Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmic_Fantasy said:
Any tips on how I should clean this up? Should I just do an ammonia wash/Dh2o? Should I dissolve in naptha and see if impurities come out and freeze it? Or both?

What I would do, without anyone aiding and experimenting possibly wasting this precious material:\ is dissolve 200mg DMT into 5mL of naptha. If impurities show, suck up the clear and put into a petri dish (with syran wrap?) and let it hopefully crystallize. Or, let it evaporate in the open.

I really would not know what I was doing, but I guess experimentation has it's lessons to be taught. I would certainly appreciate any help on how to clean and/or recrystallize this synthetic DMT freebase powder.

It seems stronger than clear shards of plant extracted. I'd clean it up with my lungs personally. Although colored synthetics tend to make one worry. Recrystalize if anything, there won't be any lye for the ammonia to clean.

Well, the last part is because you're in a downstroke in life's ups and downs at the moment. It'll get better, it always does!

Additionally, I conjecture that the collective mind is currently a bit down as well. Time will send us back up again. Or maybe that's just me, projecting onto everything else.

I'll attempt to project plastic visions of positive rainforest energy shortly...

anybody have any ideas about why I can't seem to get my yields cleaned up enough to be a manageable smoke, cause even after doing freeze precips and then ammonia washes the product is still way to harsh for me to hold in the smoke longer than a second or too.

should I possibly just do more than one freezeprecips? Idk, i'm getting the crystals but am still not being able to smoke them successfully.
any helps appreciated

I don't know why your DMT is so harsh even after recrystalization and a wash...when you dissolve the crystals in warm naptha before doing the fridge-freezer cycles are you looking for a small layer of oils at the bottom of the jar? If not, look for that.

I remove it by using a small jar for the naptha then titling it on its side and sticking a syringe in there. Even if you pull in some naptha just let it sit in the barrel for a second then push out the oil and put the rest of the naptha back in your jar.

If you are removing that layer and still getting dirty crystals then I don't know what to tell you. What kind of extraction did you use? Acid-base or just straight to base?

How are you smoking it? It might just be your reaction to DMT, it is very harsh unlike anything else. Have you smoked crystals before that weren't so harsh?

terrapintraveler said:
just tried the elfspice tek the other day using 1lb powdered potent bark and came out with less than a gram of black goo that doesn't work...wasn't expecting this at all...any ideas what might have gone THAT wrong and why this author seems to really be sucking at life right now?
Summer solstice in this half of the world, very intense and unbalanced day for extraction.

Smoked about 350 mg over the course of a few hours after consuming 2 grams mushrooms. Caught the midwest leg of the wippet tour directly after setting down the dmt pipe, this became a little compulsive, but seeing wippets live tends to do that...Great combination, conveyor belts of multicolored rocks flowing in opposite directions, covering everything no matter where I looked.

The mushrooms seem to lengthen the dmt, as well as make it slightly more potent. Wippets did exactly what I expected them to do. They're fairly predictable, but effective never the less.

seiko420 said:
I don't know why your DMT is so harsh even after recrystalization and a wash...when you dissolve the crystals in warm naptha before doing the fridge-freezer cycles are you looking for a small layer of oils at the bottom of the jar? If not, look for that.

I remove it by using a small jar for the naptha then titling it on its side and sticking a syringe in there. Even if you pull in some naptha just let it sit in the barrel for a second then push out the oil and put the rest of the naptha back in your jar.

If you are removing that layer and still getting dirty crystals then I don't know what to tell you. What kind of extraction did you use? Acid-base or just straight to base?

How are you smoking it? It might just be your reaction to DMT, it is very harsh unlike anything else. Have you smoked crystals before that weren't so harsh?

Yea i see the oil coming out, all yellowish
I pour the naphtha into another jar leaving behind the oil
I'm sing an acid-base extraction

I'm smoking it right now out of a lightbulb made into a vaporizer
and no i've never had nonharsh dmt because the only way ive been able to find it is extracting it meself.

Well if your sure you didn't suck up any lye and all your crystals are close to white or slightly tan and your having DMT like experiences all I can say is that it just might be the way things are.

How are you smoking it? Some people have reported vaporizing it on top of some parsley in a bong with out water allows you to let the vapor cool before inhaling it. I have never used this method so I can't comment of effectivness but the theory behind it seems right.

I do an ammonia wash after the freeze precip so that should wash out any possible lye that got into the product.
but maybe it is just the method im using causing some way hot vapor since tere is not much time at all for it to cool down on the way to my lungs.
I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, was just checking if anybody could give any hints
thanks

how overwhelming is DMT as far as intensity goes? is it possible to have a bad trip on this drug or does it just go too far out to worry about "negative" and "positive". from what i've read about it, it seems as if DMT isn't really known for intensity. for example, if salvia gave someone an out of this world trip and they were afraid of DMT because it's so much more out of this world should that scare them away from it?

in summary, is DMT more intense than salvia? in what ways?
any other related info would be very appreciated.

The intensity is about the same but DMT has much greater clarity and more cohesive visions. My experience with salvia includes alot of confusion and bewilderment.

IMHO DMT is vastly superior.

I could really be convinced that DMT is an alien interdimensional transit technology but I'd never be convinced of the same for salvia.

It is possible to have a bad trip on vaporized DMT but the duration serves as a sort of built in damage control.

Last edited:
I just tried dmt yesterday and have to say I love that swampy smelling shit, quite intense

cLOUDDEAD said:
how overwhelming is DMT as far as intensity goes? is it possible to have a bad trip on this drug or does it just go too far out to worry about "negative" and "positive".

DMT certainly soen't dissociate you in the way salvia does- I've generally found that at reasonable doses I'm still able to think fluidly, in the sense that I'm aware, at a core level, of what is occurring. At very high doses (estimating 100mgs up-usually smoked after having previously smoked, so perhaps tolerance comes into play) I've 'blacked-out' or at least completely forgotten that I was alive. That feels more like being unconcious. However, the overwhelming feeling is of positivity and euphoria, though there can be a lot of anxiety at times, as with every psychedelic.

from what i've read about it, it seems as if DMT isn't really known for intensity. for example, if salvia gave someone an out of this world trip and they were afraid of DMT because it's so much more out of this world should that scare them away from it?

Comparing the two is very hard, except that they are both intense in their own ways. Salvia is something I use with caution and hesitation and outright fear, but its pretty inspiring and so worth the negatives- DMT is something I truly love to smoke, and can at almost any occaision. But time brings familiarity, and I began my proper DMT voyaging with small doses and gradually increased. Also bear in mind, DMT is one of the few psychedelics I enjoy low doses of, and are very rewarding in their own way. So even a small dose, which won't neccesarily rock your world, can be enjoyable and beneficial an give you something to think about.

in summary, is DMT more intense than salvia? in what ways?
any other related info would be very appreciated.

Theres a million psychonautical jargon that everyones probably heard- but I remember a foaf saying that DMT was like being gently massaged, whereas salvia was like having a scalpel jammed in your head. Not a bad simile. But DMT has given me some of the most intense experiences of my life, though nothing as terryfying as salvia. If your ready for an incredible tsunami of emotion, then try some DMT+ Start small and have fun... :)

willow11 said:
an incredible tsunami of emotion

quoted for beauty

(DMT and 5-MeO-DMT and Salvinorin A all loaded up into the same pipe certainly gave me a monster share of that)

DMT, whats this about?

DMT is whats in Ayahuasca right?

What recreational value is this drug/why do people use it?

Whats it like?

Status
Not open for further replies.