PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hermes20Caduceus.jpg

This is the Caduceus..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

Archetypal imagery, I've seen shit like that before while tripping. It is a medical symbol...?

Also one used to promote movies ;)

snake01_1024.jpg

Reminds me of the Blue Shield and Blue Cross logo (obviously just the cross one), minus the extra snake.

it's the symbol for pharmacy around here…

and now for something completely different:
ive recently smoked some dmt on the tail end of a mdma experience. the dmt lasted a good deal longer, but was less spiritual and more 'fun'. also the colors seen with closed eyes were more rainbow colored and brighter than what i usually see with dmt alone. altogether a nice experience but the true potential of dmt lies elsewhere. i'm looking forward to trying dmt together with lsd.

DMT "Surges" an Affect of MAOIs?

Up until a few weeks ago when I intramuscularly injected DMT in combination with an MAOI, I believed the surges I experienced with ayahuasca—where the trip suddenly increases in intensity for a few minutes before receding again (and repeats)—were due to the liquid ayahuasca mixture rounding a new corner of the intestines and being more quickly absorbed by an “unsaturated” tract of the gut (or random gallbladder excretion). This was corroborated by two telling observations. Firstly I noticed surges occurring when I turned over and lay on my opposite side while tripping, an act that I guessed to coat a new length of intestinal tract with DMT by force of gravity. And secondly, in my non-MAOI trials with DMT intramuscularly, the experience was very even and predictable, suggesting that the smoother trip was indeed due to the more constant and predictable DMT blood concentration one would expect more from IM administration over oral/MAOI.

This conclusion was contradicted however by a recent, difficult and physically taxing, trial with DMT (IM) in conjunction with syrian rue where the surging was so powerful it was fully incapacitating (hope to have a report soon). I suspect that the surging phenomenon is due to an interaction with an MAOI, but I can’t really say for sure from one experience. Do most of you who consume DMT orally with an MAOI experience these surges? If yes, have you noticed differences in the intensity of the surging between different MAOIs? Have any of you experienced intense surges from insufflated or injected doses or used MAOIs in conjunction with these routes of administration? What were the differences if any?

I have some questions regarding smoking techniques peops..
I have tried smoking out of a lightbulb so far however there is a problem
the smoke is always really harsh to the point that I can barely hold it in my lungs
is it supposed to be this hot or is there something i might wanna do to help me be able to hold it in better
or do i just need to get used to the harshness and hold it in somehow

Pure DMT vapor is not harsh at all. It is actually quite smooth (I don't feel it going down or out.

You may need to purify your DMT, as there is likely a bit of naptha remaining in it (assuming you extracted it). What color is it?

yellow-whitish
they were completely dry on the tray...how would i go about purifying it better than that

edit::
what it looked like photo before scraping:
imgz0343ap0.jpg

what it looked like after scraping:
img0e345bi4.jpg

these pictures look pretty much exactly like mine did
dont got a camera though

I got the idea that it should be harsh from erowid...but i suppose erowid is not always right....
do these pictures look about like it should?

Last edited:
yeah whoever said DMT smoke is harsh is smoking impure DMT. Its smooooooth.

ok
well damn
i guess i have to wait to get more naphtha in order to recrystallize since i ran out starting a new extraction

so is a non-harsh product able to be obtained by just doing an evap..or is recrystallization neccesary?

Neither is necessary. A wash with cold DH20 over a coffee filter is probably all that is needed. That should clean up the DMT (the DMT is of course not soluble in the H20, and some of the impurities are).

You could alternately make a solution of H20 and DMT, then add a layer of naptha, and remove that layer and evaporate it.

oh ok thanks alot s_s
I've finally gotten a successful extraction so I can't wait for a full dose!
all I've gotten to do so far is very low doses...which were actually amazing in and of themselves
but I shall soon enough i suppose

haha and this may be a stupid question but....is dh20 just another way to say h20?...or am i confused

alright thanks

ok just to double check since after a few tries and a few failed extractions...
this is what I am about to do to clean up the crystals a bit:
1. put the crystals into coffee filter
2. run chilled distilled water over filter

this is what I need to do, correct?

yea it probably is just as simple is you made it sound i just wanna make sure cause I am eager but not willing to much a bad move cause i couldnt wait to be sure

Last edited:
recrystalizations are great after your first big expereince, cuz then your not in a rush to get your extraction done so you can finaly smoke some... and recrystalizations become kinda fun haha.

haha well I would love to do a recrystallization...but I don't have easy access to naphtha at the moment...but I do have plenty of bark
so I am plenty willing to wait to do another extraction where I can (attempt to) make some nice needle point crystals
but for this one since it will be a bit till I get more naphtha I think I will just do a wash with dh20 (feel smarter using that abbreviation now ha..not really)

but really this whole operation preparing these crystals has been extremely fun
I love chemistry..I just need to learn a bit more

s_s, did you do a wash on the pink synthetic DMT that was available? I still find it quite harsh, I havent washed it

Status
Not open for further replies.