• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big and Dandy DOT/Aleph-1 Thread

What was the duration, S_S (and/or hugo)?

Reading your report, hugo, it looks like a 6 hour duration... but I had thought this was very long like the other DOXs. If it's only a few hours I might try this sooner than later.

from me, I will wait until I get another trial at what I hope to be +3.

I will say however that by T+7 or 8ish I was still noticing some residual activity and it took a bit of time falling asleep (a tiny bit restless).

Hugo seems to think that this one is erratic in its effects and Shulgin also thinks this. Its something to keep in mind when dosing it (don't dose expecting to be baseline by 5-6 hours bc maybe you will but maybe you won't).

The 4-thio-PEAs are a strange bunch.

2C-T-7 seems to be highly variable as well ... 2C-T-2 maybe slightly less so. There is a report of 5 mg IV T-7 being overdose territory, whereas 30 mg orally can be disappointing for some. T-7 seems to have the poorest/most erratic absorption, which is eliminated with intranasal or rectal admin. There's another report of 1 mg IV T-2, which is said to be more intense than 20 mg oral. When I get around to trying DOT, I'll probably try insufflating 1 mg, and repeating to desired level.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for the duration comments... I had it in my mind that this one's duration was similar to the other DOXs, but it seems as if it's most likely going to be quite a bit shorter.

Here is a sexy pic. I sure do want to try this one. :)

ALEPH.bmp

I have never tried DOT / Aleph-1 (2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylthiophenylisopropylamine), but I have enjoyed 2ct2 more than once; however, I think 3-methoxy-4-methylthiophenylisopropylamine (2-des-MeO-DOT) would give a better high than DOT.

Just my 2 cents.

<pyridinyl_30> said:
I have never tried DOT / Aleph-1 (2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylthiophenylisopropylamine), but I have enjoyed 2ct2 more than once; however, I think 3-methoxy-4-methylthiophenylisopropylamine (2-des-MeO-DOT) would give a better high than DOT.

Just my 2 cents.
Have you tried it? If not, do you have any reason to believe this ? I believe that certain 4-alkoxy-3-methoxy-phenylisopropylamines are active in man.
Anyways, this discussion is not relevant to the thread.

Active as psychedelics? That would require something at the 2 or 3 then I believe to be a 5-HT2 agonist i.e. mescaline-like effects.

morninggloryseed said:
Active as psychedelics? That would require something at the 2 or 3 then I believe to be a 5-HT2 agonist i.e. mescaline-like effects.
look for a poster called "demonic" at the hyperlab for bioassay

<pyridinyl_30> said:

Just my 2 cents.

That is likely to be an even more potent inhibitor of MAO (consider 4-MTA's structure); a 3,4-substituted PEA/amphetamine is going to fit very snugly into the active site of the enzyme & 4-alkylthio groups seem to prevent the enzyme achieving active conformation. The addition of the two methoxyls at positions 2 & 5 to the structure of 4-MTA considerably reduces it's MAO inhibitor activity (yet it's still clinically significant). 3-methoxy-4-methylthioamphetamine seems (to me at least) to be just asking for trouble

2C-T-7 seems to be highly variable as well ... 2C-T-2 maybe slightly less so. There is a report of 5 mg IV T-7 being overdose territory, whereas 30 mg orally can be disappointing for some. T-7 seems to have the poorest/most erratic absorption, which is eliminated with intranasal or rectal admin

Again, 5mg of 2C-T-7 via the IV route is going to give a very rapid, high plasma level of the drug if the intestinal absorbtion is as erratic as is being claimed and I'm sure that's what's lead to fatalities with it in the past when administered nasally (the hyperthermia & convulsions seem pretty good indicators of that). I honestly think people should think very carefully before considering any route other than oral for DOT or any of the 2,5-dimethoxy-4-alkylthio compounds

^ yeah good point also. I think I'm going to return to my plans for oral. I have it mixed with water and a little bit of vodka anyways to fend off bacteria growth. I dont think even a little bit of vodka should touch my anal cavity! 8o

I've always been sketched out by the thio-amphetamines and thio-PEAs--it seems like they have a higher potential for toxicity than their oxygenated brothers. As F&B mentioned above, there is the significant potential for MAO inhibition. As such, I don't think that any thio-PEA would be safe for me to take (I wouldn't want to risk serotonin syndrome or hypertension).

samadhi_smiles said:
^ yeah good point also. I think I'm going to return to my plans for oral. I have it mixed with water and a little bit of vodka anyways to fend off bacteria growth. I dont think even a little bit of vodka should touch my anal cavity! 8o

Haha,with the sulfur there Aleph might be antibacteriell itself.

Don't dose too high,take it orally,and with nothing else and you should be fine with these Sulfides.The second trial was the only one I ever had some problems with T's.

Riemann Zeta said:
I've always been sketched out by the thio-amphetamines and thio-PEAs--it seems like they have a higher potential for toxicity than their oxygenated brothers. As F&B mentioned above, there is the significant potential for MAO inhibition. As such, I don't think that any thio-PEA would be safe for me to take (I wouldn't want to risk serotonin syndrome or hypertension).
Glad to see I'm not alone in this. With all due respect MGS, I find nothing remotely attractive about this molecule (or any of the sulphuric PiHKAL compounds, for that matter).

Is the reason for the wink that 77k is you, by chance (directed at Vanadium)?

Season to taste.

I'm not fond of fish (other than in my aquariums) but others love to eat cold blooded animals and bugs of the sea.

In my playbook 2C-T-7 ranks highest in its class (still have not tried mescaline) and I find a common warm glow in 2 out of 3 of the 2C-Ts I've tried.

I admit I've never really dreamed too much of the ALEPHs the way I have about 2C-T, 2C-T-21, and a few others....but it's not the usual 36 hour DOx experience...that it is short certainly warrents further exploration in my book. And certainly the reports don't sound generic....just erratic. I do hope to be blessed with the chance to to try!

Jamshyd said:
Glad to see I'm not alone in this. With all due respect MGS, I find nothing remotely attractive about this molecule (or any of the sulphuric PiHKAL compounds, for that matter).