View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Hey I merged this in with the Bug and Dandy dmt thread.....my two cents- DMT is extremely 'enjoyable' in the true psychedelic sense; it can be terryfying in the breadth of euphoria and the utter weirdness of what is being sensed, but is also 'relxaing' in the sense that the effects don't feel 'wrong' in the way some people think salvia feels. DMT is a gentle rapist :)

I expect to enjoy it, I really like tryptamines.

Anyone ever tried the DMT/nitrous combo?

swilow said:
DMT is a gentle rapist :)

I tore this phrase out of context and repeated it to a friend who has never tried DMT, and needless to say they're more hesitant to try it than ever!

A question about DMT

If one were to use DMT in a relatively low amount..:
Would there be an increased pulse rate?
Would there be increased blood pressure?
How long would the effects last?

Please note that this isn't if one has a panic attack, it's just a normal trip on a low dose.

Thanks,
Zildjian..

I think with most simple tryptamines they raise the pulse rate and BP when taken in. Lower doses will cause less obviously...but once you reach a certain level in the dose the peaks plateau (so very large doses of DMT are not physically any more dangerous than a relatively large dose).

They are very safe chemicals if you know what you have is pure. But, I think somebody with a heart condition may want to proceed with caution....

samadhi_smiles said:
I think with most simple tryptamines they raise the pulse rate and BP when taken in. Lower doses will cause less obviously...but once you reach a certain level in the dose the peaks plateau (so very large doses of DMT are not physically any more dangerous than a relatively large dose).

They are very safe chemicals if you know what you have is pure. But, I think somebody with a heart condition may want to proceed with caution....

So, what you mean is that a large dose is not anymore dangerous than a smaller one? Also, is the increase sky high, or barely an increase at all?

It's a noticeable increase for sure, but it's not dangerous in the least to a healthy person. I can't recall the figures right off the top of my head, but look into DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman. He did a bunch of controlled experiments in New Mexico in the early nineties and published all of his work. The numbers are in there. To someone with a preexisting condition, it might be dangerous, I don't know. I would start very low, perhaps 25mg, and work up slowly, that way you would have an idea of what it will be like.

I can't seem to find any numbers. The Spirit Molecule says BP and HR increase "sharply" ( http://rickstrassman.com/dmt/chaptersummaries.html ). However, only VERY extreme BP/HR is dangerous if it only lasts for around 20 minutes. In general, elevated heart rate is bad if it lasts a long time, but the body is pretty good at handling temporary increases (e.g., aerobic exercise). The better shape you're in, the longer and higher elevations your body can handle without issue.

At any rate, I've never heard of a DMT-related heart failure, and if it's happened, it's certainly quite rare. If you or someone you know has a bad heart or whatnot, as butane said, start with smaller doses and move up.

swilow said:
^Hey I merged this in with the Bug and Dandy dmt thread.....my two cents- DMT is extremely 'enjoyable' in the true psychedelic sense; it can be terryfying in the breadth of euphoria and the utter weirdness of what is being sensed, but is also 'relxaing' in the sense that the effects don't feel 'wrong' in the way some people think salvia feels. DMT is a gentle rapist :)

this is one drug that can go absolutely haywire bad without any warning whatsoever. The worst DMT experience of my life was in my bedroom, a comfortable setting one would assume, in a perfectly decent mindset, with chill as hell music i love playing. I went from anxiously but joyfully going about smoking it to absolute confusion and misery in seconds. THe entities encountered were actually ANGRY at me...

It can be warm, gentle, loving, and even "nurturing" or "motherly" but it can also be harsh, cruel, and even mean.

yeh, but as "harsh, cruel, and even mean" as it gets, its only a few minutes til baseline.

i've yet to see anyone smoke it, and say they'd never try it again.

Merged in question about DMT and bp/heart rate.

I find, initially DMT can make my heart raise and pound somewhat- but its hard to guess whether thats a reaction produced by DMT itself, or a bodily adrenaline-based response....either way, I find it either fades or I don't notice it after a few seconds- at least, its never been something I've thought about too much. As S_S said, most simpe tryptamines will raise cardio-activity, but not dangerously so. DPT gives me some rise of both on onset.

5-MEO-DMT on the other hand seems to raise both bp and heart rate in a more frightening way, ime. It feels a lot more dangerous.

Acid had my heart rate at 160-183 for like two hours.

Anyone ever listen to music with headphones while on DMT?

Last edited:
Based on subjective diagnosis, you can't be sure that an increased heart rate would really count for anything. THC will elevate your heart rate (sometimes uncomfortably), yet studies have indicated that it may help prevent atherosclerosis.

Can we assume the same results occur with our endogenous cannibanoids? I'd venture to say that DMT is also in this endogenous category of safe interaction with our physical body.

^^Endogenous means very little in terms of safety.

As far as the BP concern goes, I'm sure DMT causes a significant temporary increase, but it shouldn't be a health issue for the vast majority of people. Strength training can get your peak BP far higher than DMT. Even in a normal sized person, bench press can boost you above 240/140 range ... fortunately only for a very brief period.

Psychedelic Gleam said:
It can be warm, gentle, loving, and even "nurturing" or "motherly" but it can also be harsh, cruel, and even mean.
the trip is all based on your mindset. whatever happens in there is all you. so, if you're consistently having scary experiences on dmt (well you're probably scared to smoke it by now) then i suggest looking into clearing your intent, and creating a better experience for yourself. however a completely clear intent creates an undeniable hyperspace, a breakthrough that takes you to the top of the dmt experience pyramid, and it can be quite insane.

DMT - Sudden trip degradation

Greetings - I have been smoking dmt regularly (couple sessions per week) over the past three or four months. I use a glass meth-type water pipe without water. I have pretty well nailed down my vaporization technique to where I've been getting very powerful breakthrough journeys (complete out of body with full interaction with the elfs / beings) with small doses ( 25-30mg of NN-DMT) in one big hit. Regular trips outside of the veil have not been a problem until this week. Suddenly I can't get anything more than mild to moderate visuals regardless of the dose. The breakthrough has been completely elusive for the last five or six sessions. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this sudden degradation in effect. Could the dmt suddenly have gone bad? Have I built up a sudden tolerance? I am taking Demerol for pain from a recent surgery. Could the Demerol be interfering with the dmt's effects?
Thanks in advance for any help / insight!

^I find that actively seeking for the concept of fear on DMT seems to render the concept obselete. I remember several times feeling distinct 'panic' but upon trying to track it as such, it subsided into a mere word, with no context really. In that sense it (DMT) has really helped me with general issues in 'real ife' as I had/have been plagued by anxiety and panic to varying degrees.

But I totally agree on mindset here. And, one thing that "studying" buddhhist texts helped me with is the idea that 'mind' is always in flux anyway, so when one does try to hang onto something like self, and the sensations that go with it, it is actually 'unnatural' as your clinging to something that doesn't exist in the permanent way we humans like....thus the bad feelings/tripping imo. DMT says 'go with the flow'.

I've had trouble breaking through when I was too focussed en stressed. That, in combination of low dose upper usage to keep me up en running (focussed).

I did get plenty of visuals, but I wasn't shattered like I used and love to be. It went away after a while, now I haven't got any problems with it :)

immad - thanks for the input. So did you take a break, or just push on through to get past this? I'd actually taken about a 2 - 3 week break before this started happening. I recently spoke with a friend who also said he experienced the same phenomenon. Sounds like it could be somewhat common.

Status
Not open for further replies.