Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thugg said:
I searched, didn't turn up anything that I don't already know about cleaning a marijuana pipe (as for why it was in PD, I don't know, lol)..

Anyway, so I'm wondering what would the best way to clean out an oil pipe to get rid of DMT/5-Meo-DMT residue? Would the isopropyl alcohol and salt work just as with a cannabis pipe? Or is there another method? They are cheap enough I could just go buy a couple, but I would prefer not to.

I don't know if I scorched it a little, or if it's some impurities, but there's a little black stuff inside that I would prefer not to keep smoking each time. I would also like to minimize the chance of smoking a little DMT when trying 5-Meo-DMT or vice versa.

Any tips?

Ok, so yo answer my own question. I'm sure isopropyl alcohol and salt would work. However, neither was at my disposal, only fingernail polish remover (acetone). I poured a little in, swooshed it around, and the bulk of the residue came right off. A little scrubbing with a q-tip removed almost everything. But there was some really stubborn stuff that wouldn't come off.

My only concern is that the acetone might have soaked into the remaining residue, but you can't smell acetone, or really even mothballs coming from the pipe anymore. So I take it that's a good sign, and that it's ready for use again.

Solipsys said:
Are you sure you're taking the counter-ion into account?

Probably not. Thanks for that - I've learnt something there:)

In fact there have been darker batches around that were even a tad purer than that white one (lab results).

Counter-ion? Shit! That sounds too techno for me.

Roundbouts where I come from our MDMA was naturallll, straight from the sassafrass plant, its tan with flecks and was the most potent I'd ever seen (130mg would get you in a puddle quickly).

How well would freebase DMT store, assuming I don't freeze it?

Last edited:
if i can get dmt hcl, how difficult is it to turn it into freebase so i can smoke it? is shooting similar to smoking? does dmt hcl oral + maoi work?

I snorted about 8mg the other night and it worked without a MAOI. I did it right before smoking 10-15mg and it lengthened the trip quite a bit (right before I smoked, I checked my eyes and they were surely dilated wide open already from the DMT).

A friend of mine tried this with a pretty hefty dose, definitely over 40mg, but no MAOI, and suffered a lot of pain and only a very light experience

I have snorted DMT before without any MAOI. It most definetly worked, actually, it worked too well. I snorted roughly 150mg of extracted DMT freebase. It was painfull. Ive always equated the pain of that experience to what I imagine it would feel like to snort crushed hot coals.

The trip started less than a minute after I railed the DMT. First, the world took on a cell shaded cartoon look. Then I became very uncomfortable, I knew I was gonna puke. I had turned the lights out, so I had to navigate down the hall and into the bathroom in the dark, but I dont think having the lights on would have helped me at this point anyways. There were so many fractals and interweving patterns in front of my eyes. I couldnt see past them.

Somehow, I managed to make it to the bathroom. I puked violently into the toilet. Puked again and again and again. Harder and harder. Dry heaved again and again and again. Not only was my nose and throat burning, but my chest and stomach hurt from puking. I thought I was going to die from the pain, or atleast go into shock. I am amazed I didnt atleast pass out.

The visuals were amazing, but I was only able to concentrate on them whenever I wasnt puking. I spent the rest of the trip with my head on the toilet seat, starring into infinity. The visuals were insane, but I was fairly clear headed. This was my first breakthrough experience with DMT, I had tried smoking it a few times without any luck.

The pain from snorting lasted several hours longer than the experience, which I estimated at around 20 to 30 minutes in length. I do not know if something that shouldn't have, like lye for example, made it through the extraction process. I had recyrstallized the DMT in fresh naptha in the freezer 3 times before trying this experience.

Ive heard that converting the DMT from freebase, not to DMT HCL something else... mabye citrate?, can make the experience much less painfull. Hopefully somebody else has some experience. I would love to repeat this again, but I won't if I can't make it less painfull.

I too insufflated 100mg of DMT freebase and it was as painful as it was beautiful. Would I do it again? Yes (if spice ever sounds appealing again).

With no MAOi the experience took roughly 5 minutes to come on and lasted about 1 hour (after effects and sinus burn lasting much longer). It also affected my dreams for several days and dispelled any depression that may have existed prior, leaving the mood elevated for several weeks.

It burns.

Yeah, it burns like a motherfucker! I've done up to 100mg at a time and I find the burn to last around 10-20mins although my perception of time is always way off so who the hell knows. Still though the high lasts for about an hour and is fucking awesome. Worth a try in my opinion.

DMT freebase is very strongly alkaline and will give you alkali burns. Find some way of neutralising it before snorting it.

suggestions to neutralize it?

I would guess if one wants an extended DMT trip, oral would be the way to go.

samadhi_smiles said:
suggestions to neutralize it?

I would guess if one wants an extended DMT trip, oral would be the way to go.

It's gonna be tricky to neutralise it for snorting. You can neutralise it to an extent if you hold it in an acidic solution in your mouth but DMT HCL salt is a sticky, treacle like substance so if you bunged DMT freebase into some strong acid you'd just end up with treacle...:\

Merged relevant posts from a thread about snorting DMT to here.

i was wondering about extracting dmt from Acacia mearnsii or more commonly known as black wattle, because its quite common in the area =D

unfortunatly ive been unabe to figure out how much dmt is in it and which parts of the tree is most concentrated :(

considering there are 1600ish Acacia plants would this extracion method be the the best for blackwattle?
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/extraction_guide1/dmt_extraction_guide1.shtml

DMT Stink Breath!

I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem. I smoke DMT perhaps once every two of three weeks or so, and not a lot, maybe 30-40 mg each event.

I have this resident DMT taste that comes into my mouth every once in a while, mostly in my throat, more of an aroma. It is subtle, but awful, and it worries me, because it indicates DMT is still in my system, which from a health perspective is not an exciting prospect.

Anyone else have this problem or have any comments?:(

Well, if there is a single sense that can be said to be the most evocative of past memories it is the olfactory sense (smell). With this kind of robust psychological connection in place, it would not surprise me if in some people smells could be fed back from memories too, especially intense memories like those from DMT experiences. If that isn't the case, perhaps some of the vaporized oil was absorbed into your mucus membranes and was only later exposed to olfactory receptors. You may be able to test this latter suggestion by exhaling DMT vapor through your nose--thereby inundating the mucus membranes with the oil--and observing whether or not the "smell" occurs more often or not compare to exhalation through the mouth. In any case, if I were you I wouldn't be concerned for my health from these experiences alone.

Haha, I remember once when a roommate walked in on me smoking DMT, and was like, "Good Christ, what the fuck is that smell?"

It's indolic so your nose and taste buds are very sensitive to it and can probably detect very minute amounts, I wouldn't worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.