Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
StagnantReaction said:
If you heat it too much, that might burn the molecule. Was it smoke or vapor before you inhaled it? What did the dmt look like, purity, etc?

Don't know the purity, but it came from a reputable company. I'm sure it was vapor, I only heated it with a bic. I just smoked a shitload more, got some visuals, trippiness, whatnot, but I have to say I'm very underwhelmed. What about plugging the freebase? Does that work or would it be just a waste of material?

Black said:
you are aware that some dmt will precipitate if you cool heated naphta to room temperature?
please use proper NaOH next time!
MODS: I want to post a picture of my shot glasses with the extraction, but I suspect that may be against the rules. Your decision?

I, like recept, was unable to find real lye. It sucks. There not THAT much of a contaminant, and I've gotten some DMT before (those oily crystals got me to DMT-threshold...), but in the MHRB/Lye/Naphtha jar, the contaminant is green and sits in between the MHRB and the naphtha. When I used eye droppers to take out the naphtha, I put it in shot glasses then cooled those to room temp.

I now have three layers:

Bottom: dark brown fluid, a little cloudy. (a precipitate, I assume) Black, if this IS indeed precipitate... what is it? Lots of DMT, but dissolved in enough naphtha to make it not crystallize?

Middle: Green specks. Looks like the middle later from the MHRB/Lye/Naphtha jar. Nothing I want in my lungs.

Top: Yellowish / clear, like extracted naphtha. Does this have DMT in it? I'll probably evaporate it and find out.​

To summarize, my question is: what do I do now? Freeze it and pour off the liquid? Don't freeze anything and evaporate everything? Freeze it, pour off the liquid, evaporate that liquid?

Unrelated: I live in an area where real crack pipes are readily available... so I learned from the ingenuity of those who live in regions without crack pipes and stuffed a piece of copper scrubbing pad down the little tube. It doesn't slide in and out, no molten DMT burns my tongue like often happens without some kind of filter.

dbailey11 said:
Don't know the purity, but it came from a reputable company. I'm sure it was vapor, I only heated it with a bic. I just smoked a shitload more, got some visuals, trippiness, whatnot, but I have to say I'm very underwhelmed. What about plugging the freebase? Does that work or would it be just a waste of material?
plugging the freebase may or may not work depending on what other chemicals you are on. Certainly it is not an efficient way to trip on DMT.

I tripped off it while on bk-MDMA (and some nootropics). But, ymmv (Jamshyd for instance has not tripped attempting this although he was not on methylone when he tried and did not use pure crystals iirc).

^^
I've posted some pictures before without getting scolded

the top layer, the naphtha layer ought to have the DMT in it, yellowish sounds about right for some plant oil and dmt being dissolved in it. The bottom layer is your aqueous solution, containing the basified water and plant material, the DMT becoming freebase in a basic solution won't be soluble in this layer. The middle layer is the contaminants from that nasty nasty draino (ew).

You want to separate the top naphtha layer and either allow it to completely evaporate, or evaporate it a bit and then stick it in the freezer to precipitate out DMT crystals. So you can use a turkey baster, eye dropper, separatory funnel, whatever to get that top layer away from the rest...
Of course there is no telling whether there is some contaminant in the draino that could have dissolved in the naphtha.

To anyone considering smoking a transdimensional dose of DMT whilst on the peak of MDMA (if you have a few hefty trips under your belt anyway), DO IT!

It pretty much works like Dondante was thinking. You are totally immersered, deeper than normal even, but you feel as if you have returned home to the center of infinite love. It turns the whole DMT thing into an navigable experience, and you retain much more of it when you come down (and then take more, lol), instead of getting hit over the head really hard and then returning from a daze.

I just dont know how to relate it. To me, its like DMT is sorta navigable, but largely something you listen to and witness. On MDMA it as if you really are a creature of the DMT-space. truly remarkable.

and then if you throw acid or whatever into the equation, sweet jesus. Go pee before you smoke it, seriously.

I am so taken with it, if I had the money, I'd give everyone I know several doses of each and let them sit on it until the time was right, or give it away as they see fit.

I feel like trying to use written language to describe it is just pissing all over the unimaginable beauty that these combos are.

dbailey11 said:
I got the chance to smoke dmt yesterday for the first time and I am pretty sure I did it all wrong. I used the old light bulb freebase method. I put 50mgs in there and began to vaporize it. When enough smoke built up I inhaled and took a loooong deep hit, I held it as long as I could and when I exhaled nothing came out. So I waited for something to develop and..... nothing. No getting swallowed into a world of kaleidoscopic fractal visions or entities or anything, I felt a little stary for a minute but that's it. Not even a real buzz in my book. What the hell did I do wrong here fellas?

If you blew nothing out, odds are very high that you simply did not get a big enough hit.

Love and Light

fizzacyst said:
To anyone considering smoking a transdimensional dose of DMT whilst on the peak of MDMA (if you have a few hefty trips under your belt anyway), DO IT!

It pretty much works like Dondante was thinking. You are totally immersered, deeper than normal even, but you feel as if you have returned home to the center of infinite love. It turns the whole DMT thing into an navigable experience, and you retain much more of it when you come down (and then take more, lol), instead of getting hit over the head really hard and then returning from a daze.

I just dont know how to relate it. To me, its like DMT is sorta navigable, but largely something you listen to and witness. On MDMA it as if you really are a creature of the DMT-space. truly remarkable.

and then if you throw acid or whatever into the equation, sweet jesus. Go pee before you smoke it, seriously.

I am so taken with it, if I had the money, I'd give everyone I know several doses of each and let them sit on it until the time was right, or give it away as they see fit.

I feel like trying to use written language to describe it is just pissing all over the unimaginable beauty that these combos are.

Iv been posting this for months now. not everything Iv posted in recent times is just pushing the envelope.

try smoking some DMT while doped up (not only on heroin (never actualy done it while on heroin) but rather oxycodone). it is similer but alil more... well agrivating at times. but this stems from how I get irritable when on opiates anyways.

oh, I also posted soem information which might support DMT being able to protect you against MDMA neurotoxicity.

Whoah that was IT baby!!!

Youkai said:
Iv been posting this for months now. not everything Iv posted in recent times is just pushing the envelope.

try smoking some DMT while doped up (not only on heroin (never actualy done it while on heroin) but rather oxycodone). it is similer but alil more... well agrivating at times. but this stems from how I get irritable when on opiates anyways.

Youkai, tonight I took 120mgs of oxycodone (60 orally and 60 insufflated) and insufflated 100mgs of dmt- and I finally broke through- total psychedelic blowout! Absolutely incredible. Like you said, "Rainbow nods are the shit". Damn that was Intense but just on the razor's edge of being too much and ultimate transcendent ecstasy.=D =D =D <3 <3 <3

Thanks for the tip, I can't wait to Iv while in oxy.:D

glad I could help. as mentioned, not every crazy combo or route of administration I do is totaly recklesss. some are actualy quite plessant and rewarding!!!

NOW IV KETAMINE NOW!!!!!.... j/k no, not realy.

infact I wouldnt do 120mg of oxy, way to much for me!!!!

Flowing over from the PD social thread HOWS THIS FOR CUTE <3 :)

x511zq.jpg

^^note all the recrystalized DMT on the inside of the pipe <3 probably enough in there to blast off like 4 people :)

rr08et.jpg

^^ the one on the right could blast off about 10 people i believe without having to add any more dmt of course. Having 2 is fun because you can blast off with a friend <3 <3 <3

karma1485 said:
Having 2 is fun because you can blast off with a friend <3 <3 <3

Or with a lover for some hyperspacial kinky alien deemster sex.=D =D

adrian89987 said:
^^
I've posted some pictures before without getting scolded

the top layer, the naphtha layer ought to have the DMT in it, yellowish sounds about right for some plant oil and dmt being dissolved in it. The bottom layer is your aqueous solution, containing the basified water and plant material, the DMT becoming freebase in a basic solution won't be soluble in this layer. The middle layer is the contaminants from that nasty nasty draino (ew).

You want to separate the top naphtha layer and either allow it to completely evaporate, or evaporate it a bit and then stick it in the freezer to precipitate out DMT crystals. So you can use a turkey baster, eye dropper, separatory funnel, whatever to get that top layer away from the rest...
Of course there is no telling whether there is some contaminant in the draino that could have dissolved in the naphtha.

First of all, thanks Adrian.

Second, I took the top layer and evap'd it on a plate. Lots of crystals formed. I assume this is what I want?
image.php

I might let it dry out this weekend and weigh it.

Third of all, this is my DMT-pipe-strategy:
image.php

bauble said:
I now have three layers:

Bottom: dark brown fluid, a little cloudy. (a precipitate, I assume) Black, if this IS indeed precipitate... what is it? Lots of DMT, but dissolved in enough naphtha to make it not crystallize?

Middle: Green specks. Looks like the middle later from the MHRB/Lye/Naphtha jar. Nothing I want in my lungs.

Top: Yellowish / clear, like extracted naphtha. Does this have DMT in it? I'll probably evaporate it and find out.​

To summarize, my question is: what do I do now? Freeze it and pour off the liquid? Don't freeze anything and evaporate everything? Freeze it, pour off the liquid, evaporate that liquid?

i would pull off the top yellowish color with a turkey baster and put in in a pie dish.
Wait till about 50% of that evaporates.
Now cover your pie dish with some plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer.
Go to sleep and when you wake up there will be DMT waiting for you in the pie dish.

Take the pie dish out of the freezer, and pour off the naphta thats still in the dish (you can save it for later pulls).
Let the DMT dry a bit and then either recrystalize or ammonia wash and smoke away.

love and light

bauble, how much bark did you use for the yield in your picture.

Also i would let it dry out a bit more till those gooey puddles turn into something solid.
A fan works very well to get this done quickly.

Also if you still have your basified black sludge soup perform a couple more naphtha pulls on it.

good l uck, have fun, love and lite

edit: corrected a mistake :\ , thanks for poining itout s_s

Last edited:
As long as we are talking extractions here.

Does anyone have any experience using xylene as the solvent.
Better or worse then naphtha?

Read up on the so-called "jungle DMT" before proceeding. I have no exp personally, but it apparently, according to reports, pulls out something else that alters the experience quite a bit.

^ yuremamine, it is also one of the likely candidates for what makes mimosa brew orally active without a MAOI (ie it is a MAOI).

is yuremamine soluble in naphta?

If i were to do a xylene pull and let it evap.

would i be able to pull dmt and leave behind all the jungle crap if i disolved it in just a bit naphta, pour that naphtha off and go about my regular freeze precip?

That seems to be the consenus, that its not soluble in naptha (which might vary in formulation dependng on local or brand), and why people advise using naptha instead of xylene.

Delsyd said:
Take the pie dish out of the freezer, wait for it to get to room temp and then pour off the naphta thats still in the dish (you can save it for later pulls).
Let the DMT dry a bit and then either recrystalize or ammonia wash and smoke awat.

bauble, how much bark did you use for the yield in your picture.

Also i would let it dry out a bit more till those gooey puddles turn into something solid.
A fan works very well to get this done quickly.

Also if you still have your basified black sludge soup perform a couple more naphtha pulls on it.

I'll attempt to try a few more pulls (it's not a huge concern, I think I have about .8 kg left...) on this mimosa hostilis. I used about 100 grams of bark. I'll attempt freezing it and pouring off the naphtha... though that naphtha is still full of DMT though, I assume? Best not to waste it and better to reuse it?

My crystals are getting more and more defined as they dry out. Yummy.

What I'd really really really like is a way to transform these crystals into something dry / not-sticky though.

Anyway:

When I smoke this... can I just take one huge drag on the pipe and hold it in and go to hyperspace? Or should the drags in for 20 seconds or something and go back for another? My technique is inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.