chemical to try very often.

EDIT: *fixes G_P's post* There, that's better

im sure its still safe to consume.
if it degraded it probably just got weaker rather than turning into a more dangerous chemical.

if u see some sort of mold or something swimming around than id avoid it.

whats it disolved in?

Distilled water with a bit of alcohol. Either that or vodka. I can't remember and it's not handy at the moment. It's possible it's just water but I never do that so I doubt it.

I think I will try to get a hold of a gram of this to experiment with. I will put it onto blotter tabs at 2mgs a square 1/4in. Sounds like a good one.

no do not put on blotter tabs...WHY

so somebody can get confused and take it thinking its acid and have a really shitty first acid trip? :(

man just don't do it...even if your intentions are good it will somehow likely get distributed and be called acid at some point.

Aleph is a cool drug (toy-like sorta from the low doses I've taken although I'm sure this changes with high doses), its NOTHING LIKE LSD AND WILL NEVER SUBSTITUTE FOR LSD.

If you're looking for a LSD substitute then KEEP LOOKING BECAUSE THIS IS NOT IT.

If you put it on blotter, that blotter should say "THIS IS NOT ACID! IT'S DOT!" on every single square. :D

It's dangerous to put this on blotter, as it's likely a monoamine oxidase inhibitor. Aside from that, dosing with blotter paper is rather inaccurate.

Man, I just checked out my DOT vial and the solution has turned a dirty yellowish color.
Thioethers are likely to become sulfones via hydrolysis in H2O -- but sulfones are usually colourless so I doubt that's the final product, perhaps something intermediate to the coloured compound. In the presence of chloride ions in the solution, it could possibly follow through to the sulfonyl chloride, which could be yellow. Another possibility is the transient production of the sulfene, which would be yellow too. These compounds would probably be very toxic in large amounts, but I'm not certain they would be in the tiny amounts you would ingest.

but still dont pour it down the drain! there is no rush, and with a chem that rare i would hold onto it and figure out exactly whats going on.

Well, in the event of the generation of the sulfonyl chloride (I guess two Cl- ions could attack the sulfone and pop off chloromethane and leave the sulfonyl chloride) it would react immediately with the amine of the molecule to form a very stable and nonreactive dimer-like sulfonamide product. Perhaps this is also the cause of the yellowing, and this would not be toxic. So maybe it's nothing to worry about at all.

Last edited:
would frozen 80%DH2O/20%vodka in an amber vial be a good way to store it?