Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

Any indication on how much piss one may wish to drink - or how much piss is required to make it worthwhile to extract from ?

Does genetics affect this ?

Diet ? (insert several other questions in the same vein)

It is interesting tho - I admit that :)

B9 said:
Any indication on how much piss one may wish to drink - or how much piss is required to make it worthwhile to extract from ?

Does genetics affect this ?

Diet ? (insert several other questions in the same vein)

It is interesting tho - I admit that :)

I'm not sure if you're serious about the urine thing, but it's such a small amount of DMT in urine it takes multi-million-dollar-machines to find trace amounts. It's a product of serotonin and tryptamine according to that second study I posted, and you don't have a lot of either in your non-brain parts.

(gazes off into the distance)

There's so much about the brain we don't know. It's another frontier of science, waiting for another few centuries of research. Nonetheless, our current understanding of the brain includes DMT, but its purpose is still obscured. It'll undoubtedly be one of thousands of neurotransmitters that play parts in the complex system that governs our conscious and unconscious interaction with the physical world.

I'm not sure if you're serious about the urine thing

Not really I was just speculating ( or taking the piss ;) ) but it's interesting to know that it is naturally occurring in the Human body. I didn't reckon it'd be in significant or utilisable quantities tho.

Still as I said interesting nonetheless.:)

B9 said:
Not really I was just speculating ( or taking the piss ;) ) but it's interesting to know that it is naturally occurring in the Human body. I didn't reckon it'd be in significant or utilisable quantities tho.

I've heard horror stories (urban legends?) of meth addicts drinking their own urine to get more methamphetmaine because so much of it passes through the body unchanged, so your conjecture isn't that unreasonable. :]

As far as it being interesting... (o_O) DMT is a ridiculous drug.

Unrelated: If everyone hasn't seen entropymancer's thread on "jungle spice" you can go delve in. I'm... very... tempted. To get xylene. And try.

Unrelated to ^: And also my current run is turning out brilliant white crystals. w00t for a way cleaner extraction this time.

bauble, thanks for the abstracts about endogenous DMT, I'd been looking for that.

So endogenous DMT/5-meo-dmt production may serve to keep us from developing psychosis? Or is it the MAO production levels that allow this human DMT to thrive enough to function?

StagnantReaction said:
bauble, thanks for the abstracts about endogenous DMT, I'd been looking for that.

So endogenous DMT/5-meo-dmt production may serve to keep us from developing psychosis? Or is it the MAO production levels that allow this human DMT to thrive enough to function?

That first abstract I cited only explains that there's a g-protein-coupled human trace amine (TA) receptor that's activated by a number of drugs that acts as an anxiolytic (stress-reducing) effect.

Here's my conjecture: If DMT is involved during the visual aspect of dreaming, then this would suggest why our mind remains calm while we hallucinate the dream world. But I'm totally unqualified to make this conjecture. Totally. Really. If scientists say that they don't understand the brain, then I'm like a 2 year old talking talking next to a 6 year old about high-level mathematics.

And therein lies the problem in answering your question. I have another study to cite, this time from 1970:

PMID: 5415111

Multiple forms of human brain mitochondrial monoamine oxidase.
Collins GG, Sandler M, Williams ED, Youdim MB

Monoamine oxidase exists in at least four molecular forms in different areas of the human brain. Variations in their enzymatic properties may have important clinical implications, perhaps reflecting their relative ability to degrade different monoamine substrates in vivo.

And of course, a little information from [link="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase"]wikipedia[/link] never hurt.

I can't even find a good abstract for this. But I'm not sure we fully understand the function of mitochondrial monoamino-oxidase, because we don't fully understand the role of all the neurotransmitters. We know that some MAO's catabolize seretonin, norepinephrine, epineprhine, others phenethylamine, and others dopamine, but the second study I cited shows that only recently we've come to understand that some MAO's catabolize DMT too. We don't understand MAO's function, much less DMT.

But I do think my conjecture above (^ that DMT is involved in visual dreaming, and affects that anaxiolytic TA to suppress anxiety) is pretty similar to the academic hypothesis.

Seriously: fuck political stigma for DMT's schedule 1 status. Obstructing research into drugs endogenous in the human brain in a country where we prescribe children methamphetamines is ludicrous.

B9 said:

Iv notice that I need to take a piss alot of times after shooting DMT. I wonder if its just being excreted out???

someone else I KINDA persuaded to IV DMT/heroin combo enjoyed it as well. maybe they will chime in.
JUST DONT MAKE IT A HABIT!!! 3

^ I really enjoyed it. I was a little apprehensive going into it but it is definitely worthwhile. I will be trying a larger dose in the nearish future ... taking this slow, though.

I'd say the same as any simple tryptamine, in a baggie, in an amber vial, with a bit of dessicant, in the freezer.

Okay guys...

So i finally got some DMT and I am very excited to try it for my first time (thanks to a very kind soul who hooked a brotha up )

Lets say I dont have a milligram scale. What would be a good way to measure out a nice first dose? I dont want a full on break through my first time but more like a border line breakthrough where I am fully immersed. If you guys think guesstimating dosages is a silly idea, then I will for sure get a milli scale.

Also, if I am not able to store it in a freezer this summer, will keeping it in a cool, dry place, like in my basement, be sufficient to keep it from degrading if I store it this way for about a month or so?

Thanks guys and sorry if these questions seem silly- I am just a DMT n00b but will soon be acquainted with this wonderful golden spice.

yes to your storage question, that will be perfectly fine. I have kept DMT in the past in my room (room temp) for a couple months and it was perfectly fine.

Eyeballing DMT is fine I think. You want to shoot for 50mg. So, if you got 250mg or whatever (hopefully your friend told you exactly how much he/she gave you), then just split into 5 equal piles. A little bit more or less won't really matter. The goal is just to get 2-3 big tokes into you as fast as possible.

If you're in a very safe setting (ideal is very remote/quiet sylvan ie forest setting) then undershooting or overshooting is not a big deal.

Have a great time exploring it! You will love it I bet!!! :) <3

Nice I am excited and will post a TR after I give it a go. I have a full gram so I guess I will just split it into 10 equal piles and then divide those in half to get roughly 50mg.

<3

FreedomOfTheMind said:
Nice I am excited and will post a TR after I give it a go. I have a full gram so I guess I will just split it into 10 equal piles and then divide those in half to get roughly 50mg.

<3

I would recomend just throwing in a whole tenth (higher likleyhood of a break through that way).... and if possible use the machine. All of what S_S said sounded good too. Happy Hyperspace <3 <3 <3

to FOTM^Are you certain you got a full gram? You don't want to miscalculate...

Does anyone here know much about the philosophical issues raised by quantum mechanics?

I have used a fair portion of DMT in my lifetime, and the aggregate of all that I learned during my trips (not just on DMT, but DMT contributed a great deal) formulated into a hypothesis of mine that I found out later to be the principle philosophical issue in quantum mechanics, or, basically, everything.

I believe the experience triggered by DMT is intrinsic with this problem, and that surely, there is something much much more to existence than we have established as of yet.

And I believe DMT can help us in it's understanding.

Yeah I am sure its a gram- thats what it was purchased as and it was weighed out im sure.

Thanks for the tips guys- I am looking forward to my first journey into the DMT hyperspace.

Psychsrbest- That sounds very interesting. I would like to hear your theory if you don't mind posting it or PM it to me.

its really impossible to overdose on smoking DMT. Karma actually gave the best idea, if you are looking to breakthrough for your first time just throw in a tenth and try to smoke as much as possible. You probably won't get all of it but will almost surely breakthrough if you try to get as much as possible.

peace and love friend! I'll happily await your TR as your LSD trip report was extremely interesting to me. :)
samadhi

Status
Not open for further replies.